Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
Hey there

Any goons still playing this game? I just started recently cause I heard there was an update that improved performance/made it more responsive. Let's talk about granblue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

https://discord.gg/NNAdxMqg

That is where we all are, no idea why no one made a new post for it after peach(I assume) closed the old one.

Hop in and find a crew. Pelt us with questions. Chat with a bunch of cool and handsome people.

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021

Fat and Useless posted:

https://discord.gg/NNAdxMqg

That is where we all are, no idea why no one made a new post for it after peach(I assume) closed the old one.

Hop in and find a crew. Pelt us with questions. Chat with a bunch of cool and handsome people.

Awesome thank you. Will do so when I get home later today.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I loved Sui from the most recent event, make her playable Cygames

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
i am going to 'play' the 10roll button during free rolls this christmas :v:
actually playing takes way too much time, i was doing daily omega raids and stuff for a while and reached up to rank 160 but eventually dropped it cus I just didn't have enough free time to feel like it was worth it grinding on any goals outside of that like farming new M2 weapons or figuring out wtf sandbox is or getting the weapons to limit break my yuni harps

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

These days I only check in on Granblue a few times a year, but I am glad that there's still plenty of little incremental progress bars I can very slowly work on. Auto-clearing the omega raids is a nice way to slowly deplete my stamina potion hoard. Maybe I'll unlock a new tier 5 class eventually.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
ringing the bell for seasonal players, free daily single draws and bonus login crystals begin Today with roulette starting up in one week

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Thanks!

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Looks like another age of power creep is upon us. I just glanced at the wiki, and Bahamut received a 6-star progressive uncap to Level 250, with an aura that now boosts all elements, increases call damage on summons, AND cuts summon cooldown timers. The next year or so is probably gonna be pretty wild when the specialized elemental stuff shows up.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
6-star summons :toot:

to fully transcend him costs 18 eternity sand, which looks like it's a 0.1% drop from gold chests on a handful of raids? ouch. plus an extra sunstone! (maybe it's higher than that in endgame stuff like SUBHL, but the wiki doesn't have rates for those yet. it only lists 0.1% for the 6D raids)
but also his aura says "Boost to all Elemental Damage" instead of "Boost to all Elemental ATK" which sounds like it might be a different part of the damage formula? either that or just some translation jank -- other all-elemental summon auras like Huanglong or Beelzebub still say ATK. but even if his aura ends up weird/weak he has a good sub aura too.

e: though in nice not-so-p2w news he is actually usable as a friend summon, unlike the last mega op powercreep summon Beelzebub

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 29, 2022

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
for anyone interested in legfest weapon leaks:

FRIED Spear (Spear)
C.A. Crispbolg: Massive wind DMG to a foe (Sharp boost to C.A. specs from 3 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. [JST] on Fridays)
Skill 1 Ventosus's Might: Big boost to wind allies' ATK
Skill 2 Black Night Fever: Big boost to wind allies' ATK from 3 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. (JST) on Fridays

Crimson Scale (Axe)
C.A. Damnatio: Massive fire DMG to a foe/ Bonus Fire DMG effect to all allies
Skill 1 Blaze's Pact: Supplement fire allies' DMG
Skill 2 Axe Voltage II: Boost to ATK based on how many axes are equipped
Skill 3 (Lvl 150) Blaze's Quintessence: Boost to fire allies' DMG cap

Leporidius (Katana)
C.A. Virtue of the Rabbit: Massive light DMG to a foe / Shield effect to all allies
Skill 1 Light's Fandango: Small boost to light allies' ATK / Small boost to triple attack rate
Skill 2 Golden Arts: Boost to light allies' skill DMG cap
Skill 3 (Lvl 120) Glimmer's Quintessence: Boost to light allies' DMG cap

Friday, Michael, and the new Zodiac Makura respectively. while the others were announced on stream, Friday seems to be a surprise.

we'll also be getting the Yatima summon that was announced on the holiday stream, which promises to be bonkers, so don't forget to hold your rolls on the last day of flashfest if any of this looks interesting! the guaranteed 200 free rolls will also fall outside of fest banners as is tradition, so don't count on them for a discount spark.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Any interesting developments for Dark weapon grids these days? I was looking at my sword combo Chaos Ruler team, and I'm guessing that there might be something better to use than the Orchis character weapon now that Tier 5 classes are in play. Current grid below my team is currently Chaos Ruler + Vira + Black Knight + Lich, Olivia + Grand Zooey, but I have lots of other good dark units including Fediel at this point.

I'm guessing that Fediel is worth swapping in even if she is a Draph unit who won't benefit from the bahamut dagger. She does count as a sword unit, at least.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Lich + Fediel is an extremely strong combo. throw a kengo MC in there too with the Class Champion Weapon mainhand and ougi for days. Fediel's permanent field effect drains hp on each turn but Lich's Peace in Death nullifies that downside and turns it into powerful heal over time instead. Meanwhile lich can ougi every single turn and fediel's giving the whole team 50% CA cap up etc.
For that kinda team you'd want to do like a stamina ougi grid with two fediel spines and, for magna, 3 abyss spines. IDK what the primal weapons look like.

Fediel is also strong in non-ougi-based burst teams because of her 6-hit skill that she auto casts on NA, which synergizes a lot with supplemental-damage weapons like Agonize or Pain And Suffering. BTW you definitely have at least one PNS since you have lich, that's a very strong grid weapon even at 0* and you should probably fit it into whatever you do. Even better if you have 2 of them. Won't work very well in a cosmic sword grid though! It gives extra EX mod based on the number of axes in your grid, capping out at 80%. Although with just two PNS plus your seraphic axe you already get 48% EX mod plus 100k supplemental damage on everything.

Your sariel summon also has a 4* uncap now and a pretty strong call so if you can get that you should probably swap him out of the sub-aura slots.

You're right that parazonium is not that good anymore. DATA buffs on ougi kinda fell to the wayside due to the amount of DATA-buff powercreep, for example fediel gives the entire team permanent 100% DA / 30% TA, and if you're using the Death summon to burst in raids the buffs are totally worthless as you have 4 turns of guaranteed TA.

there's a list of a bunch of current meta (magna) grids in this google doc, Jeb's Magna Grid Guide. If you want hades weapons grids you've gotta look elsewhere though.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Dec 31, 2022

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

I did a little digging, since my current grid is set up for Hades. There's a scythe called Pain And Suffering that was meta as recently as a year ago.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Granblue_en/comments/ru7blt/pregw_discussion_hades_optimus_weapon_grid/

It gives supplemental damage, EX atk-up based on how many axes in grid, and a damage cap boost. Pretty strong!

A dark opus weapon is also highly recommended. That would mean I want to pick up the Katana of Repudiation (locking me out of the draconic weapon option, which boost based on number of turns passed.). I already have dark opus weapons for fire, earth, water, and light, but I should be able to afford boosting it up at this point.

A Pendulum of Strife would let me upgrade the katana to boost my multi-attack rate, offering a superior version of the Orchis dagger I currently use as mainhand. But it does look like these days there are some even better upgrade modules available if I can figure out Belial raids.

Two issues. One, I'm not sure what class I'd use for katana mainhand, and two, my current dark grid is all about Hades Stamina+Sabre bonuses, and I'd probably want to rework the whole thing if I dropped enough Sabre content.

I DO have a mainhand ultima sabre (currently modded for +multiattack, +dam cap on skills)... but I am not ready for double plus bahamut raid fights to get my second uncap.

Skeletal Eclipse might be kind of interesting... it boosts triple attacks, and I have three copies. It would be easy to refine into a serviceable mainhand paladin weapon. I think that I still count for being a sabre type as paladin for ultima buffs, even if I am using the other weapon for class.

EDIT: Viking with Pain and Suffering as mainhand, no other changes. Damage rises to 320k, formerly 235k. Wow! I hear it gets even stronger if you can cram in 2 Pain And Sufferings with a supticket or something.

avoraciopoctules fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Dec 31, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The Small Fandango passive on skeletal eclipse is only 2% TA at skill level 15, just don't worry about multiattack from grid anymore. You get 100% DA for free just for running Fediel in your party, seriously.

Pain and Suffering is super OP though and definitely still meta. There's a copy of it for light named Harmonia which is equally must-slot and just today they released Crimson Scale which does the same thing for fire.

Michael, the unit crimson scale unlocks, also has a pretty OP sub-ally passive:

That's a 20% boost to all primal and magna weapon skills just for sticking her in the party.

Other fun powercreep news: Yatima, today's unticketable Providence summon. At 4-star her sub aura allows you to call two summons per turn, and her call activates the call effects of 2 other equipped summons.

e:

avoraciopoctules posted:

EDIT: Viking with Pain and Suffering as mainhand, no other changes. Damage rises to 320k, formerly 235k. Wow! I hear it gets even stronger if you can cram in 2 Pain And Sufferings with a supticket or something.

You can't suptix pns as it's a grand weapon. You'd have to spark it during a flash gala, or use the anniversary ticket.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 31, 2022

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Man, this new banner is amazing. Incredible fire power creep, interesting new zodiac, super cool powercreep summon, and Friday as a solid comedy draw. I'm gonna spark this one for sure, though it would probably be wise to take some more free draws first.

As for my grid, I think the main thing to decide on is which weapon to drop now that I have seen the power of switching to Viking. The qilin sword is my only source of EX buffing, and the light shield always works with Lich filtering incoming damage. Maybe drop blutgang for the dark opus boost? I don't think critical hit buffs do a lot if you are fighting elementally neutral enemies. The seraphic scythe can stick around to enhance Pain And Suffering.

EDIT, no I'm dumb, critical hits do work on neutrals according to the wiki

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
When designing the new summon they probably forgot that Bellringer Angel exists:

Yatima + Beelzebub + Bellringer:
https://twitter.com/zekasyuz/status/1609036858541092864

You can call her every turn, her cd gets refreshed every time. Each time Yatima's call triggers Beelzebub's for sicknasty damage and debuffs and then triggers bellringer to refresh Yatima's cooldown.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Dec 31, 2022

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

avoraciopoctules posted:

Maybe drop blutgang for the dark opus boost?

blutgang is old and busted, definitely put it on the chopping block. if you want to go crit, double hades and two bab-el-mandeb is the way, with the bonus of them being axes that will give you a further boost from PnS. it's admittedly a bit of a tall order, but next anniversary isn't too far away and that's prime discount sparking time.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Huh. I DO have a lvl1 copy of bab-el-mandeb in the stash, and it does count as an axe. Maybe I should test a new grid layout out... this is starting to look like I might benefit a lot from outgrowing the constraints of at least some of this sabre buff combo.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

When designing the new summon they probably forgot that Bellringer Angel exists:

Yatima + Beelzebub + Bellringer:
https://twitter.com/zekasyuz/status/1609036858541092864

You can call her every turn, her cd gets refreshed every time. Each time Yatima's call triggers Beelzebub's for sicknasty damage and debuffs and then triggers bellringer to refresh Yatima's cooldown.

DING DONG

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I didn't get the bunny. I think the president should be aware of this gaffe

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I only got Yatima, but hell I'll accept it.

Shoulda been a unit though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I got two Michaels and no bun, should have been one of each imho

I guess that is a real good axe though

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

I didn't get the bunny. I think the president should be aware of this gaffe

she'll definitely rerun during the 9th anniversary free-roll campaign in march
iirc last year they gave everyone 200 free rolls on the all-zodiacs banner at the end of the anniversary stuff

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
i managed to get all the new stuff over the course of two sparks :toot: hopefully I can have another saved up by the time anniversary rolls around

zero treasure cost hosts are on for the next 10~ days so don't forget your super annoying daily hosts like lowbie proto/ultimate bahamut

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
just wanna say that lunalu paired with makura is a funny clown car setup

what if makura's 1 went off 8 times per turn

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The 2-day long Granblue Fes con is going on. There's an in-person con in Japan with a bunch of professional cosplayers on Cygames' payroll and I have no idea what kind of in-person events, plus a (japanese language) livestream with some events and stuff including a few concerts later and a preview of the upcoming GBF relink game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntgJKMu6KiY

here's some random pics off twitter
https://twitter.com/toritori_miyabi/status/1616580587405611008
https://twitter.com/FairyTale_maze/status/1616363872172273664
https://twitter.com/tommy883twf/status/1616057064153055232
https://twitter.com/tnirirmaru/status/1616617544739336192
https://twitter.com/MPopyon/status/1616281760568061952

lu woh is cool, he's the only dragon that isn't playable yet:
https://twitter.com/MPopyon/status/1616375682078216192

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 21, 2023

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Looks like Granblue Versus got a game refresh with rollback netcode and cross platform play:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ln58g217C4

But let's be honest. Granblue Fall Guys is the new game here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOVAZg3QJF0

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
lol that they accidentally made H. Florence's 1-turn assassin buff so ludicrously OP that the new light-advantage raid has a passive effect that just disables all 1-turn buffs for all characters

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

New story is great with plenty of returning R/SR units from the past, the first appearance in story of Lolo/Lala (The outfit tailors) and Naomi Ohzora going full Satania for Cendrillion in the final arc

Also continues the trend of me wanting new story characters to get playable versions!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
https://twitter.com/TwitterDev/status/1621026986784337922?s=20

granblue has used twitter as its only raid-finder mechanism for years, :rip:

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
pre-anniversary celebration starts today which means daily crystals, single draws, half ap, etc etc all the regular stuff. also your last chance to use the 8th anniversary weapon tickets since they'll expire at the end of the month

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

There's a "new skyfarer" event that just got added after the maintenance. It's another 100 free summons, parallel with the existing anniversary wishes. Featured units are pretty nice too, you have a decent chance at some cool angels/dragons showing up for your team. They also added new uncaps for the Lucifer summon, but I am too casual a player to nab any eternity sand, I doubt it will be relevant.

EDIT: Those Six Dragon summon uncaps are pretty big! I wonder if I should try figuring out whether I could get one with a gold moon ticket...

avoraciopoctules fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Mar 23, 2023

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
You probably shouldn't spend the gold moon ticket on anything as a new player until you know what you're doing, since it'll be a really long time before you scrape together the moons for another one. But if you do use it, the #1 best thing in the game to get with a siero ticket is Beelzebub. He's really strong both early on and into late game and is a core part of pretty much all farming or burst damage setups, which are 90% of what you do in this game. And he's still great (though less important) as a sub summon for non-burst-focused fights too.

Keep in mind that the 6 dragon summons only boost primal weapon skills, but the best farmable grids are all Omega grids. Primal grids use mostly gacha weapons, and are pretty much restricted to whales or long-term players who have saved lots of resources over the years. If you just put together a half-baked one with whatever you have on hand and it's not like multiple copies of all the best most optimal weapons in the game it'll end up being worse than an omega grid, while also costing a ton of rare resources like damascus bars and sunstones.

And yeah, the new skyfarer draw thing is based on the most recent gala banner, the one we just got 100 draws on two days ago. That was actually an "all grands rate up" banner so the 4 characters listed as "featured" aren't actually on significant rateup, instead all 26 flash-gala-limited Grand charcters are at a (pretty small) 2x rate. You're just as likely to see Lich or Shiva etc as you are to see Galleon. There's a 6% overall SSR rate but there are so many SSRs in this game that each individual SSR is at just a 0.02% chance, with the rateup characters being 0.04% instead. (For players who register after today it will instead be based on the first banner their account sees, so someone who registers during a Lich rate-up banner will also have a lich rateup on the new-skyfarer banner)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I payed for Step 2 and it gave me exactly one SSR, and it was one of the worst characters in the game currently (Nezha)

I got owned

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
they did some work on Nezha recently and he's actually pretty decent

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

https://twitter.com/TwitterDev/status/1621026986784337922?s=20

granblue has used twitter as its only raid-finder mechanism for years, :rip:

Today is the day:
Twitter logins: gone
Twitter Star Character AP refresh: gone and replaced with 2 half pots and 10 berries for logging in
Tweeting out your raids: gone, replaced with a basic in-game raid finder that lets you see only the shared battles of a specific raid

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Welp.
The new raid finder seems decent for the really popular raids like PBHL but the fact that it has no 'push' functionality and you have to manually refresh the list to see new ones is gonna make it much more of a pain to do infrequently-hosted raids or ones that fill up fast like Huanglong & Qilin. Especially with NA ping... Say goodbye to getting any animas as an EN player without joining trains I guess.

Although even Japanese players have to deal with the 3-second lockout between refreshes at the moment. They say they want to improve the backend to fix that.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I dont play anymore but the saddest thing about Twitter integration ending is not seeing the April fools star character refreshes next year. hope they got something good cooking for when it rolls around again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

grats to the lesbians