Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Second Hand Meat Mouth)

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

It's the many people have told me they do not like my posting lawsuit guy.

also he started posting a lot n-words (hard R edition) recently

epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
n-word (taylors version)

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

n-word (taylors version)

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

n-word (taylors version)

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

n-word (taylors version)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

n-word (taylors version)

Zodar
May 21, 2007

n-word (taylors version)

lol

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

n-word (taylors version)

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

n-word (taylors version)

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
stumbled upon a tiktok of an autistic guy in Chicago talking about empathy and I had to pause it after a few seconds bc it was like looking into a mirror. exact same speech patterns, physical tics, everything. dude's even an artist. I was like "is this my loving doppelganger?"

luckily we have different names or else I'd have a heart attack

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
and then you turned on your monitor

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

rudecyrus posted:

stumbled upon a tiktok of an autistic guy in Chicago talking about empathy and I had to pause it after a few seconds bc it was like looking into a mirror. exact same speech patterns, physical tics, everything. dude's even an artist. I was like "is this my loving doppelganger?"

luckily we have different names or else I'd have a heart attack

Post it

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Thinking of getting a graduate diploma in autism from the university of Wollongong

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

If you're autistic you should watch Mars Express, it's the most autistic (laudatory) thing I've seen since Pantheon (2019)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

tokin opposition posted:

If you're autistic you should watch Mars Express, it's the most autistic (laudatory) thing I've seen since Pantheon (2019)

ahh why didn't you tell me sooner

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I found out about it, and watched it, today. Sorry friend, hope you get the VOD.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
i get all the VDs

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
VODs*

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTL4gpNSe/

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
How is that not empathy?

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
It isn't exactly how empathy works for most people. Grain of salt here as my brain is weird, but for me, it's like I pick up on a bunch of stuff and start feeling an approximation of the same way, and vice versa. I get enmeshed in them a bit. Like the mirror neurons fire up ,and I see something that I understand in them and vice versa, without that layer of translation or reasoning.

But that can be both misleading and dysfunctional. For example, a lot of people with borderline personality disorder are extremely empathetic in that way, and that's a big part of the problem. Every interaction is destabilizing to them, and they have maladaptive strategies for navigating it.

It's overwhelming for many people though, and it's a lifelong process to learn how to navigate it. IMO a lot of the ways that people with autism talk about 'neurotypical' people is more about unhealthy 'neurotypical' people, ie nearly everyone.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001