Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
4 get the bombs first

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Lets go with 3

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Sami and Drac lead the crew down through the tunnels. The only one of the crew without extra sensitive hearing is Igor, so she hangs in the back and just follows the rest’s lead. It’s soon apparent that there’s a number of people milling about the tunnels – it’s difficult to tell exact numbers or where they are. Sami seems the most at ease here (not terribly surprising considering she’s the smallest and her people tend to use tunnels). After a few minutes down one bend, she and Drac hold the group up.

Sami: They’re planting bombs. Don’t think they’ll set them off unless they think we’re gonna kill them.

Drac: Like don’t count on it, I’ve dealt with cults before and like some of them will TOTALLY die for the cause. Since they’re like, rich they’re less likely but like don’t underestimate them, man.

Sami: Whatever. I’ve got a trick or two that should lure some of them into an ambush, or we could try sneaking up on them. Personally? Think it’s gonna be easier to lead them to us than the other way ‘round. We’re travelling in a much bigger group.

Igor: Which is faster?

Sami: Sneaking up on them. Luring’s not an exact science.

Igor: They’re planting bombs, we don’t have the luxury of time. I vote for speed.

Sami: Point, but luring is quieter and won’t be an option once they know we’re in here with them.

What does the band decide?
1. Ambush
2. Lure

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

The band decides to use a lure...

Sami walks around the corner, sets down a wallet and a flashlight, then returns to the group.

Nem: Sami, where did you get that from?

Sami: From one of the jerks we clocked.

She begins to tap away at a phone she presumably also lifted from one of the captured cultists: WLLET GONE, SOME1 FIND IT PLZ?

Sami: Charlie, think you can take them down before they can make much of a fuss?

Charlie: Simple.

A few minutes later, a couple of figures wander close by.

Voice #1: Hey look, there’s the rear end in a top hat’s wallet. Idiot left it by their light.

As they tread upon Charlie’s silk, she springs into action and slams them to the ground, muffling their cries with a pair of free limbs, before dragging them towards the rest of the group.
The men are dressed in costumes with rubber masks to make them look like… well, what some people might think are goblins.

Nem: … well that’s just racist.

Igor: What are you, some kinda Scooby Doo villains? What kind of idiots would cook up a plan like that?

Drac: Like, have you been watching humanity lately?

Igor: Point taken.

Sami: I wish I could say I was surprised but yeah, not all humans are loving stupid but the ones that are stupid are really loving stupid.

Charlie: We’re easy targets to throw blame on, and let’s be honest: we are extremely dangerous.

Nem: In terms of being a threat to humanity we are no more dangerous than some fool with an automatic weapon. When was the last time any one of us killed over forty people in one go? Twenty, even?

Drac raises his hand.

Drac: Like, maybe? It’s kinda fuzzy, woulda been a long time ago when I was my like, grandfather’s grandfather?

Igor smirks.

Igor: Not even Tarro killed that many people before he was reborn.

Sami: Whatever. Hey assholes, what were you doing just now? And think reeaaaal careful about your answer since leaving you tied up down here is always an option and I’m guessing you don’t want to be buried alive.

The two men exchange glances.

Cultist #1: Setting bombs. We just finished ours.

Sami: Can you disarm them?

Cultist #1: No, and my boss can set them off at any time.

Sami: Well you might want to call him over so he can’t. Unless you’re really hoping to get killed in the initial explosion and cave-in and not say, dying slowly from dehydration.

Igor: If you’re lucky. There’s a good chance that you could survive the initial blast but that doesn’t mean you’d evade shattered bones and paralysis, so not only would your final days be spent in agony within the pitch black darkness of the earth, but you’ll probably wind up infecting your wounds with the inevitable bowel movement.

Cultist #2: You fuckers will die too!

Sami: Yeah no, we’re monsters. We have the goddamned DRACULA on our team. What you got?

They exchange a look again.

Cultist #2: Don’t you dare call him.

Charlie sighs, grips the leg of Cultist #2 with one of her less human limbs and begins to squeeze. One of her more human limbs covers his mouth, and he begins to thrash about.

Charlie: I’m being gentle right now. I don’t want to touch your testicles but popping them like grapes isn’t off the table.

She stares dead into his eyes with all six of hers, and begins to release his jaw just enough to talk.

Cultist #2: Call him.

Cultist #1 nods, eyes wide and fearful.

(Con't Later)

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

The leader of the group is no fool – he is flanked by two other cultists armed with machine guns, but not only is the band fully aware of this thanks to Drac’s sonar but also there’s not much they can do about him teleporting behind their boss and clocking him with his keytar. The other two are swiftly dispatched by a pounce from Charlie. While she wasn’t trying to kill them, she was more focused on a swift take-down than their safety and accidentally snaps the spine of one of them like a pretzel stick.

Charlie: Sorry.

Nem’s healing abilities are called upon to bring their boss around as Igor notices he was dying from his injury; she is now out of power for the time being. Sami finds the detonator – it’s nothing especially complicated.

Igor: Hey Nem, how do you do that?

Nem: What do you mean?

Igor: Heal people by draining others. His brain was swelling and he was going to die, now he’s just unconscious. I’m no genius like the Doctor but generally speaking bringing people back to life is a hell of a lot more involved than… whatever it is you do.

Nem: Well you’re familiar with the energy that’s released when atomic bonds are broken, right?

Igor: Technically speaking that’s the overall change in enthalpy…

Sami: We don’t have the time to have a science discussion, fucko’s coming around. Hi Fucko, you’re currently only alive as we’re mildly curious about what you’ve managed to do so far.

Fucko glares at her.

Fucko: I’m not talking.

Sami (shrugging): That’s fine, we have your detonator. Look, this is your chance to maybe not wind up being buried alive.

Fucko looks over at the three cocooned cultists next to him and the corpse of the one Charlie accidentally broke.

Nem: I would appreciate your showing a little more gratitude and good sense, the blow you took to subdue you left you close to death and I’d hate to think I wasted my energy bringing you back from the brink only for you to choose to die horribly.

Fucko: gently caress you lady, are you trying to guilt me into being a traitor?

Drac: Dude, she like, put you back together after I like, split your skull open. She’s like, trying to guilt you into not being left to die. Probably buried alive after your boss will totally detonate the bombs anyway by like, remote or something.

Fucko considers this.

Igor: Doesn’t matter what he does, he goes where we put him and if he’d rather die alone in the dark while being slowly crushed by the earth that’s his problem. The question is what we’re going to do about the explosives and the other cultists around here.

Drac: Like, we better decide pretty fast. I was like, totally serious about the cult boss probably remote detonating everything if he doesn’t hear from them. They’re like that.

Sami: I don’t think we have time for the original plan now. We should return to the exit and just capture them as they emerge.

Nem: The whole point of coming down here was to find out what they’re up to, yes? We have both the detonator and their captain, and while he might be willing to die for his cause I’m not sure he’s willing to suffer a premature burial for it. We
should explore a little even if we can’t disarm the explosives.

Drac: Like I dunno man, cult bosses like I work with tend to send expendables on missions like this. I don’t think we can count on anything.

Igor: Sami, demolitions require fairly specific placement of the charges in order to get a predictable result doesn’t it?

Sami: Yeah, but these are chucklefucks in an old abandoned mine.

Igor: What if we just move the bombs?

Sami: Might make a difference, might not. I don’t know what we’re dealing with and I’m not a tunneler, I’m a musician. Either way it’s gonna take time we don’t have.

Charlie: I just wanna know if you want me to just drag around a bunch of cultists or what. I mean, it’s not a big issue to just web them up and drag ‘em around but these tunnels are kind of small and the bigger the web sack the more likely we are to get found. The other problem is if I leave them somewhere, it’s gotta be a good enough place that nobody’s gonna stumble on them.

Igor: Sounds like our options are…

1. Take the captain, hide the minions as best they can and explore the mine.
2. Take everyone, explore the mine. This is slower, and eventually you’ll have to drop off some of the minions somewhere eventually as while Charlie is strong enough to drag around a dozen people the tunnels really aren’t big enough for that.
3. Abort the mission, just ambush the cultists at the exit. The band will drag the captain and minions out with them.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Take the captain, and if the boss checks in we could maybe convince the captain to do a fake check in.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

3. There's no telling if the captain won't just use a "poo poo went bad, blow it" codeword if forced to do a fake check in.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Just a note to let anyone stumbling on to this thread, Mega Frankenstein is still going. I'm a bit busy with the fairy generator thread but I'm still watching for even a small lean before I just RNG this.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

littleratbastard
Aug 18, 2018
1! Very cool thread so far!

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

I'm feeling like doing more art after working on "Awful Fairyland" so I'm going to do a number of shorter updates. You can still comment, make suggestions or what have you but we are moving on with Choice 1 and will be exploring the mines with just the Captain in tow. Eventually there will be a major decision gate but until then there will be little updates with art.

Charlie webs up the minions to the cavern ceiling.

Charlie: You lot better hope nothing happens to us, wouldn’t want to think too much what’d be like to be stuck up here like this.
It wouldn’t be impossible for the other cultists wandering the cave to get them down, but Charlie’s webbing is pretty strong and it would certainly be a time-consuming affair.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

The band travels down one of the tunnels on the lookout for more cultists. Drac crinkles his nose.

Drac: Like, there’s a mess of rotting bodies down that way.

Sami turns to the Captain.

Sami: You wanna comment on that?

Charlie shakes him like a ragdoll to drive home her strength advantage and the severity of his situation before loosening the gags on him.

Captain: No.

He’s not talking but neither is he screaming for help, which is still a positive sign. Sami shrugs while Charlie returns the gag. Sami notices a bomb planted on the side of the mine’s wall.

Sami: We don’t got time to look into any new corpse piles, and I really don’t trust Fucko to disarm this thing.

Igor: It’s important enough to hide though.

Nem: Of course, but I’m really not comfortable taking any more time than we need to.

Sami: Let’s keep moving.

The band returns to their previous position and heads down another tunnel which opens up into a larger cavern where some unusual looking weapons are stored.

Sami: Hey Fucko…

Igor: No need, I recognize what they are. Those are acid throwers and “Sunburst” flashbangs. Sunbursts are specialized flashbangs that imitate sunlight. These are the kinds of specialized weapons the feds would use to deal with Limestone trolls.

Drac: Feds know how to deal with trolls?

Igor: They do. The problem with folks like us isn’t that bullets don’t work very well, it’s the fact that what does work isn’t consistent. Anytime the Feds want to deal with us they have to gather intelligence first since going in guns blazing, finding out the guns don’t work, and then getting curb-stomped by some angry supernatural is a bad time. So even if we told the Feds that “Hey we’re under attack by trolls” they’d have to send out an investigator to determine that they were in fact, trolls instead of goblins or ogres or whatever else the general public might call anything that doesn’t look human. There’s a heavy price to pay for guessing wrong.

Charlie: They tried to recruit me once but it’s not like I have any human rights so I don’t care.

Igor: That’s why the Canadian government’s got the whole self-defence clause for non-humans. It’s not about respecting your rights, it’s about preventing anyone else from trying to tackle you head-on, pissing you off, and sending you on a rampage. Heard down South there’s been plenty of bloodbaths which is precisely why we’re not touring there.

Nem: And yet we’ve found a blood bath anyway.

Drac: Yeah, well that’s why like, humanity can’t have anything nice.

Sami: The real thing to worry about is (she glances at the Captain) these fucks knew what they were getting into.

Nem: How much time do you think we have before the other cultists discover their way out is blocked?

Sami: They might be wondering what happened to the Captain first. We gotta bail. My hunch is those assholes will try to reach the Captain first if he doesn’t check in, then try to leave, then find we sealed the place. We’re on a countdown to stupid, desperate ideas that might lead to a cave-in.

Igor: We back out before we clean this place and we don’t get the info from your contact though?

Sami: They blow this poo poo up and we don’t get it anyway I’m guess’n.

Nem: This is rapidly turning into a situation better suited for the human government to deal with considering it’s clearly a human cause.

Sami: I don’t want the feds involved until after we’re gone.

Igor: Good point. I’ll take photo evidence but just drop it off after we’re done. Meantime we gotta make our next move.

Please make a suggestion:

1. Sami: I’m pretty sure the cult’s already started to panic by now. We should return to the exit and deal with them there. They’ll panic once they realize what we’re doing but at least we won’t be the ones caught in a cave-in.
2. Nem: Let me try to Charm the captain and use him to lure the remaining cultists towards us. That way we clear the mines as promised and also don’t leave anyone trapped on the ceiling dying a slow death.
3. Igor: We’ve got the Captain’s comm and nobody’s tried to call in for a check yet. We’ve got time to explore a little more.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

2. Be a dear and lure your buds into a trap for us, darling ;-*

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Slaan posted:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Slaan posted:

littleratbastard
Aug 18, 2018
2. Sounds like it could either work, which is great, or fail, which would be a fun disaster!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
2: grunts chanting in unison: "Nem! Nem! Nem! Nem!.."

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

So this update is going to be done as I prepare major artworks. You'll know when it's time for suggestions, although feel free to comment or make suggestions as it plays out as I might incorporate it.

Nem: Ms. Lugosi, do you mind giving the captain a small injection of something to loosen him up a bit?

Igor: Sure, but I'm surprised you're asking me.

Nem: Cultists can be rather difficult to influence.

Captain (as Igor injects him): You can't break me.

Nem: You don't understand. I'm not trying to break you. I'm trying to save you and your men. Don't you remember my pulling you back from the brink of death? Charlie already broke one of your men, and that was on accident.

Nem uses charm...

Nem: Those explosives are ticking away and we're short on time. Cooperate with me and we will be able to save your men, or we can just do this the hard way. We've been very patient and as gentle as we can manage, but don't think for a moment we're not capable of making some hard decisions. Call a group, keep them from panicking, tell them there's something wrong with their bombs and we'll be able to subdue them without breaking bones.

It takes a few minutes for the drugs to take effect, but the band can see the Captain's resolve weakening.

Sami: ... he's staring at your cleavage.

Nem: Like I said, cultists are difficult to influence and if I have to shift the blood from his brain so be it.

Now despite what you might think, faerie charm is nothing like mind control as popularized in low media where the victim is powerless within another’s will. Hacking a construct is one thing, puppeteering another living creature’s body by hijacking their nervous system is another, but manipulating anything as complex as a human being in a way that doesn’t immediately raise suspicion in others is something only seen in abusive relationships over a long period of time.
In the short term, you don’t need to be Batman to resist even the most powerful psychic or magical attempts to command you. People only turn on a dime when they’re written by lazy or simple-minded hacks, are in a video game, or are in a video game written by hacks.

No, faerie charm is more about using influence to bolstering the target’s ego so it helps said faerie in whatever deception they need to apply. The effect tends to muck with the target’s norepinephrine and dopamine levels but considering she was up against a cult’s brainwashing Nem had requested Igor give the injection to help that manipulation along.

Although the Captain wasn’t aware of it, Nem was using her faerie influence to bloat the absolute hell out of his ego and that combined with the drugs caused him to believe that it was all right to comply with her request: he’d be a hero by saving his men’s lives, he’d surely come up with a cunning plan to let them escape afterwards, and that by being such a genuinely nice guy he’d be able to get to see Nem’s tits at the very least.

This is a very long way of saying that Nem’s Faerie Charm worked.

Smik fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 29, 2023

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

The Captain calls a few of his men in to "correct" the bombs; they trod on to Charlie's silk and the next thing they're aware of is being spun up in silk.

Charlie wraps up the latest ambush.

As she places them with the others, the Captain's radio crackles to life.

"Sir we haven't heard from Alpha or Charlie group. They were supposed to check in five minutes ago."

Nem nudges the Captain.

Captain: It's fine, I had to help with their jobs. Belfry group isn't the only ones having problems today.

The cult's panic rating has risen.

Sami: They're gonna find they're sealed in pretty soon.

Drac: Like, what should we do?

What does the band decide?

1. "Last of them will probably hit the entrance. We should take them down before they do something stupid."
2. "We've still got enough time to look around a bit."
3. Something else?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Are those spinnerets in your loincloth or are you just happy to see us? :kstare:

Yeah, let's get to the entrance to grab the last on patrol 1

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Just wanted to quickly pop in and say I've not abandoned this CYOA but needed to focus on my submission for the Spooktober Visual Novel Game Jam last month. My cat passed away from a massive heart attack right near the end of the jam and I've not had the energy for creative projects since, but I did submit my VN in a good condition (just not as polished as I would have liked).

Said VN is here:
https://itch.io/jam/spooktober-2023/rate/2282301

I will be resuming Mega Frankenstein before too long, I just have to collect myself first.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

The band retreats to the entrance and lies in wait for the next group of cultists. They don't have to wait long, and as their quarry's lights shine off Igor's needler over to the looming form of Charlie.

Their leader solemnly informs them that the jig is irrecoverably up and that they should surrender. A short call to the remaining cultists instructing them to return to the entrance quite literally wraps up the rest, thanks to Charlie's webbing. The various empty threats they make go quiet after she tears through the blockade of vehicles with a crash.

Luckily (quite literally, I rolled to check) no other cult scouts have been around and the laptop is still in one of the SUV's.

The band grabs it and heads back to their bus, where Tarro is waiting for them, a couple of corpses at his feet.

Tarro: Awfully sorry, I was trying to just subdue them and...

Charlie: ... they broke. Had the same issue.

Random Cultist: I thought you weren't going to kill us!

Charlie: It was an accident.

The cultists begin to complain until Sami speaks up:
Sami: If we wanted you assholes dead we would have done it back in the mines as it's a convenient place to dump bodies, which is what I'm guessing you were doing too.

Their captain glares at them to keep them from talking.

As the cultists are loaded into the bus, Igor looks apprehensive.

Igor: This isn't a small group of schmucks. Dungeon's got room but we're gonna have people wondering how a group this big has gone missing.

Sami: We're the only ones that know the Queen's dead -- other than the cult maybe. We got time.

Nem: Time before the authorities move against us, or time before the cult does whatever it is they're trying to do?

Drac: Like she's got a point, man. Humans are dumb but like, who knows what's calling the shots for the cult?

Charlie: Let's not forget about the concert we're planning here. Whatcha think we're gonna have to worry about first?

What should the band's priority be?
1. Monster-Human Relations - try to keep people from panicking so opinion doesn't turn against the band. Put an emphasis of working through legal channels when possible.
2. Stopping the Cult - work on figuring out whatever the cult is up to and stop it. Will likely involve some break-and-enter as soon as the band's got a hunch.
3. Focus on the Concert - while still quite concerned with monster-human relations, this puts more focus on practice and public appearances. The higher level of human contact might also provide leads.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

3. We are a band that moonlights as crime fighters, not the opposite. So we need to use the power of rock to win here! :rock:

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

3. We can't have them thinking we're troublemakers posing as a band, instead of a band of troublemakers.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

This is such a rad picture.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

3 sounds good to me!

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

The Band Decides to Focus on the Concert

Igor: Focus on the concert for now.

Sami: Fine with me. Could use some shuteye and practice, n’ I’ll get to work on the next venue after.

Igor: Yeah I’m pretty tired myself. Hopefully the Doctor doesn’t have any extra tasks.

The band makes their way back to the castle. Loading their prisoners is no issue; even if they weren’t wrapped up in webbing the two massive individuals are more than intimidating. One of the cultists in the dungeon attempts to hit Tarro with an improvised weapon but he doesn’t even acknowledge it; the man just slumps over in a corner afterwards.

It’s now so late it’s early and the band retires to sleep just as the first rays of dawn arrive at the castle.

As usual, Nem is the first to be up and about.

Well, she thought she was the first.

??: You must be like, the goat chick.

Nem stares groggily at the stranger for a few moments.

??: Like, I’m guess I’m like, the formerly dead chick? Igor said this isn’t unusual and I was a total bitch before the Doctor brought me back, also I’m not really the former dead chick since I’m basically just spare parts and some other formerly dead dude’s bits?

Nem blinks for a few moments.

Nem: … OH! I beg your pardon, you must be the former troll queen?

??: Apparently I’m just made of whatever was left with her plus some other dude’s brainscan. Would you believe I almost tried to pee standing up? Like, I know I don’t have a dick but it’s like a force of habit or something.

Nem: I’m awfully sorry about that. The troll queen was trying to kill us in a giant construct and we might have been a wee bit panicky. My name is Nem, by the way.

??: Yeah, Nem the goat chick.

Nem: May I ask your name?

??: Haven’t decided yet.

[Would you like to name the new recruit? Feel free to offer suggestions]

Nem: Oh. Well, a name isn’t something to be decided on lightly.

??: Probably will just go with like, whatever people call me the most.

Nem: I see.

??: Like, I guess the troll queen was some kinda crazy weapon maker but I don’t remember anything ‘cause like, I was regrown from her lower half.

The troll queen chimera has joined the crew! Much of her mental faculties are copied from Drac’s brain. As a chimera of troll and Dracula, she has an innate ability to regenerate from death and control constructs. She doesn’t have too much in the way of musical ability; the Doctor copied some of Drac’s keytar skills over but due to a lack of muscle memory she’s nowhere near as competent. Eventually she will come into her own, but it’s better than her having the mind of an actual infant.

[In gaming terms, she’s basically a Level One party member in a crew you’ve been using until mid game; don’t expect too much from her.]

??: Like, while you guys are out can you get me some new clothes? This lab coat doesn’t fit worth a crap.

[Author Note: I've been a bit of a mess lately and just been getting myself together enough to continue Mega Frankenstein, sorry about that.]

Deadmeat5150 posted:

This is such a rad picture.
Oh? Thanks! I thought it was kinda crappy but maybe I'm just doing the typical artist-hates-their-work thing.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Good to see this back!

Nem posted:

I see

Icy is as good a name as any :buddy:

Maybe she can be our cowbell player?

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Charlie is the next one to come to the kitchen. She slept poorly going by her posture and lack of hair care.

Charlie: ... new girl.

??: Spider girl.

Charlie: ... Spider Girl?

??: Like, total Spider Girl.

Charlie: You're Spider Girl?

??: No like, you're total Spider Girl!

Charlie: ...

Charlie skitters along, using her legs and her least human arms while the rest of her hangs rather limp until she reaches the counter where coffee is brewing.

Charlie: I'm Charlie. I thought you were calling yourself Spider Girl.

??: Like that totally doesn't make any sense.

Charlie: No, it doesn't and I'm very tired. What is your name?

??: I dunno. Whatcha wanna call me?

Charlie pauses.

Nem: Young Miss, I'm afraid we've had a long and difficult night. I strongly suggest you name yourself at some point, it'd truly be for the best. Especially since I think Mr. Dracul will probably suggest something like "Drac Junior" or "Girl Drac".

??: Like gagsville, man.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Sami is next to stagger into the kitchen with the plodding gait of a zombie.

??: Oh I remember you, you're one of the chicks responsible for me exploding.

Sami blinks a couple of times in her direction before grabbing a chair next to Charlie as Nem is pouring coffee.

Sami: Yeah well I'm the smallest in the crew and you were in a big mech trying to squish me. You can blame your former self for being such a oval office.

Nem: Language, Sami.

??: Yeah Sami, language! I'm like, a newborn.

Sami: How much of Drac's brain did you get?

??: I mean without it I'd be like ... babbling like a baby and not knowing how to walk. Walking is still kinda tricky, I keep thinking my legs should be longer.

Nem: Given the lack of muscle memory it's a miracle you can do as much as you can. How are your memories?

??: Confusing. It's like I've been dreaming the craziest dreams but can only remember bits and pieces of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Parry the Pariah