Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

cool av posted:

extremely legal and as your lawyer I have to say actually it would be quite illegal not to do so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
One of the upsides of being a blue collar handyperson is that I think it wouldn't be that hard for me to transform into a sort of spider person living in a crawlspace in case I become homeless. I think as housing prices increase more and more we're going to see a new phenomenon (or at least more common) where people are living inside maintenance spaces, signs, pipes, commercial crawlspaces - I mean they've got a lot going for them. People don't go there often - it's often easy to steal power from them - etc.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

one of those storage pods is a good spot to live
the walls are ambiently lit during the day if the suns shining

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

too late theres already an offer. guess someone really wanted some tires

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

anime was right posted:

too late theres already an offer. guess someone really wanted some tires

loving thing went pending immediately (ie cash offer) in three days lmao

May 13, 2024
Yes, we all know Homeowners and the Houses that SeLL Fast Fast Fast

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

LuxuryLarva posted:

One of the upsides of being a blue collar handyperson is that I think it wouldn't be that hard for me to transform into a sort of spider person living in a crawlspace in case I become homeless. I think as housing prices increase more and more we're going to see a new phenomenon (or at least more common) where people are living inside maintenance spaces, signs, pipes, commercial crawlspaces - I mean they've got a lot going for them. People don't go there often - it's often easy to steal power from them - etc.

https://x.com/guardian/status/1788920612737454465

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

"From someone who works with the homeless, part of me acknowledges she was really resourceful,” said Saralyn Temple of Midland’s Open Door. “Obviously, we don’t want people resorting to illegal activity to find housing. There are much better options.”

[citation needed]

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Reminds me of my local state funded non-profit tenants support orgs saying "we need better landlords".

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Bald Stalin posted:

"we need better landlords".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Salt Fish posted:

"From someone who works with the homeless, part of me acknowledges she was really resourceful,” said Saralyn Temple of Midland’s Open Door. “Obviously, we don’t want people resorting to illegal activity to find housing. There are much better options.”

[citation needed]

My dad retired during the pandemic and lasted about six months before going back to work part-time for a self-storage company, thinking it would be an easy job of sitting in a leasing office three days a week. Turns out the job exposes you to the sharp edge of the housing crisis. About half of his customers are people who are spiraling towards homelessness for various reasons and trying to hang onto the physical possessions they have left, and a big part of the job is patrolling the building for people trying to live out of the storage units.