Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This Mill deck does pretty well consistently for me

1 Spider-Ham
1 Yondu
2 Beast
2 Cable
2 White Widow
3 Baron Zemo
3 Gladiator
3 Red Guardian
4 Abs Man
4 Shang-Chi
5 Cannonball
6 Red Hulk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If you can pull it off, Sentry-Annihilus-Odin is very funny

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

FlamingLiberal posted:

This Mill deck does pretty well consistently for me

1 Spider-Ham
1 Yondu
2 Beast
2 Cable
2 White Widow
3 Baron Zemo
3 Gladiator
3 Red Guardian
4 Abs Man
4 Shang-Chi
5 Cannonball
6 Red Hulk

The strongest variation I've faced is

1 Spider-Ham
1 Yondu
2 Shadow King
2 Cable
3 Magik
3 Rogue
3 Baron Zemo
3 Gladiator
4 Shang Chi
4 Absorbing Man
5 Doctor Octopus
6 Red Hulk

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Red posted:

Fwiw I've run into this a few times as Nimrod Destroyer (a good deck was posted a few pages back) and it fuckin laughs at this.

People keep playing it to the end too, I think it's reaching that meta point where you can scam cubes from rubes real easy.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I've said a few times that I don't think Mill is actually very good. The Cannonball version posted might have legs, but by and large, Mill doesn't seem to actually put power on the board, and I don't see how you win games that way. Limiting your opponent to like, seven cards is a strategy, I guess, but if their cards actually do things, that's kinda a problem......

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
Tech decks have had me hovering around 98-99 for days. Days! This could be my first Infinite or just a frustrating exercise in edging until it's all reset.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Just FYI, Shuri Nimrod/PF clowns all over the clog decks that are everywhere, especially with surprise Galactus.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Veryslightlymad posted:

Limiting your opponent to like, seven cards is a strategy, I guess, but if their cards actually do things, that's kinda a problem......

Yeah that's the thing, people tend to fill their decks with cards they want to play. Except for like Mr Negative but uh, everyone who plays that deck knows they're not gonna draw him sometimes.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the strength of mill is stealing your opponent's stuff as well as putting the cards they draw into lanes they don't want the cards to be in. if your opponent is still winning easily when you're playing that deck, you're doing it wrong

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Red posted:

1 Spider-Ham
1 Yondu
2 Shadow King
2 Cable
3 Magik
3 Rogue
3 Baron Zemo
3 Gladiator
4 Shang Chi
4 Absorbing Man
5 Doctor Octopus
6 Red Hulk
I tried Doc Ock in this before, but I found that Cannonball was more useful. I feel like you can use Rogue in place of Red Guardian if you don't have him, but he can take out other cards that Rogue can't.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
"Stealing" stuff isn't really denying your opponent from plays unless they're combo pieces though. Any card you "stole" is basically just another card your opponent didn't draw, same outcome as a game against non Mill decks. Even if you can play the cards you stole, so what? It's not like you can play them at discount like Loki. You just District Xed yourself one card at a time.

The only card that actually steals from the hand is Doc Ock and he puts those points on the board. Mill is also pretty useless against decks with lots of synergy eg stealing your opponent's Wolverine or Blade lol. Considering the popularity of Destroy and Discard it seems like smugly walking into a yard full of rakes.

If you want to deny your opponent you want Lockdown, Junk, or some other control shell. Mill is really funny though I'll give you that.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Marx Headroom posted:

"Stealing" stuff isn't really denying your opponent from plays unless they're combo pieces though. Any card you "stole" is basically just another card your opponent didn't draw, same outcome as a game against non Mill decks. Even if you can play the cards you stole, so what? It's not like you can play them at discount like Loki. You just District Xed yourself one card at a time.

The only card that actually steals from the hand is Doc Ock and he puts those points on the board. Mill is also pretty useless against decks with lots of synergy eg stealing your opponent's Wolverine or Blade lol. Considering the popularity of Destroy and Discard it seems like smugly walking into a yard full of rakes.

If you want to deny your opponent you want Lockdown, Junk, or some other control shell. Mill is really funny though I'll give you that.

that's the way mill generally goes in other card games, but in marvel snap the deck size is so low and cards are single copies so resource denial is real. you're also gaining information about what your opponent is playing and (more importantly) what your opponent can no longer play, which is huge in a game with the central mechanic of gambling on how likely you are to win the match

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Today seems to be the Kim Jacinto store takeover day, and also his album got added. There are also some free rewards in the in-app shop

also new Dev update for the upcoming season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN0F5xZ--f8

I noticed that in the video they have Sage as a 3/0 instead of a 4/1. That makes her a lot better.

FlamingLiberal fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 3, 2024

Red
Apr 15, 2003

The Jacinto album requires you to buy the Ultimate Electro at 5k tokens. Have they done that before?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Red posted:

The Jacinto album requires you to buy the Ultimate Electro at 5k tokens. Have they done that before?
Yeah there is an Ultimate in the Artgerm album (Jane Foster)

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
How much time does it take to grind out 8400 gold give or take? (more for each variant that's 1200 gold in the album) It's not like buying all the variants for not tokens is a cheap or quick process. I think completing the albums fully is a task for whales, I've been happy if I've had one or two and then a variant I'd want anyway turns out to be part of them and shows up.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

thebardyspoon posted:

How much time does it take to grind out 8400 gold give or take? (more for each variant that's 1200 gold in the album) It's not like buying all the variants for not tokens is a cheap or quick process. I think completing the albums fully is a task for whales, I've been happy if I've had one or two and then a variant I'd want anyway turns out to be part of them and shows up.

You can pile up pretty quickly with a gold pass. Without, it takes a while - you depend on caches and weekly rewards for gold (either weekend missions or hitting milestones via dailies).

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

RegisKillbin's season preview video alerted me to the 2: Armor left, 3: Cosmo right, 4: Wong middle, 5: Namora middle, 6: Odin middle playline that makes me think maybe she's much better than I initially thought?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
If you draw those 5 cards in the right order and nobody touches your Wong then yeah that's pretty nasty!

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Red posted:

You can pile up pretty quickly with a gold pass. Without, it takes a while - you depend on caches and weekly rewards for gold (either weekend missions or hitting milestones via dailies).

Season pass gives a bit too, hitting 90 in ranked gets you 500 and there's 500 available in conquest which only needs a few wins in gold tier to get

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

I mean, yeah, it's easily disruptable by both Cosmo and junk (and probably some other stuff) but this leaves enough room in the deck for other win conditions and it's a *very* strong combo even if you get only one lane buffed.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Achievement unlocked: Win conquest with homebrew bullshit

e: gently caress I just realized I'm not using the new Nico variant

Devo fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 4, 2024

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
I still think that deck shouldn't work. And I've used it. And agree it's amazing into the current meta.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Nice to see more people running Lady D and Electro, and that deck actually looks fun on top of it all

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Maneck posted:

I still think that deck shouldn't work. And I've used it. And agree it's amazing into the current meta.

Yeah I'm honestly shocked but it's been by far my best performing deck since the Deathstrike buff. She's so good. And it's just some bullshit I threw together on OTA day and tweaked a little bit down the line.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

FireWorksWell posted:

Nice to see more people running Lady D and Electro, and that deck actually looks fun on top of it all

My friend you were literally the inspiration for this hodge podge build

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Lol that completely slipped my mind.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Blink next week is going to make Electro a lot more potent

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Concurred posted:

gently caress, didn't even consider that.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Mainly looking to pick up Caiera and Skaar next season but I'm curious how (the now 3/0) Sage could work in a Mr Negative build. Also that LT variant is badass and I won't be disappointed if I pull it too.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

We were talking about this on the Discord, but is Sage in a Negative deck any better than Wolfsbane? I'm not sure.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Probably not. The deck is hardly hurting for power after Mr. N does his thing. It's real weakness is a lack of playable cards on turns one-through-three. Sage doesn't help that problem, and doesn't seems like a strong enough payoff to squeeze out any of the other free cards the deck can generate.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Concurred posted:

She's going to be strong in Hela decks with Corvus Glaive, too. ,

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Also a good follow up to Jubilee in your combo deck of choice

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
Well, that Destroyer deck got me to my first Infinite, so go me.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
What's the value in buying 6 Kim Jacinto variants for 7200 gold for the spotlight key compared to spending that gold on something else?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CJ posted:

What's the value in buying 6 Kim Jacinto variants for 7200 gold for the spotlight key compared to spending that gold on something else?

Literally less than zero. It would cost significantly less than 5000 gold to buy enough CL for a Spotlight Key.

Never buy a variant unless you want it and will use it. The albums aren't going anywhere, let them fill naturally with time and treat them as a happy bonus.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Jedit posted:

Literally less than zero.

This. Well, not literally less than zero, but close enough that you should evaluate it that way. Whenever you buy cosmetics, understand that you are paying for the cosmetics, and any bonus on top of that is never going to be a good value for your money.

But, just for fun, let's answer the question and see how awful a value proposition it really is. 6 Kimmy J Variants at 7200 gold for one Spotlight Key? Okay. Well, Spotlight keys hit every 120 Collection Levels. Fully upgrading a card costs 1525 credits and yields 31 CL, so about 5903 credits per Spotlight Key. Buying direct from the shop credits go for 1500 per 1200 gold, so for 5903, you're looking at 4277 gold.

That means paying 7200 gold in variants is about 40% more expensive than just buying credit in the shop, which is already one of the lowest value ways to gain progression for USD.

Edit: Although, another way to look at it, if you really like Kim Jacinto varients, the value of the Spotlight key means that the first 6 you buy come at at "discount" of 487 gold each, rather than 1200. Or roughly $6 USD vs. $15 USD for each cosmetic. Yes, 1200 gold variants cost about 15 bucks if you buy the gold.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 5, 2024

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
on the other hand kj rules so the value is a million%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Sure, like I said, if you do want to buy the pretty variants cause you think they're cool, that's fine, and getting six at a relative discount via the Spotlight key is a reasonable thing to do.

I just wanted to be clear that it should be assessed as a purchase of cosmetics rather than gameplay progression.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 5, 2024