Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ladd is a clone. That’s where the extra d comes from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Freaquency posted:

I still can’t believe Ladd McConkey is a real person and not a name George Lucas made up for someone from the Irish stereotype planet

Least popular member of the Donkey Kong extended universe

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

1st round of my Superflex Dynasty TEP rookie draft is tonight and i'm actually kind of excited to draft either Brian Thomas Jr/Keon Coleman/Ladd/Bowers (if people really gently caress up before me) at 1.10

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Brian Thomas Jr went 10th in my superflex league draft. I love him as a player but not sure if Jacksonville is the best spot

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

There's a lot of targets that have been vacated by Ridley and Jones. Though Kirk, Engram and Etienne do probably limit his upside for this year.

Edit: \/ Very fair about Gabe stealing targets (and then dropping them) this year. I'm in a re-tooling mode so I definitely wouldn't need Thomas to pop this year.

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 21:06 on May 9, 2024

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Jags also signed Gabe Davis, who is like the "what if Brian Thomas busts" outcome already which was kinda weird. I don't expect Davis to do much but he'll be an annoying snap and target drain especially early on.

Still think Thomas has a bright future in dynasty though it might not happen immediately

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm just extremely jealous yall got Brian Thomas, my draft crush

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Eh, I'm not saying it's certain he will bust, but I'd find it unlikely that he's on my team unless he drops a ton. I know he had some good catches while watching him at LSU, but all I remember is last season. Not like Nabers who I can remember great things from the last few years. Then again, I thought Terrace Marshall would tear it up and he's basically vanished.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

kiimo posted:

I'm just extremely jealous yall got Brian Thomas, my draft crush

Christian Watson 2.0 with more experience entering the league. He will be good.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

MakaVillian posted:

1st round of my Superflex Dynasty TEP rookie draft is tonight and i'm actually kind of excited to draft either Brian Thomas Jr/Keon Coleman/Ladd/Bowers (if people really gently caress up before me) at 1.10

Ended up drafting Thomas Jr 10th and then traded my 2024 2.08 + 2025 3rd for Jaylen Warren

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I have my first keeper deadline coming up in a few weeks, but figured I would toss this out here now since I am not sure how regularly people are reading about fantasy this early in the year. 10 team, 2QB, standard scoring, the first cut is any 5 players we want to keep, in August we have to drop down to 3 and we can only keep one player per position. Players are kept at the round they were drafted in for up to two additional years after they were first drafted, standard snake draft.

I pick last (10th) because I won :smug:.

My solid options are (round drafted):

QB:
Josh Allen (1) - 2 more years
Trevor Lawrence (8) 1 more year

RB:
Breece Hall (5) - 1 more year
Alvin Kamera (7) - 2 more years

WR:
Amon Ra St. Brown (9) - 1 more year
Mike Evans (13) - 2 more years

Right now I am leaning towards not keeping Lawrence for this first cut. He is a solid QB2 at the 8th round, but you do not win with value and I want Allen's points. The other decisions are tougher when it comes down to the final cut. Hall and Kamara were #12 and #13 in PPG, in a bubble I would prefer Hall, but Kamara is two rounds later and one additional year. ARSB and Evans were #3 and #7 in PPG. I guess you could use the "you do not win with value" from earlier and just take the best players which would be Hall and ARSB, but then I would need to draft all new keepers. I guess I could hedge and do one with one more year and one with two more years ...

I could always fish for trades and if I get one for either RB or WR keep the other one, but trades are difficult in this league and an innocuous one I made last year almost blew it up.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 13, 2024

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Keep the best players. Allen, Hall, Sun God

Time will work itself out.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I would probably keep Allen, Hall and Amon-Ra and try to run that championship back. 2025 is a million years away in football time, just take the guys you already know are amazing today.

The only question for me is who will be available to replace Lawrence if you throw him back. The free agent pool is usually a nightmare in superflex and you don’t want to get stuck with Russ or something. There’s a bunch of promising rookie QB options this year at least

E: what SB said :v:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

This.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Docjowles posted:

The only question for me is who will be available to replace Lawrence if you throw him back. The free agent pool is usually a nightmare in superflex and you don’t want to get stuck with Russ or something. There’s a bunch of promising rookie QB options this year at least

The keeper rules are fairly strict so it is not as bad as some leagues where it ends up as a pseudo-dynasty league, it is still 80% a redraft league. This is the one year I threw away the draft sheet, so I will need to wait a few weeks for the first round of cuts to map out which players will likely be kept or available.

Thanks for the feedback all, I am glad there is consensus that is also going towards where I was leaning.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Silly Burrito posted:

This and it isn't even close for me. Allen at 1.10 is still incredible value. Hall is a better return on value based on current ADP than Kamara is. While the value between ARSB and Evans is a bit closer, Sun God is a top five receiver being kept in the 9th round.

If those are the six options to keep for the final cut, I'm dropping Kamara. Only because if something happens to Allen in the offseason before final cuts, I want a back up plan. Kamara is not going to make or break your fantasy season.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Schedule dropped I guess

https://x.com/LordReebs/status/1790910313782526233

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Jordan Love QB4 szn

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

The most important schedule: https://x.com/chargers/status/1790895458581467314

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

This is incredible and this media team deserves a raise

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Why do fantasy people think winning or losing late in the season is somehow more important than winning games early? Serious question

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

ferroque posted:

Why do fantasy people think winning or losing late in the season is somehow more important than winning games early? Serious question

They don't?

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Then why is everyone complaining about the week 14 byes?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ferroque posted:

Then why is everyone complaining about the week 14 byes?

I imagine some people might still be in extremely stupid leagues where the playoffs start in week 14

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
It’s because those weeks have the most teams on bye, and also a lot of teams with a lot of good players so it will be really difficult to cover.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I humbly accept the responsibility of drafting all of the good Ravens and Texans players so you all don’t have to worry about the bye

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I don't really care when bye weeks fall. Yeah it can be annoying if you're missing a bunch of guys the week you play someone you're battling with for a playoff spot but that's just RNG.

It is really dumb that some weeks 2 teams are off and some weeks it's 6 though. Like looking at those week 12/14 byes it's not hard to imagine having important players from all 6 teams. Which would pretty much be an auto-loss.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I don't look at byes at all during drafts but honestly I'd love to have guys with fresh legs heading into the first round of the fantasy playoffs.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

the Harbaughs having a pillow fight :laffo:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The number of jokes they cram into the Chargers video every year is insane. There's like 10 per scene.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Docjowles posted:

The number of jokes they cram into the Chargers video every year is insane. There's like 10 per scene.

Scan that QR code, just sayin

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1793029602702471639

BAH GAWD IS THAT BLAKE CORUM’S MUSIC I HEAR

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kyren is going to be a trivia answer in a few years, isn't he. "Who was that dude on the Rams who won thousands of fantasy championships off the waiver wire, then never started another game again?"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Docjowles posted:

Kyren is going to be a trivia answer in a few years, isn't he. "Who was that dude on the Rams who won thousands of fantasy championships off the waiver wire, then never started another game again?"

“Who, Todd Gurley???”

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Does anyone want to go ahead and update/make a 2024 fantasy thread? If not I’ll just copy the OP and make a new one, Drunk Nerds is busy this year.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

This but with "Penix"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
2024 Thread is up and running!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4061247

Adbot