Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

they acknowledged they messed up with the most recent sgdq and were going to set things more reasonably, and overall this event has not had more incentives missed then typical gdqs have in the past,

i mean they had to extend that resident evil bonus game and at least a couple I'm guessing only squeaked by because that one anon person was dumping 5k at a time on em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

site posted:

i mean they had to extend that resident evil bonus game and at least a couple I'm guessing only squeaked by because that one anon person was dumping 5k at a time on em

you make some fair points

i imagine the slower donation rate is also messing things up, yesterday they were 300k below where they were at the same point in the last agdq.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
The last Terraria run at GDQ was a wonderful trainwreck so we'll see how this one goes

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Cernunnos posted:

The last Terraria run at GDQ was a wonderful trainwreck so we'll see how this one goes

Part of the must-watch-ness of that run was that the runner was incredibly charismatic so you felt really bad for him suffering all these ridiculous disasters, which is... Not quite the case for the current runner. Hopefully it's smooth!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cernunnos posted:

it was one of my favorite runs till it was later revealed that the runner was a rapist

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

it was one of my favorite runs till it was later revealed that the runner was a rapist

oh god, welp

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

well donations are flying right now so they may yet meet the dread incentive thankfully

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Poor Ed, he might be tilting here, you can see his face fall

rox
Sep 7, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

jesus christ

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Kestral posted:

Poor Ed, he might be tilting here, you can see his face fall

It's actually been pretty impressive that they keep bouncing back and forth between who has the lead. Races are fun but most of the time someone takes the lead and keeps it for most of the run, here it feels much more fluid.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

incentive met

believers winning again

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the racers congratulate each other for getting a really hard skip :3:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Bremen posted:

It's actually been pretty impressive that they keep bouncing back and forth between who has the lead. Races are fun but most of the time someone takes the lead and keeps it for most of the run, here it feels much more fluid.

yeah i know there's a lot of time left here but being within like 6sec of each other is pretty good

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I can't get over how good Metroid Dread looks. The Super Metroid aesthetic with smooth, modern animations.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Donnerberg posted:

I can't get over how good Metroid Dread looks. The Super Metroid aesthetic with smooth, modern animations.

How I wish Konami was looking and did some kind of modern 2D Castlevania...

It's great how these guys are so close to each other after half an hour.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
14k jesus

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

site posted:

14k jesus

that donation brought dksalfo to exactly 100k donated to this agdq

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Super nice message for them to wrap up their donations with.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

They were literally synced for Kraid again, this is so good

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

thinkin' about what games could show up at SGDQ

elden ring and wo long seem like obvious ones

pizza tower

some of the games that came out after the AGDQ cutoff like darktide and lunistice

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

that donation brought dksalfo to exactly 100k donated to this agdq

i hope someone on staff tracks this person down and sends them a thank you card lol

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

pizza tower

some of the games that came out after the AGDQ cutoff like darktide and lunistice

i mentioned it already but i want a callisto SGDQ run, it's such a loving hilarious game to see broken. you can legit bully the game's first boss encounter into falling off a ledge by just dodging around him a bit

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

when is balan wonderworld gonna be at a gdq event

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

when is balan wonderworld gonna be at a gdq event

it feels like prime awful block material, but i guess it depends on if they've found any actual movement tech etc. or if the entire run is literally just you lazily bumbling through the wonderworld nightmare

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Vermain posted:

it feels like prime awful block material, but i guess it depends on if they've found any actual movement tech etc. or if the entire run is literally just you lazily bumbling through the wonderworld nightmare

have a good 3d platformer before it leading into balan wonderworld as the first game in awful block, with a donation incentive to watch all the dances

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

pizza tower

While I’m not a fan, Sonic Frontiers is shaping up to be a wild speedrun. I mean Breath of the Wild + Sonic Jank made that a likely possibility.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Pentiment - speedtech to optimize dinner times

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i could see system purge at a gdq, it's not a game with a ton of tech but it is definitely optimizeable

the real question is will we have a Trombone Champ exhibition

you can't have silly games block without trombone champ i think

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The speed booster kill on this boss just blows my mind

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The 7th Guest posted:

the real question is will we have a Trombone Champ exhibition

you can't have silly games block without trombone champ i think

trombone skyze would be a massive massive hit at a gdq event so i endorse this

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
a bummer that mani has gotten more behind but ed's run is fluid as hell

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
i've ran trombone champ any% but the issue with it is that it's like an hour long and involves playing Taps like 50 times. trombone champ is funny but it's not "one hour" funny.

balan is a good run on its face and I could easily see that getting in with just a regular any% submission. there's goofy movement tech and silly strats that involve a heavy amount of barely playing the game normally

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The 7th Guest posted:

pizza tower

pokemon sv surely

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Oh for gently caress sake, really? I liked that run :eng99:. If people could stop, you know, raping each-other, that'd be awesome.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

i've ran trombone champ any% but the issue with it is that it's like an hour long and involves playing Taps like 50 times. trombone champ is funny but it's not "one hour" funny.

balan is a good run on its face and I could easily see that getting in with just a regular any% submission. there's goofy movement tech and silly strats that involve a heavy amount of barely playing the game normally
i was thinking trombone champ would be an exhibition to cover a lot of the fan made material

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
that was a great race

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ravus posted:

Oh for gently caress sake, really? I liked that run :eng99:. If people could stop, you know, raping each-other, that'd be awesome.

two different women came forward with accusations against him, this was when metoo still existed and some other speedrunners also got outed as sex pests at around the same time (witwix prolly being the most notable)

in the wake of that movement outing several speedrunners for being sex pests some other guys in the community did charity fundraisers for rainn so at least that was nice

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Wow, you don't say?

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Is running with speed available outside the loving US yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

jesus this is the longest prize segment ever