Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

However I can answer any I2C questions you might have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

ryanrs posted:

I have not actually used any of my routers to route packets, ha ha. I am still working on baseline functionality. Don't ask me about add-ons, I have no idea at all.

fair

ryanrs posted:

However I can answer any I2C questions you might have.

i may take you up on that, i'm still trying to figure out how to get my chromebook's fingerprint reader to work. i was poking through the DSDT this past weekend and i think it's i2c but honestly it's such a mess i'm not sure it's the right device

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
gnu snowboards

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
more like gnu what in the world is that odor

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
you know what they say, "out with the old, in with the gnucleus"

whoops

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

that guy was my topology professor

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

rotor posted:

that guy was my topology professor

that was topiary professor, rotor

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

we are the topiary creatures
we’re very pleased to meetcha
señors y señoritas too
despite the animals we feature
we promise to never eatcha
we just sing very sweet for you
putt putt saves the zoo, zoo, zoo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the gently caress is going on in this thread

i'm going to pray for everybody on the last five pages.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

it's a good thread jonny

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it is now, since i summoned the redemptive light of Christ to purge you all of your hideous sins

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

it is now, since i summoned the redemptive light of Christ to purge you all of your hideous sins

PR rejected lmao

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Captain Foo posted:

PR rejected lmao

ill try again in 3 days

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

it is very funny that the new yospos os is now Linux. macOS is the os of our hearts, and we will hang a portrait on our bedroom wall to remind us of it

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

ill try again in 3 days

lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
oh cool shithead got me a new avatar i guess. hilarious

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

bazinga lol

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

it is very funny that the new yospos os is now Linux. macOS is the os of our hearts, and we will hang a portrait on our bedroom wall to remind us of it

rms was right about one thing, linux is not an os. it is one of the few good components of a bunch of garbage ones though.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

mac os x 10.6 "snow leopard" is the os of our hearts. just about as perfect as an os can be

modern macos sucks, that's why i use linux now

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

eh modern macOS is p good still. I can’t think of anything that makes me mad about it other than not being able to install it on a non-Apple product

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

hey European Union I have an idea

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

eh modern macOS is p good still. I can’t think of anything that makes me mad about it other than not being able to install it on a non-Apple product

the ui is much worse imo. they went too far in making it like ios

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

oh yeah I don’t mind that part at all. it still whips rear end compared to windows and a bunch of Linux stuff

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

like snow leopard was obviously better on the UI side but the modern flat bullshit isn’t bad enough to drive me from enjoying using it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol i can see why you like gnome

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

oh cool shithead got me a new avatar i guess. hilarious

didn't come from me. a) I wouldn't spend :10bux: on you and b) if I did, I would do better than that

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

rotor posted:

there's a lot of things i'm prepared to tolerate funny computer jokes about but this isnt one of them

youre loss

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

shitface posted:

didn't come from me. a) I wouldn't spend :10bux: on you and b) if I did, I would do better than that

good and agreed it's hideous

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

good and agreed it's hideous

yeah it’s linux

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

macos is still my fave but linux is a darling i love it too. i think we can all agree windows is the real pos

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

git apologist posted:

macos is still my fave but linux is a darling i love it too. i think we can all agree windows is the real pos

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

lol at beeftweeters new avatar

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

git apologist posted:

it was fine until they started bolting on linux

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

more like winblows heh........

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Micro$oft

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
Make me king, as we move toward a, gnu world order
A Mac install is boring; but Microsoft is
close to post-mortem, Windows grows fatter
CPU grows hotter, it blows paste all over

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

rotor posted:

Micro$oft

reported

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
playing with openWRT has ruled, i'm switching my main router to one that can run it ASAP

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

just a shame openwrt is so unelegant to update on x86

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah openwrt is good and LuCI is even pretty easy to use. i was gonna compile my own image over the weekend since asus-merlin is EOLing my model, but i guess i'll just use the image builder if it's Good Enough

the last time i messed with openwrt it was new and didn't work well, idk how well it works now

skip compiling Y/N?

e: hmm the defaults,

seem pretty decent, i'm not sure what else i would want included. adguard home maybe? would i need a custom uci-defaults for that since it provides dns and dhcp?

i also remember wanting to customize the crap out of the default busybox (adding bashism support, some utilities that aren't default), would it be easily replaceable with an imagebuilder image or should i just compile it on my own anyway?

do you mean using the imagebuilder or actually compiling? because, having done both, i can assure you that the binary imagebuilder is FAR less of a pain in the rear end and compiling is basically unnecessary unless you really need to run at the bleeding edge