Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Had a curious bug today. After winning a strategy match, the result screen said "Lost" instead, then the game just kept displaying that screen and didn't react to any inputs. Had to close the game and restart it. The recent battle record properly displays the match as won though, so at least worked properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
With the Replacers coming next, we can be confident that we're not getting Dive 46-50 before the next dive reset device (and probably not for another 2ish months). Anyone who was holding their dive reset device in hope of getting an extra shot at the last five depths should feel free to use it now.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

https://twitter.com/CounterSideGBL/status/1568766277140811780

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
Alright, after my last random SSR here's my lineup:

I have 2 pick tickets now and one next week.

I have a bunch of strikers and rangers, so I figure I should get a sniper - Xiao Lin - and a defender - Serapel.

Next week I figure I should pick Yang Harim while staring longingly at Gael.

Are there any other people I should be prioritizing over Xiao Lin, Serapel and Yang Harim? Assuming the tickets let me pick those characters, of course.

Also, I assume this battle pass Replacer King guy is a scam of some kind but assuming I fall for it what's the most cost-effective way of getting enough admin points to get the pass that gets me him?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

PatentPending posted:

Alright, after my last random SSR here's my lineup:

I have 2 pick tickets now and one next week.

I have a bunch of strikers and rangers, so I figure I should get a sniper - Xiao Lin - and a defender - Serapel.

Next week I figure I should pick Yang Harim while staring longingly at Gael.

Are there any other people I should be prioritizing over Xiao Lin, Serapel and Yang Harim? Assuming the tickets let me pick those characters, of course.

Also, I assume this battle pass Replacer King guy is a scam of some kind but assuming I fall for it what's the most cost-effective way of getting enough admin points to get the pass that gets me him?

Serapel and Yang Harim will only be on the one special SSR ticket you buy from the capital point store (or some in the cash shop). Xiao Lin is on a lot of tickets you get as a new player, so grab her from one of those. I would get Yang Harim over Serapel since there are plenty of tanks in the game but only one skill haste booster.

The counter pass is actually the best way to spend money on the game, if you want to do that. And Replacer King is very strong (and an awakened you don't need to spend black tickets on) so this is an especially good counter pass. The best way to get admin coins for it is the 30 day subscription. The scam part is that there's no good way to buy exactly as many coins as you need for the counter pass, the 30 day gives you like 50% more than you need.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
All selectors have a limited set of SSRs. You can tap/click on the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner to see the options. Even if you don't have the ticket yet, you can click on it in the rewards screen and then the magnifying glass. I think that two of them will only have Xiao Lin/Kyle/Esterosa/Liz Gaeun/Titan/Stronghold as options. Xiao Lin is an obvious choice: she's already one of the strongest employees, part of the best possible squad in lots of places, and she's getting two rearms in the future. If you're going to get any SSR testimonials in the next few days, it might be worth waiting to see if you get her as the random employee from one of them (she's one of a small number of options on some), but otherwise feel free to grab her ASAP. For the other employee, it's mostly a choice between Esterosa and Gaeun. It's honestly pretty close. I'd favor Esterosa if I were in your position, but if your heart is set on Gaeun, don't hesitate. She may very well be the better choice in the short term.

As for the Capital Point selector that has all save a few of the newest SSRs as options, Yang Harim is indeed the obvious choice.Serapel likely isn't the next best. She may be if you're sufficiently into pvp, but in PvE, even though it's reasonable to call her the best non-awakened defender, it's usually either the case that one of Dominic/A Yuna is good enough or that you want a more specialized tank than Serapel.

Replacer King is by all accounts broken in PvP. You're going to have a rough time in the weeks where he's not heavily banned unless you have him, especially since we don't have Serina Crew yet. The most cost-effective way to get admin coins for the pass is the 30-day subscription, although you can likely cobble together something a buck or two cheaper with 18-day subscriptions and the $1 one-time admin coin purchase if you don't think that you'll want admin coins at any point in the future.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Thanks both, Xiao Lin and Yang acquired. I've got a week until the next selector; Estarosa surprises me. Is that for her rearm, or is she just better than that tier list puts her?

I'll likely go for Replacer King as well, thanks.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

PatentPending posted:

Thanks both, Xiao Lin and Yang acquired. I've got a week until the next selector; Estarosa surprises me. Is that for her rearm, or is she just better than that tier list puts her?
She's pretty tanky even without her rearm, that combined with her upcoming rearm makes her worth investing into.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Alright, I'll keep that in mind - thanks!

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

PatentPending posted:

The rearm is the deciding factor. The chance of getting any given off-rate SSR in a single month isn't especially high, but it adds up enough over multiple months that when you're deciding between two employees that are at least somewhat close in value, it makes sense to pick the one that gets more from extra copies. If you stick with the game long enough, it's likely that you'll get both eventually.

It's Esterosa's current form that puts her close in value to Gaeun, though. There are specific fights where some subset of her true damage, barrier removal and self-barrier can come in very handy. Meanwhile you already have ASY to carry you through many (though admittedly not quite all) fights where Gaeun is especially valuable.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I started playing this game yesterday, what the gently caress is up with this Taskforce Plan mission tracker thing that wants me to do the pretty hard (for a total newb like myself) Orca Hard 1-2 before I even do more of the main story? I have pretty bad gacha luck and am categorically anti-reroll so my character pool is pretty limited at the moment. I have Chifuyu (I heard she was one of the best to get from the 30 pull selector thingy), Shin Jia from spending a buck on the store, an extra copy of Seo Yoon, Yang Harim, Karin Wong and Lumi. I do admit I probably got kinda lucky pulling Yang Harim. Should I just ignore the Taskforce Plan stuff or is there some way to make the Orca mission easier that I'm missing?

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
The missions for clearing the main story episodes are retroactive (unlike many others) so you can progress there in order to get some more xp. You can trash extra copies of any R rarity units that you won't be using soon and grab the APT core coupons with ownerless business cards in the appropriate store for a bit of limit breaking. Just be sure to save 30 for the taskforce mission to spend them.

In terms of strategy, you can make sure you're picking the right low-rarity employees. There are snipers so you probably want a defender to screen for Chifuyu once they come out: Administration Shieldfighters if you have them, one of Irie/Ryan/Hound (probably in that order) if you don't. A second healer would be good, too. Eveyln is especially fantastic, but all of the non-SSR options are good. You probably don't want to run Lumi, which leaves you with one more slot to fill with dps (or maybe even two, depending on your low-rarity options: Seo Yoon with low skill levels isn't that attractive). Alternatively, if incoming damage is your main problem, you can leave two or three slots empty so you can cycle back to Chifuyu faster and redeploy her when her health starts getting low.

HundredBears fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 13, 2022

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

When I decided I needed Evelyn I just ran her shard grind stage like 60 times because autorepeat is a thing and newbies get nigh-infinite stamina (eternium?). 10/10 healer, would grind again.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

https://counterside.com/?p=3997
https://counterside.com/?p=3994
  • Replacer King battle pass
  • Awakened Lee Sooyeon rerun
  • Replacer Knight
  • Replacer Bishop
  • Replacer King (operator)
  • Britra raid season
  • Gauntlet shop rework (reset on September 22nd, then another reset on October 1st)

gibbed fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Sep 14, 2022

Padomyme
Jan 9, 2005
Burn the women and rape the cows
Started this game a few days ago after seeing this thread. Applied to GoonSquad as Xobraix

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
my punishment for getting ASY in 20 pulls was going to hard pity for R. Bishop

not worth it

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

So I think I've reached the gear grind. From what I can see, I have access to Superconductive and Polymer gear from raids, Maze and Gordias from arena and theoretically Spectral from those high-difficulty fights I can barely touch right now.

Internet tells me that gear with set bonuses that aren't Attack Speed, Cooldown Reduction or HP (so basically everything I have) is useless.

So I'm basically at the point of grinding raids and arena, crafting/buying Sc Polymer Maze and Gordias and recycling anything without those set bonuses, right?

Is Sc superior to Polymer? I have thousands of polymer tokens but only 100 Sc and I'm wondering if I should be converting them to make Sc equipment.

E: I mean in general; I'm going to be looking at the Prydwen cheat sheet to see if any character wants my high -tier gear before I throw it in the woodchipper.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Neither is superior to the other, they do different things. Polymer is a defensive set, and SC is a offensive set. I'm using a lot of polymer on my tanks and strikers. I don't use SC much but I use it on my more dps focused guys.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

gear 101

Do not waste Blue or Gold Binaries on any gear that isn't t6 or t7 of specific gear families:
  • Maze (ALL slots) - Maze is the best set in the game because of the innate Anti-Ground Dmg. Maze armor is best in slot for everyone. The main drawback of Maze is the limited availability so you're going to want to have gear presets and swap around often. Limited as one-time purchases from the Gauntlet/Challenge/Danger Close shops and rarely events like the Maze event a few months ago.
  • Gordias (Accessories only) - accessories are excellent for tanks/defensive supports. Limited as one-time purchases from the Gauntlet/Challenge shop.
  • t6 Polymer/t7 Inhibitor (Weapon only) - Best tank weapon family. Farmable/craftable from Inhibitor boss. Polymer can be upgraded from tier 6 to tier 7 Inhibitor.
  • Hummingbird (Weapon only) - best tank weapon family. Inhibitor is slightly better. Farmable/craftable from Danger Close shop.
  • Spectral Blaze etc (Soldiers or Mechs only, can be filler for Counters) - Most Soldiers and Mechs only have passive skills and their basic attack so they prioritize ASPD instead of CDR. Farmable/craftable from Shadow Palace shop
t6 Sc/t7 Britra's specialty is Crit Damage%, which is of niche use and not worth specializing in. If you get a Sc/Britra drop with a good set bonus/substats, great! You have a filler piece. Sc is not worth rerolling at all. You don't really want to reroll character specific equipment either because those eventually become farmable. Binaries are hard to come by and are the main differentiator of whales -> dolphins/light spenders

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 15, 2022

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Cool, OK that clears some things up for me - thanks!

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

PatentPending posted:

So I think I've reached the gear grind. From what I can see, I have access to Superconductive and Polymer gear from raids, Maze and Gordias from arena and theoretically Spectral from those high-difficulty fights I can barely touch right now.

Internet tells me that gear with set bonuses that aren't Attack Speed, Cooldown Reduction or HP (so basically everything I have) is useless.

So I'm basically at the point of grinding raids and arena, crafting/buying Sc Polymer Maze and Gordias and recycling anything without those set bonuses, right?

Is Sc superior to Polymer? I have thousands of polymer tokens but only 100 Sc and I'm wondering if I should be converting them to make Sc equipment.

E: I mean in general; I'm going to be looking at the Prydwen cheat sheet to see if any character wants my high -tier gear before I throw it in the woodchipper.

Good advice above for endgame stuff, but I'd note that if you haven't done Shadow Palace yet then you can still get a tonne of mileage out of lower tier items and less-than-optimal set bonuses. Plus, it'll take bloody forever to even equip eight people with endgame gear types in the right bonuses, let alone multiple squads for danger close, raids and dives.

Sets like attack, crit damage, and defence are decent enough, and it's worth keeping anything with the right set bonuses at lower tiers, from regular crafting, gear supply missions and whatever else you're doing.

Especially if, like me, you're too lazy to constantly shuffle gear every time you re-organise a squad to meet a mission requirement or deal with PvP bans or whatever.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Gyoru posted:

gear 101

Do not waste Blue or Gold Binaries on any gear that isn't t6 or t7 of specific gear families:
  • Maze (ALL slots) - Maze is the best set in the game because of the innate Anti-Ground Dmg. Maze armor is best in slot for everyone. The main drawback of Maze is the limited availability so you're going to want to have gear presets and swap around often. Limited as one-time purchases from the Gauntlet/Challenge/Danger Close shops and rarely events like the Maze event a few months ago.
  • Gordias (Accessories only) - accessories are excellent for tanks/defensive supports. Limited as one-time purchases from the Gauntlet/Challenge shop.
  • t6 Polymer/t7 Inhibitor (Weapon only) - Best tank weapon family. Farmable/craftable from Inhibitor boss. Polymer can be upgraded from tier 6 to tier 7 Inhibitor.
  • Hummingbird (Weapon only) - best tank weapon family. Inhibitor is slightly better. Farmable/craftable from Danger Close shop.
  • Spectral Blaze etc (Soldiers or Mechs only, can be filler for Counters) - Most Soldiers and Mechs only have passive skills and their basic attack so they prioritize ASPD instead of CDR. Farmable/craftable from Shadow Palace shop
t6 Sc/t7 Britra's specialty is Crit Damage%, which is of niche use and not worth specializing in. If you get a Sc/Britra drop with a good set bonus/substats, great! You have a filler piece. Sc is not worth rerolling at all. You don't really want to reroll character specific equipment either because those eventually become farmable. Binaries are hard to come by and are the main differentiator of whales -> dolphins/light spenders

As someone that has really only looked at the gear bonuses (e.g Attack Speed, Cool down, etc.) and has no clue what is good beyond that, this is incredibly helpful. Thanks!

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
So far I don't really see why Replacer King is such a big pvp deal. I had some successes with him, when he revives all the disposable soldiers from the Blue Bridge's drop pod skill. But the guy also rushes into melee where he can't hang for long, even with a tank and support.

Also the cheap revives are usually blown away easily if the opponent has some strong units on the field.

I'm probably doing something wrong and need to watch more pvp vids, but using him last night led to a drop from Diamond 1 to 3.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 16, 2022

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I don't do PvP, but the top comment on a Reddit thread about using him in PvP has this to say:

https://old.reddit.com/r/CounterSideGlobal/comments/xescmm/how_to_use_replacer_king/

quote:

I ran into a few people leadering him and dropping him first.

first of all, dont do that.

He may be a defender, but dont treat him like that. tbh treat him like seo yoon, a ranged dps thats not gonna die in 1 shot.

Chunk out soliders and low cost units firs tto build up a frontline for him, drop him before these die and when they do, he summons replacers and gets the passive going.

then use the ship skill and summon even more fodder, keeping him safe in the backline to punsh the feild to death,

If you put him down first, he pushes way to fast and can die really easily.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Sep 16, 2022

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Slight exaggeration,but I feel like I haven't won a ranked match since R King came out. I can't seem to get wins with him, and I get wrecked by everyone who uses him. What's a good counter to him?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Is he even obtainable yet without buying counter pass levels? I'm sort of shocked by how many I'm running into if that's the case.

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

Is he even obtainable yet without buying counter pass levels? I'm sort of shocked by how many I'm running into if that's the case.

Nope. Even if you maxed out your XP since day 1 of the pass, you'd need to have bought levels to make it to 15 this early.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
How the hell do y'all have him already? Buying your way further into the event thing?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

New Leaf posted:

How the hell do y'all have him already? Buying your way further into the event thing?

batteries! posted:

Nope. Even if you maxed out your XP since day 1 of the pass, you'd need to have bought levels to make it to 15 this early.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

You can get it now without buying levels, since the weekly missions just reset a few hours ago.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

The Moon Monster posted:

You can get it now without buying levels, since the weekly missions just reset a few hours ago.
You will probably need to have completed the "day 0" dailies as well (the post-maintenance, pre-reset daily missions) to have him now, come next reset that's no longer an issue.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
So far I really don't have much respect for him, cause the striker rush team I'm using this week has repeatedly clowned on most people dropping him in ranked.

From my personal experience I find him hard to use, because you need to time his deployment perfectly with the death of another unit, so that he gets his range buff up and does not rush into the front line. Something made even trickier by the Blue Bridge's speed buff.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

roadmap for the rest of 2022
https://counterside.com/?p=4068

https://twitter.com/CounterSideGBL/status/1572051706841825280
https://twitter.com/CounterSideGBL/status/1572051717210116096

rearm in december

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

I’ve heard the Horizon event story is really good.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

I’m probably going to be ignoring replacer queen apart from a couple of yolo pulls and saving for ministra - queen sounds cool but ministra feels like she’s more generally useful. Sure do hope I somehow kick into both, though.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

We're getting the 1st anniversary Awakened selector this week
A.Hilde or A.YMina

also in December:
- the 2nd anniversary selector with A.Yuna, A.Na Yubin, or A.Amy*** (might by replaced by someone else)
- Global is getting a collab

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Half the characters in this game are "Jiggle Physics: The Gacha". Looks like the winter stuff will be no exception.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

So all those blue pieces of relic gear you get from running the relic dungeons are totally worthless, right?

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
They're worth a decent amount of xp for gear enhancement but yeah, if you're strong enough to farm relic dungeons then you should have much better stuff to fill all of your gear slots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

https://counterside.com/?p=4117
nerfed all the raid bosses and reduced raid size from 24 units to 16

they reset our saved raid squads in the process