Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Slow cookers are wonderful, but some things just do not work in them. Sometimes the flavor and texture simply disappear into thin air. I'm just imagining those slimy, slimy peppers and onions...

My wife is still apologizing for the one time a decade ago that she tried a "crock pot French toast" recipe.

(And I'm still apologizing for the time I tried to boil a packet of frozen, pre-seasoned sweet potato fries. At least the steam smelled nice!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009
I still remind my Mom from time to time about when she put natural casing hotdogs in a slow cooker with sauerkraut and let er rip for 8 hours on high. The hotdogs turned inside out and dissolved when you poked them

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Freaquency posted:

Yeah I use the paddle on the kitchenaid to do pulled chicken

I got one late last year, it's awesome, one blip and you've got a pile of perfectly shredded chicken.

more falafel please posted:

i just use two forks vOv

That's fine for a breast or two, but if I'm pulling my meat for a big group of people it's a pain in the rear end. I'd rather get in there and tug it with my hands, or break out the heavy machinery.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Elviscat posted:

That's fine for a breast or two, but if I'm pulling my meat for a big group of people it's a pain in the rear end. I'd rather get in there and tug it with my hands, or break out the heavy machinery.

I think this is the horniest post ever made on these forums.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

uber_stoat posted:

you can get metal claw things that you wear on your knuckles. they also work well if you are press ganged into an Enter the Dragon style life or death martial arts tournament.

In that situation I would choose the hand mixer. Watch as I shred my opponents fingers.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Captain Toasted posted:

The hotdogs turned inside out and dissolved when you poked them

New thread title?

Elviscat posted:

never mind

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

uber_stoat posted:

you can get metal claw things that you wear on your knuckles. they also work well if you are press ganged into an Enter the Dragon style life or death martial arts tournament.
Additionally you get to act like you're Wolverine for a while, many upsides to da claws.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm the best at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice *shreds up slow-cooked meat, but then adds just way too much Great Value barbecue sauce before dumping it all on plain sliced white bread*

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm the best at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice *shreds up slow-cooked meat, but then adds just way too much Great Value barbecue sauce before dumping it all on plain sliced white bread*

if it ain't Sweet Baby Rays it ain't BBQ, bub.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The weirdest thing about this, to me, is making a sauce but then also using a packet of premade sauce. If you're going to use premade sauce, and you want the recipe to be "extra-easy", why not just use 100% packet sauce?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ricotta? What is that, some kind of fancy eye-talian cottage cheese? La-de-dah mister Michelangelo

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I like how it's "easy" because you don't have to put it in the oven, but instead you microwave it for like a half hour

Though I'll admit I have never considered whether microwaving pasta could actually be a thing, and now I'm curious...

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It's not that different from microwaving ramen.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Sir Lemming posted:

Though I'll admit I have never considered whether microwaving pasta could actually be a thing, and now I'm curious...
If you're just boiling it anyway, it shouldn't make a difference?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I remember there were some infomercial gadgets in the 90s or 00s to help you get that perfect microwave noodle.

Tiggum posted:

The weirdest thing about this, to me, is making a sauce but then also using a packet of premade sauce. If you're going to use premade sauce, and you want the recipe to be "extra-easy", why not just use 100% packet sauce?
It's packet sauce seasoning and it looks like it's used in some attempt to infuse seasoning directly into solid stuff like the sausage and noodles sheets.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Tiggum posted:

If you put premade sauce in your sauce you get twice the sauce per sauce.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

zedprime posted:

I remember there were some infomercial gadgets in the 90s or 00s to help you get that perfect microwave noodle.

I actually have one and use it almost every week. It's a lot faster than bringing a whole pot of water to boil, and since it's just me and the Missus, it's pretty great. I would not use it for filled pasta or gnocchi, but regular spaghetti and the like it works well.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Friend texted me this. I suspect weed was involved.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ah yes, the Chicago Mix

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Nameless Pete posted:

There has to be someone on this weird world of ours that legit enjoys this combination.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.
Pretty sure my nieces and nephews would love that, though they’d probably request some pickles on top.

Hoyota
Oct 3, 2013
Isn't that just standard issue Toddler ChowTM?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Cheezits followed by a swig of white can Monster (aka stock boy breakfast) tastes exactly like Froot Loops

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Sweet and salty, it's basically low density trail mix.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
fail mix

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nameless Pete posted:

Grind it into powder and use it as breading and/or seasoning.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i spent too much time trying to figure out how the scales were part of the deli go round

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I see the hey fatso scale and immediately understood how I managed to inherit an eating disorder. Still want one for the camp value nonetheless.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

DELI DELIGHTS…AND HOW! is like a prefab gang tag just sitting there.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I need a hey fatso scale.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

There's enough abuse freaks in this world that a foul mouthed talking scale is actually a decent product idea!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

“gently caress you, lard-rear end!”