Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Crazy Ted posted:

The Wolves win in Denver and my three-year-old is finally toilet trained.

I don't think this weekend could possibly get any better.

ant edwards was sinking cheerios from inside the womb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Lockback posted:

It's actually a moral victory for the Lakers

:hmmyes:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm honestly surprised the Nuggets bench scored as much as they did. And both teams shot pretty well from 3.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Honestly the coolest thing about Ant tonight: he did all that and turned the ball over only once.

havelock posted:

Congrats on the milestones

Twolves are fun as hell
:hfive:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/MattHelgeson/status/1786937491225727086

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Look I don't think JR smith is the worst comp.

JR Smith if JR smith had a solid basketball brain and motivation would have been a really really good basketball player.

JR Smith is in that like Josh Smith player comp of like, having the perfect body and traits to be an elite player, but could never put it together mentally.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Ant = cool and awesome dunks
JR Smith = cool and awesome dunks

Checks out

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Coby White being the first comp is an amazing double self burn by the ringer.

MystOpportunity
Jun 27, 2004
Jokic had looked really sloppy at stretches - whole Q1 of todays game, for example, and seems way more limited in his ability to take the game over. Is this just the product of playoff defense, or is he not playing up to his highest level just yet?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MystOpportunity posted:

Jokic had looked really sloppy at stretches - whole Q1 of todays game, for example, and seems way more limited in his ability to take the game over. Is this just the product of playoff defense, or is he not playing up to his highest level just yet?

It's because the Wolves stick their non-Rudy big on him when they can and deny all his passing lanes because they can disrupt all the passing lanes with Rudy/Ant/Jaden/NAW

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Winberwolves

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

It brings me no joy to say this but kcp is too small

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
lol ringer, but rookie season comps, not pre-draft

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

turns out I can't read...

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 11:30 on May 5, 2024

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

It's because the Wolves stick their non-Rudy big on him when they can and deny all his passing lanes because they can disrupt all the passing lanes with Rudy/Ant/Jaden/NAW

Yeah the Wolves are a bit of a nightmare matchup for Denver because they're extremely long and can gently caress with Jokic's savant like passing vision. He still made some incredible passes today, particularly on skip passes, so I think he can figure it out.

Jamal being total rear end has also neutralized some of their most effective plays. If he can find his shot they can go to the two man game more frequently

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

At least once, Rudy baited him into a lob then deflected the pass. Amazing defense.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kingcobweb posted:

At least once, Rudy baited him into a lob then deflected the pass. Amazing defense.

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/1786928550156874169

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It is kind of wild that the idea of the inevitability of Jokic became so pervasive--and I'll put myself in this, I definitely bought in--that people forgot that it wasn't that long ago that the accepted way to beat Denver in the playoffs was to have a good defensive center and another long guy to get in his line of sight, and hope Murray didn't get hot/was injured and out of the playoffs. Like obviously Jokic is very great but if you make him make 100 decisions a night and no one pulls some of the pressure off him, Denver is beatable even if he has a good scoring game himself. It's really early and this Denver team is more complete than those teams of the past (although they didn't necessarily play like it today) but it was at least and "oh yeah" (Beavis voice) moment.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Rick posted:

It is kind of wild that the idea of the inevitability of Jokic became so pervasive--and I'll put myself in this, I definitely bought in--that people forgot that it wasn't that long ago that the accepted way to beat Denver in the playoffs was to have a good defensive center and another long guy to get in his line of sight, and hope Murray didn't get hot/was injured and out of the playoffs. Like obviously Jokic is very great but if you make him make 100 decisions a night and no one pulls some of the pressure off him, Denver is beatable even if he has a good scoring game himself. It's really early and this Denver team is more complete than those teams of the past (although they didn't necessarily play like it today) but it was at least and "oh yeah" (Beavis voice) moment.

im calling it now: after tonight, denver is dead and jokic is the most overrated player in the history of human sports

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Rick posted:

This game is i think where they miss bruce brown and jeff green a lot, previously, MPJ playing well kinda papered over this but peyton watson is not really a substitute for those guys.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I don't like Denver's chances if Naz Reid continues to erupt for 14 points every fourth quarter.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I think it would be best if we totally overreacted to this game one.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i like the timberwolves and denver and wish they weren't playing each other that said go wolves. ant man is cool.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

jeff green was not good last year! what they really miss is the good version of playoff jamal murray

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

What Denver needs is another "Nuggets mascot comes down from the rafters looking like he's in a noose" moment before Game Two to spur the team to victory in memory of Rocky the Mountain Lion.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Jokic has won a title and like 9 or 10 mvps already, I think the inevitability has arrived

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

nachos posted:

Jokic has won a title and like 9 or 10 mvps already, I think the inevitability has arrived

im not joking: i can’t even remember the last year that jokic didn’t win the title

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Jeff green is whatever, losing him doesn’t matter. However losing Brown matters a lot. Having a 6th man who can effectively sub for positions 1-4 matters a lot for a team that really only wants to play 6 or 7 dudes in a playoff rotation is a really invaluable resource and this version of the Nugs misses that a lot.

That said Jokic is Jokic so it might not matter

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://x.com/DaneMooreNBA/status/1786938608856776905

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Hell, same

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Naz Reid

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rick posted:

It is kind of wild that the idea of the inevitability of Jokic became so pervasive--
Maybe somebody less lazy can confirm this for me but i was actually shocked to see in the playoff prediction thread what looked like more picks for the Wolves than for the Nuggets.

Much higher percentage of picks going to the Thunder which surprised me a little but then I remembered Jason Kidd coaches the Mavs.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Jeff green is whatever, losing him doesn’t matter. However losing Brown matters a lot. Having a 6th man who can effectively sub for positions 1-4 matters a lot for a team that really only wants to play 6 or 7 dudes in a playoff rotation is a really invaluable resource and this version of the Nugs misses that a lot.

That said Jokic is Jokic so it might not matter

Yeah it's this. I think depth is a little overrated in the playoffs but you need some and brown gave you flexibility. Denver is still a really really good team though and this series is far from over.

Fast Luck posted:

Maybe somebody less lazy can confirm this for me but i was actually shocked to see in the playoff prediction thread what looked like more picks for the Wolves than for the Nuggets.

Much higher percentage of picks going to the Thunder which surprised me a little but then I remembered Jason Kidd coaches the Mavs.

Playoff prediction is way more vibes than, like, betting lines and there's a outsized portion of wolves fans on this board. That said I'd like to take credit for swaying this forum and thus the world to the Wolves side.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Fast Luck posted:

I mean, I picked the Wolves as copium that maybe the Suns weren't actually as bad as they looked and Minnesota is just coming together at exactly the right time, which, maybe??

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Fast Luck posted:

Thunder are also just a better team, have home court, and mavs just lost a key rotational piece in maxi kleber.

If mavs win it will be because an epic Luka carry job.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

For all we know, it could be Kyrie with the carry job in that series. Not sure how much carrying Luka can do on that knee.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Papes posted:

Thunder are also just a better team, have home court, and mavs just lost a key rotational piece in maxi kleber.

If mavs win it will be because an epic Luka carry job.

If the Mavs win literally any series it’s because Luka carried them.Thats how being the best player on the team works

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

anakha posted:

For all we know, it could be Kyrie with the carry job in that series. Not sure how much carrying Luka can do on that knee.

which knee

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Imo Jamal Murray should try playing well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Papercut posted:

Imo Jamal Murray should try playing well

It’s not a desperate enough situation in the series yet.