Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

FlapYoJacks posted:

Sweaty:
Long range:
- Jade Rabbit
- Drang

Short range:
- Jade rabbit
- Drang

lol

But yeah, makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kith posted:

trials: not even once

Generally I agree but man I like that gun a lot

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

life_source posted:

lol

But yeah, makes sense.

Drang is really REALLY good. :v:

Edit: lmfao I just realized I wrote Jade rabbit for short range. Whoops! I’ll fix that now.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Orv posted:

Generally I agree but man I like that gun a lot

brother that yeehaw scout with explosive payload and hipfire grip is SCREAMING my name. i want that drat thing so bad. stop tempting me

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

Is there dupe protection or other pseudo randomness in the game or is this some gambler's fallacy? I guess I'm just asking how these probabilities are arrived at.

Depends on which loot source you’re looking at, but of the ones that do have focusing or related mechanics, it only affects which item you get, the rolls of them are completely random. Community-calculated perk probabilities are based on that

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The community seems to have not realized how OP lightweight pulse rifles are in PVP right now so if you have a crafted Piece of Mind slap Enhanced Moving Target and Perpetual Motion on that sucker and watch as you get kills on players you weren’t even aiming at

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Piece of Mind with those exact perks was my old pvp weapon, seemed like everyone was using it back during Witch Queen.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I've loved lightweight and rapid pulses forever so I'm glad they're making some use in PvP at least. I have the Chattering Bone meme roll of Rampage/KC and while it goes off in PvE often it is way funnier when it works in PvP. Apparently the lightweights we have currently are Nightshade (which rules), Ogma, Chattering Bone, Battle Scar and Stay Frosty.

I love my Stay Frosty so much, Encore and Tricorn/Desperado. One day I'll get a good Battle Scar. I've only seen like three and all were trash lol

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Pirate Jet posted:

The community seems to have not realized how OP lightweight pulse rifles are in PVP right now so if you have a crafted Piece of Mind slap Enhanced Moving Target and Perpetual Motion on that sucker and watch as you get kills on players you weren’t even aiming at

Piece of Mind is Rapid Fire, not Lightweight.

Rapid Fire Pulse Rifles kick rear end. There's a reason I never let go of my Outlast from Gambit Prime.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The only time I put effort into trials was to get my hands on an Aisha's Embrace back when I made it my goal to get every solo flawless master lost sector triumph. Alacrity is a great origin trait for solo work and I enjoy rapid fire scouts.

Not enough effort to try for flawless of course, but even if you lost you got some saint rep which translates into engrams for focusing.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

Is there dupe protection or other pseudo randomness in the game or is this some gambler's fallacy? I guess I'm just asking how these probabilities are arrived at.

I know there are some rewards that have something unusual going on, but my impression is that stuff like the Brave regular rolls just have independent, uniformly-distributed perks in each column. So the probability of getting at least 1 ALH out of X rolls, where ALH is 1 of 7 perks in its column, is 1-(1-1/7)^X. I'm way past the knee of the curve, in other words. It's not really that meaningful except for complaining purposes, since my next roll has a 1 in 7 chance to give me ALH. I also have my successes, like getting a single Tusk of the Boar, and getting the Slideshot/Chain Reaction I was going for. Again, way more fun to come complain about my reverse lottery ticket.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kith posted:

brother that yeehaw scout with explosive payload and hipfire grip is SCREAMING my name. i want that drat thing so bad. stop tempting me

Well good news it’s actually bad at being a pure hip fire weapon like DMT, even with hip fire perks, so you probably don’t want it anyway. Also you could always suffer the ignominy of putting muted twitch streams somewhere on your computer for a few free engrams.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Where's the best place to grind for shaxxcoins? I've unlocked all the weapons but still need about a hundred medals or emblems of whatever to unlock the last 2 armour pieces.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Where's the best place to grind for shaxxcoins? I've unlocked all the weapons but still need about a hundred medals or emblems of whatever to unlock the last 2 armour pieces.

Legend 50 onslaught as far as I can tell. I’ve gotten a small chunk from farming old seasonal activities and platinum Coils in particular give a few but those are all RNG gated, whereas legend Onslaught will give several every ten minutes or so.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Thank the Traveler, I went on an insomnia-fueled onslaught bender last night and was rewarded with the two Luna's (Luna's-es?) I wanted the most: Slideshot/Mag Howl and Heal Clip/Incandescent. Would have been neat if they came on the same gun, but shinies are but a dream fantasy

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

hiddenriverninja posted:

Thank the Traveler, I went on an insomnia-fueled onslaught bender last night and was rewarded with the two Luna's (Luna's-es?) I wanted the most: Slideshot/Mag Howl and Heal Clip/Incandescent. Would have been neat if they came on the same gun, but shinies are but a dream fantasy

I got my Subsistence/MH and HC/I as shinies, just not on the same gun.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I don't remember WHY I thought this, but I thought only shinies could get Enhanced next season.

Literally all Brave guns can have their perks Enhanced next season. Oops, definitely deleted a buncha good stuff

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Shiny is purely cosmetic, which doesn't stop people from going insane over getting it

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They also have extra selectable perks, which is extremely good. Vault space!

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

haveblue posted:

Shiny is purely cosmetic, which doesn't stop people from going insane over getting it

They also have the double rolls

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
got my slice/chain reaction tusk of the boar :getin: making it all worth it

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Just did 4 random Nightfalls in a row with the other two people not having a single anti champion mod/weapon. It's the one in the dreaming city where you gotta toss orbs at your buddies to then throw at the white shielded enemies to break them. All 4 times I left during the elevator encounter because they wouldn't throw the orbs I throw to them at the shielded enemies.

I have never had such bad luck with nightfall matchmaking before.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

It’s amazing with how long The Corrupted has been around that the pubbies still don’t understand the concept of “throw orb at shielded enemies.”

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mill Village posted:

It’s amazing with how long The Corrupted has been around that the pubbies still don’t understand the concept of “throw orb at shielded enemies.”

Even more amazing is not knowing the passing it to another guardian buffs it up considerably.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I refuse to have more than a single roll of a gun in my vault, exception if I have a *really* PvP focused roll. Mainly because I always, absolutely end up just using a single roll I have anyway. Like yeah, this gun has three amazing godrolls, but I guarantee at the end of the season it drops one has hundreds of kills at least and the others have maybe twelve.

Also the shiny Brave guns are cool for double perks but I feel like I'm the weirdo because the ornament is... Fine? The fact you can't shade it is actually pretty drat annoying, and even on the shiny rolls I keep I tend to switch the ornament off. It looks cool sometimes tho I guess.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Nah the Brave guns look like poo poo

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Orv posted:

Nah the Brave guns look like poo poo

I'm proud of you for having the courage to say something incredibly stupid like that.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm proud of you for having the courage to say something incredibly stupid like that.

Except I’m right. They took several of the best looking guns in the game and gave them a paint job that shades badly and a chase cosmetic that looks bad.

And there’s Edge Transit too I guess.

E: if nothing else give me an ornament to return Midnight Coup to its original look.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Mustang posted:

Just did 4 random Nightfalls in a row with the other two people not having a single anti champion mod/weapon. It's the one in the dreaming city where you gotta toss orbs at your buddies to then throw at the white shielded enemies to break them. All 4 times I left during the elevator encounter because they wouldn't throw the orbs I throw to them at the shielded enemies.

I have never had such bad luck with nightfall matchmaking before.

I agree with this, but the matchmade nightfalls have weaker shields in the Dreaming City one as say the non matchmade or GM nightfalls. I know the frustration, but if they are not catching the balls after the first one just throw them at the shielded guys yourself. It takes like two to break them. Also, champions on the lesser strength nightfalls are manageable if your whole fireteam has no champ mods. Or maybe they loaded in thinking the other two would have the mods on or weapons equipped for champs. You can never be to sure what type of player your going to get….the gallants or goofus.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

fast cars loose anus posted:

got my slice/chain reaction tusk of the boar :getin: making it all worth it

I got a slice/hatchling one, and between not wanting to spend more time in IB and the incoming nerf to chain reaction, I think I'm going to leave it there. The threadlings will get some extra explosions, and interact with strand aspects/fragments more.

Orv
May 4, 2011
:psyduck:

T4 Deep Dive

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Orv posted:

T4 Deep Dive

2.58 k/d ratio, that's pretty good for crucible

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My guardian can't drown in the deep, he's a robot

Take that, Xivu

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

My guardian can't drown in the deep, he's a robot

Take that, Xivu

He can be crushed. The bubbles equalize pressure. :colbert:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Not really liking Luna's Howl with incandescent. Feel like Epochal Integration and Trust with explosive payload kill poo poo better for me. Wish I had a Zoulis Bane.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Orv posted:

T4 Deep Dive

You lfg'ed and got a titan submersible, not a submersible titan

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm pretty sure someone was teaching their dog to play, in which case it's a phenomenal achievement.

E: I'm almost certainly wrong but I would swear Blast Furnace used to have more bass to it.

Orv fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 5, 2024

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Is Serious Overchill still the discord to join?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

unless you managed to get banned from it by being bust rodd, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Finally got Buried Bloodline after a month of running the boss checkpoint x3 (with all the drop bonuses except solo clear). Knocked out the catalyst right after. Now I gotta power up the catalyst by getting kills.

God I love how dumb this game can be. It can't just give you poo poo.