Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

My email management top tip is to just delete stuff as it comes in. People keep way too much and a massive % of emails are redundant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

My email management top tip is to just delete stuff as it comes in. People keep way too much and a massive % of emails are redundant.

I always skim and organise emails instantly as they come in, then do actual work on them in due time if needed. I will not leave them unread.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I like that Manchester United Football Club has an IT department and that the IT department is still three fat men and one malnourished man sitting in a dark room surrounded by piles of obsolete keyboards and various elaborate vape rigs

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Feeling better about the takeover now, hopefully this moron micromanages man utd into being even worse sonehow

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

Haha he’s going to micromanage everybody into a clean desk policy and inbox zero

Big Jim "Ron Dennis" Ratcliffe

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

“I want a different manager to David Moyes”

*a finger curls on the monkeys paw *

https://x.com/jacobsteinberg/status/1786385891579105357?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

I'm all for taking the piss out of David Moyes but do West Ham somehow think they've underperformed this season?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

I'm all for taking the piss out of David Moyes but do West Ham somehow think they've underperformed this season?

Apparently yes.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Dudley posted:

There’s a lot of cracks that have been papered over by Areola and Bowen having the best seasons of their lives. Moyes sold two wingers in January with no replacements when the squad depth was already really bad. The defense has been shambolic and we’ve only won 3 games in 2024.

However, if the only other option is replacing him with Lopetegui, I think I’d rather keep Moyes.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

today i feel like a wolve

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

:pray:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

Inshallah

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Dudley posted:

His contract is up so its not a decision about sacking him otherwise I'd definitely agree. Can see why west ham fans want someoen new after we beat them recently lol

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Dudley posted:

no, but his contract is up and it's time for the club to become a shambles again

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jose posted:

His contract is up so its not a decision about sacking him otherwise I'd definitely agree. Can see why west ham fans want someoen new after we beat them recently lol
i’m a moyes fence sitter but i will 100% sympathise with any fan who turned on him after the newcastle match

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
lol

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1786782549894701104

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

idk enough about lopetegui to know if he’ll do well for west ham but i know enough to know that if we do well at all under him he’ll be making kissy faces and batting his eyelashes at every struggling Big Club across europe

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
my guess is West Ham sack Lopetegui in February with the club 15th and appoint Moyes to get out of a relegation fight

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Same but they hire Roy

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

bring back big sam i say

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

vyelkin posted:

my guess is West Ham sack Lopetegui in February with the club 15th and appoint Moyes to get out of a relegation fight

Bogan Krkic posted:

bring back big sam i say

yeah they burn the Moyes bridge, it takes a couple years to re-build. It'll be Allardyce if somebody like Sean Dyche isn't available.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

What’s Van Gaal up to

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

he's 73 this year and has done nothing since Qatar, but I'm sure he's salivating to have West Ham fans get real caremad about their best finish in a generation

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Slab Head injured himself in training and is out for the rest of the season

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Season as in a few weeks or season as in next year, cos Southgate gonna be playing him even if he needs crutches to get on the field.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Good to see Roy Keane still being a little poo poo about Haaland when he does score goals

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1cktnpa/roy_keane_we_saw_erling_haaland_yesterday_being/

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

the man from twitter bullshit, he say Lopetegui In

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1787403553193046141?t=wSF5GGjmE3a4Mu80_TN0WA

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Can't say it's an inspiring change but it's fair to say a change is needed. Kinda disrespectful to Moyes if we announce it before the end of the season tho

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

Can't say it's an inspiring change but it's fair to say a change is needed. Kinda disrespectful to Moyes if we announce it before the end of the season tho

Yeah, it's disrespectful now...

The dude won you a trophy last season and has had to spend the entire time since trying to justify keeping his job while having West Ham probably exactly where they should be in the Premier League while also qualifying for the quarterfinals in Europe.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Winning the Europa Conference, losing Rice and Scamacca, getting into the quarter finals of the Europa League, sitting in the top half of the table, and getting unceremoniously dumped like this. I can only speak as a neutral but it seems like the club are being unreasonable.

You could make the argument that people don't like the style of football but is Lopetegui much of a departure in that area?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

to be fair, if you live in London and want to support a non-meme club, there are (occasionally) better options

West Ham are ideologically built to sign thirty players a season, sell the good ones on to Chelsea, keep one that the fans really like because he publicly endorses fascism, and then finish 15th after flirting with relegation

then Moyes came in and spoilt all of that by making them sit and watch videos of David Unsworth every day

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Moyes to Liverpool

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

West Ham's squad is pretty loving terrible if you remove Bowen, Kudus, and Paqueta which I'm sure the remaining Dildo Brother will do this summer

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
What you are all saying is true but also Moyes plays boring football and we’ve been absolutely terrible in the league post December the last 2 years. He’s also in charge of signings and the only striker he’s ever loved is one legged Michail Antonio.

Give the guy credit for sure for what he’s accomplished but you can’t overlook the rest of it. No idea if Lopetegui is the man for the job but you can’t fault the club for wanting to take a step forward.

Wippersnapper fucked around with this message at 13:19 on May 6, 2024

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The guy who got Wolves 36 points in 27 games with a -10GD and quit because he didn't get the transfer funds he wanted is surely a step forward

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
West Ham have definitely had some eye-catching bad matches in recent months and I can understand people getting fed up that the guy whose entire football brand is that his teams are good defensively and hard to beat has nonetheless led them to losing a bunch of games 6-0 and 5-0 and 5-2, so I can see the argument that the current trajectory is a bad one. But still looking at the long term you have to say Moyes is probably the club's most successful manager this century so it seems quite harsh from the outside.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Losing to Newcastle when the score was 1-3 until the 77th minute is probably worse than the 0-6

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.

Shrapnig posted:

The guy who got Wolves 36 points in 27 games with a -10GD and quit because he didn't get the transfer funds he wanted is surely a step forward

This is true but Moyes also isn’t taking a step forward either.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Thanks Ants posted:

Losing to Newcastle when the score was 1-3 until the 77th minute is probably worse than the 0-6

it can't really have been that late before they collapsed surely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

it can't really have been that late before they collapsed surely

Isak 77'
Barnes 83', 90'