Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Maybe if people were punished by some kind of forum authority pushing the buttons that make them have to knock it the gently caress off they’d stop doing bad bits, just thinking out loud

Erin's like the most responsive mod we've had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I don’t get the problem as long as it’s contained to wwe threads. I don’t think hoot is actually working anybody up, so much as people want to interact with the guy who is watching 7 hours of fed tv as part of a bit

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's really not even close.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
the problem is that hoot is trying to do it in every thread they can and it's all lovely and lazy

forum ban

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

the man just likes his wwe and posting about it is drving people up the wall

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Suplex Liberace posted:

nah he's been doing poo poo in the Cornette thread and other places

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I just want funnier gimmicks than "actually it's good". When he just enjoys the show it's fine

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

MJeff posted:

It's really not even close.

rude

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah and the dipshit in question has still managed to keep doing his lovely JAQoff gimmick relentlessly in multiple threads.

Longer probes, forum bans, whatever. Stick an IK in the WWE thread to play whack-a-mole with him or something.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like when the guy posts about wwe main event.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I like the idea of someone willingly subjecting themselves to Main Event and pretending to like it out of pure spite.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Majinfoose posted:

I'm all for removing the WWE thread, OBVIOUSLY, but some people want to talk about it UNFORTUNATELY, but maybe giving the gimmick poster a forum ban could be a good idea.

IDK, banning QoP would be a little harsh, even if the gimmick is very played out.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I used to like the C shows back in the day because Gangrel would get some wins

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

apophenium posted:

The WWE thread could just be the 3 people who actually watch WWE but no one has the self-control to just let them sniff each other's farts. I promise that if everyone who didn't give a hoot about WWE stopped posting in the WWE thread it would fade away. I'm marking the WWE threads unread so I don't get tempted to wander back in there and see the same dumb rear end poo poo.

E. For example it's been a whole week since the "Weekly WWE" thread got a new post even though there have been 3 WWE shows since the last post.

Yeah I've done this after WM bc I was becoming toxic and it isn't fair to the community, but I do like peeking in from time to time as a little pissy treat.

forkboy84 posted:

IDK, banning QoP would be a little harsh, even if the gimmick is very played out.
Lol

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Suplex Liberace posted:

It’s a gimmick and we know that cause he does it in like cspam and stuff. It’s just boring man idk, people seem to really want there to be big pro and anti WWE camps and really I just want to talk about the rock pissing into bottles

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Trying posted:

I used to like the C shows back in the day because Gangrel would get some wins

NXT the gameshow was definitely the most watchable weekly WWE show for a while

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

That DICK! posted:

It’s a gimmick and we know that cause he does it in like cspam and stuff. It’s just boring man idk, people seem to really want there to be big pro and anti WWE camps and really I just want to talk about the rock pissing into bottles

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Also Erin is a great mod, not that that was in question

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

prove it. not on me

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

people should be allowed to watch and enjoy WWE and discuss WWE on the wrestling forum

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

That DICK! posted:

he's really watching WWE

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

people should be allowed to watch and enjoy WWE and discuss WWE on the wrestling forum

they already are allowed

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

they already are allowed

You can even be annoying about it! Of which there are many cases.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Doesn't seem like that's the issue in question, here.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Actually it's not wrestling, it's Cinema so it should be in the moievs forum

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

holy poo poo i NEED smg posting about wwe

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's allowed to enjoy it and he's even allowed to troll, he just has to get funny

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Gumball Gumption posted:

He's allowed to enjoy it and he's even allowed to troll, he just has to get funny

forum ban it is then

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Earnestly posting about Main Event is the funniest thing someone on this forum as posted in months.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

NienNunb posted:

Earnestly posting about Main Event is the funniest thing someone on this forum as posted in months.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I do think people should just, y'know, ignore uninteresting threads or posters and no-sell bad bits, and there's not enough Just Scrolling Faster

This right here.

And Erin is a great mod :colbert:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Gumball Gumption posted:

i am afraid it is very funny

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Gumball Gumption posted:

I mean this is an argument for banning 95% of people who post here

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

make me a mod

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

from a purely comedic perspective, it would be far funnier if, rather than waiting for the wwe trolls to post something funny, they were instead hunted down like dogs

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if i see any bad faith trolling in any threads, including wwe thread, you're gettin the bat

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i cant see reports but im on pretty much opposite hours of erin so if you cannot reach her just shoot me a pm and sting 64 will come to your aid.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I want to see the evolution of the CSPAM posters getting into Puro/Joshi or Lucha

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Tampa Bae posted:

I want to see the evolution of the CSPAM posters getting into Puro/Joshi or Lucha

Come to epa, we have several posters, including more than one cspam poster who saw the light and are now joshi fans. Though, we apparently didn't get any of the weird ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

Come to epa, we have several posters, including more than one cspam poster who saw the light and are now joshi fans. Though, we apparently didn't get any of the weird ones.

They can't be true CSPAM posters then