Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Yeah Flora isn't a broken hero or anything, but I prefer her over Cecia for pushing AFK stages and PvP. They're pretty similar, but I find the extra damage and extra bodies to be very noticeable at times.

Just wish her ult wind-up animation wasn't so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

You can disable ult anims in the options. There’s also a setting to have them play once per login which I like.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

It's not the ult cutscene, but the actual animation of the bulbsprites hefting the flower mace, jumping into the air, twirling, then slamming it down.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
whats the strategy for stockpiling diamonds. should i be blowing them in 10pulls as i go? try to bank as many as i can to get as many copies of the guaranteed hero as i can?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Jinnigan posted:

whats the strategy for stockpiling diamonds. should i be blowing them in 10pulls as i go? try to bank as many as i can to get as many copies of the guaranteed hero as i can?

Preference aside, stick to 10 pulls of the second banner to fill out your wish list characters first. Generally ignore the event banner as they will get merged into the common pool and can be wishlisted then if you want them. Every day you get an 85 diamond discount on one ticket for the main banner, and every 10 pull is discounted 300, so that will add up over time and get your characters built faster.

It will change if someone OP shows up in the event banner but so far Vala and Florabel have just been really solid and only worth it for whales or if you really like them.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
If you have at least 1 ticket, clicking the recruit 10 button on the second banner lets you buy the other tickets at the discounted 270/per

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

right, i think my question is more along the lines of, should i be stockpiling diamonds so i can pull 6+ copies of the event banner at once, or just blow through 10pulls as i get them?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Using diamonds for your afk instant rewards is a very good use of them imo. The purple stuff is a massive roadblock in leveling and if you get stuck at a certain resonance level your only other option to increase the power of your characters is to pull for dupes, which gets way more expensive then spending 150 diamonds a day to accelerate the leveling process.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I blew through pulls as soon as I had enough tickets/diamonds to do a 10-pull because I wanted to unlock the stargaze station and start stocking up on the orbs I need for that

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Ruby Prism posted:

As I've progressed through the story, the lack of polish is really starting to show. Entire untranslated paragraphs, text that very often doesn't match the voice lines... and I have to say, I'm starting to get suspicious that certain characters are voiced by AI, because they have this very even delivery, not quite deadpan or monotone, but incapable of emphasizing the right words in a sentence, frequently even struggling with exclaiming or questioning tones. It could just be amateur VAs or an incompetent voice director, but Lyca and Lorsan in particular trigger an uncanny valley effect for me, in a way that some of the unimportant NPCs with sketchy voice acting don't.
Have you gotten to Chapter 3 yet? I'm pretty sure Temesia is also AI. it's the clipping between words, makes everything sound stitched together instead of one normal breath

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Feel free to poo poo the game up with me sometime. Would love to join a goon guild eventually as I'm currently guildless.

23163931 / S411 / Buttsex
They let me have this name and it's driving people mad.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Jinnigan posted:

Have you gotten to Chapter 3 yet? I'm pretty sure Temesia is also AI. it's the clipping between words, makes everything sound stitched together instead of one normal breath

I'm about to start it tonight. Had to take a few days break from the story because listening to Lyca and Lorsan deadpan for hours on end was chipping away at my sanity.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I now have a divine grand ultra plus plus Rowan. The upgrade bar just disappeared. What happens when I get another copy?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

kater posted:

I now have a divine grand ultra plus plus Rowan. The upgrade bar just disappeared. What happens when I get another copy?

Once you have 25 Supreme+ characters, you'll be able to upgrade them to Paragon level 1. There are 4 Paragon levels. It's probably not going to be a thing for F2P players for years.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Make sure you take him off your wishlists and save. I got lucky and capped out my Celia through pulls and arena shop, and then got yet another copy of her from the "one of every hero randomly over time" event so that will sit there for a very long while.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

somewhere around early chapter 2 i started skimming the story and clicking through dialogue as fast as i could read the first sentence. this game has visual novel disease

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Is there a way to enable/disable auto-move to quest? Because I think I accidentally disabled it and I don't know how to turn it back on (maybe my eyes are glazing over the settins or something)

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
It’s in settings

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

i caved and spent $30 on the growth bundle, and now i have M+ Celia, Thoran, and Eironn. well! that seems pretty good?? i don't quite have the synergies to make Eironn really shine, but it's getting there i think. my carolina is mythic and my arden is Legendary+

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 26, 2024

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Still having a swell time with this. I bought my usual Welkin-equivalent/battlepass, and told myself if I make it to the end of the Welkin period and was still having a good time I'll get the growth bundle thing. Seems like a fair price all told for something I've sunk a good amount of time into so far. Very enjoyable 20-30 minutes a day kinda thing.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Honor Duel reports:
- Mirael artifact: she gets a huge kamehameha ultimate. Then you can get 25% Lightbearer ultimate damage perk. And the artifact that gives her a free ultimate cast on starting the battle. The same artifacts refunds her energy if she gets kills. So I ended up 2-shotting teams right out the gate. Stupid build.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

where do you get the gold dreamstone drops. for mythic weapon upgrades +5-10

Anno
May 10, 2017

I want to say I got some from getting to legendary in arena but honestly I might be making that up. Just know I’ve acquired 50ish somehow. I think you might be able to get some through weekly guild chests too if you take the ascension option?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Anno posted:

I want to say I got some from getting to legendary in arena but honestly I might be making that up. Just know I’ve acquired 50ish somehow. I think you might be able to get some through weekly guild chests too if you take the ascension option?

Yeah, legendary first-time rewards offers some, getting top 100 in dream realm offers some, etc.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

wow theyre really giving us a shitload of essence to make up for how little we were getting

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I’ve been letting the auto run for forty minutes this is a terrible grind when it starts with the double battles. I think it’s gained about forty levels too.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I thought I was done with the main story with Vaduso Mountains but now there's another area I'd missed west of the main lightbearer town with another 8 areas and monsters going above 200.

The AFK battles are weird with the doubles starting in the 700s like you said. I'll tab back over and notice I lost, make a minor positioning change, then go another 40 levels on autopilot. Which means I could push a lot farther with manual play. I'm closing in on AFK 900 and resonance 190 by tomorrow.

Anno
May 10, 2017

M+ Smokey in boss fights where you can use him is a terror. He’s slightly out damaging my Supreme Odie in the current primal battle.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I finally got the Eironn comp done (not even with Damien yet) and it is as good as advertised. Went from 1015 to the end of AFK stages in a speedrun and cleared the remainder of the story content with ease.

Jinnigan posted:

That's the joke. You don't really. All mine went into Eironn +10 essentially.

Edit: Oh wait I did Odie +10 first which is absurd.

ShaneB fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 30, 2024

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Jinnigan posted:

A couple a week drop from the guild box I think. Or top 100 in dream realm every day (whale only or new server basically). The devs are stingy with them to milk the whales.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Cecia does so much damage compared to anyone else in my roster.

I’ve been able to get up to ~815 with this as my main comp, but it’s certainly slowing down and I’m looking for suggestions of a better setup.

FreshFeesh fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Apr 30, 2024

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

FreshFeesh posted:

I’ve been able to get up to ~815 with this as my main comp, but it’s certainly slowing down and I’m looking for suggestions of a better setup.

try dropping antandra for odie and using the shield artifact instead, that's basically what her purpose is, to shield cecia until she can get her ult off, but the ironskin??? artifact kinda does the same thing, the extra dps from odie will help clean up a bunch of stragglers

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Swap Rowan for an epic Brutus to eat the opening hits and that's the team I've gotten to 908 with, using the confining artifact. I'll have to give ironwall and more DPS a try too.

obithrawn
Apr 22, 2003

That's about where I am at too and I've also had a lot of success with Brutus + other tank to eat up however many seconds his ability lasts. I swap around supports depending on level, picking two between Rowan/Koko/Smokey.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

FreshFeesh posted:

Unsolicited advice but you really need to start building your Korin and Marilee (especially) for Dream Realm.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

It's a drat shame you can't ignore all those goofy characters and just boost the 2 hamsters to carry you through everything. That should be an honor duel archtype.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

they are in the other roguelike mode

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

i thought i was bad at honor duel but it turns out im just in the top 5% of players. this sucks. let me smurf

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 30, 2024

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

van fem posted:

A couple a week drop from the guild box I think. Or top 100 in dream realm every day (whale only or new server basically). The devs are stingy with them to milk the whales.

gently caress me ive been doing the guild points box. newb trapped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

is there a better guide than prydwynn? their coverage is pretty good but a little slapdash. some stuff seems haphazardly translated or copy/pasted