Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

By popular demand posted:

They must be survivors of the Pumpkin-Sweet Potato conflict, it was terrible.

Ah, yes. That was a terrible battle in the historic Gourd-Rhizome Hyperwar. drat shame, that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

So much spilled puree and for what?! the U.S. oil interests were never even at risk!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
The Internet has been an incredibly mixed bag, but one area where I think it's had an undeniable net positive effect is information about food. Basically anyone can learn how to make a good version of anything now, if they want to, as long as they don't just totally suck at cooking.

Like pizza for example, growing up I feel like people outside the NY area may literally not have known that you actually have to use more than just any tomato sauce, any type of dough, and mozzarella cheese. Whereas now pretty much any place will get the basics right.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
thanks to the internet we have seen the horrors of brazilian pizza

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
big burg

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's still a little wild to me that during the run of the Simpsons we've gone from "sushi? Isn't that raw fish? :supaburn:" to there being literally more sushi joints in strip malls across the country than pizza places.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

is orange mould new? i dont think i've seen orange mould before

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Captain Hygiene posted:

Whenever old family recipes come up, I always think about how I grew up with my grandma's pumpkin pie being a big part of our Thanksgiving and Christmas meals every year. I baked it some years, and one time I couldn't find her old recipe card anywhere. I asked my mom what to do, and she just said "oh, it's the one printed on the back of the Libby's can" :negative:

Libby's pie recipe is legit.

Literally every single one of my family's Thanksgiving side dish recipes is from a package label, except the mashed potatoes. No one has ever complained.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
After all every recipe printed on a box was originally somebody's old family recipe (which they got from an even older box). Nobody knows what people ate before the invention of boxes, if anything

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

steinrokkan posted:

After all every recipe printed on a box was originally somebody's old family recipe (which they got from an even older box). Nobody knows what people ate before the invention of boxes, if anything

Mashed potatoes, presumably.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Tiggum posted:

Turnips. Potatoes didn't exist until Columbus invented them after discovering India.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

“The Gang Gets Colon Impactions”

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Tiggum posted:

not the irish

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Regular Wario posted:

is orange mould new? i dont think i've seen orange mould before

https://watermoldfire.net/what-is-orange-mold-and-is-it-dangerous/

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

SlothfulCobra posted:

You can't burn when boiling.

My daughter and the ruined bottom of our pasta pot a few years back would beg to differ.

Perhaps more accurate would be "if you burn while boiling, you aren't even trying to make anything edible".

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Where's that photo of someone who made lava in a pot

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I just got home from the supermarket with a lot of veggies that I made into a nice salad. I always go around 22:00 because the store is empty and the employees are relaxed.
I decided to make my favourite dressing: Olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, thyme, salt, pepper, and very finely chopped garlic. Lotta garlic.

To get a good emulsion you need a glass you put everything in, then shake it vigorously for a while. I made sure the lid was screwed on super tight. As I was shaking, the lid for some reason broke (?) off partially, the whole thing slipped from my hand, and soared through the air, spreading dressing all over my kitchen, before crashing down on the floor.

It's 23:30 now. That's the story of why I'm eating a boring salad with oil/vinegar dressing.

:(

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Slurp the dressing off the floor like a animal you piece of poo poo

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I'm on a strict no-glass-shards diet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa