Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Arrath posted:

While GZW launching early early access in response to BSG stomping on their own dicks seems like an advantageous move, from the videos of the streamer alpha recently it just looks like the game isn't far enough along for a wide release. I'm afraid it'll get a bad reputation and that'll sour opinions that will l be hard to turn around

It’s fine, gamers are great at reevaluating their opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Questing Bots is updated for 3.8 SPT. So that's all the big ones now.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Mister Bates posted:

Myself and a few other friends who quit Tarkov out of frustration a while ago have set up an SIT server together and have been having a great time playing it, although I kind of wish there was a way to scatter our spawns around the map to make it just 'normal Tarkov but with friends'

It is extremely funny to me that you can just do this, you can spend a big pile of money to maybe get official developer-supported PvE co-op at some point in the future or you can roll your own right now for free

it is also endlessly frustrating to me that the gunplay in this stupid awful game is so loving good

SIT?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
the old recoil was fun

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Stay in tarkov.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Mister Bates posted:

Myself and a few other friends who quit Tarkov out of frustration a while ago have set up an SIT server together and have been having a great time playing it, although I kind of wish there was a way to scatter our spawns around the map to make it just 'normal Tarkov but with friends'

It is extremely funny to me that you can just do this, you can spend a big pile of money to maybe get official developer-supported PvE co-op at some point in the future or you can roll your own right now for free

it is also endlessly frustrating to me that the gunplay in this stupid awful game is so loving good

On 3.8.0? I had a bunch of issues that made it unplayable on 3.7.8. Like we couldnt load in together, one person had to start a solo match and then the rest had to join after. Is it pretty stable now? What's your mod list look like too?

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Eat The Rich posted:

On 3.8.0? I had a bunch of issues that made it unplayable on 3.7.8. Like we couldnt load in together, one person had to start a solo match and then the rest had to join after. Is it pretty stable now? What's your mod list look like too?

We have had no serious issues on 3.8.0, but our modlist is extremely light, consisting solely of SAIN before today, and Questing Bots as of today, which has worked fine so far this evening.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Mister Bates posted:

We have had no serious issues on 3.8.0, but our modlist is extremely light, consisting solely of SAIN before today, and Questing Bots as of today, which has worked fine so far this evening.

Oh hell yeah. Time to jump back in

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

How are you guys even downloading the questing bots? I keep getting a temp site that doesn't list every time I try.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Durendal posted:

How are you guys even downloading the questing bots? I keep getting a temp site that doesn't list every time I try.

You'll have to track it down on github (aka through discord)

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I've been using the SPT site just fine. So long as you have link in your history to an old page, before they revamped the front end, you can use it normally. It's just a bit slow.

I click or page or download and have to wait about 60 seconds for it to load, but I've downloaded 40 odd mods today just so I have a copy of the worst comes to the worst.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I had to refresh the page once after getting cloudflare errors but was able to get all the recommended mods downloaded and configured. I don't seem to have an F12 menu to configure the bots though like people mentioned?

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

explosivo posted:

Yeah I had to refresh the page once after getting cloudflare errors but was able to get all the recommended mods downloaded and configured. I don't seem to have an F12 menu to configure the bots though like people mentioned?

Think its F6 by default for SAIN. F12 is for the general mod settings (which also lets you set the hotkeys for certain mods) but I don't know why that would break

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

SPT, Realism mod. "Why am I canted and not sighted in?!" *Flips up face shield* :stare:

I am simultaneously both annoyed at myself for not getting it and impressed with the details like this that BSG should have implemented AGES ago.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Mister Bates posted:

poo poo, I'm jealous, we've spent the whole day yesterday trying to set up Fika/MPT on our SPT instances and we get stuck with infinite "waiting for X players" when we join each others raid and haven't been able to fix it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Paingod556 posted:

Think its F6 by default for SAIN. F12 is for the general mod settings (which also lets you set the hotkeys for certain mods) but I don't know why that would break

Oh thanks! I'll give that a try later.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Durendal posted:

https://github.com/dwesterwick/SPTQuestingBots/releases/tag/0.5.0 :3:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

If I want to play this in co-op with a friend using SIT will they need to have all the same mods downloaded or will it grab them if he joins the server that I am hosting?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

depends on if it's a server mod or a client mod i think. for example SAIN is a server mod

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

hbag posted:

depends on if it's a server mod or a client mod i think. for example SAIN is a server mod

Ah cool. I think I have all server mods right now between SAIN and Questing Bots and all the prerequisites for that.

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?
If you have anything in your Client\BepInEx directory, I'm pretty sure those need to be on all clients connecting to the server for them to work correctly.

We just had someone set it up (SAIN, Looting Bots - soon will add Questing bots), zip up that folder, and share it with everyone else. Seems to have worked just fine.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Yeah, /bepinex mods are client-side and /user mods are server-side. Some are both. Anything in /user only I would expect would only be needed by the hosting player but I'm also not an expert.

It's always depressing as a scav to get the drop on a PMC and absolutely smoke them except they're wearing tier 6 armor and a Killa helmet so your homemade frozen piss ammo does absolutely nothing and then they inject your forehead with a single round of top-tier ammo.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

To clarify would they be dropping those files into the SPT directory not the SIT one? Maybe I screwed up the install but I have SIT\Game\BepInEx and I also have SPT\BepInEx and it wasn't super clear to me why or which one I should be adding the mods to. In the SIT manager the Plugins folder opens the SIT\Game\BepInEx but the Server folder opens the SPT directory.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
I would check out the instructions on the Github

In short it looks like the mods need to be in the SIT directory but it also looks to be much more complicated than that.

There's also this repository of info

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Thanks, I appreciate it. I might have to do this over again from scratch tbh. I just noticed the SAIN config menu isn't working with F6 (or the F12 menu) so I think I screwed something up or skipped a step or two along the way.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Happy to help! You may need to use the specific mod versions on the SIT-mod github if you're not already doing so, at least that's the impression I get from a quick read of it.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Not the right thread I know, but grey zone is pretty fun so far.

Edit:

Someone made a thread for it here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4059636&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Ragnar Gunvald fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 1, 2024

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Thank you!

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Kikas posted:

poo poo, I'm jealous, we've spent the whole day yesterday trying to set up Fika/MPT on our SPT instances and we get stuck with infinite "waiting for X players" when we join each others raid and haven't been able to fix it.

Try starting a solo and have them load in when the match is loaded

Edit: oh wait I didnt know there were other co-op mods, nvm this prolly wont work

Edit 2: Seems Fika is similar to SIT so on the last version of SIT, it would have some issues putting us together. The fix was to host a lobby for 1 and then after the host loads in, have everyone else join. Worth a try, it's easy enough

Eat The Rich fucked around with this message at 09:03 on May 1, 2024

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I was able to get co-op SPT and all the mods I wanted working with FIKA (now known as MPT I guess?). Installation felt a lot simpler with this one but maybe the instructions were just easier for me to understand. Haven't actually tried it with a friend yet but was pleased to see the bot config menus with F6 and actually had bots in my game.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
man i do not get the appeal of gray zone, poo poo just looks so boring

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Herstory Begins Now posted:

man i do not get the appeal of gray zone, poo poo just looks so boring

I've been thinking the same thing. People calling it a Tarkov killer but BSG will kill Tarkov long before GZW is any threat to it.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

from what ive seen of gray zone people seem way more bullet spongey which kind of ruins it imo

Orv
May 4, 2011

hbag posted:

from what ive seen of gray zone people seem way more bullet spongey which kind of ruins it imo

Ironically I think this is the same exact problem that used to crop up constantly in Tarkov; server side NPC damage registration. Gray Zone is cool but it’s very funny that the problems it has are basically exactly the same problems Tarkov has had over its lifetime.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Gray zone is just hip and new and the streamer week was timed perfectly into the stage of tarkovs wipe that people get bored, and then bsg imploded on the last day of the streamer week, giving Gray zone the opportunity to quickly follow up by releasing early access to everyone.

The game has potential, but right now it does seem very average. Its quest design is copy pasted from tarkov, Mark this, kill x people at y location etc. The audio's also in a worse state than tarkov, you only hear people within 10m, if they are further than that they can be sprinting through bushes and you wouldn't hear a thing.

Their price points/editions are also crazy. No mention of future dlc, but you can drop 100usd for stash space and gear.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

But how is Grey Zone's rummaging through trashbins for the rolls of tape, bags of nails, and copper wiring I need to build random crap? I'm here to be a rat, not an FPS sweatlord.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Oddly enough playing Greyzone is making me replay Incursion more. Greyzone seems to be far closer to Tarkov, especially in regards to the health system Incursion plans to implement a more advanced health system later but right now is simplified 100 HP.

However, Incursion feels like way less of a pain in the rear end to start up and play, and isn't quite the system hog Greyzone is. It's just plain faster to start up, start a mission, and play (and get zeroed instantly by Hard AI).

This is a bit of an odd problem to have, but all these games give way too cool guns, way too early. Incursion is slightly better, starting you out with older AKs and MP5s, but it's still way too cool, way too early. These games put me in a STALKER kind of mood where you start with lovely Makarovs and fight your way through to modern ARs. But no extraction shooter does that! They fall all over themselves to give you the cool poo poo front and center first. I like earning my way there, like the old days.

Does anyone know of an Extraction or looter shooter where you progress to better and better weapons over time?

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Galaga Galaxian posted:

But how is Grey Zone's rummaging through trashbins for the rolls of tape, bags of nails, and copper wiring I need to build random crap? I'm here to be a rat, not an FPS sweatlord.

Lacking.

Mostly you rat around for nibbles and drinks and ammo

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

if an extraction shooter isn't structured in such a way that I can literally enter the game with my primary plan being "get some lightbulbs and a couple cans of meat and kill anyone that tries to stop me" then why am I even playing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

hbag posted:

Partially it's ammo and the damage model I think. Standard ammo is SP rounds for most kits found in the village. Hitting armor results in a bruise(and potential internal damage) and armor durability loss. So any armor you fight definitely pulls its weight right now early game. Also, unless a shot hits a vital you can't "leg" someone like Tarkov AFAIK. Sure, I've had to quickly retreat to patch the 5+ bleeds in my arms/legs but I've only ever died instantly to a penetrating chest/head shot or a lucky hit to the neck/face.