Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
A Goon must have had puts on GameStop stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Hi all, just a question about time frame, hope that's OK. I put in a request this morning (thank you thank you thank you!!) And it says to reach out if I haven't heard back in a reasonable time-- just wondering if there's a specific time we're looking at or if I should just sit tight and be patient. Thanks again.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
That is an amazing and generous gift and is going to help a bunch of people.

Don't want anyone being intimidated by the huge donation size though in a way. Consistent small donations (especially when monthly recurring) helps in longer term planning and sustainability.

poo poo is really bad out there and people survive when we help each other any way we can.

JossiRossi fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 14, 2024

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Cosmik Slop posted:

Hi all, just a question about time frame, hope that's OK. I put in a request this morning (thank you thank you thank you!!) And it says to reach out if I haven't heard back in a reasonable time-- just wondering if there's a specific time we're looking at or if I should just sit tight and be patient. Thanks again.

To offer a bit of a peek behind the curtain, we generally do send out a response to a request when we pay it out, just in case there's a problem with someone receiving a payment. How long it takes us to actually process a request can depend on our personal availability, the deadline of the request, whether it requires additional discussion for whatever reason, the phase of the moon, etc. We do try to reach out if something's going to take more than a day or two past submission to resolve.

To confirm for you, we did receive your request.

JossiRossi posted:

That is an amazing and generous gift and is going to help a bunch of people.

Don't want anyone being intimidated by the huge donation size though in a way. Consistent small donations (especially when monthly recurring) helps in longer term planning and sustainability.

poo poo is really bad out there and people survive when we help each other any way we can.

Yeah, this is a great point. The large gifts are very welcome but we are primarily sustained by small donations and even if that's not necessarily going to be the case this month, over the long term it is absolutely true and I'm sure always will be.

I'm completely and utterly humbled by how generous everyone who gives to this effort is, whether it's a little or a lot. You're the ones doing the amazing work here, we're just organizing it a bit.

pyknosis
Nov 23, 2007

Young Orc
What is the preferred method to make a recurring donation these days? Which one takes the smallest bite in terms of fees or whatever?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Good job mystery goon! Holy cow <3

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

pyknosis posted:

What is the preferred method to make a recurring donation these days? Which one takes the smallest bite in terms of fees or whatever?

Stripe via bank account is cheapest, we pay next to nothing in fees. Next cheapest would be PayPal, then PayPal or venmo are tied. Cash app is pretty expensive, but most expensive is any card type (debit/credit) through stripe.

So stripe is simultaneously the cheapest and most expensive way to give.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
Before this existed, I had goons help with diapers for my bedridden grandma who had dementia. Also, for gas and food. There isn't a day that goes by where I mentally thank those people who helped. I had a Kickstarter for it. It helped and my grandma was stacked with diapers, bed liners, and I got public aid.

I kinda disappeared for a while due to her passing away. It took a long time for me to process her death. Deal with the inevitable drama at the funeral from visiting family, and then finally move out of my parents house and into my own apartment. Taking care of her was my reason for staying.

If you need help, don't be ashamed. I live off of 66$ a month after my bills are done. It ain't much. When my situation changes, I plan to pay it forward. Again, to those who help, you're absolutely amazing people. You changed my situation for the better. Been sober for years now, too.

This is an amazing idea here and I'm glad there's an outlet for this community to aid one another without hoops to leap through and assurance that you aren't a burden.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:glomp:

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

I love you too, man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyorik
Dec 31, 2007

by astral
Seth edit: spam bot stuff here

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:52 on May 15, 2024