Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Subjunctive posted:

did you play PL? that’s the peak Cyberpunk mission design, IMO

I didnt yet , no, but i did hear they put their best into PL. I do play on playing that at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

strategery posted:

I didnt yet , no, but i did hear they put their best into PL. I do play on playing that at some point.

it unlocks a new ending so when you play it make sure you beat the main game again.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Just beat Far Cry: New Dawn.

What a pointless game. Kinda pretty but all Far Cry games are pretty and it's not weird-pretty enough to make it notable. The villains are a pair of twins who appear to just be evil because "it's fun," the actual connects to Far Cry 5 are shallow and come real late and have no payoff. Big waste of time, this game.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

credburn posted:

Just beat Far Cry: New Dawn.

What a pointless game. Kinda pretty but all Far Cry games are pretty and it's not weird-pretty enough to make it notable. The villains are a pair of twins who appear to just be evil because "it's fun," the actual connects to Far Cry 5 are shallow and come real late and have no payoff. Big waste of time, this game.

Far Cry titles are video game slop but ND is bad even by that standard. I made it up the end when the cult leader guy turns into Frankenstein and couldn't even be bothered to finish it.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Just beat 1000xResist, and man what an unexpected gem it turned out to be. It is purely a narrative walking simulator with very light gameplay, but it's one hell of a narrative. It's got a bunch big sci-fi ideas and it's not afraid to absolutely swing for the fences even on a modest budget. I'm hesitant to spoil anything, but the basic conceit is that you're reliving the memories of a person who had a central role in an apocalypse that pretty much wiped out humanity. They're often jumbled and out of chronological order, which makes for an intriguing mystery as you're trying to piece everything together bit by bit. The steady drip-feed of little revelations had me hooked real good to the point where I could hardly put it down. I ended up playing through the whole thing in just three sittings, one of them like 5 hours in one go, which I haven't done for any game in years.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Perestroika posted:

Just beat 1000xResist, and man what an unexpected gem it turned out to be. It is purely a narrative walking simulator with very light gameplay, but it's one hell of a narrative. It's got a bunch big sci-fi ideas and it's not afraid to absolutely swing for the fences even on a modest budget. I'm hesitant to spoil anything, but the basic conceit is that you're reliving the memories of a person who had a central role in an apocalypse that pretty much wiped out humanity. They're often jumbled and out of chronological order, which makes for an intriguing mystery as you're trying to piece everything together bit by bit. The steady drip-feed of little revelations had me hooked real good to the point where I could hardly put it down. I ended up playing through the whole thing in just three sittings, one of them like 5 hours in one go, which I haven't done for any game in years.

I saw some stuff about that, it seemed neat!

How long was the entire game?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Perestroika posted:

I'm interested in it for the plot but the art design is v repulsive to me.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I beat Arctic Eggs a game about frying eggs for starving people in a weird psychedelic cyberpunk city where chickens are illegal. It has good music, poignant conversations with guys on toilets, frying pan physics, and the age-old question, can you fry an egg on Mount Everest?

Check it out on Steam, I played it on the Steam Deck and it worked great.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Ineffiable posted:

About 10 hours if you just rush through the story, There’s tons of optional conversations to have though (all worthwhile as the dialog is stellar) so completionist is around 15.

And yes absolutely stellar game. One of the best narratives I’ve experienced and I doubt anything will beat it for my GOTY.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Just beat Like a Dragon: Ishin! and had a good time overall with my 40 hour trek!

Story was nice, though I felt a bit bad that I wasn't keeping track of specifics that well at times: I like the political intrigue and mystery, but there were so many factions and aliases to keep track of and the helpful glossary feature they had really didn't cover aspects as much as I'd like. I'm also not that aware of the history this is based off of so I'm not getting the deeper meaning and divergences: coming into this I only knew a small bit about Sakamoto Ryoma, being someone who kind of flip-flopped from being hardline against foreigners to being the face of East/West fusion, donning a kimono but wearing western shoes, and yes, carrying both a katana and a pistol. Because of this I was a bit confused as to how that aspect wasn't played up: yes, he preaches equality and he has the Wild Dancer stance, but it really felt like he was traditional samurai man through and through, constantly using just the Swordmaster stance in cutscenes and ignoring guns. But then again, this has a whole alternate history and identity crisis, so perhaps it is intentional.

I'm surprised at how much I got into the side activities, or rather, how much I didn't get annoyed at how much it pushes you into them! Usually I'd say I only dip my toes into the side activities, maybe just doing the big ones like Business Management or the Cabaret Club to completion, but skipping out on plenty of side stories and minor activities like Pocket Circuit (blasphemy, I know). But in Ishin I was doing everything and enjoying myself: fishing, another home, friendships, dojo training, dungeons, arenas, scarecrow manor, selling udon, and so on and so forth. I'm even tempted to go in for Platinum Adventure which is something I've never done yet! Wonder if it's because of the way you get virtue for everything, at least as a little 'number-go-up' incentive. As said, I'm sure it would've infuriated me if I was trying to focus on the main story because the side activities are constantly popping up when you're just trying to walk down the street, blocking you off, but I was ok with it. In fact, I'm almost curious how the game would feel to skip those: I swear some chapters only felt long because I was fishing and doing other stuff, whereas if I did the main quest, it would've just been going to a place, talking to someone, and boom, chapter over!

Combat was pretty cool with a lot of neat stances which I enjoyed switching between to match the scenario, but it was pretty awkward as well. Ishin, like any other Yakuza game, involves a protagonist who never kills people, yet unlike any other Yakuza game which involves punches and kicks which could be handwaved, having your main combat involve swords and guns makes that very hard to believe. It's for that reason I tried super hard to use Brawler a lot, especially in scenes where I felt like Ryoma wouldn't want to kill people, but it's just so drat weak, even if you try and upgrade it through any means possible, like putting a bunch of brawling powerups on your armor. Moving on from that, the Gunman stance also feels very boring and exploitative, and I'm sure the Trooper abilities could probably be just as well if I got deeper into them, particularly the DLC ones. Skill tree could be pretty bad at times too with a lot of useless upgrades or important upgrades being stuck way too deep in the tree (like stance switching being deep in Brawler, which as said, is a pain to level up). Also has that common Yakuza combat weirdness where you deal with a bunch of overly-superarmored enemies. I still liked it a lot, though, especially Wild Dancer and Swordmaster.

For my next game, as tempting as it is to check out Kiwami, I'll probably move onto the Judgment series, as I've heard that has some of the best combat, and I've been enjoying playing all of the spinoffs (went from 0 to 7 to Ishin).

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

As mentioned above, it's in the 10-hour range. Personally I blasted through it in just 8, but mostly because I got so hooked on finding out more about the core story and always rushed to find out what was behind the next bend. 12-ish for a more completionist pace seems likely. Having slept on it, I'm already kinda hankering to give it another go right away to find all the side content.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I'm interested in it for the plot but the art design is v repulsive to me.

For what it's worth, the art direction and general aesthetics aren't just the game being twee for no reason, it does tie into the overall story and themes. For a small spoiler (not much beyond what's shown on the steam store page): They're essentially the result of a traumatized teenage girl trying to rebuild a human society from first principles. Her personal fashion choices and lingo become dominant because there's nothing else around that could replace them.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I finished Forspoken and I don't think Ive played a game where the writing, from dialog, lore, pacing, and plot have failed it that comprehensively and badly. The actual gameplay, especially the DLC is not bad at all (the main game its overstuffed) so its just infuriating how bad the things surrounding it just implode the experience.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Perestroika posted:

Does the writing change after the first hour? I refunded the game after ~30 minutes because people kept speaking literal nonsense (that I'm sure makes sense later but it failed to hook me).

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Beat Crow Country. It's a great mix of Silent Hill/early Resident Evil with kinda FF7-style blobby characters. Despite the inspiration, the backgrounds are not prerendered and you can freely turn the camera. The atmosphere, music and puzzles were great, combat is exactly what I'd expect from this type of retro-inspired game - serviceable but doesn't detract from the experience in any way and it's not too hard. Ammo and healing items are plentiful, and there's no inventory limits/inventory tetris which I appreciate a lot! I didn't have to look up anything which I'd say puts it in the more accessible spectrum of puzzle games.

All in all a very good game and I can easily recommend it. After finishing it it seems there's bonus item unlocks and more to see. First playthrough took me ~7 hours.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

lordfrikk posted:

Does the writing change after the first hour? I refunded the game after ~30 minutes because people kept speaking literal nonsense (that I'm sure makes sense later but it failed to hook me).

Yea I felt the same way in the beginning, and yes it does. And I’m really glad I stuck with it.

The reason why they speak that way is the lines they say are based on the poem that their “mother” wrote when she was a teenager, which for them is essentially a religious text.

Trust us. The writing is phenomenal. I was put off in the beginning as well.

You were also where the writing was about to change, or be more normal.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 18, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished Sand Land by the end I was feeling a bit frustrated with this JRPG because it was getting to be way too long, and the last chapter goes on forever. There are also stealth sections though out the game, and multiple in the last chapter. So many cutscenes and dialog. But I really liked the characters, and the vehicle combat is something I want to see more of in RPGs.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Barudak posted:

I finished Forspoken and I don't think Ive played a game where the writing, from dialog, lore, pacing, and plot have failed it that comprehensively and badly. The actual gameplay, especially the DLC is not bad at all (the main game its overstuffed) so its just infuriating how bad the things surrounding it just implode the experience.

Two things really bugged me, story-wise: the first is that Frey, despite having no love for this place, wanting nothing to do with it, suddenly decides it's her home simply because she was born in it. The second is that she never went back for Homer, what the gently caress Frey your cat misses you so much :(

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Morpheus posted:

Two things really bugged me, story-wise: the first is that Frey, despite having no love for this place, wanting nothing to do with it, suddenly decides it's her home simply because she was born in it. The second is that she never went back for Homer, what the gently caress Frey your cat misses you so much :(

The second one is hilarious for so many reasons.

1) It supposed to be a connective tissue between her and the Tantas, but uh, she adopts all the other cats and kills their owners and doesnt save her own because????
2) Rule like #1 of portal stories is to not have someone dependent on the person who disappears so this exact emotional issue doesn't come up, but here we are
3) They had to make a cutscene to assure you its fine so they show you the cat somehow got adopted by the Judge lady even though it makes no sense
4) You spend in game maybe 30 seconds with that cat and the ending is addressed to them, a cat

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Finished Animal Well, at least the layer 2 content. I'm fine leaving it there and keeping loose tabs on whatever collaborative nonsense folks figure out.

I'm not going to say that Animal Well is a bad game. The first run through is a delight; it's open-ended, there's multiple solutions to getting what you need done, you get to figure out how to use your toolkit, and the atmosphere's great. Finishing that, you see things open up quite a bit, and again, for a little while it's great. The cracks start to show from there, however; finishing layer 2 and getting the second ending requires you to get All The Collectables (of a particular variety). The game gives you new ways to do that, and figuring those out is cool. This is counterbalanced, however, by a fairly significant lack of direction, and while you ultimately get a few ways to more readily identify when something's in your vicinity, you effectively end up pixel hunting your way across the map multiple times and hoping this time you spot something you missed or now can interact with. Or you spend your time trying to solve something and that's either for the broader collaborative ARG type content, or realize if you look it up that it's just a bonus for speedrunners, or whatever.

I do recommend it, but maybe not at full price, and it's going to depend on how much tolerance you personally have for really, really specific secret hunting past the 5-6 hour initial layer and first ending. Pretty solid effort for a solo dev.

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 19, 2024

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Tortolia posted:

Finished Animal Well, at least the layer 2 content. I'm fine leaving it there and keeping loose tabs on whatever collaborative nonsense folks figure out.

I'm not going to say that Animal Well is a bad game. The first run through is a delight; it's open-ended, there's multiple solutions to getting what you need done, you get to figure out how to use your toolkit, and the atmosphere's great. Finishing that, you see things open up quite a bit, and again, for a little while it's great. The cracks start to show from there, however; finishing layer 2 and getting the second ending requires you to get All The Collectables (of a particular variety). The game gives you new ways to do that, and figuring those out is cool. This is counterbalanced, however, by a fairly significant lack of direction, and while you ultimately get a few ways to more readily identify when something's in your vicinity, you effectively end up pixel hunting your way across the map multiple times and hoping this time you spot something you missed or now can interact with. Or you spend your time trying to solve something and that's either for the broader collaborative ARG type content, or realize if you look it up that it's just a bonus for speedrunners, or whatever.

I do recommend it, but maybe not at full price, and it's going to depend on how much tolerance you personally have for really, really specific secret hunting past the 5-6 hour initial layer and first ending. Pretty solid effort for a solo dev.

I hope you left a review. This seems like solid feedback a dev could use for the next project.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

nesamdoom posted:

I hope you left a review. This seems like solid feedback a dev could use for the next project.

Yeah, I did a steam review and covered effectively those points, and now that I’m done worrying about spoilers and caught up on the thread here they seem like pretty consistent feedback from others.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Beat Tomb Raider (2013) since it's on Game Pass and couldn't remember if I finished it before. I really liked Rise so I'm gonna do that one soon too (did beat that one back in the day), I know I didn't finish Shadow.

I dislike the sliding down poo poo kind of gameplay, which is more the fault of me going through Stellar Blade three times and not necessarily Tomb Raider's doing. But everything else was pretty enjoyable, mild discomfort with the torture of Lara that happens pretty frequently. I really liked the way a bunch of different poo poo was placed for variety, you've got a WW2 bunker, crashed ships and planes with all sorts of people, plus the immortal Stormguard. Everything I found seemed to make sense, and I was amused by the joke included in one of the relics where Lara is going on about some original Japanese piece and then you look under it and she's like "aww nevermind, made in China..."

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Tortolia posted:

It's a shame to effectively close off those parts of the game unless you want to solve the game in a group, look it up, or spend tens of hours scouring every nook and cranny.

I really enjoyed ~10 hours I spent reaching the credits all the while hearing about how much effort it takes to see the rest, so I think I'm good.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Tortolia posted:

I had about the same reaction. it was a really neat and enjoyable game through the credits and then I did 2 full trips through the whole world looking for more and hit a dead end on basically every lead, with no idea which pixel in the entire world I'm missing, so I called it there having lost a lot of my initial enthusiasm for it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished Megaton Mushashi W: Wired, I feel kinda bad about this one because I skipped most of the cutscenes, but holy poo poo they are endless and very long. Just massive dialog dumps on the players, watching two characters stare at each other and talk endlessly. Thank god though that the large mech combat is really fun and good. Its a huge RPG looter action RPG, and I am looking forward to get through all of the side missions, doing each on all of the four difficulties for more gear and upgrades. But do yourself a favor and smash the skip cutscene button and save yourself about 20 hours of time.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I finished Dread Delusion. Amazing Indie RPG with a great art direction. The gameplay itself was just okay, but the world building and quests were incredibly memorable and I loved the story a lot. Sadly the ending parts were a bit mired by bugs, The game probably would have needed 1-2 more months in QA/ Bug testing, but I only ran into one really bad softlock that was fixed the next day via a patch.
Highly recommend the game for anyone who likes a first person RPG with great world building and atmosphere and interesting quests / lore.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

FrickenMoron posted:

I finished Dread Delusion.

I started this the other day but it runs like rear end on my machine. Dev said on the Steam forum that it's a bug so I'm holding off for a patch hopefully later this week. Seemed cool though from the half hour that I played. This game was the main reason I picked up that Soulslikes Humble bundle last year or whenever it was.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

FrickenMoron posted:

I finished Dread Delusion. Amazing Indie RPG with a great art direction. The gameplay itself was just okay, but the world building and quests were incredibly memorable and I loved the story a lot. Sadly the ending parts were a bit mired by bugs, The game probably would have needed 1-2 more months in QA/ Bug testing, but I only ran into one really bad softlock that was fixed the next day via a patch.
Highly recommend the game for anyone who likes a first person RPG with great world building and atmosphere and interesting quests / lore.

sick! thanks! I bought a copy for me and my kid for 1.0 but the first hour or two didnt wow us both. will get back to it.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Sway Grunt posted:

I started this the other day but it runs like rear end on my machine. Dev said on the Steam forum that it's a bug so I'm holding off for a patch hopefully later this week. Seemed cool though from the half hour that I played. This game was the main reason I picked up that Soulslikes Humble bundle last year or whenever it was.

It runs super well on my PC, No fans even need to spin up or anything so that's a bug for sure.

wizard2 posted:

sick! thanks! I bought a copy for me and my kid for 1.0 but the first hour or two didnt wow us both. will get back to it.

I'd say the first area is probably the most boring one. Once you get out of Pwyll you essentially can go anywhere as long as you get at least one more passport to get through one of the other two main areas.

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014

Foul Fowl posted:

the only thing i didn't like, aside from some weird language and syntax/grammar issues with the solutions, was the last case where peter won a cannon in a bet, and put it in his house lol, and used it to blast that guy. maybe his wife told him that guy was coming but it still stretched credulity, although i appreciated the dramatic irony of this loser idiot killing him. that was the only thing i didn't buy in the whole game.

I thought that was really good payoff, actually; it's set up very early on is ultimately his fatal flaw.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

finished INDIKA, very great, short adventure game. While the theme of challenging stupid religious dogmas is not particular new or deep, it's presented very well within a refreshing setting and writing/character acting and camera work are amazing, so are english VOs. Really enjoyable entertainment.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

FrickenMoron posted:

I'd say the first area is probably the most boring one. Once you get out of Pwyll you essentially can go anywhere as long as you get at least one more passport to get through one of the other two main areas.

yeah. it was merely a slow Tutorial zone, neither good or bad, so the game fell off by the wayside for us. it's great to hear that it gets better after that!

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I finished Mullet Mad Jack and now I'm going to be working on getting good enough to not choke for a permadeath run at some point.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finished Immortals of Aveum and what a 7/10 experience that was. Also a game where Im not sure I was supposed to hate everyone by the end, but yeah, all of the characters were kind of awful.

The entire story hinges on not one, not two, not three, not four, but 7 or so different characters just flat out refusing to tell the main character whats going on

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Well, I, uh, just beat Homeworld 3 and, I kind of wish I hadn't. :cripes:

If you're not familiar with the discourse around it, it tried to take the series in a very melodramatic character-focused, mystical direction, and it didn't really work out for it at all, with the ending being a complete disaster. Previously I'd have called it a 7/10 on the assumption they'd work through some of the unit pathfinding and commanding issues but yeah, oof. Would not recommend until it goes on steep deal and they at least make the gameplay more solid.

Sardonik fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 22, 2024

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Barudak posted:

The entire story hinges on not one, not two, not three, not four, but 7 or so different characters just flat out refusing to tell the main character whats going on

[cries in Metal Gear]

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Just finished Unicorn Overlord, the first single-player type thing I've invested a significant amount of time in in years. Final time after doing (almost) everything was 75 hours! Very fun throughout, as someone who has nostalgia for the old Ogre Battle games and other similar era strategy games it was simultaneously more simplistic than I was hoping, but probably actually just the right amount of complexity for someone who isn't that hardcore anymore. I would have liked some more options for building characters, like more abilities, different class changes instead of every class only having one direct promotion, etc.. but it was still really fun and I liked the difficulty (on normal at least, haven't tried harder yet but I will) as it was easy to play pretty casually and knock out some shorter maps and do some map exploring in between bigger more involved battles. Difficulty kinda came and went and was more based on if I built my teams well than anything, at some points I had a little trouble but could mostly get through by spamming items (which I heard is not an option on harder difficulties? not sure). By the endgame once I gathered a load of strong gear from the endgame stuff I was able to steamroll the final chapter pretty easily though, once you have people who are completely immune to debuffs you can kinda not give a poo poo about a lot of things.

Story-wise it's pretty.. fine, I guess, nothing very innovative, pretty standard Chosen Hero Destined King grows up with childhood friends and has to save the world from The Big Evil, and there's very few people other than the Big Evil who are actually bad, so it's easy to forgive 'em and invite everyone into your big army of heroes. There's a couple exceptions though, at least one who I thought... pretty clearly deserved the execution option, but wasn't actually killable, despite some others that clearly did NOT deserve that choice being given the option. Regardless, there's very little surprises if you've read a story like this before. If anything I was surprised by how NOT involved in the story the big evil was, for the most part you just go around the world reclaiming cities at your own pace and fixing up every single town (seriously, nobody can repair anything unless you hand them some wood and some fish).

Anyway, I'd definitely recommend it if you are a more casual fan of strategic rpg type battles, but aren't afraid to do a bit of menuing to set up your strategy beforehand. I'm curious how the harder difficulties alter the challenge, cuz it definitely feels like the way stats work it could be possible for stuff to get TOO hard if it's not balanced well.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Barudak posted:

Finished Immortals of Aveum and what a 7/10 experience that was. Also a game where Im not sure I was supposed to hate everyone by the end, but yeah, all of the characters were kind of awful.

I tried that game and it was like Jedi Survivor, just absolutely constant microstutters to the point that it was hurting my brain.

Shame because I'm actually not at all opposed to a 7/10 experience.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Play posted:

I tried that game and it was like Jedi Survivor, just absolutely constant microstutters to the point that it was hurting my brain.

Shame because I'm actually not at all opposed to a 7/10 experience.

I didn't have any microstutters but theres some visual effect the unreal engine can do that just would not render on my screen. It thankfully only really affected some maps and charts during briefings, but it was always funny with characters pouring over a view screen map frantically pointing at it and there just nothing there for me.

Mate you don't gotta act impressed, you can just tell people you can't see poo poo on your end of the teams call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Finished Withering Rooms. Overall a good game that I would recommend but the atmosphere and mystery, along with great music and sound, basically saved this game for me because I think the gameplay is pretty terrible for a game where you will spend most of your time fighting something. Understandable for a single dev project but I wish it was better.