Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Giancarlo Esposito says he has been cast in an MCU project but not one people have guessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Guess he's not Xavier, then. Uhhhhhh, they're casting FF right now, and he's probably not Doom either then... No idea.

E: reading a lot of Norman Osborn theories, which I could see!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The inhumans are back

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

muscles like this! posted:

Giancarlo Esposito says he has been cast in an MCU project but not one people have guessed.

Howard the Duck’s wife, Howarda the Duck

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Bob agent of hydra

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's the new Wolverine

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, Esposito as Doom would work, but it'd be very predictable.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Ice-man.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I doubt he's seen all our guesses so I wouldn't put much stock in it. Maybe he really IS playing Gwen Stacy.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

He's playing yet another Summers family member

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

On the one hand, I'm kinda over Giancarlo playing evil business men, but it's not like he wouldn't loving rule as Norman Osborne.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

DangerDummy! posted:

On the one hand, I'm kinda over Giancarlo playing evil business men, but it's not like he wouldn't loving rule as Norman Osborne.

He's perfect for that stuff because he can do the evil businessman stuff, but he can also do the cackling maniac flying around stuff

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
He's playing Dracula in the Blade movie.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

He's the new Wolverine

Old Man Logan obviously

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

He's Galactus. Sure the character's been in a movie before, but like as a big purple fart. Having a recognizable guy play him would be new.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Thanks to his star making role in Maximum Overdrive, he's already been Green Goblin adjacent. Its like poetry, it rhymes. Or something.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

FlamingLiberal posted:

He's playing yet another Summers family member

I'd watch him as Corsair.

Maybe he's playing a good guy?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Interesting casting. I remember he said he got into talks for an MCU TV project a while back, but turned it down because he was told the character would never make the jump to the movies.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

notthegoatseguy posted:

Interesting casting. I remember he said he got into talks for an MCU TV project a while back, but turned it down because he was told the character would never make the jump to the movies.
He was a big fan of Stilt-Man

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Giancarlo Esposito as Beast.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Had McDonalds for lunch and yeah, they totally have those Captain America 4 signs promoting the Happy Meals which is absolutely bonkers.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Had McDonalds for lunch and yeah, they totally have those Captain America 4 signs promoting the Happy Meals which is absolutely bonkers.

Got my kid a Happy Meal yesterday and he got the goldang Red Hulk so yeah stay away from McDonalds if you’re trying to avoid spoilers for some reason.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

quote:

Unlike Terry Stewart, Jerry Calabrese did not read comic books—he was a “pure businessman,” in the words of one Marvel colleague. Still, he only needed a calculator to pine for the good old days of the early 1999s, the days of X-Force #1 and X-Men #1, the days when it seemed like Hollywood might come knocking. In San Diego, Calabrese approached Chris Claremont and asked him if he’d like to return. Claremont, who'd been writing for Dark Horse, DC, and even—along with Len Wein and Dave Cockrum—Jim Shooter’s Defiant, declined the offer. But Calabrese had more luck when he met with Larry Marder, the executive director of Image Comics, and asked if any of the ex-Marvel superstars at Image would like to take a shot at revising the origins of some of the company’s biggest characters. “Marvel knew that their core flagship properties were ill,” said Marder. “The properties that they had, had just failed over and over again to sell to Hollywood. Think about it, you go in, and you make a pitch that the world’s smartest man built a rocket ship and then went up with his family, and the world’s smartest man forgot to shield the rocket ship against cosmic rays. It’s laughable. The idea that Captain America was frozen in ice for 50 years was laughable in Hollywood . . . asking the Talmudic continuity scholars in Marvel editorial to throw away the holy litany of Stan and Jack to satisfy Hollywood was having no effect at all, they just weren't getting anywhere.”

Sorry I'm just reading Marvel Comics The Untold Story and this part really hit me because, while I don't care one iota for the MCU, didn't they end up sticking with the 'Cap was frozen in ice for decades" origin? In a pretty successful movie, too.

It's just always amusing when someone says something can't work and then it does work, I guess.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yes, he spends 1943-2011 in ice

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I wouldn't mind seeing a He-Man film that revisits the Dolph Ludgren movie's Eternia just long enough to see James Tolkan still living it up like royalty.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Giancarlo is just reprising his detective role from The Usual Suspects, he'll be interviewing a bandaged up Doom who keeps shouting "Gah Lak Tus!!!!!" in Latervian.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Just posted by Gunn on Threads (can we embed Threads posts?) Either way it's described as an "on set and in-camera" shot from the new Superman.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

He might want to hurry it up a bit with Vegeta about to destroy the planet back there.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Looks fine but I wanna see the trunks

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Oh that looks bad.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Superman's suit always looks worse the more you over design it. I don't want just plain spandex or anything, I realize it needs some sort of texture. But I think they went a bit too far here. The collar also reminds me of the New 52 suit and that's not a positive comparison.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Think of how many superman let die because of his leisurely pace when putting on his boots

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

Think of how many superman let die because of his leisurely pace when putting on his boots

Give him a break he has a bit of rock in his boot. That poo poo sucks.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

RubberLuffy posted:

Just posted by Gunn on Threads (can we embed Threads posts?) Either way it's described as an "on set and in-camera" shot from the new Superman.

Looks cool, I like how the suit looks like it could be actually worn and not just assembled onto an actor by a team of people.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Superman is just like me. He put one boot on at a time like me, and he is super cool all chill when crazy poo poo is happening outside his window just like me.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

X-O posted:

Superman's suit always looks worse the more you over design it. I don't want just plain spandex or anything, I realize it needs some sort of texture. But I think they went a bit too far here. The collar also reminds me of the New 52 suit and that's not a positive comparison.

I really truly loving don't get the fascination with putting Superman in a collar. So many connotations a collar has in an outfit goes against what he is. Is he regal? No. Is he an officer? No. Is he a businessman? No. Is he cold? No. Like maaaybe a religious authority figure but I don't think we want to go there.

Plus a wide open collar is so much better for projecting an image of strength if you've got that built upper body.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

It’s also a poo poo pose maybe it looks better stood up.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Codependent Poster posted:

Looks fine but I wanna see the trunks

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
He looks tired too. The suit is dirty too. Interesting idea here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's not suiting up, he's done for the day. That's just a fancy drone show celebrating Superman beating up some aliens again.