Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

whypick1 posted:

32 seems to be a foregone conclusion and 36 isn't out of the question.

Yeah, I think 32 has been an internal goal for years.

36 would be insanity, but they'd, naturally, do it for the right price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I still say 36 is when pro/rel comes into play.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I think they would split the league into more conferences before pro/rel ever got adopted. Though I think you could do something fun with a pro/rel system made up of just different tiers of MLS.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
So what seems to have happened is that Don Garber met with the Indy mayor and convinced him to back out of the Indy Eleven stadium deal for the chance of maybe getting an MLS expansion. As always, gently caress DON GARBER.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
You know how the league has been unnecessarily opaque about how each team's roster is constructed and what their budgets are? Well, we got half of that now (because the other half would probably reveal how much Miami is cheating).

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

N: Cavan Sullivan to play for Philadelphia Union, and transfer to Man City at 18

V: Freddy A-Deux

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
All of the young players for FCC look like total studs. Kevin has played like 40 minutes and I already love the man. He's not my favorite though that is absolutely Luca.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
wish Chicago could get a good manager like *checks notes* Phil Neville

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
sorry about that

e: wrong thread and I’m not really sorry

paddyboat fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 12, 2024

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Who is this and is he good

https://twitter.com/MLSMoves/status/1790066311810134347?t=NOPM040uH7iGfsXHzobbYw&s=19

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

you're joking right

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nostradingus posted:

you're joking right

I am literally trying to get into soccer because San Dieho has a team now, i assure you I am not joking

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hate the MLS refs so bad. The entire pool are basically Angel Hernandez's who didn't skip cardio.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

a neat cape posted:

I am literally trying to get into soccer because San Dieho has a team now, i assure you I am not joking

Then yes, he's very good, probably good enough to stunt on MLS even in a year when his contract expires and someone less rich than the literal oil sheikhs who currently employ him might pick him up on a retirement contract.

But another thing you'll learn getting into soccer is which transfer rumours and sources to give any weight to, and that's very much not one of them.

edit: lol, I was mostly talking about HITC, I didn't even realise that it was good old Will Forbes citing them

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 14, 2024

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
One of the nice things about being an FCC fan is the big team podcast features a labor lawyer who poopsocks MLS roster construction rules so the rest of us don't have to. It's amazing how many times they talk about some story being talked up on Twitter and he's like "MLS teams aren't contractually allowed to bid against each other for this player so the stories are bullshit."

Even after hearing him talk about it for 20 minutes you don't come away from it thinking you understand things because it seems like it's basically Calvinball.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Eifert Posting posted:

One of the nice things about being an FCC fan is the big team podcast features a labor lawyer who poopsocks MLS roster construction rules so the rest of us don't have to. It's amazing how many times they talk about some story being talked up on Twitter and he's like "MLS teams aren't contractually allowed to bid against each other for this player so the stories are bullshit."

Even after hearing him talk about it for 20 minutes you don't come away from it thinking you understand things because it seems like it's basically Calvinball.

I mean, OP Emeritus Hoover Dam (pbuh) regularly referred to MLS roster rules as Calvinball on weed, if that gives you an idea on how it's historically been.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

a neat cape posted:

This is the equivalent of a rumor that Travis Kelce is going to sign for a UFL team.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

lol Toronto

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Austin to host next year's MLS All-Star Game

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Hooray!

God, I hope it doesn’t cost a million dollars to go…

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Rogue0071 posted:

This is the equivalent of a rumor that Travis Kelce is going to sign for a UFL team.

I mean there was also a rumor that De Bruyne was having his interest tested by teams in Saudi Arabia too, so it’s not out of nowhere.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Huh, did not expect this to be the first firing of the season: Nashville and Gary Smith part ways

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

2024 MLSPA Salary Guide

Not sure which numbers look worse, Toronto's Italian duo or Shaqiri.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

whypick1 posted:

2024 MLSPA Salary Guide

Not sure which numbers look worse, Toronto's Italian duo or Shaqiri.

Regrettably Toronto's Italians actually look relatively bought in this year so the answer is clearly Shaqiri

on the bright side if they keep getting half their team suspended for starting fights after close losses they should continue achieving results like letting Nashville, a team literally about to fire their manager for his infamous offensive ineptitude, score

twice

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Adam Susman, radio for the Timbers, wasn't happy.

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1790955468321677451

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lol.

I dunno about coach but I'd gladly pull the refs off a grade school soccer match and give them a shot over these assholes.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Eifert Posting posted:

Lol.

I dunno about coach but I'd gladly pull the refs off a grade school soccer match and give them a shot over these assholes.

I mean, they kind of did that earlier this season? And we hated it?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Edward Mass posted:

I mean, they kind of did that earlier this season? And we hated it?

Speak for yourself.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

The toilet paper ad right after that was :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

In fairness, that first half was rear end