Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I also don't really get the supernova hate but I default to high card a lot where it is pretty busted and strictly better than green or the bus I think? Ive blown enough runs picking it up trying to focus on another hand to get why people think it's bad though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

My first (and so far only) Gold stake win was with a Joker.

My build was lame but it worked:

Abandoned Deck

Seltzer, Bloodstone, Oops! All Sixes (Perishable, ran out on my final hand), Even Steven, and Joker which was foil.

I think maybe one or more of those cards was also polychrome... but basically I was able to focus enough on hearts and even cards, along with all of the cards being triggered to get high enough mult to win - 5 heart flush with retriggering and bloodstone = 57x mult. With my mult taken care of, the foil on Joker was really valuable and I didn't come across a better card for chips.

I also accidentally got the "win in 12 rounds or less" because I knew one of my key jokers was perishable so I was skipping everything I could.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

It didn’t automatically update for me for whatever reason so I just had to go manually update it.

We good now

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Color Printer posted:

The game still hasn't given me the drat second interest voucher

come on man please

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Joker idea of the day

Neighbourly joker (uncommon $6)
+5 mult when scoring a card consecutive with last scoring card

Obviously a straight is exactly in its wheelhouse, but it's got slightly more utility than that. Full house 10s over 9s can also trigger it four times if you arrange the hand right, plenty of other hands can get one or two triggers off it. And it's not even so unbalanced to be strictly better than Crazy Joker on a straight; if you have some other reason (e.g. hanging chad, glass and multed cards) to want to play an irregular order for the hand you might have to trade off how many consecutive pairs you can form. Not gonna get you to e, but a mid range utility joker with a bit more going on than vanilla mult-on-hand-type.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Color Printer posted:

come on man please

Try Anaglyph deck, get a good econ going then use a bunch of the double tags on a voucher skip once you get the first interest voucher.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Kuros posted:

Try Anaglyph deck, get a good econ going then use a bunch of the double tags on a voucher skip once you get the first interest voucher.

it was the last thing I needed for my collection, got it working up to gold on that terrible deck where you start off with the first planet voucher (and other stuff)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Getting 80 cards in the deck is a lot harder than it looks because it apparently just runs out of them forever after 70

14 double tags, no mega pack (or negatives lol, anaglyph is a land of contrasts). Playing card voucher, still useless, saw 5 through ante 13, rolling over 100 times, no merchant vouchers to impact it lol

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm going to go with Merry Andy for worst joker. A negative Showman or The Idol might be a boost (a negative Showman gave me two Square Jokers that I went wild with) if you've got a full slate of jokers and need five discards you're doing something wrong and synergies with Banner/Delayed Gratification aren't worth multi-card combos.

Tonetta posted:

it's supernova. supernova's the worst. you will never, ever get a meaningful amount of multi out of it before the blinds scale well beyond its' reach. all the other jokers that require you to waste hands or discards to take advantage of them have effects that persist beyond their sale. it costs 3 more monies than just a flat 4 multi joker. it's a total noob trap joker

Speaking as someone who has 100%ed Balatro, clown rear end take.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Merry Andy's firmly Okay - if you're fishing for something specific it's fine. If you're not it's not. I'd take it over superposition

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

RBA Starblade posted:

Getting 80 cards in the deck is a lot harder than it looks because it apparently just runs out of them forever after 70

Just gotta get a good Hologram run going, I had a fun one last night

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Power of Pecota posted:

Just gotta get a good Hologram run going, I had a fun one last night

It showed up after I hit 70 lol

It was a very spiteful run

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

RBA Starblade posted:

14 double tags, no mega pack (or negatives lol, anaglyph is a land of contrasts). Playing card voucher, still useless, saw 5 through ante 13, rolling over 100 times, no merchant vouchers to impact it lol

It is much easier to wait for a time you get DNA and a Seal or and a Brainstorm/Blueprint and then maybe the voucher to add playing cards to your deck.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

RBA Starblade posted:

You want DNA and Certificate and maybe a Blueprint. Gets relatively easy with any 2 of those, plus standard packs and the voucher etc.

I wasn't even specifically trying for it when I got it, I was just creating as many 2s as possible for my Wee Joker and got it by accident.

E:

(Plasma deck so the chips were enough to get me through without needing mult).

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 18, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

That was a weird one.

This was even weirder, lol. Perkeo duplicated money tarots and I spent all the money on re-rolls to juice flash card. Meanwhile, Stuntman was canceled out by the Painted Deck intrinsic, so it was just a free 250 (+50 from foil) chips.

This has been every single blind.

This is why I hate Superposition.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 04:54 on May 18, 2024

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm going to go with Merry Andy for worst joker. A negative Showman or The Idol might be a boost (a negative Showman gave me two Square Jokers that I went wild with) if you've got a full slate of jokers and need five discards you're doing something wrong and synergies with Banner/Delayed Gratification aren't worth multi-card combos.

Speaking as someone who has 100%ed Balatro, clown rear end take.

My largest deck was 115. Had grabbed Blue and Holo. Hilarious run

Whistling Asshole
Nov 18, 2005
finally beat Jokerless after about 2 weeks of trying. so many heart breaking runs on the way there...lots of hitting either The Wall or Flint on Ante 8. the winning run was really fortunate because it gave me an Observatory voucher which I'd never gotten up to that point in my 160+ hours of playing and was much needed to beat the ante 8 wall

also it was pretty much a rule during that 2 week run that every single glass card would break on first use

Whistling Asshole fucked around with this message at 11:28 on May 18, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey if you're doing Ancient Joker + Photograph, does it make more sense to have the face card as early as possible or as late as possible?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

MJeff posted:

Hey if you're doing Ancient Joker + Photograph, does it make more sense to have the face card as early as possible or as late as possible?

If you have any +Mult that triggers off scoring cards, then late. If not, they're both xMults so it doesn't really matter.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

MJeff posted:

Late, unless if you also have Hanging Chad, then early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Oh right I forgot about retrigger effects. You definitely want that bad boy to go off as many times as possible