Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Resident Evil is on brand for the stupid names Capcom comes up with for their games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

homeless snail posted:

I just looked it up because all this poo poo is public. nintendo has filed 44 dmcas to github in the history of the website, I think like, 2 or 3 have anything to do with yuzu. you dont need to file 8500 dmcas to take down 8500 forks of yuzu because theyre all linked, its literally one button for github to delete all of them!!! clickbait

Soon you'll be telling me I'll need to make a PSN account to play Helldivers

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I said come in! posted:

Resident Evil is on brand for the stupid names Capcom comes up with for their games.

only the devil may cry about that

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...

I said come in! posted:

Mom bought me this game called Rockman and the main guy wasn't even a rock.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
More indies for indie month!

The Land Beneath Us - Releases May 13th - Past me did a good enough job of summarizing this one for a previous NextFest:

Jossar posted:

It's for the best if you ignore the plot of The Land Beneath Us and just accept it as a vehicle for this really cool turn-based dungeon crawler roguelite. The primary gimmick here is that each individual arrow key plugs into its own weapon so by attacking enemies from different cardinal directions, you're attacking them with different weapons. I also saw something about being able to unlock abilities triggered by doing Dance Dance Revolution style inputs, which you have to do as part of your natural combat flow. While there are additional passive upgrades to help improve the effectiveness of your kit, this is pretty much most of the game in a nutshell. Was really surprised by this one and keeping it around to play for later.

Realm of Ink - Enters Early Access May 17th - I know that I say a lot of games are Hades-likes, but this one really is just Bootleg Chinese Hades with a pet upgrade system and equipment upgrades instead of Boons. Kind of hard to recommend this when Hades II is just around the corner, unless you REALLY can't wait a few weeks or want the aesthetics and setting of Chinese mythology instead of Greek mythology. But I can imagine enough people for whom that's true that it's worth spreading awareness that Realm of Ink exists.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 04:23 on May 4, 2024

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

the intro saying RESIDENT EVIL sounds way better than BIO HAZARD

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

AlphaKeny1 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ZegmPOlIk

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Very excited for Residint Exil

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

AlphaKeny1 posted:

anything sounds cool if it's in a foreign language
your mistake was learning to speak english

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
"resident evil" yeah that's right up there with Shin Megami Tensai

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Vermain posted:

i believe it was copyrighted by the band Biohazard, so they held an in-office poll to determine a new title and "resident evil" won out. it's a nice twist of fate considering how much more memorable of a title it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK-zgNU6UJ0

Yeah this is iconic, I dunno if "BIOHAZARD" works the same way

efb

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

anything sounds cool if it's in a foreign language
your mistake was learning to speak english

the japanese word for biohazard is biohazard......

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
whats the english word for samurai

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Hwurmp posted:

the gamers are revolting

You said it, they stink on ice.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

whats the english word for samurai

"japanese cop"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition rated by ESRB

Feelin like there's gonna be a Direct soon.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

nes remix is back

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He has the same name as my mum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Does your Mum have the same abs?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not anymore

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF4:

gently caress the Magnetic Cave.

That is all.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Maneater was a fun game that was exactly as long as it could ever hope to be lol if you think Im playing that DLC.

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL5qqJ3STHM

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Barudak posted:

Maneater was a fun game that was exactly as long as it could ever hope to be lol if you think Im playing that DLC.

I need to finish Maneater. What I played was fun, though.

It's May the Fourth so I'm playing Jedi Survivor. It's pretty good so far, I'm hoping it will prepare me for Bloodborne because I am BAD AT VIDEOGAMES. I haven't played any soulslikes since Demon's Souls in '10 and the tutorial boss of Armored Core 6 bodied me 7 times in a row before I decided to do something else with my time, so maybe this will help me get back into the soulslike rhythm.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lmao a known leaker posted a picture of the World Championship cartridge a few days ago as a reference to this probably, and people thought it was Switch 2 because the cartridge has switches on it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So have people finally given up on the Switch Pro?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Thats the name of the Switch 2

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
the original switch has always been the Switch Amateur

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

You can only see so many fake rumors for so long before you start to just realize you gotta wait patiently for Nintendo to finally announce something.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They have nothing to announce. Switch will last five more years

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

hatty posted:

They have nothing to announce. Switch will last five more years

That's right. The Switch 1 and Switch 2 will be in production at the same time, and rumor has it that Nintendo is planning on the final game for Switch 1 will be Wario's Woods 2. Hats of to you, Nintendo!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am guessing based on absolutely nothing, that Nintendo's next console will be out this fall / early next year.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Helldivers having a normal one

Edit:

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 4, 2024

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
helldivers are the people who run in the discords right now

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

having to enter the same username and password I use everywhere, but on a site with a different logo on it, one time? that's literally murdering me.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I can't believe Sony is a murder.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
It's very funny that Sony posted that requirement, which is impossible to meet in such tiny obscure countries as Egypt and Latvia, and then hosed off for the weekend

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Arrowhead have flatout stated the requirements come from Sony themselves and not the studio.

They've also stated that the review bombing is 'helping' the situation, as it gives them something concrete to use to push back on Sony.

Should be interesting to see how it all shakes out, cause this feels like Sony poisoning the golden goose atm

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Muscle Tracer posted:

having to enter the same username and password I use everywhere, but on a site with a different logo on it, one time? that's literally murdering me.

Eh, I get their logic. They're saying "if this behavior was used in a different context, would it still be considered acceptable?". Normalizing unacceptable behavior is a dangerous thing that affects everyone everyday. ("What Remains of Edith Finch" is a good videogame narrative on this) Maybe I'm giving the poster too much credit but I get why it would seem important to them. And the upsetting bit has nothing to do with videogames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
seems like Sony caught a glimpse of the mythical Good Live Service Game and greed got the better of them