Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Blistex posted:

Now I'm picturing Jack Lemmon talking mobiks into the high quality zinc coffins.

First place gets a rifle that works, second place gets a fishbrick, third place gets cargo 200.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Blistex posted:

Now I'm picturing Jack Lemmon talking mobiks into the high quality zinc coffins.

I told Mrs. Blyatborg, I looked at her in the eye and I said sign your mobilization documents

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Alec Baldwin tempts mothers to send their kids to the front by pulling two iPhones out of his briefcase.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Senor Big Snacks
Jan 6, 2024

Given how incompetent Russia is I bet he could sign up and do it again lmao

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Senor Big Snacks posted:

they probably gave him a signing bonus

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
Always Be Collapsing the future of the country for ..... reasons? putin sucks lol

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its for legitimation

past four times (chechnya, georgia, dagestan, donbas) worked great, why not this time? oops, war's 100x too big

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

An incredible person who put his life in danger just to stop the Russians in his own way.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

shadow puppet of a posted:

The good amraams, the glengaaaary amraams.

Don't forget David.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

god please help me posted:

An incredible person who put his life in danger just to stop the Russians in his own way.

yeah, holy poo poo

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
"Is a bastard"
"Signs a contract"
"Breaks contract, kills people"
"Such bullshit"

Sounds like a certain senior Russian figure.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Fucken hero

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Russian forces are advancing :(

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1786915509788610761

very long thread on what's left of BMPs and BTRs in Russian storage based on satellite imagery

quote:

37/ As I already said in my previous thread on BMPs and BTRs analyzing Vishun's footage, the rate of BMP cannibalization and removal from storage has gone up recently.
38/ Even with most footage in this thread being a lot older than Vishun's, you can see BMPs decreased in total from 6021 before the war to 4325 in the most recent footage. 1696 less BMPs in storage in a little over two years. Image
39/ And a huge share of what remains are broken vehicles or specialized versions which aren't useful in combat. And BMP-2s are almost gone, with most of what remains being BMP-1s.
40/ In the case of BTRs, BTR-80s are too almost entirely gone from storage facilities, and BTR-70s have slowly started to appear in the frontlines, though IMHO it'll still take for them to arrive in big numbers.
41/ With over 1500 BTR-70s in storage as of latest footage, they can still replenish losses with these for a long time, although it remains to be seen how many can be converted to the modernized BTR-70M version, with BTR-80 rear hull section and turret and a diesel engine, far better than the baseline BTR-70.
42/ I doubt we'll see BTR-60s ever, not in significant amounts. Maybe at some point we'll see some here and there, but that's it. They're too old, not as many as BTR-70s and probably mostly broken and/or cannibalized for spare parts to export to BTR-60 user countries.
43/ And after this and the recent BTRZ update thread, that's it for the counting and analysis of Russian AFV storage bases! Next and final thread should be about the odds of the Russian war effort in the medium/long term, based on how their industry will be able to cope with ever mounting losses and a smaller pool of replacement armor and spare parts and the like.
44/ Wrt this table, remember what I said in my MT-LB thread: a lot of footage is pretty low, numbers are probably much lower now (I estimate 300-500 in the case of MT-LBs).

edit:
:discourse:

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Senor Big Snacks posted:

"So, do you have any military experience?"

"...yes."

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1787114762330890304

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Do what that one guy above you did- shoot your officers, take their stuff (which was probably supposed to be your stuff in the first place anyway).

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
it does seem odd that there aren't more revolts (that we hear about) given how poorly the meat is treated and that they have access to guns and ammunition

zone
Dec 6, 2016

LordArgh posted:

it does seem odd that there aren't more revolts (that we hear about) given how poorly the meat is treated and that they have access to guns and ammunition

That has to do with the fact that mobiks aren't given guns and ammo until it's time to be on the assault, at which point the commanders are already far away behind a line of blocking troops. And also because revolting against their condition barely crosses their minds if it crosses them at all.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

LordArgh posted:

Russia is the kind of state where the authorities will go after your children, friends and family to get to you. This means that there are plenty of fates worse than just your own death that you need to be okay with before you can revolt.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

The mighty Russian superpower lost another IL-76 that was smuggling cargo from Tajikistan. The crew survived the accident, it caught fire and was destroyed after the crash

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

LordArgh posted:

Keeping docile slave armies both armed and also not a threat to you is sadly one of those skills honed by assorted civilizations for the past several thousand years. Russia, since the start of its existence, has excelled and specialized in this practice.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

It all boils down to being able to manage the "everyone under the ruling caste works against each other".

Keep the servants fighting each other and reward those who are loyal, and severely punish the ones who aren't, or are not showing it sufficiently. Also "if we don't make a number of ourselves or fight back, the next very bad thing will hit someone else, and maybe we are forgotten by the tsar for another decade".

naem
May 29, 2011

Ronwayne posted:

Keeping docile slave armies both armed and also not a threat to you is sadly one of those skills honed by assorted civilizations for the past several thousand years. Russia, since the start of its existence, has excelled and specialized in this practice.

In the US we use college tuition assistance

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1787162636968215022
:rolleye:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

LordArgh posted:

Half of them enjoys the brutality because they are the ones dishing it out (and the system and culture reward them for it), the other half is more afraid of their own side than the enemy (and the system and culture punish them for being weak)

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

If they paint it red, it'll go faster.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Wots da spinny bitz for boss?

E: sets off da minez? Or is it a preemptive tow bar (lol)

Strategic Tea fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 5, 2024

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Caddisfly case rear end tank.

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
It's a pretty cool recreation of that vehicle the little desert scavenger creatures drive in star war.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

A very low-effort replica of a Jawa Sandcrawler.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

I've seen that one in Warhammer 40K.

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1787205076404076917
It begins

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ninurta posted:

If they paint it red, it'll go faster.

:golfclap:

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

Strategic Tea posted:

Wots da spinny bitz for boss?

E: sets off da minez? Or is it a preemptive tow bar (lol)

Have ya neva seen a deff rolla before, ya git?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
we have Landkreuzer P. 1000 Ratte at home

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

That's gotta be hell on the suspension

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Pennsylvanian posted:

That's gotta be hell on the suspension

of disbelief?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

To be fair... posted:

Have ya neva seen a deff rolla before, ya git?

Its so quintessentially 40k Ork that it almost feels like they're leaning to hard into this 'ork' thing...