Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
so, anyway, my new apartment has two bathrooms. only i live here. it's actually a great setup for one person but for confusing legacy reasons, it has two bathrooms. including two bathtubs.

suffice to say, one is the Guest bathroom. however, i do not have many guests, so i figure I can also have fun with this toilet room

the guest bathroom is the smaller one. the vanity/sink is on the outside, and there's a smaller room with just the toilet and bathtub on the inside. i'm only interested in theming the interior toilet zone, for the "wow" factor.

I was thinking I wanted to go with a space/science fiction theme. Also I might be putting a board/shelves over the bathtub because two bathtubs is so god damned silly.

Anyway, here's what I have to work with. any recommendations for how to "realize" the dramatic scifi toilet imagination zone?

ITEMS:

- beardless Riker figurine
- Odo figurine (~6")
- Keiko O'Brien Figurine
- several real meteorites (small)
- a bjd (ball-jointed doll) of a small cat made to look like a robot
- copies of many scifi classics, such as Caves of Steel
- some LEGO spaceship sets
- signed 8" by 10" picture of Ambassador Mollari
- signed 8" by 10" picture of G'Kar
- signed trading card of Gul Dukat
- signed trading card of Enabran Tain
- an original first edition copy of Spock zine "SPOCKANALIA"
- small metal Gort figurine
- glow in the dark stars and star stickers
- I'm probably also going to put my lizard in this room
- Kosh figurine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
do up a "methane breather" sign from Babylon 5 for the door

print and hang the ZERO GRAVITY TOILET INSTRUCTIONS from 2001: A Space Odyssey next to the toilet

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Blacklight starfield.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
good, good... none of these conflict yet...

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i think the pictures of mollari and g'kar should be at roughly eye level with someone sitting on the toilet

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
riker should be perched next to, but not in the bathtub. he's available, but he respects your privacy and boundaries

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Going to be very practical here and caution you to remember to water the traps in your guest bathroom, to ensure they don't run dry. Otherwise the sci-fi theme is gonna be "Resistance sewer hideout" eventually. And in these COVID times, also a way SARS has spread between apartments before.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i think the pictures of mollari and g'kar should be at roughly eye level with someone sitting on the toilet

:hmmyes:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
OP I can't help but notice you didn't list any Funko Pops

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
pick is far too refined and elegant to collect funko pops

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

OP I can't help but notice you didn't list any Funko Pops

terrible. no funko pops in my dream toilet

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

My dad had a tradition with the basement bathroom downstairs, which was his "office bathroom":

The US President would be at about eye level on the toilet's wall if you were facing the toilet to pee.
The US Vice President would be at about eye level if you were sitting on the toilet facing the other wall.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Maybe some model kits. I heard Bandai makes a good x-wing model kit that you can put together without glue (just need a cutter for the runners) although I haven't built it myself. They also make the Gundam model kits, which have a wide variety of options under $25 but are generally way overpriced on Amazon, and many of them are hard to find right now due to increased demand and difficulty with shipping. I don't think I've ever heard bad things about the Gundam: The Origin kits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHxixTJTGrk

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

wdarkk posted:

Maybe some model kits. I heard Bandai makes a good x-wing model kit that you can put together without glue (just need a cutter for the runners) although I haven't built it myself. They also make the Gundam model kits, which have a wide variety of options under $25 but are generally way overpriced on Amazon, and many of them are hard to find right now due to increased demand and difficulty with shipping. I don't think I've ever heard bad things about the Gundam: The Origin kits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHxixTJTGrk

Model kits are fun to put together and I usually get an evening out of the cheap ones or a several out of the pricier ones but they do absolutely nothing but collect dust and look out of place when I'm done with building them lol

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
If you aren't going to use it, use it as a trolling/setting the mood toilet. Get weird. OT3 but they are like ocelots or something. Erotic Kardashian with tails. A tasteful Ranma 1/2 wall scroll.

The possibilities are endless.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
make a big printout of that exo-slug-Dax/furry-Kira kissing scene and put it in a drawer or cabinet so that if someone goes snooping where they shouldn't be, they get a hilarious surprise

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Bootcha posted:

My dad had a tradition with the basement bathroom downstairs, which was his "office bathroom":

The US President would be at about eye level on the toilet's wall if you were facing the toilet to pee.
The US Vice President would be at about eye level if you were sitting on the toilet facing the other wall.

did he change out the pictures based on who was in office or did visitors get a face full of Spiro Agnew when they sat down?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

make a big printout of that exo-slug-Dax/furry-Kira kissing scene and put it in a drawer or cabinet so that if someone goes snooping where they shouldn't be, they get a hilarious surprise

gasp. i hadn't thought of booby traps or pranks :aaa:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
keiko goes next to any plants you may or may not keep in there. odo should go next to the lizard tank.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You gotta get a Janeway and Tom Paris to out near the lizard tank

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
You've got to have three seashells somewhere, surely

So long as you trust your guests not to attempt using them

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Bathroom lit by fourfive lights.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Foxfire_ posted:

Bathroom lit by fourfive lights.

A four-light track wired to a switch labeled "five lights".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
pick we need an update. what have you done