Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
No, it's because it's a Sydney medal/trophy, we've only had this matchup for like three years, seems like it's a regular fixture now as the Swans like our traveling fans attending.

We've had plenty of great indigenous players, Syd Jackson would be fitting given his name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I think a Freo player won it once, usually a Swan has, though.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
And to think I backed in the crom today

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

I hope Collingwood lose by a point in a prelim final this year

gently caress them and gently caress their fans

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Its tough but Rankin ran a full three lengths of grass after bouncing the ball there. Theyre either 8 or 10ms wide, not entirely sure, but 24+meters is too far any day.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
41 disposals from naicos and still only beat Adelaide by 4 points at the G 😬

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
cursed crom :(

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
What a dour Saturday night of football.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1791618989099212826

The Frankston player ended up in hospital, reported to have a broken cheekbone.

Intentional and severe. Gim him 8 weeks. Webster got 7, Parker deserves more for not learning from that. There is literally no reason for the bump. The ball had gone well past him, but he lined him up and left his feet to bump.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Windmill Hut posted:

I hope Collingwood lose by a point in a prelim final this year

gently caress them and gently caress their fans

Harsh but fair.

And even though he is not officially onvolved with the club anymore, i eould add gently caress Eddie McGuire

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

game bad

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Nutsngum posted:

Its tough but Rankin ran a full three lengths of grass after bouncing the ball there. Theyre either 8 or 10ms wide, not entirely sure, but 24+meters is too far any day.

Would be fair enough if they actually called it when it happens instead of plucking that out of nowhere.

You regularly see players run further and not get pinged, including a Crows player just a few minutes earlier.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Kicking 8.22 and winning. Woof

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Nutsngum posted:

Had this discussion on Bigfooty (I know, I know...) already, but the umpires never actually pay that based on distance. They always pay it based on steps. Rankine took 14 steps after bouncing. And it's not like he's got giant strides or anything. That run would happen a dozen times every weekend and it never gets paid.

Think about the dinky little kicks that are regularly paid as marks, that distance is apparently 15m in an umpire's mind. Then picture the dozens of times each match that somebody runs further than that.

It was a bad call, but almost certainly didn't cost the Crows the match, and frankly they were only within touch in the first place because Collingwood were extremely wasteful with the ball. Two woefully out-of-form teams playing unaccountable, unskilled footy.

The real tragedy out of that match is Rankine doing his hamstring in the final play of the match. He's been exceptional the last few weeks, a human highlight reel. The competition is lesser for not getting to watch him for a while.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

snoremac posted:

What a dour Saturday night of football.

The Ross Lyon Derby is a tight arm-wrestle, and the Tigers are getting walloped so

Could be worse!

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Saints Freo is some fuckin putrid football.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

lol richmond

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

masterpine posted:

Saints Freo is some fuckin putrid football.

Yeah it got real bad in the fourth quarter :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
God it is so loving good seeing Richmond getting smashed again. We can pretend those few years were all just a bad dream