Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Namtab)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Namtab posted:

Monday Nitro 11/03/96

NOTE: There was no nitro on 4th March 1996. Nothing has been missed. Lex Luger won the TV Title off a departing Johnny B Badd on the previous WCW Saturday Night.

Singles Match - The Giant (w/Jimmy Hart) vs. Jim Duggan
Tag Team Match - The Road Warriors (Road Warrior Animal & Road Warrior Hawk) vs. The Steiner Brothers (Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner)
WCW World Television Title Match - Lex Luger (c) vs. Alex Wright
Lumberjack Strap Six Man Tag Team Match - Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage & The Booty Man vs. Kevin Sullivan & The Four Horsemen (Arn Anderson & Ric Flair) (w/Miss Elizabeth & Woman).

Duggan? Heyooooooo.

Is this the first time in '96 we've seen the Steiners?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Duggan? Heyooooooo.

Is this the first time in '96 we've seen the Steiners?

Yeah I think it's their first time back and godamn that match rules

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Rags to Liches posted:

I was probably playing TIE Fighter so it might have been the best decision I made that night

great game

E: i think jim duggan was on a ppv recently

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Namtab posted:

great game

still holds up too, as does Freespace 2!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Overall a pretty good show. Steiners and Road Warriors are fantastic to watch and honestly Alex Wright is good enough that he can rope Lex into a good match too. 3v3 final match was hilarious, but not in a bad way for once. The chaos outside the ring was distracting, but in a good way because it meant I didnt have to watch Hogan.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Pretty good episode aside from the first match and the commentary talking about other matches for half of the tag match despite it being the best match on the show. Weird to see Scott Steiner without the blond hair.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Pretty good episode aside from the first match and the commentary talking about other matches for half of the tag match despite it being the best match on the show. Weird to see Scott Steiner without the blond hair.

Yeah I don't think he bleached it till he came back from his back being disintegrated

(or maybe he bleached it right before his spine got turned to dust I don't remember)

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I think it was when he joined the nWo

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Yeah that would make sense, new faction, new look and attitude

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Monday Nitro - 18/03/96

WCW World Television Title Match - Lex Luger (c) vs. Loch Ness
Tag Team Match - The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge & Rocco Rock) vs. The Steiner Brothers (Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner)
Singles Match - Arn Anderson (w/Woman) vs. The Booty Man
Tag Team Match - The Road Warriors (Road Warrior Animal & Road Warrior Hawk) vs. The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags)
Texas Tornado Tag Team Match - Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage vs. Kevin Sullivan & Ric Flair (w/Woman)

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Namtab posted:

Monday Nitro - 18/03/96

WCW World Television Title Match - Lex Luger (c) vs. Loch Ness

Godamn MOTYC right there

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

sad lack of notable weirdos in the audience, but it seems like they harvested them and condensed them into the two dude's at the end.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

TheSwizzler posted:

Godamn MOTYC right there

I laughed my rear end off the entire time.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

TheSwizzler posted:

Godamn MOTYC right there

I couldnt even be mad, it was played perfectly.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Namtab posted:

I laughed my rear end off the entire time.

luger: idk what they're fighting about but I WON YAAAAAY!!!!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

no real updates to the audience freak watch despite the event being in Tupelo, but I did like this guy's shirt

EDIT: And yes I'm going to document them now after the difficulties others had spotting Horsefan Businessman

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Heenan trashing Tupelo was the show MVP.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Heenan is the GOAT

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

WCW Uncnsored 1996 tonight. Join us in discord (if you haven't already): https://discord.gg/JvWGUKwx

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I didn't see this until after everyone left, but that Ultimate Solution guy with the distasteful name actually started off worse:

He was named The Final Solution, but following complaints from Jewish organizations to the Turner corporate offices, his character was renamed The Ultimate Solution.[5] WCW claimed they were unaware that The Final Solution was the name Adolf Hitler gave to his plan to destroy the Jews

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
yikes nazi wrestlers

(this could be said for a lot of wrestlers)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Namtab posted:

WCW Uncnsored 1996 tonight. Join us in discord (if you haven't already): https://discord.gg/JvWGUKwx

I MISSED it. :suicide:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

You’re lucky

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

It wasnt the worst PPV Ive ever seen.

Probably the second worst after Uncensored '95 though.

Booker and Sting were a legit entertaining tag team at least.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

It wasnt the worst PPV Ive ever seen.

Probably the second worst after Uncensored '95 though.

Booker and Sting were a legit entertaining tag team at least.

Regal vs. Belfast Bruiser was pretty funny as a concept at least, too.

Real disappointed in the lack of freaks in the audience. Would've thought Tupelo in the mid-90s could have done better. Closest was the dude in the front row taking pictures of the Booty Babe every time she got in view, and that's mostly just sad.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Booty Man should be killed in a match in kayfabe

You Can Join Something Awful Wrestling Today

Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9pm Eastern on twitch.tv/tha_swizzler

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I didn't see this until after everyone left, but that Ultimate Solution guy with the distasteful name actually started off worse:

He was named The Final Solution, but following complaints from Jewish organizations to the Turner corporate offices, his character was renamed The Ultimate Solution.[5] WCW claimed they were unaware that The Final Solution was the name Adolf Hitler gave to his plan to destroy the Jews

Both final solution and ultimate solution are valid translations of the thing Hitler actually called it: Endlösung. Basically they changed the name from jew killer to jew killer 2

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

IGgy IGsen posted:

Both final solution and ultimate solution are valid translations of the thing Hitler actually called it: Endlösung. Basically they changed the name from jew killer to jew killer 2

clearly the way to solve this is to rename him ultimo solution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Megamissen posted:

clearly the way to solve this is to rename him ultimo solution

Lol