Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I don't know how speed works: does her ultimate having a timer with 90 speed mean that she needs 180 to act twice during it? (Assuming no turn boosting effects)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Endorph posted:

if you look at the kit she has two sets of basic attack/skill, one that consumes HP and one that restores HP. however the kit refers to her as sam the whole time so iunno. we'll know when we see her animations.

Her pre-Ultimate basic/skill are called "Flare Propulsion" and "Aerial Bombardment", while her enhanced basic/skill are called "Pyrogenic Decimation" and "Dying Star Overload"; both sets sound like it's Sam that's performing the attacks.

Also while her kit currently looks incredibly loaded in numbers, there seem to be a couple of catches: You have to sacrifice an ATK rope for a BE rope, due to the DEF ignore and because her Enhanced Skill's multiplier value scales on BE, but the multiplier is still for her ATK. She also has zero crit bonuses anywhere in her kit, not even in her LC and Eidolons, so building her crit is gonna be about as hard as Qingque. I have no doubt she will still be very very strong, but keep in mind that you probably can't reach particularly high crit numbers with her, unless they change some things around in her kit.

Clarste posted:

I don't know how speed works: does her ultimate having a timer with 90 speed mean that she needs 180 to act twice during it? (Assuming no turn boosting effects)

I believe so, yeah. 180.1 to be precise. Although she also gets free 50 SPD while in her Ultimate mode.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 09:20 on May 5, 2024

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I suspect that Firefly is a "persona" that Sam uses to feel more normal. But Sam is who she/he/they really are the whole time.

Sam is Firefly, Firefly is not Sam. A reverse of the usual secret identity stuff where Clark Kent is the real person and Superman is the image he puts on to be a hero.

Sam is the real person, Firefly is the image to be a civilian and not a super soldier stuck in a suit of armour. Or who they wish they could be but are not.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Sam is Batman, got it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Jade gradually draining her debt collector's HP while gaining more and more permanent buffs from Pawning Assets every time she FUAs is so silly flavourful.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

her ult has a timer of 90, she needs 180 to act twice during it. her base speed is 92, at max trace she gets 50 extra during her ult. (technically 62, but thats with the ult boost eidolon.) so she needs 48 extra speed from somewhere. speed boots = 25 speed, so that means she needs 23 from other sources. 23 from substats isnt undoable - that's about 2ish speed substat rolls per the 5 non-boot pieces. ruan mei's talent would get her another 12ish speed, so she'd only need 11 speed total from substats. asta solves the problem completely by herself. sam's fire weakness implant also gives her synergy with asta.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for a f2p team sam/asta/harmony trailblazer/sustain (gallagher seems strong) feels like a good setup.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

her ult has a timer of 90, she needs 180 to act twice during it. her base speed is 92, at max trace she gets 50 extra during her ult. (technically 62, but thats with the ult boost eidolon.) so she needs 48 extra speed from somewhere. speed boots = 25 speed, so that means she needs 23 from other sources. 23 from substats isnt undoable - that's about 2ish speed substat rolls per the 5 non-boot pieces. ruan mei's talent would get her another 12ish speed, so she'd only need 11 speed total from substats. asta solves the problem completely by herself. sam's fire weakness implant also gives her synergy with asta.

One of the new 2 piece relic sets is 6% speed and 40% break effect after hitting an enemy with fire weakness.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The real issue is that you want 360% BE.

If you max out her ATK contribution you get 60% BE and her sig LC gets you another 60%.

RM gets you an extra 20% BE, Harmblazer gives you 30% BE from ult + 30% BE from Watchmaker set + 15% of HB's BE (to make it simple let's say 200% BE so 30% BE contribution) which adds up to 230% BE without touching relic substats. The only problem is you're probably going to get like what, an atk chest and atk orb plus BE rope and speed boots. In D&D terms that's a super MAD loadout not even factoring crit.

With how much BE she's stacking you're probably going to lock a slot in for Harmblazer anyway cause that ATK value is not critting for much but the punches will hurt a LOT on broken enemies.

e: forgot about the new planar set, that's a ton of "free" BE you can stack on Firefly

Eej fucked around with this message at 09:33 on May 5, 2024

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Endorph posted:

She gets 5 SPD from minor traces, and there's a new planar ornament set that gives 6% SPD and 40% BE for 1 turn if you're attacking a Fire-weak enemy that's basically made for her.

Also your math is slightly off, 180 - 92 - 50 is 38, and Ruan Mei's talent would give 9.2 SPD since it's 10%. But basically she can get there already without any SPD substats.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

6% speed feels precisely tuned so speed boots + ruan mei gets her there by itself with no need for substats, lol.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

Also your math is slightly off, 180 - 92 - 50 is 38, and Ruan Mei's talent would give 9.2 SPD since it's 10%. But basically she can get there already without any SPD substats.
wouldn't ruan mei's talent give her 11.7? it's just 10% of speed, not 10% of base speed, so it'd take into account the speed boots.

edit: 12ish actually taking into account the 5 speed trace

but yeah, the point is ruan mei or asta solves it, basically. which feels like a way of chaining her to hypercarry setups? ruan mei has some consolidation but i feel like you'd still want harmony trailblazer too instead of a second damage dealer. the fire implant being baseline is probably accounting for it being a bit harder to fit silver wolf into her teams.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 09:35 on May 5, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
All % speed boosts are multiplying base speed.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

ATK% doesn't take into account flat attack from relics, so would SPD% take into account flat speed from relics?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eej posted:

All % speed boosts are multiplying base speed.
Huh, weird. Then again thinking about it if it wasn't base speed it'd also take into account her ult's speed boost, so I guess that makes sense. I don't have Ruan Mei, so I'm more used to Asta's flat speed boost. My mistake.

Regardless, the point is basically that Ruan Mei or Asta solves it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

What about... both Asta and Ruan Mei?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

What about... both Asta and Ruan Mei?

very much an option, but she wants so much break effect that Ruan Mei + Harmony Trailblazer might be better.

Actually I'll just post her kit.

The key note with regard to team comp is that Core Overload isn't scaling like how Boothill's break effect scaling works, it's just a flat check. If she has 250%/360% break effect, she gets the bonus. If she doesn't, she doesn't. So you kinda need Harmony Trailblazer to hit the 360%.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Also swinging at broken enemies with 360% BE with Super Break from Harmblazer is going to do tremendous amounts of damage.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

The other consideration is that her Ult costs a whopping 240 energy. Assuming her enhanced skill restores 30 energy, and given her normal unenhanced skill restores 120 energy right off the bat, she wants to cast her enhanced skill 4 times during her Ultimate to be able to immediately Ult again with a single normal skill. At 180 SPD she can only do it 3 times, 1 after the 100% advance forward on Ult and 2 from taking normal turns, so ideally she wants to get the last 30 energy/extra attack from somewhere, and Asta + DDD or just plain ol' Bronya/Sparkle might be the answer to that. Or possibly Huohuo, although you'd also be leaving Gallagher's toughness damage on the table if you go that route.

In practice this might not matter in MoC, since if you can clean house in wave 1 without letting the timer catch up you can cheat in some extra attacks in wave 2, but it's still something to keep in mind.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 10:00 on May 5, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

incidentally her LC is just 60% break effect and a 15% damage taken/spd lowered penalty to enemies she breaks. its good but the misha LC is very competitive if you have it.

Eej posted:

Also swinging at broken enemies with 360% BE with Super Break from Harmblazer is going to do tremendous amounts of damage.
yeah she seems, extremely chained to harmony trailblazer tbh, she has no way of using her massive break effect otherwise. though given they gave super break its own key word i assume theyll release other units who allow people to do that.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

incidentally her LC is just 60% break effect and a 15% damage taken/spd lowered penalty to enemies she breaks. its good but the misha LC is very competitive if you have it.

Considering how much ATK she wants to maximize her conversions, just having 5* LC stats might be a concern.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Herta's Destruction LC might also work, despite not giving BE by itself. She needs 3400 ATK to max out her ATK to BE conversion, but since you want a BE rope, SPD boots, and most likely a critrate chest, just an ATK orb isn't gonna be enough, and the 64% ATK from the Herta LC could help you get there.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Well her Enhanced Skill does 0.5x Break Effect (+ atk) and cleaves 0.25x BE to the side so it's not entirely wasted but Super Break is going to like, triple* that damage.

*Depending on the Toughness reducing value of her Enhanced Skill, which should be more than a basic anyway

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

0.5x BE + 400% and 0.25x BE + 200%, with the BE value before conversion maxing out at 360% (so max of 580% + 290%), but yeah.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

Herta's Destruction LC might also work, despite not giving BE by itself. She needs 3400 ATK to max out her ATK to BE conversion, but since you want a BE rope, SPD boots, and most likely a critrate chest, just an ATK orb isn't gonna be enough, and the 64% ATK from the Herta LC could help you get there.

Woof! Walk Time! could also be okay. 20% attack and 32% bonus dmg to enemies with Burn.

However, her ult doesn't do any damage directly and her actions during it aren't considered ult damage, so Moles is off the table.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The reason why March is getting the next Path switch is because no one will ever stop using Harmony TB.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also firesam uses the same destruction mats as jingliu and misha and the same fire mats as gallagher, so the only thing you cant prefarm for her right now are the weekly boss mats. (whichll be available in 2.2) happy hunting

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Eej posted:

The reason why March is getting the next Path switch is because no one will ever stop using Harmony TB.

With a hat like that, why would you?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

However, her ult doesn't do any damage directly and her actions during it aren't considered ult damage, so Moles is off the table.

Considering that her ult is a buff, she would actually benefit from the Watchmaker's set, huh... Well, not that she wouldn't prefer to use her own bespoke relic set and let a buffer use that instead.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Also I'm dumb, Jade would pair well with Argenti too and he gets to use Izuno to pad out his stats if he wants.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Jade is still absolutely insane with Herta and merely okay with anyone else.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Looking at Firefly's kit, I wanna say that an energy-focused Harmony/5* Tingyun is probably already in the works. Her power ceiling is obviously gonna involve being able to Ult immediately after the timer catches up, without needing to take a turn in her normal state, but right now that's basically impossible, unless there's someone who's gonna be able to help her turbo it out.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

Looking at Firefly's kit, I wanna say that an energy-focused Harmony/5* Tingyun is probably already in the works. Her power ceiling is obviously gonna involve being able to Ult immediately after the timer catches up, without needing to take a turn in her normal state, but right now that's basically impossible, unless there's someone who's gonna be able to help her turbo it out.

Taking a single turn in normal mode isn't a huge penalty for her because her ult makes her next turn come immediately anyway. IE: the action that gives her max energy is "free" and in fact you'd lose a small amount of damage by missing it. Her ideal form is probably something like getting a Bronya boost right after her super mode runs out, and that action pushing her into her next ult phase. Although... in that situation maybe it'd be better to get a 3rd action in the original super mode? Not sure how the math works out on that.

Edit: Not even that small, her normal mode skill does like half her boosted skill? So assuming two boosted skills per cycle and somehow getting 50% energy out of nowhere, her normal mode skills would account for roughly a fifth of her damage.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 10:54 on May 5, 2024

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

drat, Sam has the SW weakness implant at E0?

Thought I might skip 2.3 but think i'll need to grab them. Monofire team sounds cool.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Thematically Harmblazer and Firefly being a great team up is fairly cool and it'd be nice to see Trailblazer in team comps again.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

So they're basically making Harmblazer mandatory for a lot of characters going forward. Xueyi, Misha, Boothill, and Sam all want them.

I like that Jade's basic is an aoe. I hope they keep it that way. That means she can pop her skill every couple of turns and generate sp. It also looks like she can be a support and a main dps. Robin is the better support, but I'm already locked on Boothill.

Remember, these leaks are still early. They will change before 2.3.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
How is Firefly ever getting to 360% Break Effect without her signature? All the sources of BE I can think of are:

4-piece Thief: 32%
New planar set: 40%
Rope: 65%
Traces: 37%
Watchmaker buff: 30%
Ruan Mei A2: 20%
Harmony TB E4: ~30%?

That's something like 254%, which would leave you looking for more than 100% from substats, which doesn't seem reasonable. Even a low-refine Misha cone won't really get you there. Am I forgetting something?

e: Oh, from her ATK. Duh.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 14:29 on May 5, 2024

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Well, that's how they're gonna get you to pull her signature LC, obviously. But besides that I think there's also the option of just settling with 250% BE. 30% DEF ignore is still really good, and going for the extra 110% might not be worth sacrificing crit value substats, for example, and it leaves space for some hypothetical future 5* limited BE buffer to allow her to reach that number more easily.

kittenchops
Jul 24, 2013

Hoyo seems to be experimenting with making the signature LCs (and weapons in Genshin) really good for the characters rather than just stat sticks. I hope they don't make them start to feel mandatory as I like having flexibility to have a few options..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

thats not really an experiment thats always been a thing

and idk firefly feels way less chained to her lc than some other recent units