Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
The final boss of Rising Tide dlc is not only very cool but its also pretty drat tough. I wish the whole game had that level of challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I for one find it disappointing that while we've had Cids who die, FF8 Cid manages to live. Even FF6 Cid can die.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
FFXIII Cid dies but then he's brought back for a scene because they forgot they put him in an FMV towards the end of the game, and then gets killed immediately after.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

I for one find it disappointing that while we've had Cids who die, FF8 Cid manages to live. Even FF6 Cid can die.

Good I'm glad he died, dude was magic steampunk proto-Hojo. He doesn't get a pass because he was a nice fatherly figure to the Mengele-esque lab experiment who DIDN'T turn into Magic Clown Red Skull

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

FFVIII seems strangely reluctant to punish him for anything, even as it acknowledges his constant awfulness. It's not like he's ever called out for any of his poo poo by our heroes.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think the sequence works better if Cid dies, then you have Celes throwing herself off the cliff which is some premium melodrama for a SNES game. If Cid lives he just stays on the island forever and has nothing to say.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I like having Cid suffer alone on a dead island, plus if I want Celes to jump off a cliff I can always give her Dragoon Boots.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
You can also reason it as Celes leaving Cid alone to rot on the island forever even when she finds an airship capable of taking him off it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I am thinking of bailing early on FFX-2 because the battles move so fast it's overwhelming. I've played FFXII and XIV just fine but this one has me flustered. I'll do a fire magic attack and because I have to make multiple inputs for other things before it even hits the enemy I don't know if it's strong, weak or healed by it because my eyes aren't even on it. The saving grace is I can basically mash attack and win any fight so far.