Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Post your favorite 2004 game, for me it's either half-life 2 or halo 2 depending on the day. probably half-life 2.

Can't believe I got to be 12 years old during the best era in gaming history, the perfect age.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Best Overall 2004 Game:

World of Warcraft

Love it or hate it, you have to admit it changed everything. Blizzard's Magnum Opus. They were on top of the world, and stayed there for a very long time. Much like Valve, a PC company that could do nothing wrong.

Runner Up:

Half-Life 2

Playing this in college blew my mind. It's only flaw is the vehicle poo poo which stops it from being number 1

Honorable Mention:

Burnout 3: Takedown - one of the best racing games ever made
Halo 2 - spent way too many late nights on Xbox live with this bad boy
GTA: SA - a little bloated and I prefer VC but still great

Nocturne. topic locked.

That Little Demon fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Apr 30, 2024

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

nocturne. topic locked

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Stux posted:

nocturne. topic locked

dipshit

edit: apologies. Sorry. I will do better. You are right. Disregard

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

san andreas

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

04 I was probably still on the Dark Cloud 2 grind. Finished Windwaker, natty. Oh I think I got Thousand Year Door that year too.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Based Zoomer born in 2007: Platted the Orange Box before I could walk. Trolled several etsy's.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Gotta be Metroid Prime 2 Echoes, if we're talking what we played at the time rather than what came out and we didn't play until later.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

That Little Demon posted:

dipshit

edit: apologies. Sorry. I will do better. You are right. Disregard

lmfao

in all seriousness if its games we played at the time like ee says, i agree w you 1000%. both wow and hl2 were incredibly hype and dominated my gaming for the year, and they stand the test of time as well, the hype was deserved. but on overall 2004 releases nocturne is head and shoulders above everything else for me, and id probably put ttyd up there as well now. but wow and hl2 cannot be denied

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
gran turismo 4

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
what a thrill...

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020

I CANT RESIST SHITTING UP THE BIG BOOBS THREAD WITH MY RANDOM FUCKING MONKEY CHEESE BULLSHIT! IF YOU SEE ME, FUCK ME UP.
Unreal Tournament 2004, probably the most goated shooter experience of my life with hella mods to feast on

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

very nice i like posted:

Unreal Tournament 2004, probably the most goated shooter experience of my life with hella mods to feast on

loving fail.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Burnout 3: Takedown was so win

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
katamari, gta sa, ace combat 5

still got my ps2 somewhere

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I don't think I remember 2004.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

if i lived to be a thousand years old, i would still remember the katamari theme song with perfect accuracty

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Based Zoomer born in 2007: Platted the Orange Box before I could walk. Trolled several etsy's.

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Cubone posted:

what a thrill...

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Cubone posted:

what a thrill...

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

MGS3 and Smackdown! vs. Raw

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Cubone posted:

what a thrill...

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Cubone posted:

what a thrill...

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
2004 was some peak gaming and lan party time for me and lots of shooters, agreed with half-life 2 or halo 2. also getting into eve online with friends. i think it was around 2004 because it was before we started to play og wow. time is pretty blurry from when i was 20-21.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

HolePisser1982 posted:

if i lived to be a thousand years old, i would still remember the katamari theme song with perfect accuracty

This.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Myst IV apparently came out that year (would have thought earlier) and also the Minish Cap.

i was playing a lot of Civ III with my roommate and going through SNES games i had never played at the time (i remember very specifically beating Earthbound for some reasons, but i don't know what else).

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
def jam fight for ny

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

lots of halo 2 was played. also tony hawk's underground 2 and katamari.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i dont think theyre better than nocturne or katamari, but KOTOR2 and paper mario thousand year door are awesome

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Cubone posted:

what a thrill...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

got my ps2 sept 2004 with a copy of ffx and then dq8 two months later, jrpg gamers stay winning. i think katamari was in december maybe

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

V-TM: Bloodlines. Your little gordon freeman, solid snake, or master chief are no match for my Malkavian arts

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

no. wait, i'm dumb as hell. got ffx at launch and then snake eater though

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

The nintendo DS, and all the slop it launched with :yum:

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Leadthumb posted:

The nintendo DS, and all the slop it launched with :yum:

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

STING 64 posted:

san andreas

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

just looked at a list of releases for 2004 and my eyes popped out of my skull. AND the DS and PSP came out. what a blessed year

I think I played San Andreas the most of any game in 2004. but also Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes came out and ignited my love for MGS after having played the demo for the first game on Pizza Hut demo discs in years past

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020

I CANT RESIST SHITTING UP THE BIG BOOBS THREAD WITH MY RANDOM FUCKING MONKEY CHEESE BULLSHIT! IF YOU SEE ME, FUCK ME UP.
Pikmin 2 also was a huge rear end highlight for me since it was the first in the series I had my own copy of. Good times losing my poo poo at bulbmin and feeling sad they didn't come to the surface

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

2004 was such a godlike year for gaming. Halo 2 LAN parties, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow spies vs. mercs, Half-Life 2, Mech Assault 2 multiplayer, and KOTOR2 were some personal highlights. Looking up some release dates, Far Cry, GTA San Andreas, Escape From Butcher Bay, and Burnout 3 all came out that year, too!?

Truly a golden year for multiplayer gaming and big, juicy single player games.