Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Either Trump becomes president again and has everyone working on the film put to death, or he'll be too tied up in lawsuits to get around to this one until 2145.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I'm sure this will be a winning strategy, as Barbara Streisand and her house can attest.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

I didn’t confuse them but I did confuse Jason not eating muffin. I think he just slaughtered a white dog like muffin lol

Funny enough, it later became a thing that Jason does NOT harm animals, because Kane Hodder refused to kill a dog in part VIII, saying that Jason isn't bad enough to kill a dog. Jason is a good boy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jason is based and king

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I'm sure this will be a winning strategy, as Barbara Streisand and her house can attest.

I mean you say that, but I truthfully completely forgot what the original Streisand Effect was even about, so I guess it is possible for poo poo to just blow over even if you don't shut up about it

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Trump partially funded that movie without knowing what it's about LOL

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The MSJ posted:

So did at least one Republican megadonor (Dan Snyder, notorious piece of poo poo).

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

Jason is based and king

They should have the next movie be about Jason killing a bunch of unlikable people instead of the mildly annoying but generally okay teenagers. Everyone already roots for him anyway, so just start making him the hero.

Like we already know he doesn't kill animals or little kids. He's already been softened up for a face turn.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Jason VS Wall Street

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Codependent Poster posted:

They should have the next movie be about Jason killing a bunch of unlikable people instead of the mildly annoying but generally okay teenagers. Everyone already roots for him anyway, so just start making him the hero.

Like we already know he doesn't kill animals or little kids. He's already been softened up for a face turn.

Tech bro retreat at Crystal Lake.

Or they turn it into a forced conversion camp and Jason goes after all the staff.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Codependent Poster posted:

They had him do this for Freddy vs Jason. He pretty much just murdered the most unlikeable people besides a few neutrals that got in his way.

I’d just be down for more Jason.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

CelticPredator posted:

They had him do this for Freddy vs Jason. He pretty much just murdered the most unlikeable people besides a few neutrals that got in his way.

The final destination films did this a bit I seemed to recall. For later instalments of a slasher franchiser I think it's usually a good way to go, as most of the audience is probably pretty much rooting for the killer anyway, so why not have him just be offing douche bags. Usually gets a bigger cheer form the audince.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Or they turn it into a forced conversion camp and Jason goes after all the staff.

Oh man, this is a good premise. Combine the slasher genre with a good prison break story, where we're rooting for the "guests" as they plan their escape amd execute their escape. But things go wrong, the whole plan falls apart...and then Jason happens, he goes after the administration, and all bets are off again!

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009
Edit is not quote...

A Worrying Warlock fucked around with this message at 11:46 on May 26, 2024

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
A plot like that, but done as a Dusk till Dawn twist.

A lot of crappy movies could've probably been vastly improved with an out of nowhere this is a Jason movie now actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The MSJ posted:

Parts of the Devil's Advocate was filmed at his apartment and later the writers said that the multimillionaire character who murders his family was based on Trump.