Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm gonna let this all ~simmer~ but my gut says to vote mycelia here.

be back later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

yuming posted:

Zoya

D1

Zoya votes fast and loose: Iggy, Hal, beet and stays away from keats saying the votes are too ez

At EOD Zoya is after Illu

Neutral read here. (I don't think I've even played in a game where Zoya is scum, though.)

D2

Votes Maer, we later find out that Zoya prompted Josef to track Maer which got her caught.

This is the main reason I think Zoya is town.

I'm obviously missing some of the masonry context but why convince your mason partner to track you scumbuddy WHO IS PERFORMING THE KILL. This is too wild to be a bus imo. I think the PMuzz/mycelia fake-masonry fits better because it is a relatively safe claim in such a role-heavy game.

D3

Illu was Zoya's main read. I don't see much engagement here.

D4

Zoya hangs back trying to get vibes-based reads on who the last two scum are, and ultimately hammers spork.

Not a lot to dig into but the Maer bus scenario just seems ridiculous so I think Zoya is town.

Good catch, I'd forgotten how the Maer day shook out. Okay, you two are town, which means scum is...Pmuzz and Cube. Wahey. ... It's late and I'm struggling to figure out how to convince you not to kill me, since I'm pretty sure it's game over for town if you do that, so I will also let my thoughts simmer.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
I will read those posts later once I have more time.

Escaped a room, learned that Mahjong is just a rummy variant, and watched [sport team rooted for] get destroyed by [opposing team].

I am assuming there isn't a fourth vig out there available still?

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

CubicalSucrose posted:

Escaped a room, learned that Mahjong is just a rummy variant, and watched [sport team rooted for] get destroyed by [opposing team].

i will have a vig tomorrow

so, we could technically drag this out by no-exe

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I think that would be risky.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I want to hear Cube and PMuzz’s claims.

And mycelia which character are you?

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

yuming posted:

I think I already claimed this but I'm too lazy to go find it.

D1 I watched Zoya (I meant to track her but I forgot which was which)
D2 I docced Josef
D3 I crammed WIS
D4 I crammed WIS

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

yuming posted:

N0 Picked doc
N1 Cram WIS
N2 Cram WIS, gain a Watch
N3 Self-doc
N4 Watch Zoya.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CubicalSucrose posted:

Actually it's maybe more likely that rummy is a Mahjong variant? I'm going to check this now.

"Games scholar David Parlett has written that the Western card games Conquian and Rummy share a common origin with Mahjong.[22] All these games involve players drawing and discarding tiles or cards to make melds. Khanhoo is an early example of such a game. The most likely ancestor to Mahjong was pènghú which was played with 120 or 150 cards.[21] During the late 19th century, pènghú was used interchangeably with máquè in both card and tile form."

Well, huh.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Okay here's the case on PHuzz.

1) Pretty big pooper, the yet-to-be-fully-understood mech that scumMaer was overly interested in.
2) This post from the now-dead Hal.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I definitely lean towards spork, but I have also have scumpings from Pmuzz. I think there is no question scum were on the illu vote (in addition to a 3rd party) so I probably want to vote from that group

My sense is that if Hal were alive today, they'd be pushing PHuzz pretty hard. Oh what a coincidence, looks like Hal isn't around today.

3) A big reason Spork got elim'd yesterday was the PHuzz vs. Spork Moe results squabble. (*gasp* is that word allowed in this game???). Spork flipped town and was (probably?) not lying about their results. So then...why didn't PHuzz get a Moe? I got Moe'd twice now which is both super lovely but also kinda funny.

PhantomMuzzles posted:

I think I already claimed this but I'm too lazy to go find it.

D1 I watched Zoya (I meant to track her but I forgot which was which)
D2 I docced Josef
D3 I crammed WIS
D4 I crammed WIS

This set of actions is wild.

You would need to have...
5 WIS / 1 VIT / 3 CHA to start?
N0 picked Watch.
D1 picked +CHA
D2 picked +CHA, get a doc.
N2 doc JS. Why? Didn't Zoya say they already had that covered?

In response to JS posting:

JosefStalinator posted:

Since I'll probably die tonight, Zoya's suspect list was Hal, Pmuzz, Maer. I don't think she was bussing so feeling good about her

Zoya posted:

Zoya posted:

no you won't

Specifically around the "die tonight" part.

That's a really clear doc softclaim. Or maybe a bg softclaim I guess. OR (big brain scumZoya play).

Since Zoya and PHuzz aren't masons, Zoya wouldn't have known PHuzz was planning on doccing JS, they would've had to expect a separate source of protection.

Given that, it would be silly for PHuzz to double-down on prot for JS. Either Zoya has it covered (with their own prot, or just being scum and knowing they won't kill JS), or Zoya is bluffing (but a very plausible bluff since literally everyone in the game can be a doc) and scum are in WIFOM territory. Hell, didn't even need to be a prot, could've just been a JS Watch.

That's a lot of words to say N2 Doc was a waste.

N3 whatever.
N4 though, why cram again heading into mis-elim-or-lose? Is there really something at...WIS 9/10 that's worth getting over (basically anything else) on the night before we can lose the game? The WIS 10 common actions don't seem worth that investment.

Sleep time now though.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

2 scum / 3 town

i'm incredibly willing to ##vote no exe, narrow down our options, and turn this into 2 scum / 2 town (+ vig)

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

yuming posted:

Anghel Higure, the chuuni bleeding-heart dove. He is actually my favourite :lovebird:

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

CubicalSucrose posted:

Okay here's the case on PHuzz.

1) Pretty big pooper, the yet-to-be-fully-understood mech that scumMaer was overly interested in.
2) This post from the now-dead Hal.

My sense is that if Hal were alive today, they'd be pushing PHuzz pretty hard. Oh what a coincidence, looks like Hal isn't around today.

3) A big reason Spork got elim'd yesterday was the PHuzz vs. Spork Moe results squabble. (*gasp* is that word allowed in this game???). Spork flipped town and was (probably?) not lying about their results. So then...why didn't PHuzz get a Moe? I got Moe'd twice now which is both super lovely but also kinda funny.

This set of actions is wild.

You would need to have...
5 WIS / 1 VIT / 3 CHA to start?
N0 picked Watch.
D1 picked +CHA
D2 picked +CHA, get a doc.
N2 doc JS. Why? Didn't Zoya say they already had that covered?

In response to JS posting:

Zoya posted:

Specifically around the "die tonight" part.

That's a really clear doc softclaim. Or maybe a bg softclaim I guess. OR (big brain scumZoya play).

Since Zoya and PHuzz aren't masons, Zoya wouldn't have known PHuzz was planning on doccing JS, they would've had to expect a separate source of protection.

Given that, it would be silly for PHuzz to double-down on prot for JS. Either Zoya has it covered (with their own prot, or just being scum and knowing they won't kill JS), or Zoya is bluffing (but a very plausible bluff since literally everyone in the game can be a doc) and scum are in WIFOM territory. Hell, didn't even need to be a prot, could've just been a JS Watch.

That's a lot of words to say N2 Doc was a waste.

N3 whatever.
N4 though, why cram again heading into mis-elim-or-lose? Is there really something at...WIS 9/10 that's worth getting over (basically anything else) on the night before we can lose the game? The WIS 10 common actions don't seem worth that investment.

Sleep time now though.

Hmmmm some of these points are uncharacteristically nonsensical from Cube.

Of course I'm pooping on people. I joined this game because they said we can poop on each other. ##poop on Cube

It would be a dumb move for ScumMe to kill the person most vocally sussing me, and makes much more sense for someone to do that to "frame" me, which I was waiting to see who would.

I didn't get Moe messages because I haven't done night actions. How have you missed this point; that was the entire reason I thought Spork was scum yesterday.

I assumed that Zoya was either Town and bluffing about protecting js, or scum deterring docs. Otherwise idk why someone outs that they have a doc ability and also who they're planning to target. I almost docced Iggy instead and I wish I had. But js had just completely outed Maer and was obvs my strongest townread and I would have been more upset if he'd died and I didn't stop it

I crammed two days in a row because I had no other actions anyway. And you have no idea what my personal unlockable abilities are so it's weird for you to question my choices. It feels like you're trying to bait me to figure out what abilities I unlocked.

And again, going back to a previous point about why I've suspected Cube: none of this case against me has anything about vibe/tone or my general demeanor. So it doesn't feel like it's coming from someone who's had his finger on the pulse of the thread trying to sus out scum. It feels like a mechanical case by scum who are trying to build the most fact-based case they can against a Town player. And having two points in there that involve the NK selection (Hal obviously, but also showing that if Cube was scum, he wouldn't have killed js N2) show where his focus has been.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

mycelia posted:

Anghel Higure, the chuuni bleeding-heart dove. He is actually my favourite :lovebird:
Ahahaha yess okay he’s hilarious. Him and Okosan are the best :sparkles:

No exe turns this into a game of who gets to the thread first which I don’t think is worth the risk of what happens at night. Or if scum jugg kill Zoya we just lose outright.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

yuming posted:

Ahahaha yess okay he’s hilarious. Him and Okosan are the best :sparkles:

No exe turns this into a game of who gets to the thread first which I don’t think is worth the risk of what happens at night. Or if scum jugg kill Zoya we just lose outright.

Yeah, it feels really risky. Empower is an easy ability to get too, so it seems likely to me that one of them has it.

Ugh, I wish I crammed last night. Or picked a better doc target. Either one.

What're you making of Cube and Pmuzz right now? (Setting aside that you think I'm scum, for now). I keep flip-flopping which one I think is the better vote.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I feel like I kind of glossed over Cube because I was focused on you and Pmuzz so I’m going to read him again in a bit.

I woke up wanting to vote Pmuzz though :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

PhantomMuzzles posted:

I'm not gonna vote a newbie D1. Am curious to see who they poop on though

CubicalSucrose posted:

##vote Mycelia
##vote Hal

Make posts please.

Maerlyn posted:

Ditto. I don't know how new Tsietisin is but there's usually a grace period.

This feels like low hanging fruit from Cube.
So in this quote Maer is responding to Pmuzz but is taking a shot at Cube for the lurker call outs.

I read this as a scum interaction between Maer and Pmuzz with Cube as an easy D1 target.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
So Maer did poop on Cube early D1 and then call him out for posting votefinder:

Maerlyn posted:

This one? It's the first time I've seen Cube post VF:

CubicalSucrose posted:

Deadline in 48.5 hours, set alarms appropriately.

Votecount for Day 1

CubicalSucrose (3): Zoya, Illusionis, SporkChan
JosefStalinator (1): CubicalSucrose
Bifauxnen (1): yuming

Not Voting (10): Bifauxnen, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Ignatius M. Meen, Johnny Keats, JosefStalinator, Maerlyn, mycelia, PhantomMuzzles, Tsietisin

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 25th, 2024 at 10 p.m. CEST -- that's in about 2 days.
Notably Cube was posting votefinder when he himself was the vote leader.

Maer was responding to Keats saying that Cube had made a scum post and pointing out the VF post as what she thought was it. Maer seems like cautious a scum player content to sit in the background, so I stand by my original thought that this was her setting up to actually vote Cube if need be.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

yuming posted:

I read this as a scum interaction between Maer and Pmuzz

I suppose it's healthy to stretch in the mornings

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Indeed :allears:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I just don’t see any big moments that Cube feels scummy to me.

I have a couple of those strong moments for Pmuzz. The Illu vote, the push on spork. That’s where I got my strongest scum feeling. She’s also hanging back the most here, which is scummy.

And you know what ##vote Pmuzz ! !

This is it.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Zoya posted:

2 scum / 3 town

i'm incredibly willing to ##vote no exe, narrow down our options, and turn this into 2 scum / 2 town (+ vig)

If you're scum, doesn't this just mean scum would win? Also if you're town, what if you get NK'd?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I’ve got like 5 more minutes in the car here but then I’m out for a while.

To me Pmuzz is the most actively scummy player: going aggressive at Illu and spork in wonky ways.

I get my best reads off those more firey moments, so here we go.

Let us all ascend as Puddi. We shall vanquish the scum in the name of Lord Puddi ! !

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Zoya posted:

i feel bad for scum this game, they're clearly very demoralized

josef and i (pictured below) have this game on lock in our masonry, and once i finish channeling the divine spirit of Lord Pudi, He Who Will Descend Upon This World Within My Mortal Frame, it's over for scum

and they know it

JosefStalinator and Zoya captured together in their natural habitat, the track team masonry, copyright 2024

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Zoya posted:

2 scum / 3 town

Yeah the more I think about this the sillier an idea it is? What am I missing?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CubicalSucrose posted:

Oh I think I get it? Hahahahaha, the world where Zoya is town and makes this claim/push is actually really funny and clever.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Compelling counter argument from Pmuzz :sun:

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

yuming posted:

Compelling counter argument from Pmuzz :sun:

I don't have a counter argument. I've played a bad, lazy game. But I'm Town and absolutely would not be playing the way I have if I was scum.

I think Cube's case on me is higher effort than Yuming's, but Yuming seems to be coming from a way townier perspective.

I think mycelia, both in the thread and in the masonry, has done a whole lot of performative hand-wringing. I think he's scum, but I'll feel bad saying that if he genuinely feels bad about his calls this game. But my gut says it's an act.

I think Zoya is kinda acting like she has nothing to prove, which would be a good scum play here but feels towny to me.

I'd vote mycelia or Cube right now

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

yuming posted:

No exe turns this into a game of who gets to the thread first

no? no exe turns this into a 2 v 2 stalemate. who gets to the thread first is largely irrelevant -- town should absolutely hold onto their vote until everyone has arrived and checked into the thread

in fact, i genuinely think that it is almost always beneficial for town to delay MYLO into LYLO (the exceptions being weird specific game mechanics), because in either case, if you yeet wrong, you lose the game... but in the second case, you have less players around to be wrong about. right now, if you close your eyes and vote completely blindly, you're more likely to hit town than scum. but tomorrow... 50/50, baby!

i think when the game gets down to the wire at this state, it's always in town's best interests to delay instead of risking shooting themselves in the foot

scum, on the other hand, would very much prefer to get town to miselim, here

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

CubicalSucrose posted:

i think it's a good call for town in this situation even without an upcoming vig in the mix. vig is just lagniappe, if i'm alive to use it

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
At 4 players would it require 2 or 3 to execute? Because if it's 3 that sounds like a bad plan

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Actually either way it's a bad plan?

If it's 2 votes to execute tomorrow, it'd be a race to the thread

If it's 3 votes to execute, it would rely on a scum voting for another scum. They'd have no reason to, and would push a no exe.

Sure, if Zoya survives she could supposedly have a vig. But she'd have to fire correctly or we'd lose anyway.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
So basically Zoya would be confident enough in her reads to stake the game on her correctly vigging. But she's not confident enough in her reads to vote today?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
2 v 2 for voting is a scum win. Even a vigkill is mod discretion I believe. This is why I don’t mod games, end game throws me off. I think one of the games I did mod ended up in some stupid repeated no ex and I didn’t know what to do.

Voting no ex today takes us into what could already be a stalemate. We vote today ! !

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Pmuzz is living in the thread at this moment and avoiding looking back too much: a scummy approach.

I made an effort case yesterday too. Her responses today sound like she didn’t even really read that content.

Zoya, let’s vote Pmuzz and the world shall be one of Puddi and joy :sparkles:

For there is no tomorrow. None guaranteed, we must search for Puddi NOW or risk the lack of faith.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

oh. wait. maths.

this is lylo, not mylo, isnt it? unless i survived with the vig, which obviously isn't guaranteed

ugh

yes, it would be 3 to execute, and most/many mods would simply conclude the game unless there was something in the game preventing scum's "total control of the vote" like a vig. so the game would end if i died to a NK tonight and no one else is hiding a vig or some other kind of gamechanging power

goddamnit

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Zoya posted:

no? no exe turns this into a 2 v 2 stalemate. who gets to the thread first is largely irrelevant -- town should absolutely hold onto their vote until everyone has arrived and checked into the thread

in fact, i genuinely think that it is almost always beneficial for town to delay MYLO into LYLO (the exceptions being weird specific game mechanics), because in either case, if you yeet wrong, you lose the game... but in the second case, you have less players around to be wrong about. right now, if you close your eyes and vote completely blindly, you're more likely to hit town than scum. but tomorrow... 50/50, baby!

i think when the game gets down to the wire at this state, it's always in town's best interests to delay instead of risking shooting themselves in the foot

scum, on the other hand, would very much prefer to get town to miselim, here

This is the correct logic when it's 3 town 1 scum.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Is Yuming's post the best Myc case so far? I'll review and reread.

Also considering how likely it was that Zoya was scum trying to pull a fast one and now backpedaling hard.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

PhantomMuzzles posted:

I don't have a counter argument. I've played a bad, lazy game. But I'm Town and absolutely would not be playing the way I have if I was scum.

I think Cube's case on me is higher effort than Yuming's, but Yuming seems to be coming from a way townier perspective.

I think mycelia, both in the thread and in the masonry, has done a whole lot of performative hand-wringing. I think he's scum, but I'll feel bad saying that if he genuinely feels bad about his calls this game. But my gut says it's an act.

I think Zoya is kinda acting like she has nothing to prove, which would be a good scum play here but feels towny to me.

I'd vote mycelia or Cube right now

you will regret your words and deeds,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

I don't know what the right move here is, so I'm going to write out my thought process in the hopes it helps me and/or someone else.

-I know I am town.
-I am 99% sure Yuming is town.
-Yuming thinks Pmuzz is scum.
-I am not sure who scum is in the remaining three players.
-If I vote Pmuzz, and I'm wrong, scum hammers and I think that's game? So I am very hesitant to do that.
-But the same is true of the other two...

I assume the rest of you are feeling the same way as me ... Waiting for each other to make a move. Tense...