Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

NINJER
11. Mentor's Blessing - Lower the DC to Brawl by 2
Bruises: 1

Ninjer circled the bar, itching for a fight, and also just itching about the face and shoulders where he'd been drubbed. He spied a likely drunkard, bumping the man and allowing a drink to spill down his front.

"Hmm! You'll regret this!"

BRAWL: 1d20 8 +1 Bruise
Bruise: 1d20 5

"Yes, well, regret was had. Oh, indeed." He picked himself up and flounced away, trailing by his sycophants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

Companions: :madmax: :catholic: :hist101:
Cash: 0
Bruises: 3
Injured!

"Well, that was a bad scene. Time to earn our fortune and fame with honest murder of wildlife instead!"

Find a monster [1d20]=14
What monster? [1d20]=11
Punch that monster [1d20+2]=10+2=12

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
~ UPDATE ~

---------Tavern--------

Betty: "Hey y'all! Sylvestre has called out Hunkhard - I mean Thunkhard for a drinking contest!"

Gilligan: "For god's sake."

Betty: "Come one, come all! See the battle of the ages! Watch those glistening abs-"

Gilligan: "Listen, here's a flight. Just get the whole thing away from me."

A crowd begins forming around Sylvester's table and good-natured catcalls and jibes start getting flung in Lug's direction.

Marcel's eyebrow wiggles: "My Venerable Monsieur, your Liver and Onions, as requested. With..." *sigh* "With extra horseradish sauce on zee side."

The Geezer earns a new Skill through Brawling - "Experienced"

Lug Thunkhard and Saikrit Baus gain a companion.

Sylvestre Strikes out Flirting! Next time!

--------Questing--------

Stabdee - The Temple of Mazes - 9/109

Despite the Goblins' thinning of Stabdee's ranks, her personal brutality and precision has the pack of them on the back foot almost immediately. They rally for a desperate charge...

Goblins
HP: 5/15
Damage Range: 1-11
Special: On a roll on the die between 1-5 - a Goblin Appears!

Hawkins - The Tenebrous Tenement - 20/100

Hawkins' sensible, careworn, experienced treatment of the dungeon kept everyone cool and confident as they slowly picked their way through the dark halls. Occasionally, there was a rustling of some great beast or other, but they hid and let the thing pass them by. No sense sticking your neck out if you didn't need to.

Lacrimissa Skrunk - Monster Hunting

Lacrimissa and her companions fan out into the wild grasslands, searching for quick and easy prey. What they find instead is a massive, grazing Giant Elk, hovering protectively near a herd of normal Elk. Sensing their approach, the Giant Elk turns to face them!

Giant Elk
HP: 15
Damage Range: 1-9
Special: Giant Elk Charges if you roll a 4, 8, or 12 on the die. Roll a DC 12 check or take 1 Death Penalty!

We'll resolve your attack next update.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019

Combat - Temple Of Mazes
Attack Roll = 13

Though those pesky goblins gave her the runaround still and were now doing a desperate charge, they couldn't evade Stabdee's furious dagger for long, and she caught up to them. Soon, each and every one of them were laid upon the floor, bleeding from their quadruple-stabbed hearts, their blood staining her hands. Her companions gave her a respectable distance to cool off as she cursed at the dead bodies, until she finally calmed down, whirling around to look at the other two of her party, marching towards them with dagger in hand.

"Well! Things are so much better when you're able to stab the things that annoy you, wouldn't you agree? No need to put up with monsters and idiots.. The world is much better off when you can stab those two things." She gave her companions a wicked grin as she stared them both in the eye, the Warrior and the Wizard both urgently nodding their heads in agreement. Stabdee gave another toothy smile, licking goblin blood off her hand as she turned about to continue forward.

"Zesty. Now let's get moving along, I hate this place already."

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 3, 2024

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Coins: 0
Bruises: 0
Companions: 1
Maps: 1 (Tomegarden of Arkay the Vile)

"Hey! You there, Mr. Ninjer! My new apprentice needs training, do you mind if he mindlessly swipes at you whilst walking ten steps east and then ten steps west forever?"

Act: Challenging Ninjer to a Contest of Endurance! Who can take a beating the longest?!

Endurance Contest: 1d20 12

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

[1>0>3 Coins][1 Companion(s)]

[freeAction][1C>0C]Buy Drink + Flirt: 1d20 12
[Action][0C>3C]Work The Land: 1d4 3

Today the Geezer just hummed and enjoyed their soup. Even they took days off.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Skills: Good Looking (-2 DC Flirt)
Coins: 1 -> 0
Drinks: 2
Companions: +

What's this? A drinking contest? Free drinks on the house? Lug happily accepted this friendly contest of will and liver.

"I'll take you on Sylv, no sweat! Can't believe it's on the house, even! I'm gonna drink like a horse!"

Action: Contest w/Sylvestre: 1d20 3
freeAction: Buy a drink and flirt (-1 coin): 1d20 4

Of course, as it turned out, no-one had ever offered Lug enough booze to get proper drunk before and when the portions were sized (for fairness' sake, or so it was insisted - oddly by both parties) well... the Thunkhard line lived up to its name once again!

*THUNK*

His companions looked a little disappointed as the giant farmhand's head hit the table and saw-like snoring began only about three stiff potato liquors in, but even drooling he was still a sight, so they laughed it off and continued their own conversation. Meanwhile a third woman shook her head sadly and helped herself to Lug's purse. Score! Just enough for a drink.

Scribbleykins fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 3, 2024

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Companions:

"Fortunately, it seems there’s no nasties in attendance of this section.”

Dungeon Exploration: The Tenebrous Tenement

Take 10 to tenderize 10% of the Tenebrous Tenement. 70 to go.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Sylvestre
Townsfolk
Coins: 3
code:
Work the Land- 1 Action - Gain 1d4 coins while at the Tavern
Experienced- Take 2 Actions/Turn while Questing - Not available in the Tavern.
"Y...ya...yah! I dddiiiiiidd eh! I I i'm cham ppeeeee yun!"

Sylvestre immediately fell over. Unfortunately, a cute Antelady had her nose right in front of Sylvestre's beak path as it arced towards the floor.

Fortunately, she was kind of into that kind of thing.

Be Every Antelady's Keeper technique (flirt): 1d20+1 10

When her girlfriend did it, not some rando drunk

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Mr. Tower
Townsfolk
Coins: 3 -> 4

"Hello Customer! Before you enter the tavern and buy a beer, why not try one of Mr. Tower's delicious lemonades instead? It's much nicer than alcohol!"

Work The Land: 1d4 1

("C'mon, Al. We've only sold one cup! We can't be out of lemonade already!?")
("... I drank it all, Jimmy.")

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

NINJER
19. Water Gun Flower - Give Disadvantage to your Opponent in a Contest. Notify the Opponent. Spoiler this skill.
Bruises: 2

Ninjer found a man, falling down drunk, and kicked him to the ground.
BRAWL: 1d20 19
Gain Skill: 1d20 19

"Let that be a lesson to you, to steer clear of your betters, heh."

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

"Hey! You there, Mr. Ninjer! My new apprentice needs training, do you mind if he mindlessly swipes at you whilst walking ten steps east and then ten steps west forever?"
Endurance Contest: 1d20 12
Ninjer's eyes widened, then narrowed to painful slits.
"You'll regret your temerity."
Endurance Contest: 1d20 5
"Yes, well. Watch this."
Secret Jutsu...

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
~ UPDATE ~

---------Tavern--------

Betty kept the competition lively as she fed the contestants Sylvestre and Lug their drinks. As the Tavern looked on with rapt attention, Lug finally rolled over onto the floor like a loose sack of potatoes. As the assembly hooted and hollered with laughter and jeers, they barely noticed Sylvester's faux pas as he passed out himself. Everyone's opinions of Sylvestre shot up, and he would surely find himself with some cronies sooner or later.

No sooner had on Contest ended, though, when another ruckus broke out.

Betty: "Well, now, I do declare, it's a double feature folks! Gather 'round, Saikrit Baus has called out Ninjer!"

Gilligan: "Well, at least they're just beating each other to a pulp this time."

Betty: "One's already looking kinda pulp-y, to be honest."

Gilligan: "I'm sure it builds character or something."

The crowd shuffled obligingly over to the new pair of contestants, .

Sylvestre wins a Contest with Lug! He gains +1 to action rolls. Lug takes -1 to action rolls.

Saikrit Baus calls out Ninjer for a Contest! But Ninjer uses a new skill which may affect the results...

Ninjer earns a new Spoilered Skill through Brawling

The Geezer, Lug Thunkhard, and Sylvestre Strike out Flirting! Next time!

--------Questing--------

Stabdee - The Temple of Mazes - 9/109

Goblins Defeated! Roll to continue dungeon.

The Temple of Mazes was a pain to navigate. Dead ends multiplied, and everything looked familiar and alien at the same time. The Wizard confirmed that it appeared some of the hedges were shifting behind them, forging new forks in the path that they had already passed. At least they had the sun to refer to, as each turn in the Maze led them deeper into it...

Hawkins - The Tenebrous Tenement - 30/100

Hawkins' leadership through the Tenebrous Tenement continued its trend of careful confidence. There was an eerie stillness to the shaded corridors now, and a pressure, like the feeling of a muggy summer's day on the threatening edge of a thunderstorm.

"I'm sweating like it's moulting day. When will we find this thing?"

"Patience. It's like finding a needle in a haystack. You can throw yourself into the hay in the hopes of getting stuck with the needle, or you can methodically sort through the hay it until it is found."

"Yeah, but then it's always in the last place you look."

Lacrimissa Skrunk - Monster Hunting

Understanding that you have to quickly show a wild beast who is boss, Lacrimissa gave the Giant Elk a firm cuff to the face. The Giant Elk reared back, snorting its disapproval at finding a worthy foe.

Giant Elk
HP: 3/15
Damage Range: 1-9
Special: Giant Elk Charges if you roll a 4, 8, or 12 on the die. Roll a DC 12 check or take 1 Death Penalty!

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Actions: -1 (contest penalty)
Coins: 0 -> 2 -> 0
Drinks: 2 -> 3

Lug's extra-strength hangover was no help in getting his head into the duck-rowing game, so he kept at helping his dad on the farm. In the evening he went back for some hair of the dog, spending the time with his new friends in the Vagrant.

Weirdly though, his money pouch kept going missing.

Action: Work The Land: 1d4 2
freeAction: Buy a drink (-1 coin) Drinks roll vs 6: 1d20 14 (forgot the -1, it's 13)
freeAction: Buy someone a drink and Flirt (-1 coin) Buy a drink and flirt: 1d20-1 9 Buy a drink and flirt: 1d20-1 8

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019

Companions: 2
Exploration - Temple of Mazes 1d20+2 = 18

"I wonder who takes care of all of these hedges? I pity the poor bastard who does. Or maybe they're sentient and that's why they're shifting around us. Hey, hedges! Can you let us through? "
"Th-they're probably not sentient. That's absurd, I'd totally know. Perhaps the goblins helped take care of the hedges. And we just recently killed them, so.."
"Oh. Well, it's not like anybody else is going to visit. ..Are you listening to us, hedges?"

Stabdee grumbled as the Warrior and the Wizard chatted about hedges this, hedges that, gripping the dagger tight in her hand while they prattled on. They hadn't run into any further distractions yet, at least. Seriously, sentient hedges, what would those blockheads think of next? Hmm.

"If the bloody hedges are sentient, they can die, right?"

The Wizard and the Warrior went quiet at Stabdee's question, and the party lapsed into thoughtful silence as they walked on.

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 17:14 on May 6, 2024

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Sylvestre
Townsfolk
Coins: 3 -> 2
Companions: :parrot: :derptiel:
code:
Oooookay. Oooookay. Sylvestre is a hero now. Sylvestre won! Sylvestre.... is still a drunk good for nothing bird who keeps hitting people on accident. He'll just sit here and hope someone wants to talk. Heck, why not just put a coin on the table for whoever comes over to buy a drunk with while at it?

Buy drink and... Flirt?: 1d20+1 20
Flirt again: 1d20+1 (left off) 21

Companions get!

Oh, so as long as Sylvestre shuts up and looks pretty the ladies and gents of the tavern will like him. Peacocking for money could be a worse fate...

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Companions: :madmax: :catholic: :rip:
Cash: 0 > 6
Injured!

"Note to future band members: don't stand around gormlessly in front of pointy bits."

Finish off the monster [1d20+2]=2+2=4

Loot [1d10]=1

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 6, 2024

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
~Interstitial Competition Update~

The results of Ninjer's skill has come in and Betty finds Saikrit Baus the winner.

Saikrit Baus has won the Contest and gained a +1 to Action rolls. Ninjer has taken a -1 to action rolls.

A reminder to those who lost their respective contests that it's possible to heal a negative effect by purchasing a Blessing. (3 Coins)

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Companions:

"Is it me, or is there an eerie stillness to the shaded corridors now, and a pressure, like the feeling of a muggy summer's day on the threatening edge of a thunderstorm?”

Take 10 to tenderize 10% of the Tenebrous Tenement. 60 to go.

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
~Rules Update~

In the interest of creating a more favourable outcome for both Monster Hunting and Dungeon Exploration, the following changes have been made to the treasure rewards for each:

Monster Hunting: Pays out 5 Coins +1d10/Monster Coins

Dungeon Exploration: Pays out 10 Coins + 2d6 + 1d6/Companion + 2d6/Monster Coins

Additionally, Treasure Maps will now adjust Dungeon Treasure as follows:

When Exploring Dungeons, the Treasure will be: 20 Coins + 2d6 + 2d6/Companion + 2d6/Monster Coins

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

NINJER
19. Water Gun Flower - Give Disadvantage to your Opponent in a Contest. Notify the Opponent. Spoiler this skill.
Bruises: 2

Ninjer reclined in a corner, imperious, as his attendants brushed away the blood that had somehow accumulated on his face and body and arms and eyes. He narrowed one such eye at a passerby who looked at him for too long, springing to his feet and drawing his blade.
Brawl: 1d20-1 8
Bruise: 1d20 9

"Aheh, oh, ouch. Ahem. Gomenasai, I thought you were somebody else."

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

[3>2>0 Coins][1 Companion(s)]

[freeAction][3C>2C]Buy Drink + Flirt: 1d20 11
[freeAction][2C>0C][Buy Meal]
[Action]Enter Brawl (Advantage): 2#1d20 19 14
New Skill?: 1d20 11

Sometimes people would ask if the Geezer was a retired adventurer of yore, some forgotten hero well into retirement, still bludgeoning hooligans.
They aren't.
The Geezer is just really, really good at bonking people.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Bruises: 0

My, but fisticuffs are exhilarating! At least when you have loyal minions to do it for you. Ahah. Ha.

Mr. Skel Ington! To armes!

Brawl: 1d20+1 = 15 Failure!
+1 Bruise!
Injured?: 1d20 18 success! no injuries!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Mr. Tower
Townsfolk
Coins: 4 -> 0 -> ?

("Jimmy! That's all our money!")
("Relax, Christopher. Al knows what he's doing. Right, Al?")
("I can't see my hands, Jimmy!")

"OK, Tavern patrons, let's play Find the Lady! Three cards, one's a lady, the other two ain't. I got four coins that say you can't find the lady, are you calling my coins liars?"

Gamble!: 1d20 9 padding padding padding the spoiler box

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
~ UPDATE ~

---------Tavern--------

Friar Paunch: "Marcel? Marcel!"

Marcel: "Ah, yes, my good Friar?"

Friar Paunch: "Another plate of the spinach puffs. They are delectable. And three rashers of bacon if you please."

Marcel: "But of course."

Friar Paunch: "And, Marcel, do you know anything about that young man? The one who got clothes-lined alongside Saikrit?"

Marcel, disapprovingly: "Ah, his name, I think, is Ninjer. He has not partaken of my food. He is one of these paupers from the inner lands."

Friar Paunch: "Quite a few of them showing up. Let us hope that they will find their feet soon. I foresee many more rashers of bacon in my future."

: Ho ho ho ho/Hon hon hon hon

Mr. Tower leans over a table and places 4 Coins in its centre. Betty pulls up a few chairs to the table in preparation of some new sport.

Betty: "Looks like we've got a game about to start folks! Come on up and try your luck!"

Note: Since a number of players hasn't been specified, any number of people can jump in on this bet this turn and the Gamble action will resolve. If there are no takers this turn, the bet will be an open bet waiting for 1 other gambler to participate, going forward.

Marcel: "Ah, monsieur. You are a very talented man! Your soup. Bon Appétite!"

The Geezer earns another Skill through Brawling - "Mentor's Blessing"

Gilligan: "Be cool man. Don't freak out, but you have two birds on your tail."

Gilligan breaks out the good ale for Sylvestre as he does his victory lap.

Sylvestre gains two companions while Flirting! Mister popular over here!

Lug Thunkhard Strikes out Flirting. Next time!

--------Questing--------

Stabdee - The Temple of Mazes - 27/109 - Monsters defeated: 1

They came to a clearing where the path between the hedges split radially in seven directions, not including where they had just come from, and the Wizard found a riddle stone that looked like it might shed some light on the direction they should be going. The party had a brief respite while he translated and puzzled over it.

Hawkins - The Tenebrous Tenement - 40/100

Hawkins' companions look at each other as he asks his question.

"Yeah. That describes it, like, really precisely. Wow."

"Didn't I say the man's eloquent? He's eloquent."

Nodding "Very perceptive."

Lacrimissa Skrunk - Monster Hunting Completed!

As the Giant Elk bucked and let loose a final call of rage and pain, a stray hoof connected with one of Lacrimissa's bandmates and that was all she wrote for them.

Giant Elk Defeated

Dragging the carcass back to town, Lacrimissa was greeted at its edge by a figure, hooded and robed. A creeping horror seemed to emit from the being, and as it turned - Oh! It's just Guy Ducoin. Never mind.

Guy: "Greetings. I see you have defeated one of the Monsters of these plains. Well done. I'll just take that off your hands...here are some coins for your troubles..."

Seemingly without effort, Guy grabs one of the horns of the Giant Elk and drags it away. Lacrimissa and her allies return to the Tavern!

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019

Companions - 2
Exploration - Temple of Mazes 1d20+2 = 12

Stabdee and the Warrior sat together in shared silence against a hedge as the Wizard puzzled over the riddle stone. The party leader was carefully sharpening her trusty dagger, and the Warrior huddled up nearby, slightly nervous in her presence. It was a bit awkward. Eventually, the Warrior spoke up.

"..Think we'll get to the end soon? There's an awful lot of mazes around here. Say, after this, I think we should throw a party, buy a round for everyone. We'll tell stories, flaunt our adventuring fame, get rowdy! I bet I'll really impress people with my skills. We'd be local heroes! Wouldn't you like that, bein' actual heroes? Our lives would be grand."

The Warrior went silent when they noticed Stabdee just staring at them, completely taciturn and uninterested, silently sharpening her blade. The two of them descended into awkward silence again, only broken up when the Wizard figured out the right path, and called for rest of the party to join them again. They moved on once more.

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 7, 2024

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Companions:

"In any case, I’d guess we’re about halfway done, making excellent progress. Be careful, though: monsters can really slow you down.”

Take 10 to tenderize 10% of the Tenebrous Tenement. 50 to go.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Sylvestre
Townsfolk
Coins: 2 > 3
Companions: :parrot: :derptiel:
code:
Sylvestre and his new lady friends, Sweety Purd and Maisy Pluck, stopped over at the tall man's table on their way out. They wanted to join in but once the ante was seen they bowed out. "Too rich for my blood," Sylvestre demurred.

Instead, the three went to Sylvestre's farm one last time to gather up the remnants of his bamboo stock for the season. Good furniture could be made from it, so it sold well. A few more coins and the three could buy a map to one of these easier dungeons. Profits for the family nest without the early morning weasel milking? Hell yes!

Work the Tree Land: 1d4 1

Some damned beavers got into the fields and pulled half the stalks away while Sylvestre was out drinking. Devil's dang it!

Slaan fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 7, 2024

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

NINJER

"Hey you, let's fight!"
Brawl: 1d20-1 5
Bruise: 1d20 9

Silently, he rose to his feet. His chief attendant placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, whispering into his ear. He slapped the hand away, striding to a corner of the inn dourly.

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 7, 2024

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

[0 Coins][1 Companion(s)][0>1 Bruises]
The Geezer just shakes their head sadly, preparing for yet another swift bludgeoning-
[Action][0C>3C][Work The Land: 1d4 3]
[freeAction][3C>1C][Buy a Meal]
[freeAction][1C>0C][Enter Brawl (Pay for Damages) (Advantage): 2#1d20 11 3]
Oof. Ouch. Ow. That's gonna leave a Bruise
Bruise Injury Check: 1d20 19
The Geezer spits, and gives a wild grin. Finally, a fighter with some kick to em.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Companions: :madmax: :catholic:
Cash: 6 > 0
Injured!

"Nice guy, that Ducoin. Huh weird, there's tears on my cheeks. Well anyway..."

After a now familiar door-kicking entry, Lacrimissa strides up to the priest and drops a mostly bean free bag of coins before them.

"One patch job, please. Hold the sermon."
"Hey, Iike the way you fill out that cassock."
"No? Maybe a drink? No? Hey that's cool. See ya around."

Skinflint [1d4]=3
Pay for Healing
Buy someone a drink and flirt [1d20]=5
Flirt [1d20]=10

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Mr. Tower
Townsfolk
Coins: 0 -> 3

("Buncha cowards! No-one wants to gamble!")
(""What're we gonna do, Jimmy?")
("Take us outside to the apple trees, Christopher. I gotta new plan that's as easy as pie!")

Work The Land: 1d4 3

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Coins: 0 -> 2 -> 1
Drinks: 3

A new routine was starting to form for Lug. Work hard, try to line ducks, then go to tavern to meet up with friends. He had to stop buying drinks of his own though - yet his purse was mysteriously lighter each and every night. It was quite the puzzle! He'd checked it for holes, but only found the one his new friends helpfully told him was supposed to be there.

Action: Work The Land: 1d4 2
freeAction: Buy a drink and flirt (-1 coin): 1d20-1 10

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk

Mr. Skel Ington, I tolde you to go east and swipe, not to goe west and wipe! Do it again, but properly!

Brawl: 1d20 19

Learn a Skill: 1d20 6

Now that's more like it!

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
~ UPDATE ~

---------Tavern--------

Little Dennis comes and sits at the table, keeping an eye on Mr. Tower's bet.

Betty: "Don't worry, Mr. Tower! we'll get Little Dennis to run any winnings to you when someone takes you up on your wager. Little Dennis, you'll be fine with that, right?"

Little Dennis: I'd like to see the punk who tries to stop me. Ain't nobody gettin' their mitts on this unless they earned it fairlike.

Betty: "Well, there you go!"

Little Dennis: I'd also like to state for the record that I offer no apologies for any beatings or suchlike I might happen to administer in the course of my duties.

Betty: "Oh - okay, yeah, great!"

Friar Paunch: "Lacrimissa, was it? A pleasure. Always happy to help. Ah, this arm looks like it's been broken for a while. Ah well, a Blessing will do you good."

The good Friar's belt pouch jangles merrily as Lacrimissa's coins (and a bean) slide into it. His pendant flashes a brief, brilliant sea foam blue and Lacrimissa is feeling much more like herself.
Lacrimissa has been fully Blessed, all negative effects have been removed.

Saikrit Baus earns a new Skill through Brawling: - "Keen Sight"

Lug Thunkhard and Lacrimissa Skrunk Strike out Flirting. Next time!

--------Questing--------

Stabdee - The Temple of Mazes - 39/109 - Monsters defeated: 1

Pointing the way forward with a renewed sense of direction and purpose, the Wizard breathed a sigh of relief, even as he eyed Stabdee's menacing blade. The group picked their way carefully through another section of hedge, this time feeling that they might be making headway.

Hawkins - The Tenebrous Tenement - 50/100

Hawkins' companions nod and fall back into their careful, evenly paced exploration. The shaded corridors seemed to offer no surprises that could ruffle the feathers of their fearless leader.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

NINJER
Bruises: 4

After a few sips of strong beer, Ninjer shakes himself off and wades back into the fray, buoyed by polite applause from his attendants. He finds a drunkard slipped to the floor, unwatched and unseen by the revellers. He places one foot on his chest, then bellows.

"Let that be a lesson!"
Brawl: 1d20-1 17
Skill: 1d20 2 Gained Take 10!

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019

Companions: 2
Exploration - Temple of Mazes 1d20+2 = 17

The party trudged through the endless fields of hedges, marveling at the wondrous sight of.. more hedges. Hedges, hedges, everywhere one looked. The Wizard was getting antsy as they walked along the confounding mazes, fearing an attack from monsters or Stabdee. The Warrior was whistling a merry tune, one soured a bit by the fact that the Warrior's whistling sounded horrible and sputtering. And Stabdee still had her dagger in hand, giving the evil eye to every hedge that they passed, dissuading anything that might dare to peek out.

Together the motley crew progressed, further into the dark heart of the Temple of Mazes. Treasure awaited at the end, and they would have it.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Coins: 1 -> 2 - > 1
Drinks: 3
Companions: ++

As the cut from his work at the farm grew sparser with the spinach going off-season, Lug tied a tighter knot on his pursestrings, just as his dad had said one should do in times of need.

Which is how he found time to recognize the purse as his, given that the woman who'd 'found it on the floor' kept struggling to untie it. Just trying to check if the contents were fine, she said when asked. For which he patted her gently on the head, thanked her for her kindness and offered to buy her a drink.

Piratica did a double-take at how expectations faced reality when caught dipping and facepalmed before accepting a shot glass of rum to begrudgingly nurse as she sat down next to Mustelady and Miss Coiffure.

"Told you he'd catch you in the end." "Bah! I know knots, that warrs no knot! I swearr on Neptuniarr it warrs arr compressed diarrmond core! But I suppose it's fine. He'll do... lubber sure harrs warrm harrnds." "That's what gets you?"

Action: Work The Land: 1d4 1
freeAction: Buy a drink and flirt (-1 coin): 1d20-1 14 +1 Companion!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Sylvestre
Townsfolk
Coins: 3 > 5 > 1 > 0
Companions: :parrot: :derptiel: :coolbird:
Map: Aviary Aggressions 0/160
code:
Sylvestre had heard that singing was supposed to improve plant growth and yields. Maybe? No reason not to try while harvesting firewood for sale.

Wark the land: 1d4 2

Well, it worked well enough. The wood sale to the tavern got him enough to buy a map with a little left over to relax before heading out. Mister Spearron was almost nice to talk to.

MAP GET- The Aviary Aggressions
Dungeon target AA: 1d20 16x 10 = 160

Buy a drink and flirt: 1d20+1 18

Companion GET!

Slaan fucked around with this message at 18:17 on May 8, 2024

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Companions:

"Time to take this segment recklessly, running full tilt and shouting.”

Take 10 to tenderize 10% of the Tenebrous Tenement. 40 to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Companions: :madmax: :catholic: +:hist101:
Cash: 0

"Heeeey."

Skinflint [1d4]=4
Buy someone a drink [1d20]=18
Flirt [1d20]=8