Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I had 8 Luna rolls yesterday, not one had heal clip or incandescent :smith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I got two shiny Luna's Howls yesterday and neither one had perks I cared for. Honestly not a single Brave gun I've gotten so far has been a god roll I'm looking for.

I used to do a lot of raids with goons in Destiny 1, is there still a lot of goon Destiny 2 action on the Discord? I remember being able to easily just randomly join goon raid groups back in the day. Did a lot of Vault of Glass and Kings Fall.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Buce posted:

i have gone through 31 mountain tops and still no alh/recombination :stare:

yeah i have every other possible combination i wanted or could want but no alh/recombination.

(i don't hate this as i still have plenty of time to play onslaught before tfs)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Only got 2 ALH rolls for MT so far and one had Frenzy and Hard Launch & Implosion, so I'm calling that good enough even if Recomb might be more ideal?

Then again, for boss dps/bait and switch, Frenzy is probably going to be better.

Need to figure out some other (PVE) rolls worth chasing. Heard Firefly/One For All is a fun roll for Midnight Coup. Any particularly good Hammerhead rolls worth chasing if I got craftable Commeration?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mustang posted:

I got two shiny Luna's Howls yesterday and neither one had perks I cared for. Honestly not a single Brave gun I've gotten so far has been a god roll I'm looking for.

Sometimes you go for days without getting something good, sometimes you get multiple rolls you were looking for in one run.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Oxyclean posted:

Only got 2 ALH rolls for MT so far and one had Frenzy and Hard Launch & Implosion, so I'm calling that good enough even if Recomb might be more ideal?

Then again, for boss dps/bait and switch, Frenzy is probably going to be better.

Need to figure out some other (PVE) rolls worth chasing. Heard Firefly/One For All is a fun roll for Midnight Coup. Any particularly good Hammerhead rolls worth chasing if I got craftable Commeration?

For Hammerhead Envious Assassin can get you north of 200 rounds in the mag but it takes a while to build up.

I’ve got a Rewind Rounds + Killing Tally roll that just keeps firing for basically no effort if I’m landing shots and you don’t lose the damage bonus until you do a manual reload.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I feel like the thing that sets Hammerhead apart from Commemoration is Rampage in the utility perks column. Not that rampage is the best perk in the world, but any time you can get double damage perks on a gun, it's pretty cool

Rampage + Onslaught is a classic combo but I don't like Onslaught on a heavy. Purple ammo is precious so it's always better to get a perk that increases the damage per bullet rather than burn through your reserves faster

Rampage + Killing Tally is excellent

Rampage + Desperate Measures is good too, and the origin trait plays real nicely with Desperate Measures

Another difference is that Hammerhead has an absolutely comically busted high Aim Assist stat, so it's very effective in PvP (not a lot of great PvP perks on the gun but honestly it's like it has maxed out DSR active at all times).

Otherwise I think Commemoration is just a better gun, since Reconstruction is the best

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's bullshit that I'm too lazy to get the new Hammerhead and the ornament can't be used on the original one that I never deleted

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The Heal Clip/Incandescent legendary Sunshot sparks joy. It's probably assisted a fair amount by the seasonal artifact, but it feels good

The Subsistence/Magnificent Howl roll, on the other hand, does not spark joy (in PvE). It feels tedious to try and build up stacks, and I don't notice the extra damage, at least against cabal on Neomuna. If you are trying to squeeze every last bit of value out of MH, loader artifacts can refill your mag without needing to reload, and stacks of both sides of the perk persist when the gun is stowed.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Pantheon was fun although I feel like the difficulty is going to be totally determined by what the elemental surges are each week.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

IIRC the 'most recently released' dungeon is also farmable for legendary drops, but not farmable for exotic
You get 3 chances at the dungeon exotic each week though, since it's per-character.

Speaking of dungeon weapons, is a disorienting + chill clip Lingering Dread as funny as it looks on paper?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Not quite AS funny since they reduced the Slow stack application per Chill Clip hit so needs 3 hits to fully freeze, but still a useful thing to keep in your vault.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Another difference is that Hammerhead has an absolutely comically busted high Aim Assist stat, so it's very effective in PvP (not a lot of great PvP perks on the gun but honestly it's like it has maxed out DSR active at all times).

Imo the roll for pvp is 4ttc/desperate measures. One stack of desperate takes it to a 4c on all resilience, you need 2 stacks of tally for the same. Can really go on sprees with it in 6s.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

VodeAndreas posted:

Not quite AS funny since they reduced the Slow stack application per Chill Clip hit so needs 3 hits to fully freeze, but still a useful thing to keep in your vault.

Yeah it feels pretty nice when I need a disorientating/cc - really handy for the last boss of Warlords since disorientating is handy for getting the dudes to stop trying to transfer the debuff back to you.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I understand and accept that I suck at pvp in this game but you would think that just once out of 8 games by chance id get placed on the team that mercy-ruled the other instead of always being on the team that gets stomped

e: figured something out finally

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 00:24 on May 3, 2024

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

fast cars loose anus posted:

e: figured something out finally

What was it?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Crucru bad no play

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

PathAsc posted:

Crucru bad no play

ha I wish it was this but the answer is I was trying to use sunshot and im getting a lot better results with ace of spades to knock off this week's hand cannon quest

im just grinding iron banner til i get a tusk of the boar to drop so its not like i need to win or anything its just frustrating to always get stomped even knowing Im usually gonna be the worst player on either team

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

fast cars loose anus posted:

ha I wish it was this but the answer is I was trying to use sunshot and im getting a lot better results with ace of spades to knock off this week's hand cannon quest

im just grinding iron banner til i get a tusk of the boar to drop so its not like i need to win or anything its just frustrating to always get stomped even knowing Im usually gonna be the worst player on either team

well, you can either keep telling yourself you suck or take the steps to consider things you're doing right and thing's youre loving up on (aside from playing crucible, remember to tip your waitress). It's going to be miserable if you're begrudgingly doing it for a gun you may not even get a good roll on or even use in the future.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
My current Crucru pick is Jararaca and like, a sidearm or SMG. I switch it up a lot tho. Sometimes I accidentally end up with like a pulse and scout, which isn't so great for close engagements lol

Anyway, I have a slideways and chain reaction Tusk roll and while I know it's MeTa turns out I loving hate the slide to reload stuff. Just feels bad, never remember to do it thus negating the whole point, and frankly I just don't want to learn it. So I'm gonna hunt a new roll, regretting the Enlightened/Hatchling roll I trashed accidentally.

Still haven't seen the new SMG tho lol

Orv
May 4, 2011
I got a Mach with Tap the Trigger and Iron Grip and while I'm sure Iron Grip has some kind of use somewhere and isn't just a troll perk (???) boy that felt bad.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Spanish Manlove posted:

well, you can either keep telling yourself you suck or take the steps to consider things you're doing right and thing's youre loving up on (aside from playing crucible, remember to tip your waitress). It's going to be miserable if you're begrudgingly doing it for a gun you may not even get a good roll on or even use in the future.

I know. I try but I have to do it in the downtime between matches because the first thing I have to work on is getting a little titled (which is silly, I know)

Also I should first stop torturing myself by using a hand cannon tbqh I do a lot better with auto rifles usually

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

lol if you haven't completed every Brave weapon quest at the loot cave.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Highly recommend the AMMIT AR2 for a pvp autorifle. Replaced Gnawing Hunger for me, though I haven't used it in a while.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

lol if you haven't completed every Brave weapon quest at the loot cave.

Breakneck checkpoint on the lightfall campaign is nice. free rally flag and a good 60-70 vex to kill before blowing yourself up and repeating. Checkpoint also carries over week to week.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Don't sleep on the Bonus Progress for getting the brave quests done in onslaught! You can get at least one done per 10-wave version, plus some actual loot

"more rewards for less work, is good"
- i say this, often

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Mustang posted:

Highly recommend the AMMIT AR2 for a pvp autorifle. Replaced Gnawing Hunger for me, though I haven't used it in a while.

honestly this is the one I use most often yep

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Don't sleep on the Bonus Progress for getting the brave quests done in onslaught! You can get at least one done per 10-wave version, plus some actual loot

"more rewards for less work, is good"
- i say this, often

Agreed this is how I've done every one of them up until this handcannon one only required 50 guardian kills and I knew I'd be doing a lot of Iron Bannering (Im already halfway done so its working)

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
I have gotten 52 Mountaintops and not a single ALH. I realize them’s just the breaks, but this is starting to feel a bit personal. I think 45 puts me over 0.999 probability of having gotten one. 60 will get me to 0.9999. At this point I need to see it out to get closure. Can’t wait to see what poo poo perk my first one will pair with!

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Is there dupe protection or other pseudo randomness in the game or is this some gambler's fallacy? I guess I'm just asking how these probabilities are arrived at.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I feel like the "better progress in Onslaught" is hit or miss for some of the quests/weapons, and depends how active/aggressive your teammates are.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Precision kills in onslaugh? no thanks.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Does Legend Onslaught have matchmaking? I haven't had the time to try. I mean, I've done Legend Onslaughts, I just haven't tried to pub one.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh no, I got a random, fairly poo poo, The Prophet from doing a tiny bit of Trials and finally tried it and it speaks to me. Now I need a good one, alas more Trials.

Orv fucked around with this message at 04:53 on May 3, 2024

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

trials: not even once

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I did all my focusing quests at shuro chi. The headshot one was annoying but not terrible, and it gave me the opportunity to test out all of my midnight coup rolls. End result is that I like the austringer more.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Kith posted:

Does Legend Onslaught have matchmaking? I haven't had the time to try. I mean, I've done Legend Onslaughts, I just haven't tried to pub one.

Nope

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Kith posted:

It does not. Hell, not even Normal Onslaught (the one that goes to 50, not the Onslaught Playlist one that stops at 10) has matchmaking.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

ullerrm posted:

It does not. Hell, not even Normal Onslaught (the one that goes to 50, not the Onslaught Playlist one that stops at 10) has matchmaking.

50 Onslaught definitely has matchmaking, although it seems to only 'look' for new players every 5 waves or something.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ullerrm posted:

Yes it does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
My current PvP loadouts:

Casual:
Long range:
- Polaris Lance
- fractethyst

Mid range:
- No Time to Explain or Messenger/Blast furnace