Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

This game is play by post on discord! Please join the discord server!

Legendary lives are hard to live, and yours has been no exception. You have been through much strife, and your story has been written, your indelible mark on history has been made. You are, by all definitions, a hero, whether it took the shape of stopping plagues, breaking sieges, or saving regents. Tales of your deeds have spread through Faerun, songs have been sung in your name, and scholars have studied your actions. After you finished your last adventure, you vowed to settle down, to take some time, to focus on yourself and your own goals.

Fate, however, had a different plan for you. Late one night, a messenger approaches you, breathless from rushing to find you. They silently hand you a letter before running back off into the distance as you open it:

quote:

Dearest ____,

Evil is rising, and the fate of the Toril rests upon your shoulders. Please meet me at the Blushing Mermaid in Baldurs gate on the 20th of Kythorn at noon.

- E

Some strange thread, perhaps a sense of duty or curiosity, pulls you there. As you arrive, you are ushered into the back room, where a table full of fellow legendary adventurers awaits. At the head of the table sits Elminster. “Thank you for coming,” he says, “I’m so glad you have all arrived. I… would not have asked you all here lightly.

“Now…” he continues after a brief pause, perhaps gathering his thoughts before continuing, “I am sure you all know that Mystra’s death has caused the Spellplague, and that it was orchestrated by Shar. Well, I have received word that she is imminently preparing to make a further play, though I don’t know exactly what it is yet. You must learn her plan from Prince Rivalen Tanthul, her High Priest in Faerun, so we may stop it…”

As his words ring through your ears, you realize that your story may not be over just yet...

Character Creation:
Starting Level: 21
Backgrounds: One
Themes: Yes
Inherent Bonuses: On
Bonus Feats:
- Melee Training
- Improved Defenses
- One Expertise Feat
Starting Equipment: Standard level appropriate gear: one each of level 20, 21, 22 magic items + 125,000gp

Tentative Application Deadline: 11:59pm US Eastern Time on 5/31/23 (this can be pushed back if need be)

This is an epic level game and your backstory should be similarly legendary. Feel free to invent calamities or alter established history for your character to act on! We're using the 4e FR timeline, but adding in any heroic actions that you have undertaken. That is to say, if you saved one of the kingdoms of the land from a dragon, or stopped a war, or whatever else, that actually happened in game. You are the stuff of legend and your backstory should reflect it (and indeed, the world will reflect it).

Applications and questions are to be posted on the game's discord server, which is also where we will be playing asynchronously!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU