Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Cool, I had around 220 saved from not doing it the last two times. I honestly have no idea how anyone can get the 5K rewards, it must cost an absolute fortune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Cool, I had around 220 saved from not doing it the last two times. I honestly have no idea how anyone can get the 5K rewards, it must cost an absolute fortune.

You can't get them without buying a bunch of event packs (about $200 worth give or take), the progress you get from spending lottery tickets/wish coins/offering speedups maxes out short of getting you to 5k. Best to just pretend they don't exist honestly.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Considering that everything in this game usually takes days or weeks, I've in the last hour unlocked dragon form, killed Pawson, and removed the sword from the stone.

Anyway, why is my vending machine holding a cushion with a cat on it?

Culka
May 20, 2007
Nothing

Anyway, why is my vending machine holding a cushion with a cat on it?

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
me smort

They really haven't got the domain thing balanced. I'm very quickly ploughing through each stage but I'm hitting things like a bamboo that needs to be chopped when your power is 2.5m or something, whereas mine is 1.7m.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Typically they all have a few things you have to do for 100% that are harder and probably meant to be done later than beating the end boss. The Murika one isn't even 100% completable at the moment, requires an unimplemented relic

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Yeah I just consider that stuff as bonus content. Once you beat the boss of the domain, (the real one, at the END), you can just move onto the next zone and come back to the crazy hard stuff later.

almost1337
Jun 14, 2013

The male likpatons turn around the nucleus formed of female boobons and neutral bolsterons
A few useful guides that I have seen on Discord and the wiki:

Gear Tier List - Early Game

Gear Tier List - Mid Game

Gear Tier List - Late Game

quote:

Recommendation for Compass Relics:

• Early Exploration Compass [INTEL]
Fame: Magellan's Telescope SSS
Art: Skidbladnir Ship AAA/Winged Victory SSS
Faith: Holy Loaves SS
Culture: Cuneiform Tablet SS
Technology: Voyager 1 SSS
Used for early exploration of Realms, so it's focused in INTEL gathering, if you have Winged Victory you can replace the Skidbladnir Ship

• Late Exploration Compass [B-Tadpoles] [Reagents]
Art: The Thinker SS
Faith: Boat of St. Peter SS
Culture: Notre Dame Bell S
Technology: Travels of Marco Polo SS
Used when you've unlocked every zone and doesn't need much/anymore INTEL, so it's focused in obtaining B-Tads and Reagents

• Exploration Domination Compass [DOM]
Art: Winged Victory SSS
Faith: Voyager 1 SSS
Culture: La Pietà S
Technology: Unispark SSS
Used for domination at later zones of each map, so it's focused on ATK and RUSH

• Gene Simulation Compass [Gene Sim]
Fame: Mona Lisa S
Art: Athena Statue SSS
Faith: Phoenix Feather SSS
Culture: Julian Calendar SS
Technology: Double Helix SSS
High Elemental Damage 🔥💧💨🪨☣️

• Arena Compass [Arena]
Fame: On War SSS
Art: Ragnarok SSS
Faith: Golden Chariot SS
Culture: Horn of Heimdall SSS
Technology: Morse's Telegraph SS
High Elemental Damage 🔥💧💨🪨☣️

Shout out to my guild member who found this interesting post. (Gnum, Artemispode - dunno your discord names here or couldnt find you)

F2P Newbie Guide

Colored Unique Awakening/Resonance

almost1337 fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 18, 2024

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

mostly pretty useful but I think that tier list drastically underrates Grandpire Robe's early impact, and it stays good for quite a while too.

Also I'll continue to defend lifesteal; mostly it's weird to act like it falls off in usefulness when in fact it scales endlessly. Right now at 14 million power with Drac Cape equipped I have a 29% chance to heal about 13.5% of damage dealt on hit. Basically that adds up to me expecting to heal about 4% of the damage I deal in a given fight. Even in cases where you're not getting some crazy bonus damage (like against Demon Gods, where lifesteal is obviously super useful), there's plenty of enemies with 2-3 million health at the stage I'm at, meaning I'll expect to heal around 80k to 120k in those fights. That's like 15-20% of my max hp.

Everyone on discord acknowledges fortress's damage reduction is great, and it is, but for some reason the RNG aspect of lifesteal (or maybe just refusing to do math) causes people to poo poo on it. And the two items complement each other perfectly well, so they're all the defense you need.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lifesteal gear is S-Tier.

almost1337
Jun 14, 2013

The male likpatons turn around the nucleus formed of female boobons and neutral bolsterons
I think lifesteal gear is good, but I find that more often I need more offense to either push new content within the 20 turn cap or hit a domination.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Martman posted:

Everyone on discord acknowledges fortress's damage reduction is great, and it is, but for some reason the RNG aspect of lifesteal (or maybe just refusing to do math) causes people to poo poo on it. And the two items complement each other perfectly well, so they're all the defense you need.

Yeah if you're pushing the top curve of content it's very very good, I never take it off. Trident is a really solid second choice to +1 and beyond too after you get Nunchucks done. That said, I think you and I are the outliers at 14m+ power (and we probably already have every single other item currently released in the game equipped that gives extra damage, which is almost always more valuable). At lower power you lose a bunch of fights just by timing out on round 20, and if you're just wondering what to use your Eyes on, DPS is king.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Here is what I use with the last 2 slots for the exploration and hitman gear.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

You would probably be much better off taking apart several of those +1s (fortress, hat, dragon fang) and see if you can make some +2s out of your damage equipment. +1s are only good for saving you an equipment slot, they don't make the stats better. +2s actually increase the "enchantments" on the item so you get more Ignore Def % on nunchucks, etc. Most of the defense-oriented gear +1 combines with elemental damage resistance gear, which is currently a meaningless stat outside of PVP -- unless that's what you're going for, it's kind of a pointless upgrade

edit: as for dragon fang, typically if you need one dragon item, you don't need the other. You're usually either pushing or farming, not both, and that's what the gear set feature is for

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Yeah I have nunchucks, big bounce, and trident at +2 with nothing else past red. +1s are kind of a trap, although you're still very beefy

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Martman posted:

Yeah I have nunchucks, big bounce, and trident at +2 with nothing else past red. +1s are kind of a trap, although you're still very beefy

I keep seeing people say the +1s are a trap and I'm not sure why, aren't you still getting the effects of both equipment with a boost to the stats, while freeing up a slot for more equipment (or just outright almost doubling the stats and adding a whole new effect if you've only equipped one of the 2+ pieces of gear?). I'm starting to reach the point where I'm looking at going into +1-ing equipment I have equipped because the stuff that hasn't been made red is... kinda bad or outright terrible because I don't have enough points to forge and haven't been lucky enough to pull the better equipment pieces.

RandExt
Jun 1, 2023

Randalor posted:

I keep seeing people say the +1s are a trap and I'm not sure why, aren't you still getting the effects of both equipment with a boost to the stats

+1 just combines the equipment and doesn't boost the stats it gives, +2 is where the boosts start

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

RandExt posted:

+1 just combines the equipment and doesn't boost the stats it gives, +2 is where the boosts start

Right, but you're still either A) combining two equipped gear, freeing up a slot for another piece of gear, or B) Adding the stats and effect of an unequipped piece of gear to one you already have equipped, so making the equipped gear better anyways.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Randalor posted:

Right, but you're still either A) combining two equipped gear, freeing up a slot for another piece of gear, or B) Adding the stats and effect of an unequipped piece of gear to one you already have equipped, so making the equipped gear better anyways.

It's because most of the stuff in those slots are things you wouldn't generally equip anyway.

Most of my extra slots are taken by KIA-style stuff, which all suck. You're essentially paying an Eye for a minor stat boost from the bad gear instead of +X% of damage ignore.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Randalor posted:

I keep seeing people say the +1s are a trap and I'm not sure why, aren't you still getting the effects of both equipment with a boost to the stats, while freeing up a slot for more equipment (or just outright almost doubling the stats and adding a whole new effect if you've only equipped one of the 2+ pieces of gear?). I'm starting to reach the point where I'm looking at going into +1-ing equipment I have equipped because the stuff that hasn't been made red is... kinda bad or outright terrible because I don't have enough points to forge and haven't been lucky enough to pull the better equipment pieces.

If I had to guess, it's because you're equipping a bonus item that wouldn't make the cut anyway. That doesn't matter as much for offensive items because the bonus elemental damage items are close to being worth it, but for defensive items all you're getting is a clump of flat stats and those flat stats are less useful the further you get into the game.

(I mean, this is pure speculation. I'm still at the point where the only +1s I can make are defensive items and the Dragon Fang, and I made the Dragon Fang +1 because why wouldn't I want more cells and dragon chests while I'm trying to push against a wall? Not like I have a better +1 to make at the moment.)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Randalor posted:

Right but when the effects of the piece of gear you're adding is like, +140 fire res and you're using glue and EoHs that you could instead spend on getting Big Bounce+2 for extra crit chance or Nunchucks+2 for extra ignore def% there's an opportunity cost. The +1 item gets a small boost in base stats but that's much less significant than the extra effects good gear provides.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

goferchan posted:

Right but when the effects of the piece of gear you're adding is like, +140 fire res and you're using glue and EoHs that you could instead spend on getting Big Bounce+2 for extra crit chance or Nunchucks+2 for extra ignore def% there's an opportunity cost. The +1 item gets a small boost in base stats but that's much less significant than the extra effects good gear provides.

That's fair. I'm not even at the point where I can make a +1 (other than the dragon claw, but I still need an EoH for the fang before that).

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Yeah it's mostly just that there's not enough gear to worry about slots in that way. For my pushing preset I can equip all of my good damage items without having to combine anything, and obviously the farming preset doesn't run out of room on farm items

I do think the discord people are sometimes a bit too aggressive in emphasizing long-term planning over basic HARD stats, but the +2s are pretty impactful

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I love guides putting the Pulse Rifle in a high tier for Early Game. Yeah dog, the item you only get for 40 air shots is definitely relevant for early game progression. I get that they have to put it somewhere, and it's not like it's a bad item, it just amuses me to see it in lists.

Anyways I think I hosed something up with my gene progression because I see a lot of people in my club already sporting T6 minions while I'm still in T5. I think pushing for the dragon compass bonus caused some issues with overall progression. It should even out later but for now it's kind of annoying.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Unlocking a T6 form also unlocks an extra 100 floors of special gene sim for that form, which will be trivially easy to complete and give you hundreds of thousands of cells. Dragon T6 will need a lot of those cells, so it can be good to do the other forms first to stock up (although just like previous tiers, you can't complete Dragon until you've done all the others anyways)

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

I love guides putting the Pulse Rifle in a high tier for Early Game. Yeah dog, the item you only get for 40 air shots is definitely relevant for early game progression. I get that they have to put it somewhere, and it's not like it's a bad item, it just amuses me to see it in lists.
Depends on what you consider early game :getin:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Is anyone else unable to log in today? Been trying off and on since about 8am EST, no go. Android phone.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
I logged on this afternoon around 2pm I think, maybe later, which would have been 7am your time I think. I assume we're on different servers though, so who knows. Will check again when I get home.

Edit: Just tried, I got an error message but then it worked. No idea, like I say might be a region issue.

Bertha the Toaster fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 22, 2024

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Night Danger Moose posted:

Is anyone else unable to log in today? Been trying off and on since about 8am EST, no go. Android phone.
No issues for me. In general I've heard of people having issues connecting after changing their home wi-fi settings. Maybe try connecting without wi-fi to test?

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I connected at home on Wifi after failing at work over data. Weird. Hope this isn't the start of "no snail at work," it's part of my morning routine at this point.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
It doesn't work for me at the office for some reason, I suspect because its either using Chinese servers or due to ad blocking.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ok, I think I'm ready for Bharata now

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Oh man Bharata's gimmick loving owns. It's a full on mini RPG!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I just started Hellas yesterday, is there anything I should know about Fashion Athena other than "complete clothing sets give realm bonuses"?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Randalor posted:

I just started Hellas yesterday, is there anything I should know about Fashion Athena other than "complete clothing sets give realm bonuses"?

That's basically it. There's some ways to optimize your coin gain from maxing out pieces of clothing, but it really isn't necessary as long as you remember to buy economy-boosting intel options first. Just remember you only get the bonuses for sets you have equipped, so make sure you have the right set equipped at the right time. (Like, say, the common set that makes every special map event significantly easier to qualify for.) The only exception to this is that travel speed is only calculated when you start a run so make sure you either leave with a travel speed-boosting outfit equipped or start a run, switch to the speed booster and restart if you want to take advantage of it.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
So much content dropped today. The bharata RPG is neat but gets tedious. Also if you use lubu as your realm trait he randomly jumps out and smacks a nerd. Idk if the other traits help at all though.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
drat lottery hates me and doesn't want me to unlock that game, I got 1097, and I've been nowhere near as high since. Is there a way of helping to get a better score? I've seen people with scores like 1600 and I can't understand how that's even possible.

Also, I only realised the other week how involved the agents are and I'm so close to having to make a spreadsheet so I can keep track of them.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf
There's maybe some minor value in tracking which agents you've already killed, but for the most part just look up their target's rewards, and fight the agent if there's nothing good. You can look up relic drops in your relic inventory if you're really unsure, but for the most part you're not giving up much if you already got a drop (the agents repeat semi often, prioritize the fugitives for any potential drops)

( https://supersnail.wiki.gg/wiki/Fugitives#Senior-0 has decent enough lookup tables. )

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

drat lottery hates me and doesn't want me to unlock that game, I got 1097, and I've been nowhere near as high since. Is there a way of helping to get a better score? I've seen people with scores like 1600 and I can't understand how that's even possible.
Nah, as far as I know the score is pure RNG. You can get all kinds of chances to "turn blue beads into purple" and stuff like that but none of those affect the score of the initial roll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Tears streaming down my face as I pull a tenth 1200+ lottery pull. Plus game...give me the shitties pull. Anything sub 100