Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

more falafel please posted:

Swarming bees are unlikely to attack because they only swarm when they don't have a hive, and all their protection instincts are about perceived threats to the hive. But having a swarm on the netting during an MLB game would almost certainly disrupt the bees, so it's as much for their benefit as for the players/fans that they get collected.

Oh, I'm not for a minute saying they should have played through it. I'm just talking about the multitude of talking heads throughout the event who acted like the bees were suddenly going to swarm the people like hornets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Apparently this is the first time in Cubs history that they won 18 games in April. :monocle:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://streamable.com/9dp7gr

How do you imbed streambles

Anyway "that's not what you wanna see" has to be my favorite overused announcer thing. It's always what you wanna see

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
So weird to see an actual fight right off the bat instead of a bunch of hold me back bro stuff

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

zoux posted:

Can't really do that since the URL for the mp4 expires and it requires a cookie string.
Edit: I used yt-dlp to download the streamable vid and then uploaded to imgur.
https://i.imgur.com/nYBx3ak.mp4

Nfcknblvbl fucked around with this message at 15:11 on May 1, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's so post 2009 Yankees that they haven't really missed Cole that much and they are losing, as always, because of their dogshit lineup.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol

Edit bonus lol

Edit triple lol

euphronius fucked around with this message at 15:29 on May 1, 2024

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

lol Yankee fans are all that one radio callin guy who's mad that teams don't ever go 162-0

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

It is kind of interesting to me that nobody's running away from their division so far except for the Dodgers.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

zoux posted:

https://streamable.com/9dp7gr

Anyway "that's not what you wanna see" has to be my favorite overused announcer thing. It's always what you wanna see

Thank goodness baseball players don't have a clue how to properly throw a punch

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

zoux posted:

I mean, they had to sign him after he set the record* and it happened to be the offseason where a bunch of 30 year olds were signing 100 year contracts, so I get it. I can only hope it cripples their ability to construct rosters for a decade.

Bregman is currently doing us a solid by playing like absolute dogshit in his walk year so we either don't feel bad when he leaves or we get a good team friendly contract.

The Yankees absolutely should have let Judge walk. They also absolutely could not let Judge walk, because if they were outbid for their own superstar they would no longer be the New York Yankees.

Ya love to see it

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Having a top 10 offense is really hard y'all

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

euphronius posted:

Lol

Edit bonus lol

Edit triple lol

They scored 30 runs in 2 games vs the terrible brewers pitching which is skewing that. Their lineup has been bad to pathetic most of the year. They have been shut out 5 times in a friggin month.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Yeah, I bet no more than one-third of the teams manage it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Tell me about it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Judge just seems unlucky (for him ) on fly balls/ home run ratio at the moment. Every thing else seems close to career normal. He’s still having a good season and is at any moment capable of having like a 12 hr month

Edit

If his strike out and walk rates were tending down I’d be worried

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Intruder posted:

So weird to see an actual fight right off the bat instead of a bunch of hold me back bro stuff

https://twitter.com/nut_history/status/1624946248703696897

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

At least the players had a justifiable reason to clear the benches this time.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

They scored 30 runs in 2 games vs the terrible brewers pitching which is skewing that. Their lineup has been bad to pathetic most of the year. They have been shut out 5 times in a friggin month.

Let's remove those outliers to unskew. *checks notes* looks like you're still 17-12

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

euphronius posted:

Edit triple lol

the astros offense has been pretty incredible considering they've gotten a sub .300 OPS from first base. wonder where this team is even with all their pitching injuries if the bullpen isn't completely awful

ALFbrot posted:

Let's remove those outliers to unskew. *checks notes* looks like you're still 17-12

also you're only allowed to remove the outliers that disprove my point, the ones that support my argument can stay

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So was Bee Guy on retainer or did the Dbacks just call up the first guy they found on google

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

euphronius posted:

Judge just seems unlucky (for him ) on fly balls/ home run ratio at the moment. Every thing else seems close to career normal. He’s still having a good season and is at any moment capable of having like a 12 hr month

Edit

If his strike out and walk rates were tending down I’d be worried

Judge has an OPS in the 750s lol. That isn't a "good season" at all.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Stadiums are huge and beehives being built somewhere in them are pretty common, I think it's standard practice to have a Beehive Removal Person on retainer/on call. Obviously the hives are usually found and removed outside of gametime hours.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

754 ops is well above average I.e. “good”

That’s a pretty standard and consensus meaning of the word.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Adding: his ops will go way up once the hr/fb luck corrects to his career norms

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

judge is nearly 100 points below his career average babip lol he'll be fine

also isn't he playing injured

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Babip can go down as a player ages due to less speed and less hard hit balls. He is hitting it a tad less hard. I don’t know how well he’s running compared to other years

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

mcmagic take the L bro

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
mcmagic never take the L, fight forever

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Intruder posted:

when isn't he

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

euphronius posted:

Babip can go down as a player ages due to less speed and less hard hit balls. He is hitting it a tad less hard. I don’t know how well he’s running compared to other years

His hard hit% is still 54% which is really loving good

average exit velocity is 94.6

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He's got some kind of permanent toe tendinopathy

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Intruder posted:

The injury is what I'd be worried about, and the next one and the next one

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Intruder posted:

judge is nearly 100 points below his career average babip lol he'll be fine

there has been no reporting that he's injured this season.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

mcmagic never take the L, fight forever

yeah not sure why I'm trying to intrude on his be miserable about everything forever deal

post/username combo I know

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kirios posted:

mcmagic take the L bro

take the L on what? that the yankees are a good hitting team despite what my lying eyes tell me because of 2 games vs the brewers?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I agree with McMagic kind of, that lineup doesn't seem that good to my eyes. When Judge isn't hitting they look awfully mid

but I just looked at the stats and they're not mid! they just kinda seem like a team full of geezers I guess

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The Yankees have been really bad offensively with the exception of Juan Soto. Don't forget to look on the bright side: it's 20% of the way through the season and it can get much worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Edit an actual bad team for comparison