Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Very much riding the redline of all out war with the aliens. ive got 8 platforms in intermediate orbit pooping out nuke armed monitors, and i just ganked their first assault carrier in orbit. then their retaliation dreadnaughts. im up to 30 exotics from being super aggressive at them. Body blocking PD fire with my ships so the missiles get in :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keisari
May 24, 2011

BattleMaster posted:

Newest beta adds new mechanics and new VFX for shaped charge nuclear warheads where they detonate when PD intercepts them and impale the target with a spear of plasma

https://i.imgur.com/tdfvCXK.mp4

Omg. This is amazing and I will totally switch my missile ships to be using primarily this!! Wow it looks great!

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
Well I managed to kick the Servants out of Russia so they don't have nukes anymore.

I also figured out why the heck 33% of the world keeps liking them as well, it's probably because of the drat Martyr trait that triggers giving them a big boost worldwide.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Koorisch posted:

Well I managed to kick the Servants out of Russia so they don't have nukes anymore.

I also figured out why the heck 33% of the world keeps liking them as well, it's probably because of the drat Martyr trait that triggers giving them a big boost worldwide.

Assassinations are rarely ever worth it if you're the one triggering martyr. Turning a servant into an informant, 0%'ing their failure so they don't get caught, and then using the info to detain and strip their important councilor's orgs is much more effective. Assassinations also tend to make the AI very angry and they'll start trying to retaliate and losing your 25/25/25 adviser isn't worth it.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
Turn->Resign takes 3-4 councilor actions rather than 1, but avoids all danger traits.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Atopian posted:

Turn->Resign takes 3-4 councilor actions rather than 1, but avoids all danger traits.

Dont they go to the recruitment pool in that case?

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
They go to *your* pool briefly.

After that, unsure, but I haven't seen them pop back up if I don't hire them.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
The orgs end up back in the purchase pool. The main thing you're doing is costing the other faction time and money since each faction has a different set of orgs it can buy at any one time.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Rynoto posted:

Assassinations are rarely ever worth it if you're the one triggering martyr. Turning a servant into an informant, 0%'ing their failure so they don't get caught, and then using the info to detain and strip their important councilor's orgs is much more effective. Assassinations also tend to make the AI very angry and they'll start trying to retaliate and losing your 25/25/25 adviser isn't worth it.

Oh, i know about that, I never try to assassinate the ones with dangerous traits if I can avoid it.

It's just that the other factions probably kill their agents and that's causing the martyr effect.

Which is really annoying because if I go into the faction popularity mapmode half of the world is purple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

BattleMaster posted:

Newest beta adds new mechanics and new VFX for shaped charge nuclear warheads where they detonate when PD intercepts them and impale the target with a spear of plasma

https://i.imgur.com/tdfvCXK.mp4

I can't get this out of my head, it's so cool. Also, not sure why i'd ever use anything else once unlocking them, they seem too good.