Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Sorry Leafs fans. I don't know how you root for that team. Painful

Samsonov just… staring at a puck going right in front of him to Pastrnak. Just standing there. It’s really something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
So we got the funniest/worst scenario we all feared of AM returning for the loss, Keefe getting job security in a "heroic" G7 ot loss, am I forgetting anything

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

There was nothing heroic about it, if you play for a draw you lose on bounces every time and that’s all Keefe knows how to do

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nobody is even looking towards Pasta or up ice when that puck gets dumped in

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Koopa Kid posted:

There was nothing heroic about it, if you play for a draw you lose on bounces every time and that’s all Keefe knows how to do

In fairness, the Bruins did that just as much. Both teams were just trapping like hell and hoping for a 2-1 win.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Do you keep Bertuzzi or Domi?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

MagicCube posted:

Blow them up

Entire coaching staff gone, Shanny gone, try to move Marner, let Tavares walk or re-sign on the cheap

Needs a complete rework - 8 years of this core have done gently caress all

No this core has provided endless laughs, lols and lmaos to the rest of the NHL

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

In fairness, the Bruins did that just as much. Both teams were just trapping like hell and hoping for a 2-1 win.

Yeah for sure, but you know, two wrongs don’t make a right and also the Leafs are not constructed to play that kind of hockey

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Marner is a Bills fan, send the boy to Buffalo

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Marner is a Bills fan, send the boy to Buffalo

Nylander won a game on his own, Matthews won a game on his own, Tavares assisted on an OT winner, Marner… would look good in a Sabres jersey

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Toronto needs a gently used Tom Wilson. The Capitals can take Marner off their hands in return.

Mind_Taker fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 5, 2024

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Is it too late for Matthews to go join the US hockey team?

lol leafs

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Powershift posted:

Who gives a poo poo?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Powershift posted:

I was a big Bert booster but he just.. didn’t do anything in the postseason. I know he had some hand injuries/surgery in the past and he looked like he was playing with oven mitts on. I think the gamble was that his low sh% with Boston was an aberration and his playoff performance was closer to what they hoped for, and he delivered the opposite. I think it’s possible on a team with more structure where he can just bang in loose pucks and cause chaos he can be good but this team isn’t it.

Domi’s a fine depth C/W guy that showed why his versatility is important with Matthews out, but he’s not a difference maker ultimately. If he wants to take a discount to stay with his dad’s team in a top 9 role then great, if he wants a retirement contract he should look somewhere else.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://x.com/saracivian/status/1786971692172013614?s=46&t=HQKtcRjDK4S81BLV4tbVnw

Holy poo poo loving fire this moron already

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

Arivia posted:

lol leafs

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/producerdrew_/status/1786969559850770594?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

https://x.com/teacherofpuck/status/1786962007176212799?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

This summers gonna own

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

If they were really upset they would have waited for next season and thrown the jersey on the ice.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Treliving is going to gently caress this up in ways you cannot even imagine

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

why hasnt keefe been fired yet

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/mikemartignago/status/1786971646081073436?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

I need last nights footage asap, no chance that Marner decal survived

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

We will get the footage once forensics is done and the authorities determine it can be released to the media

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Duckman2008 posted:

If they were really upset they would have waited for next season and thrown the jersey on the ice.

Imagine how upset they're gonna be when they throw down 200 bucks to replace it with a Fanatics piece of garbage next year

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Literally "Im not so good at this coaching thing, huh?" right out of his own mouth holy moly :lol:

I mean, sorry Leafs fans. Probably sucks to see an actual talented roster be so poorly managed that it keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over like some hellish Groundhog Day.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I just hope Keefe referring to the team as “the Leafs” instead of “us” is a sign that he knows he’s gone

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Koopa Kid posted:

I just hope Keefe referring to the team as “the Leafs” instead of “us” is a sign that he knows he’s gone

keefe and montgomery had a long talk in the handshake line last night, lol. very "i saved my job, sorry about yours"

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

WeaponX posted:

We will get the footage once forensics is done and the authorities determine it can be released to the media
My thoughts are with that Rielly jersey on display

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

It's been interesting seeing all the hate Marner has gotten for this play as if Pastrnak didn't skate past 4 other Leafs and put the puck past a goalie who apparently had a brain freeze at that exact moment. It's all Mitch's fault!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

It's been interesting seeing all the hate Marner has gotten for this play as if Pastrnak didn't skate past 4 other Leafs and put the puck past a goalie who apparently had a brain freeze at that exact moment. It's all Mitch's fault!

For what it’s worth, and obviously every play has multiple points of failure, one of Keefe’s former video coaches is claiming that it’s Marner’s job to take Pasta in their system:

https://x.com/jhanhky/status/1786960062310719905?s=46&t=HQKtcRjDK4S81BLV4tbVnw

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Every lovely coach for decades is going to use that Pastrnak goal to demonstrate that dump and chase works

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Koopa Kid posted:

For what it’s worth, and obviously every play has multiple points of failure, one of Keefe’s former video coaches is claiming that it’s Marner’s job to take Pasta in their system:

The Leafs have a "system"?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Koopa Kid posted:

Oh yeah I'm sure there's more at play here. But it looks like just about every Leaf on the ice is just watching Pasta. Seems cruel to just pin it all on Marner, but he's definitely the whipping boy for Toronto. It'll be real interesting to see what happens with him this summer.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

It can’t be said enough

lol leafs

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

ZeeBoi posted:

It can’t be said enough

lol leafs

WeaponX posted:

“Zoomer Matthews expended all his energy so he could hit 69 goals as a joke. Not nice. If Matthews could have spent less time getting “rizzed up” and more time getting healthy, the Leafs would be “dead rear end” winning this series. Because listen up Auston, losing to Boston again is totally NOT “skibidi toilet”, ok? Grow up.” - Steve Simmonds

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I guess it's playoff hockey in OT so you can just pin a guy against the boards but how exactly is Marner supposed to cut him off when they were never near the puck? His job isn't to run down low, the wingers stay up past the faceoff dots

Edit: ya he's doing his job this has to be on Reilly no?

https://twitter.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/1786968685816459688

Darude - Adam Sandstorm fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 5, 2024

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

It is definitely insane to me that Marner is getting the blame for all of this.

Edit:

Duckman2008 posted:

:hmmyes: the only bad thing about them losing in game 7 instead of 6. We would've gotten some good jersey throws for sure.

Carver fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 5, 2024

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I wanna know why Rielly spun the wrong way on entry. Both him and Marner seemingly had no clue Pasta was there until it was too late

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol this has me cackling like a madman.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Carver posted:

It is definitely insane to me that Marner is getting the blame for all of this.

Edit:

:hmmyes: the only bad thing about them losing in game 7 instead of 6. We would've gotten some good jersey throws for sure.

Feels like how the Red Sox and many other orgs leak hit pieces or nudge folks who rely on keeping their access to spin the tale a particular way.

Although folks have bagged on Marner for years, so could just be people dunking on him for more clicks, etc.

Regardless, feels like that's mostly on Samsonov/Reilly for the reaction to the dump-in and Keefe for the Leafs in general.

Is TD Garden known for having a particularly carom-y corner like that? Felt like old times with Joe Louis Arena, home ice advantage on how specific dump-ins and timed sprints can make something seemingly innocuous end up in the back of the net.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I didn't even notice before but it's like 1 second after Marner comes off the bench and Pasta is already at full speed too