Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
But Who? WHO!?
Cowboys
Giants
Eagles
Washington Football Team
gently caress it, 4-way 8-8-1 tie no survivors
View Results

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Shyfted One posted:

I don't think next year's QB draft class is expected to be that great and I doubt Dallas will end up with an early pick anyway. They'll trade up and take a RB after letting Dak walk.

Quinn Ewers: Cowboys QB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What position is zeke going to play?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Are the Giants going with Danny Dimes again this season?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I mean, it's him or Drew Lock, so yeah

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Harlock posted:

We're also being deprived of Zeke's last moment as a Cowboy playing center

Oh god dammit now I'm extremely pissed

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

MrMojok posted:

Are the Giants going with Danny Dimes again this season?

Yes and then they can finally cut ties next year for an $11M dead money hit. Problem is people seem to think next year will be a weak QB class… might have to suck for another few years for Arch Manning or something

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Arch Manning isn't gonna be a winner, gotta wait for Eli's kid cause he'll have the clutch gene

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Did someone really name their kid Arch? Like a bridge arch or something?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Febreeze posted:

I mean, it's him or Drew Lock, so yeah

How can you forget :italy: Tommy Cutlets?!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Did someone really name their kid Arch? Like a bridge arch or something?

no it's an adjective describing the type of Manning he is

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Cartoon Man posted:

I don’t expect this year to be a poo poo show but I also don’t think we’ll be anything better than 500.

If we don't find an at least workable left tackle ASAP, we'll be lucky to win 4 games

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Eagles "All In" for me was drafting Jeremiah Trotter, Jr.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
It’s called “going all in” T. It’s when you let your good players walk in free agency and sign washed up retreads. It’s how you win playoff games or some poo poo.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

predicto posted:

If we don't find an at least workable left tackle ASAP, we'll be lucky to win 4 games

Heard they just signed an interior lineman that left recently. He might be able to swing out to tackle.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

davecrazy posted:

It’s called “going all in” T. It’s when you let your good players walk in free agency and sign washed up retreads. It’s how you win playoff games or some poo poo.

Jerruh is playing 14th dimension chess and yall are playing checkers:smug:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
January 2025 - Wildcard Game

5th seeded Dallas faces 4th and 8 from Tampa’s 11 yard line with barely a minute left, trailing 17-13 with no timeouts. Mike McCarthy looks at his play sheet, flips it over, and one jumps out to him. They haven’t practiced it since October, but he believes the players can execute it, that it will catch the Buccaneers off guard, and he knows that if it works, Jerry will love it. Jerry had been asking for it for weeks. Fat Mike reads the play into the headset.

Dak does a double take, as do several of the assistant coaches who hear it. Mike nods on the sideline. Dak pauses, thinks of changing the play, but will run what the sideline sent in.

He lines up under center, “Hey! Here we go…” he groans and receives the snap, turning and pitching the ball to Zeke, seemingly running a sweep to the wide side.

But Ezekiel Elliot isn’t running a sweep. He slows slightly, adjusts the ball in his hand, and attempts to throw to CeeDee, who slipped out from the far side of the formation and is running a crossing route.

“Oh, the halfback option!” Jim Nantz exclaims in the booth. Tony Romo makes his own incoherent noises.

The ball floats into the air, wobbles in to the end zone, not even close to Lamb but instead to an area where 4 defenders await. Antoine Winfield Jr easily intercepts it. They’ll kneel the clock out. In the visiting owners booth, Jerry went from ecstatic to infuriated in less time than it takes for him to harvest a human soul. Elsewhere, Stephen A. Smith’s laughing can be heard for miles. The GDT has a dozen new pages of posts almost instantly as every laughing emote possible is posted, along with classics such as million dicks per second, and the eternal “gently caress the Cowboys” posts.

Somewhere out on a dusty trail, well away from any TV or radio, the man known as Big Bob Pataki has a wry smile cross his face. Instinctively, he knows something glorious just happens. He resumes cooking his bacon.

And so it shall be that Zeke’s final play as a Cowboy will be him throwing an interception.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

elime anning posted:

Yes and then they can finally cut ties next year for an $11M dead money hit. Problem is people seem to think next year will be a weak QB class… might have to suck for another few years for Arch Manning or something

Dak Prescott is going to be a free agent, and will finally realize his true potential when he bombs a super bowl winning TD to Malik Nabers

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Beautiful

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Dak hitting free agency when his biggest suitors will be the Giants, Cowboys, Jets(?), Raiders, Steelers(?)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

fartknocker posted:

Dak does a double take, as do several of the assistant coaches who hear it. Mike nods on the sideline. Dak pauses, thinks of changing the play, but will run what the sideline sent in.

lacks intangibles

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Quinn Ewers: Cowboys QB

This is so on point that it almost has to come true

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Harlock posted:

Dak hitting free agency when his biggest suitors will be the Giants, Cowboys, Jets(?), Raiders, Steelers(?)

if Dak makes it to true free agency add the Rams, Seahawks, Saints, Panthers(?), Titans(?). McVeigh would have a tough decision to make, unless Stafford calls it quits, then I think they'd be the favorite. they'd have money, weapons, coaching, and a wide open window, could go all defense in the draft and FA

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://x.com/DerekFSpx/status/1785021606739267595

So happy to see Coach Gibbs out there still loving life and having fun.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Dak joining the Giants and immediately winning the super bowl would be the funniest and best thing to happen to this threads entire history and it is now what I will root for

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Febreeze posted:

Dak joining the Giants and immediately winning

lol

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Dak...winning??

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Febreeze posted:

Dak joining the Giants and immediately winning the super bowl would be the funniest and best thing to happen to this threads entire history and it is now what I will root for

you would hear my laughter all the way out in the farthest corners of space

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

davecrazy posted:

Dak...winning??
2027 NFL Owner's Meeting to change the rules so that the team with less points wins was, perhaps, a questionable choice

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Shinjobi posted:

you would hear my laughter all the way out in the farthest corners of space

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

davecrazy posted:

Dak...winning??

As Daniel Jones Tommy DeVito’s backup

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Cowboys Make History By Declaring Entire Opposing Secondary As Eligible Recievers

Baffled Cornerback Responds: "Honestly, it's just nice to finally have a reason for why he kept throwing us the ball"

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
Cowboys are gonna have a year like Wade's last year. And Trey Lance will be next year's started after they let Dak walk.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

dalstrs posted:

Cowboys are gonna have a year like Wade's last year. And Trey Lance will be next year's started after they let Dak walk.

:hmmyes:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

dalstrs posted:

:agreed:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Here's a breakdown on what the Eagles ultimately got for Carson Wentz

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...s-massive-haul/

Howie Roseman arguably pulled off his best-ever deal when trading Wentz -- and he's made some good ones -- using that trade to facilitate a series of moves that have set the Eagles up to build a Super Bowl-contending roster.

The deal directly or indirectly led to the Birds getting Devonte Smith, Jalen Carter, AJ Brown and Cooper Dejean.

quote:

Eagles receive: DeVonta Smith, A.J. Brown, Kyron Johnson, Jalen Carter, Cooper DeJean, Jalyx Hunt, Jeremiah Trotter Jr, 2025 fourth-round pick, 2025 fifth-round pick
Colts receive: Carson Wentz, Matt Pryor, Alec Pierce, Jelani Woods, Bernhard Raimann, Andrew Ogletree
Saints receive: Chris Olave, Trevor Penning, Jordan Jackson

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

Here's a breakdown on what the Eagles ultimately got for Carson Wentz

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...s-massive-haul/

Howie Roseman arguably pulled off his best-ever deal when trading Wentz -- and he's made some good ones -- using that trade to facilitate a series of moves that have set the Eagles up to build a Super Bowl-contending roster.

The deal directly or indirectly led to the Birds getting Devonte Smith, Jalen Carter, AJ Brown and Cooper Dejean.

I know the whole complexion of that trade changes if Wentz was who the Colts thought he was, but since he wasn't that looks like a complete nightmare for Indianapolis.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Farchanter posted:

I know the whole complexion of that trade changes if Wentz was who the Colts thought he was, but since he wasn't that looks like a complete nightmare for Indianapolis.

yeah but ultimately the Colts wound up with a QB with superstar upside, injury risk, and consistency issues

hmm

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I still can’t believe Ron Rivera traded actual picks for Wentz when he was gonna get cut and could’ve been had for free.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
i still can't believe that howie managed to trade wentz at all. i truly thought we were stuck with him in the way the browns now are with watson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
yeah the idea of getting rid of wentz — never mind getting rid of him in a way that wouldn't completely gently caress the eagles over — seemed nearly unfathomable for a while there