Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Dr. Cool Aids)

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

speaking of Ryan gosling I did the ol Barbie-Oppemheimer double feature on the flight lol. Both good films. Obviously insane tonal whiplash

I did them both on release day, Barbie first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Dysgenesis posted:

I recommend flamazine and cling film.

Yeah I just did the usual putting it under cold water but I was in the middle of service and didn't have time to sort it out proper booooo.

Finished my shift and popped a burn gel "bandage" on top and tied it on loosely with whatever the non adhesive breathable bandage was. Feels better now, just got a bit of a blister coming up and gonna have a gnarly little scar for a while :3:

I'll keep a close eye on it and go to the walk in centre if it starts to look funky or smell.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I once got barged into by someone in a McDs kitchen and thought "yes, I'll just put my hands out to brace myself" and ended up with a burn and blister the size of my thumb on the palm of my hand. The various other burns from either randomly dripping shortening or from the bun toaster I just ignored

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

in the something awful font "burn" looks like "bum" :mcrappe:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Microplastics posted:

Which one did you watch first?

barbie lol. lady cool aids said it was good and it was the only one I planned on watching til I realised how loving long oppenheimer was. On a 14 hour flight it's good to have something that'll kill 3 hours

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Turns out it's a shelduck.

Now I have a duck called Ryan.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

in the something awful font "burn" looks like "bum" :mcrappe:

i had a shaman in WoW back in the day called burnsmasher and in an update they messed with the in-game fonts such that for a wonderful year or so i was Bumsmasher

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

the bumming crusade

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the scots celebrate bums night

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

rabbie bums, or so ive heard

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

kecske posted:

rabbie bums, or so ive heard

loremem

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I just got a fine for reverse parking in laguna beach lmao wtf

deano
Sep 6, 2000

fridge corn posted:

I don't drink starbucks, I take tea, my dear
I like my toast done on one side
And you can see it in my parking when I reverse
I'm an Englishman in California

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

fridge corn posted:

I think the yanks have that because they don’t have plates on the front of the car and easier for them to give traffic tickets or something.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Front parking is far harder than reverse parking IMO

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

Strategic Tea posted:

Front parking is far harder than reverse parking IMO

Incorrect

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Assert your dominance and parallel park across multiple parking bays

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

some older car parks have 1970s car size bays so that ends up happening regardless when someone rolls up in their xc90

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
front parkers are weirdos. it's more difficult to do, more difficult and less safe getting out, just all around there are zero benefits to it.

also if you drive an XC90, an X5, Q8 or other similarly tank-sized vehicle it should be forcibly removed from you and cubed at the roadside. gently caress those cars and the people who drive them

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 12:17 on May 18, 2024

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Woke tories won't let me park my CYBERTRVKKK

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Just bought tickets for theatre production of spirited away for my weekend visit to UK at end of June

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Can't believe they made anime real

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

The only acceptable reason to go forwards into a parking bay is to go through to park in the bay behind it.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Parking forwards is acceptable at Costco, where the spaces are angled, wide, and you're loading lots of stuff into the boot.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Last time I went forwards into a spot was at QA Hospital before my annual neuro appointment. Made a bit of mess of it, so reversed out a bit to give myself a bit more room and of course, someone else in the car park thought I was reversing out to leave and was I imagine not too happy when I drove back into the spot and turned the car off. I usually reverse in because almost every I've worked in the last decade has insisted on reversing in for health and safety reasons

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'm glad everyone agrees with me that yanks are stupid and front parking is dumb

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I've updated the OP with links to other UK threads!!!!!!!!!!!

if there's anything else that needs adding then let me know :3:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

fridge corn posted:

I'm glad everyone agrees with me that yanks are stupid and front parking is dumb

I front park all the time cos it's easier to load in the shopping :(

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Just paid £3 for a cookie because I felt guilty about charging my phone in the cafe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
My road has been blocked off because a small hole has appeared