Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I'd buy the Edge if I had any guarantee that Sony won't pull the rug again and prohibit it from working on the PS6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

big nipples big life posted:

Ah a stellar blade fan.

That's a good point. I know you can swap the sticks out on it, can you buy separate sticks a la carte?

Yes and they're in stock right now

https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/buy-accessories/stick-module-for-dualsense-edge-wireless-controller

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

oh wtf they have been out stock for 9 months and the day I mention it they come back lol

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Complaining about drops online works once again

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is there a way to have all my installed games show at once on the main page?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

goblin week posted:

I'd buy the Edge if I had any guarantee that Sony won't pull the rug again and prohibit it from working on the PS6

like literally what is the difference between a dual shock 4 and dualsense except the mic i don't use and the haptics that only ps5 exclusives support, and thus no games do in a meaningful way

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

YggiDee posted:

Is there a way to have all my installed games show at once on the main page?

Lol. Lmao.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well since we're all posting YouTubers to parrot our own opinions I'll join in too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aoe1pnxmtQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMCp0BCc3Zc

The only part missing from the CalebCity one is also the players going 'I'll find some woman who works in the company and threaten to come to her house and murder with a gun!' if they get mad or don't like the story or they think it's woke or something.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 3, 2024

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

goblin week posted:

like literally what is the difference between a dual shock 4 and dualsense except the mic i don't use and the haptics that only ps5 exclusives support, and thus no games do in a meaningful way

the sound quality out of the 3.5mm jack is a million times better

e: I have small hands and the DS4 was still a little on the small side, I much prefer the feel of the dualsense

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

goblin week posted:

shut up bitch

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The haptics are cool

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism
My only complaint about my dual sense edge is that both of the rubber grips on the backside have started to peel at the top most corners. Pisses me right off :mad:

Hoffadoff
Sep 27, 2008

I Wanna Rock Your Body
(till the break of dawn)

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

My only complaint about my dual sense edge is that both of the rubber grips on the backside have started to peel at the top most corners. Pisses me right off :mad:

Yeah mine are bubbling up at the very bottom of the handles. I never touch that part of the controller so I don't know why it's happening. I ended up just buying a grip to cover the controller.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Apropos of nothing I just saw All of Us Strangers but for some reason all I can think of is the filamental whiplash of Bloodborne

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This hasn't happened with mine but that rubber turned slightly yellow and it's pretty much uncleanable. I asked a few other people and they all had the same issue with their edges so I know I dont just have abnormally gross hands.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Hoffadoff posted:

Yeah mine are bubbling up at the very bottom of the handles. I never touch that part of the controller so I don't know why it's happening. I ended up just buying a grip to cover the controller.

veni veni veni posted:

This hasn't happened with mine but that rubber turned slightly yellow and it's pretty much uncleanable. I asked a few other people and they all had the same issue with their edges so I know I dont just have abnormally gross hands.

It's not rubber it's thermoplastic/TPR and they will peel on every single Edge eventually, because there is no adhesive that can permanently bind such a closed-cell material to injection mold plastic. usually the delamination process will start near screw holes or injection mold post holes and maybe migrate as air gets in. my guess is they will keep their bond for a while yet, even though it looks like it will peel off easy scraping it off is more work than it seems, and a new 3rd party grip can be adhered. not ideal design tho. cleaning can be done with white vinegar, but some gradual discoloration is also part of its lifecycle. obviously smokey and or humid environments will have an extra effect on the material. i'd advise against cleaning TPR or really any plastic surface with other chemical solutions or bleach, or even strong alcohol.

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

The voice command assistance software always being on and listening for commands just drains it. Turning that off and auto-muting the controller mic on startup drastically increases session life.

Will try that tonight thanks

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

goblin week posted:

Hmm, I haven’t even thought of that. I guess the idea is that the edge is meant to last, especially with the replaceable sticks so they better support it. Although I’ll probably want the ps6 controller.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's not rubber it's thermoplastic/TPR and they will peel on every single Edge eventually, because there is no adhesive that can permanently bind such a closed-cell material to injection mold plastic. usually the delamination process will start near screw holes or injection mold post holes and maybe migrate as air gets in. my guess is they will keep their bond for a while yet, even though it looks like it will peel off easy scraping it off is more work than it seems, and a new 3rd party grip can be adhered. not ideal design tho. cleaning can be done with white vinegar, but some gradual discoloration is also part of its lifecycle. obviously smokey and or humid environments will have an extra effect on the material. i'd advise against cleaning TPR or really any plastic surface with other chemical solutions or bleach, or even strong alcohol.

Dork alert over here

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’d personally not spend £210 on a controller with bits that peel off :smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

yeah but the bits in question are kind of a nice soft rubber which might actually be really nice for you ergonomically since you like putting your dualsense in your mouth.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Escobarbarian posted:

I’d personally not spend £210 on a controller with bits that peel off :smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo:

Man you should see what happens to the switchgear in a Ferrari after a few years :monocle:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

yeah but the bits in question are kind of a nice soft rubber which might actually be really nice for you ergonomically since you like putting your dualsense in your mouth.

I started playing Returnal again yesterday and didn’t take long to get my teeth on that poo poo again, the haptics in that game are insane

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Dork alert over here

this is what i get for inhaling solvents in an unventilated room for years on end :tizzy:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I play games to feel powerful because kicking rear end feels good. Resident Evil FPS games just make feel vulnerable while I wait to trigger some spooky chase sequence.

Bring back 3rd person view and boulder punching and make Resident Evil great again.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Augus posted:

Aside from some a few much-needed QOL improvements, XIII-2's combat is gonna be hit or miss compared to XIII depending on your personal taste. It's the same basic system but trades the tightly designed challenge for more freedom and customization. If you prefer a challenge that demands quick decision-making, you'll like XIII more. If you like prefer building an overpowered team that will break the game over its knee, you'll like XIII-2 more

Lightning Returns is a new, more action-focused combat system that's sorta a midpoint between XIII and FF7R. It's pretty different from the first two games but a lot of fun imo

Tightly designed challenge is exactly what I liked about 13’s combat and being able to trivialize a game with a broken character/party is my biggest complaint with many RPGs, so I’ll skip 13-2. You have me curious about LR though. I don’t think it runs properly on the deck, but if that ever gets fixed I’ll give it a look.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

I play games to feel powerful because kicking rear end feels good. Resident Evil FPS games just make feel vulnerable while I wait to trigger some spooky chase sequence.

Bring back 3rd person view and boulder punching and make Resident Evil great again.

I think the next entry should be third person too but this isn't really what FPS RE is at all past the first hour.

Also I suspect that post was supposed to be for the RE thread but close enough

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

A Quality Post

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I don't think Ethan is any less capable of dealing death by the end of RE7/throughout RE8 than Leon is in RE4.

I'm okay with either 3rd person or 1st person RE9, so long as the FPS ones keep getting made in some capacity.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Stellar Blade uses the DS5’s dual vibration motors independently for directional haptics, which is something I’ve never seen before

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

I’d personally not spend £210 on a controller :smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo:

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

sekiro is bullshit

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

That’s right, it’s so good it’s bullshit

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

thread title

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
So I’m 60 hours into Fallout 4 and I’m just… bored. It was fun exploring and doing random stuff until remembering that weapon variety is dreadful, uniques aren’t unique, and when going to a new place I just clicked into the routine of kill things, find junk with specific components, get some ammo drops, scrap weapons, and move on. Doesn’t help that locations are way too big and there’s way too many of them.

Like seriously I can’t overstate how loving expansive areas are. When I go into a FO3/FNV area, it’s a few rooms with some enemies and some crates. Cool. Pop in, kill stuff, read a terminal, pop out in like a couple minutes. Unless it’s an important dungeon in which you’re prepared to explore more extensively. In FO4 you come to a town, it has like three or four marked locations and they’re all dungeon sized. When you first get to the Corvega plant and you’re like “omg this place is a maze and full of raiders” and it takes FOREVER to clear… yeah that’s not a one off. And your reward is… 🤷‍♀️

Magazines in non quest areas are hilariously pointless, most uniques are shop items and reeeeaally stretch the definition of unique. I feel like I have no incentive to explore anymore now that my loadout is pretty maxed out with a fully upgraded sawn-off, .44 revolver, and Gauss rifle. When I hit that point in 3/NV it’s still fun building a collection of the games equipment but here… I guess I already did? I have a laser rifle which means by extension I have the pistol, shotgun, and automatic variants of it already. Got a combat rifle? Cool, then I already implicitly own a semi-auto marksman rifle, pseudo-assault rifle, and sniper rifle. And hey maybe it’ll have some exciting ~*legendary*~ effect like a small damage boost against a very specific enemy type! Oh boy!

Companions? Cool guys but I feel like missed potential. I picked a bunch of locks and now Piper is my wife. Hacked some terminals and Valentines thinks I’m the savior of Boston. Unequipped armor and wandered around and Cait magically decides to get sober. There are good characters hidden under a completely baffling affinity mechanic. Not baffling as in I don’t understand it, baffling as in why is this the way it is.

And my most nerdy complaint, the decision to make DR exponential. FO3 was fine with DR being a flat, well, damage reduction. DR of 50 means you take 50% damage, max of 85 DR means you take 15%. Simple, easy to understand. Personal favorite is FNV going to DT, where anything under your DT makes it do a flat 20% (I think) damage, and it requires harder hitting weapons to actually break through and cause damage. FO4’s system? The more DR you have, the less damage you take! How much? Who knows! Seriously, it follows a logarithmic curve. The jump from, say, 10 to 40 DR is bigger than the jump from 40 to 400 DR. Why? Why do that? Now instead of quick mental mathing what weapons I can theoretically ignore I just don’t have a clue and shoot for a big number and hope it made literally any noticeable difference.

This all really adds up to me becoming burnt out on kinda wanting to go back to Far Harbor, as I hadn’t really explored it since it came out. I’d done several modded plays on PC but never touched the DLC much, and once I got it on PS4, the mods I’d had (just a bug fix one and some QoL stuff) made a very consistent crash early in Far Harbor, killing my interest. Now I just kinda don’t want to come home from work, eat, explore maybe a few locations, get pointless crafting junk, and go to bed. What are we even doing here, I’m literally complaining about a game having too much content

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I'm obsessed with Remnant 2 at the moment. What's the word on the new DLC? Who has played it?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

i got past two sticking points i was having trouble with in sekiro tonight. but now i'm just up to another miniboss fight that feels like a huge pain in the rear end to memorize. die. respawn. fight or run past a bunch of grunts. get to the miniboss, fail to memorize the pattern or predict or react fast enough to the attacks. die. respawn. eventually get it. fight a bunch of low level easy grunts. another mini boss. repeat.

the movement feels pretty janky. like i'll run, jump onto some ledge, run, and go to jump again so i can hook onto some tree branch, and it all feels kind of unresponsive and accepts the running input well before it accepts the jump. a lot of times when i'm trying to get into a flow of movement, i just wind up running straight off a ledge i meant to jump off of at the last second.

also, wolf doesn't always grab onto ledges with consistency. enemies don't always get a red target on their back when i approach them from behind. it all just feels about 10% off and inconsistent which makes it annoying to replay the same parts after i inevitably die.

most of the time i just run straight into an arena of grunts and brute force them because it doesn't even pay to wait forever for them to attack you just so you can deflect. i'm still extremely early on in the game and some of these enemies get a red target with just a few sword slashes even when they're blocking if i just wail on them. i'm sure that will change as the game progresses and gets tougher, but it's not exactly training me to rely on deflects as much as i thought i would need to. and that just further fuels my lack of patience for dealing with any of them during these repeated attempts to kill one miniboss. i'm not gonna stealth around a section and backstab enemies when i can just slice them up or completely go around all of them and run straight to the miniboss so i can get my death over with.

idk. i did a ton of complaining when i first played bloodborne, but i really thought after playing bb, des, ds1, ds3, er, and lies of p, that sekiro wouldn't feel like that much of a departure. but i'm just not loving it the way i expected i would or thought i might based on all the praise.

i'll keep going, but it's a bummer i'm not having more fun with it.

Fix posted:

I'm obsessed with Remnant 2 at the moment. What's the word on the new DLC? Who has played it?

i bought it bc i watched my video game buddy playing it as he was casting his screen and it looked pretty fun. but the few times i've jumped on and played with him, i legit have absolutely no idea what's going on or what any of the mechanics are or anything. it makes me feel like my dad trying to figure out how to get the VCR to stop blinking 12.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Fix posted:

The new DLC was pretty good. I liked it a little less than the first one, but the one-shot version was fun and the new gear/weapons are cool.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShoogaSlim posted:

i'll keep going, but it's a bummer i'm not having more fun with it.

I do hope this changes for you.

You saying you were playing Sekiro got me to install it again on my PC and I have been sailing around being a wolf and damaging everyone. You are sort of playing the correct way. Not everything has to be a block/deflect. Wailing on enemies is exactly what they do to you and they punish you quite quickly.

Taking advantage of no stamina means you can be agressive permanently and bust out a deflect as soon as they try to recover and then keep wailing.

I came up against the chained ogre yesterday evening and died the first time because I was trying to remember what to do with him and then remembered 'Oh yeah! I can just attack' and backed him into a corner and sliced and diced and jumped over the grab and he melted.

Felt very cool and a complete departure from my original run.

It is a different mindset to all the others, this is for sure, but I truly believe it is the fairest of the Fromsoft games. Everything revolves around one play style so it is perfectly balanced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Theres a sekiro randomizer for pc. Pretty fun and spices things up a bit if you want some more sekiro action