Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

I don't care if it doesn't make sense in the TV show world, I want season 2 to include the classic Bethesda "NPC does walking animation into a table while trying to talk to you".

Tim Cain on his youtube channel talks about how he saw one of the extras unmistakably doing one of the classic fallout 1 or 2 walk cycles in the background of one scene.

Sunday Morning posted:

They should do a "bloopers reel" of classic Bethesda game bugs ruining actual scenes.

Oh that would be a great. All the production crew seemed to of played enough fallout you know they'd have a hell of a long list of ones to chose from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
At the minimum, have someone walk into an A/B shot of two people talking. Have someone give some exposition, and another character just walks into the shot and stares at the camera.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

At the minimum, have someone walk into an A/B shot of two people talking. Have someone give some exposition, and another character just walks into the shot and stares at the camera.

Someone needs to shoot Norman dead, then 10 seconds later he gets back up completely unharmed

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Sunday Morning posted:

They should do a "bloopers reel" of classic Bethesda game bugs ruining actual scenes.

That would be amazing.

Someone puts an object down on a table. It vibrates for a few seconds, then launches itself into the ceiling.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
One thing I was unclear on was when Steph said she came from Vault 31 was she lying or in on the scam?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Vakal posted:

One thing I was unclear on was when Steph said she came from Vault 31 was she lying or in on the scam?

She is listed on the panel that says who was unfrozen.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cojawfee posted:

She is listed on the panel that says who was unfrozen.

And she is sent to 32 and is named as interim overseer there, which was so blatant that even her intentionally blinkered new partner couldn't help but understand what was going on.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Two episodes in and i feel like the characters borrowed the teleporters from Game of Thrones to get places, and meet right when they must in order to get the plot moving

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

dr_rat posted:

Tim Cain on his youtube channel talks about how he saw one of the extras unmistakably doing one of the classic fallout 1 or 2 walk cycles in the background of one scene.

Oh that would be a great. All the production crew seemed to of played enough fallout you know they'd have a hell of a long list of ones to chose from.

The first guy Lucy meets is doing that walk too, the guy who had never been over the hill to Filly.

And watching Lucy killing someone with a 10mm, followed by them just catapulting over the horizon after they fall down would be neat too.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
lol I just had that happen tonight. I killed a guy and then went to where I killed him after the fight was over. Couldn't find him. Looked around and saw a hand, so I looted that. Then I look up and the rest of the body is across the river.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

mp5 posted:

Two episodes in and i feel like the characters borrowed the teleporters from Game of Thrones to get places, and meet right when they must in order to get the plot moving

The Ghoul has already explored the whole map so he's just using fast travel waypoints.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
There's a scene of an NPC marking a quest location on Lucy's pipboy too

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
“Thanks for not shooting me with your gun! You’re a nice person.”

+1 Karma

What a fun and silly show. I think it’s the best video game to live action entertainment I’ve ever seen. I’d put it up there with the first series of Castlevania too. Hell, if next season is just as goofy and fun I’d be willing to kick it up into the number two spot directly below Captain N: The Game Master.

Robobot fucked around with this message at 14:56 on May 18, 2024

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

There's a scene of an NPC marking a quest location on Lucy's pipboy too

I liked that they made no effort to show how twiddling a dial would let you set precise map coordinate in less that 10 seconds.

Some things are better when you just make no effort to explain them.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I liked that they made no effort to show how twiddling a dial would let you set precise map coordinate in less that 10 seconds.

Some things are better when you just make no effort to explain them.

Yeah, it's really best they never go into how you're meant to actually use a pipboy, as if you look at it, it has like two dials and four buttons or something close to that, and realistically it would be god drat hell to actually do the stuff you're meant to be able to using just them.

There's no way copious swearing wouldn't be involved ever time you use it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Like hacking slicing a door panel in Star Wars.

There's like two big red buttons, three white ones and maybe some hexagons. What they hell are they doing? But nope, the shot always just cuts away to the person next to the one trying to break through the door's "encryption" or have a droid stick their dick into it.

And yet, it works, because the aesthetics of the things feel 'real' even though we never see their actual use.

e: this, lol

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 18, 2024

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

get a load of this guy, doesn't know how to use the three holes XD

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

get a load of this guy, doesn't know how to use the three holes XD

I always assumed the big ones are "open" and "close" in very industrial and forever-lasting designed button design, and the third small one is a datajack to lock the thing with the pipboy USB-plug they sometimes use with machines, especially Vault doors.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
They’re not buttons, and besides that you should never use the same color for open and close.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

They’re not buttons, and besides that you should never use the same color for open and close.

Hey, when you need to get a space station built that's as big as a small moon, sometime you run out of different coloured buttons and cut corners. A couple of floors are just a long corridor that goes past all the elevators, and doesn't actually lead anywhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

We see Sabine slice a door in Rebels by inputting specific patterns (Most prominently during the S3 premier, I believe?), but still no real explanation for how it actually works

I'll take "Characters knows how it works in-universe without having to turn to the camera and explain how it works" any day of the week - it's its own kind of storytelling

Just yet another weird gamism that doesn't really translate to real life, I suppose - it's goofy that it's a diegetic thing