Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

huge W for KPIs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Okay now it’s turning into a real blunder. An actual debacle. A fiasco even

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Eh, I'm gonna stick with my "everybody's gonna be ok" prediction.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

hatty posted:

Okay now it’s turning into a real blunder. An actual debacle. A fiasco even

They really dove into hell this time.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It's impressive that Sony stumbled assbackwards into the biggest surprise success story of a year where they, by their own admission, would not be releasing any big games, and in the span of a day fumbled the bag as hard as they possibly could

Lavatein
May 5, 2009
Comparisons to Rosa Parks and such are obviously idiotic but passive acceptance of encroachment from businesses has led us to the modern day tech oligarchy and all the problems that encompasses.

Any resistance to corporate overreach, no matter how minor or silly it may seem, should be supported and celebrated :hai:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF4: So when I last checked in our plucky band of heroes, misfits and war criminals had made their way to Troia. Well, it turns out that that goober Edward is still about but he's laid up with an owie so all he can do is give us his keytar. The rest of the band heads over to a dungeon so lovely they all cope by developing a potion drinking problem until they get to the end and reach some dark elf dude who creams them so bad the day has to be saved by Edward Sheeran. He plays his hit single Perfect, a song so awful the dark elf is left writhing in the pain allowing everyone else to beat him around the head. With the crystal saved Cecil returns to Troia as a hero where he... immediately steals the crystal for himself so he can trade it for his body pillow waifu, meaning he maintains his 100% success rate of completing Golbez's plans for him. We leave off with Cecil and the Yang Gang infiltrating Golbez's lair while Edward is left in Troia where he will presumably be ploughing groupies for the rest of his days.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

the gamers have risen up

big corpos beware, were coming after you

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
bloody corpos . . .

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Still playing 30XX since I got a tip from games rec thread.

This is the 2nd roguelike after Into the Breach that really got addicted to. The core gameplay is practically perfect and all the powers + augs you get create really satisfying gameplay loop.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Dark Souls chat: I beat DSR on Friday :toot: The only boss I skipped was Priscilla. Man-Serpent Greatsword and judicious use of Havel's armor carried me through the end game. Gwyn was bodied by circling left. It was hilarious to return to the Asylum Demon on NG+ and wipe out 95% of his health bar in one plunge.

I'm planning to tackle Hellblade I before starting on DS2. Last time I tried Hellblade I got a game-breaking bug where the game just stopped rendering after a cutscene, so fingers crossed switching from the GOG version to the Steam version fixes the issue.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

its down to 17% lol

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

turns out maybe pulling out of 170 countries overnight might result in some mild pushback

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
most of those negative reviews are from american teens who don't even know what estonia is, they just don't like the account system

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Estonia is that place the green LocoRoco sang about

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why doesn’t Estonia have access to psn?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Jay Rust posted:

don't know how canada made it in!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Does MS sell minecraft in areas without XBL?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

cumpantry posted:

turns out maybe pulling out of 170 countries overnight might result in some mild pushback

It's super neat!

I requested a refund well see what steam says (they might balk at me since I stopped playing weeks ago)

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Sony needs to stop making dumb decisions and put Venom and the Spider verse movies back in theatres after the live action films.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

mutata posted:

Eh, I'm gonna stick with my "everybody's gonna be ok" prediction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TRdx2tbUFI

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

its down to 17% lol

It's funny as gently caress that they basically hosed this all up for Arrowhead over a single weekend.

The announcement was Friday :lol:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Minecraft is sold everywhere because it counts as educational infrastructure.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I dunno it seems easy to just force PSN in countries that have it and leave it optional im countries that dont and sell the game everywhere but im not a CEO

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

most of those negative reviews are from american teens who don't even know what estonia is, they just don't like the account system

they're allies

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Gaius Marius posted:

and the Spider verse movie

the shot of miles falling onto the city on the big screen was cool as

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

*nods solemnly* Grotenteels Negatief.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

They know why :mad:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

It's funny as gently caress that they basically hosed this all up for Arrowhead over a single weekend.

The announcement was Friday :lol:

Sony literally announced this and then went home for the weekend right afterwards lmao. Someone was like "okay before I leave the office for the weekend to spend time with my family, just gotta do one more thing on the Helldivers 2 social media accounts..."

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

I said come in! posted:

Sony literally announced this and then went home for the weekend right afterwards lmao. Someone was like "okay before I leave the office for the weekend to spend time with my family, just gotta do one more thing on the Helldivers 2 social media accounts..."

making hard calls like that is why they earn the big bucks and we're just some schlubs 😓

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

wizard2 posted:

making hard calls like that is why they earn the big bucks and we're just some schlubs 😓

Truer words have never been spoken.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

lets hang out posted:

don't know how canada made it in!

This is such a good map

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

lastpass getting breached really did a number on people's confidence in these things huh lol

i use keepass, it's offline and open source so that should minimize concerns

e:fb!!@!@!
I used to use keepass a long long time ago, but Mac support was awful. I have no idea what it's like these days, especially wrt mobile support.

I ended up paying for 1Password personally and blessedly we use it at my company. I think it's a Very Good product and worth paying for. It seems to be extremely secure and reliable, has not been breached (yet?), but it also does the basic things like nice UI design and functionality really well.

Point is, I always loving hated Lastpass and never understood why it seemed popular. It was buggy as poo poo in a corporate environment.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A properly designed password manager stores its passwords in an encrypted database that can only be opened with a dedicated password itself. And that password never gets uploaded anywhere so even if the company is hacked the attackers don’t necessarily get every password of every user

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I just act like a videogame NPC: I keep my passwords written down in a notebook on my desk. Can't hack paper! But if some stealth protagonist got into my room it'd be trivial for them to get access to my steam account or whatever.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Infinity Gaia posted:

I just act like a videogame NPC: I keep my passwords written down in a notebook on my desk. Can't hack paper! But if some stealth protagonist got into my room it'd be trivial for them to get access to my steam account or whatever.

I too, love to write notes detailing the locations of hidden gems and my vulnerable weakpoints, then scatter them around the house for an RPG character to discover

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I keep my valuables safe with one of those old school tower of hanoi puzzles they make you do once a bioware game

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

if i'm lucky a protagonist will only find my dusty skeleton sitting in my computer chair next to some notes about various tekken characters' movelists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
At least try to die in a funny position so the environmental storytelling will amuse a future explorer.