Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Sniping is when you intend to make the first post on a page. If you make the first post on a page and you didn't intend to, it was just an accident - that isn't sniping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
And nobody cares. Apologizing for it makes you look like a tool.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
If you've ever thought about the big names who change the world and revolutionise everything you should also probably consider that if a bunch of nobodies didn't support and hold them up they'd mostly all be dead well before they could accomplish loving poo poo.

I believe it was Plato who said, "were it not for my dumb as poo poo brother the local bullies would have beaten me to death before I could learn the art of not making GBS threads my pants."

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Yeah, but it sounds better in the original Greek

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Opossums do not "play" dead, as in "pretend to be dead." The reaction is involuntary and in fact they do lose consciousness due to extreme fear and stress.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Quaternions are not hard to understand. i × j = -k while j × i = k, and so forth.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
To decimate something means to reduce it by 1/10th, not reduce it to 1/10th.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

"Ambivalent" does not mean impassive, uncaring, or apathetic. It means strong feelings in opposition.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Mass is how hard something resists a change in motion

Weight is dependent on the local gravity

IE in space a cannonball has no weight be is equally difficult to move

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

DickParasite posted:

To decimate something means to reduce it by 1/10th, not reduce it to 1/10th.

Actually it means to gently caress it all up now, you're welcome for the update.

ShredsYouSay posted:

Quaternions are not hard to understand. i × j = -k while j × i = k, and so forth.

I've literally never heard anyone get this wrong.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Me, but it's impossible to explain.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
The beer in beer can chicken doesn't actually do anything. The can props the chicken up in an interesting way, but not enough beer evaporates to have any effect on the chicken. The trivial amount of steam that is generated just goes out the neck anyway. There is no way for it to get into the meat.

So, drink your beer and spatchcock or truss your chicken instead. Or get one of those vertical roasting stands.

DrSolomonScratch
Jun 16, 2023

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Cows don't fart methane, they burp it.

Termites produce the most methane of any species, and there are several other insects and arthropods that produce more than cows.

Also Termites are commonly misbelieved to be in the same family as ants, but they're really in the same family as cockroaches.

An infestation of termites or cockroaches is referred to in extermination language as an "Intrusion"

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Anime is bad.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Das Boo posted:

Animation isn't a genre, it's a medium. You can tell literally any story with it. When you tell a story set in space it's at least baseline sci-fi, no choice.

i call them picture shows

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

it's called speculative fiction now

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
You can just use Google to find the answer to most any question you have

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

People think Quantum Mechanics is not relevant to their every day lives. However, quantum behavior is the basis for all solid physical matter, nothing in our world would exist without it.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Bula Vinaka posted:

Explaining that Frankenstein is the name of the doctor, not the creature, is extremely annoying. Also, the creature's creator was not a doctor, he was a medical student. (In Frankenstein: The True Story from 1973, the creature is asked his name at one point and responds, "I am Leviathan, for I am many", which he overheard being read from the bible. Pretty cool!)

Legion, not Leviathan, right?

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
It's not a "hobby", mom, it's my career. I have a Masters Degree for gently caress's sake.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The Management posted:

.. Also, nauseated is when you feel sick. nauseous means you make other people sick.

Incorrect, OP.

Adjective: nauseous
1. Causing or able to cause nausea.
2. Feeling nausea; feeling about to vomit.

Source: WordWeb dictionary.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Orphan used to mean someone lost a parent, not both. Hence things like this:

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Orphan used to mean someone lost a parent, not both. Hence things like this:

That's because women didn't count as people OP

Viking Blood
Jun 17, 2005

The hammer of the Gods will drive our riffs to new lands
It is not the actual phone that is smart

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Broccoli is very good, actually

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
It’s not just the cooking method, Brussels sprouts are literally different now than when you had them as a kid.

Viking Blood
Jun 17, 2005

The hammer of the Gods will drive our riffs to new lands

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

It’s not just the cooking method, Brussels sprouts are literally different now than when you had them as a kid.

We used to call them midget cabbage when we were kids

May 5, 2024

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:20 on May 8, 2024

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Piss isn’t really stored in the balls.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
scottish

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
The reason you can't put your hand through a table isn't because of magnetic repulsion of electrons, or the Pauli exclusion principle. The table just doesn't like you.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
penultimate is not the last thing before something. It is the thing before the last thing before something.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

co-pilots are not called co-pilots they are called first officers and they are not assistants to the captain they are fully qualified pilots and the only difference between the captain and the first officer are their hire dates.

also "flying commercial" does not mean flying on or for an airline it means any flying done for compensation or hire. so any time a pilot is paid to fly an airplane they are a "commercial" pilot

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Wind turbines don't work that way! In fact, they don't do anything at all. They're just for decoration, like obelisks.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Buttchocks posted:

Wind turbines don't work that way! In fact, they don't do anything at all. They're just for decoration, like obelisks.

Obelisks aren't just for decoration, and their true function is as sinister as it is mysterious.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The "immaculate conception" doesn't refer to conception of Jesus, but rather to skillful technique me and the OP's mom used when conceiving their little brother.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
100% humidity means that the air is saturated with as much water as it can hold and not 100% underwater

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
You don't actually have to poo poo your own pants to post in GBS

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

AvesPKS posted:

Legion, not Leviathan, right?

Oh poo poo you might be right. :\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bula Vinaka