Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1789683368289874268

school shooter-rear end posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Sounds like somebody needs to get sectioned for their own safety.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Guy A. Person posted:

I randomly got a video about JK algorithmed to me and watched it yesterday; I knew she was doing a ton of anti-trans tweeting but I seriously hadn't realized how far gone she was. Like I knew she was doing all of this but I hadn't realized this is essentially all she does, all day, every day on twitter, going as far as to dig up tweets with like less than 10 views to argue with. I checked it out to verify and yeah, it's like generously 90% of her tweeting. She had some video series where she discusses her writing released last loving week and there's two tweets about it buried under 20 more tweets mostly about anti-trans stuff.

Like she didn't even make her newly released project her pinned tweet! That's also an anti-trans thread!

She torpedoed her entire reputation because she felt it was less important than letting the world know how much she hates transpeople. She could have, like many of her ilk, been publicly silent while quietly donating money to anti-trans organizations. But she isn't content merely hurting transpeople. She wants them - and the world - to know it was her. That's how much she is utterly consumed by her hatred. Like calling her a hate golem is fairly accurate. It's pretty much her driving animus in a way it isn't even for Musk or others. Hell, I can't think of any public figure so shamelessly driven by nothing beyond hatred like her. They usually have some narcissism or greed or perversion or something in there. But Rowling is just pure hate, raw and unfiltered.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Once down the TERF path you start, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you, it will.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

She torpedoed her entire reputation because she felt it was less important than letting the world know how much she hates transpeople. She could have, like many of her ilk, been publicly silent while quietly donating money to anti-trans organizations. But she isn't content merely hurting transpeople. She wants them - and the world - to know it was her. That's how much she is utterly consumed by her hatred. Like calling her a hate golem is fairly accurate. It's pretty much her driving animus in a way it isn't even for Musk or others. Hell, I can't think of any public figure so shamelessly driven by nothing beyond hatred like her. They usually have some narcissism or greed or perversion or something in there. But Rowling is just pure hate, raw and unfiltered.

There was Lineham. But her downfall has been greater simply cause she started from a greater height.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Not as familiar with him so can't really speak to it. But yeah, like, this is it. This is all she does, and all she has. Musk has his ego and his stupid flights of fancy and other poo poo. Most of these bigots have something else. Or at least a myriad of targets. She has nothing. She's just a blazing star of hatred for transpeople. It's as pathetic as it is loathsome.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Not as familiar with him so can't really speak to it.

British comedian, wrote for a lot of good sitcoms, became a TERF after some pushback about an episode of the IT crowd. Was so obsessed with hating trans people that his wife and kids left him over it.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

bobjr posted:

That’s too much work, she’ll just say something like the trans wizard they threw in the game was a pedophile.

She has the rebooted miniseries now; wonder how much transphobia she'll try and hammer into that?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

British comedian, wrote for a lot of good sitcoms, became a TERF after some pushback about an episode of the IT crowd. Was so obsessed with hating trans people that his wife and kids left him over it.

The really funny thing about Linehan's fall is how much the female TERFs hated him and told him to gently caress off at every opportunity.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

linehan getting booed off mumsnet was hilarious

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Like, even Elon Musk, who's posted a lot of anti-trans poo poo, was saying "hey, take it down a notch." Modern equivalent of Robert Howard telling HP Lovecraft to stop being so racist, except they were both much better writer's than Rowling (although still incredibly racist).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

There were years between that episode of IT crowd and him going insane online about trans people, and if he wasn't a horrible person who went insane online it would just be a really problematic episode of a popular show, like the blackface episode of Scrubs or something. But instead what we got would be like if the head writer of that episode of Scrubs turned out to be a cowl owning member of the KKK.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Air Skwirl posted:

There were years between that episode of IT crowd and him going insane online about trans people, and if he wasn't a horrible person who went insane online it would just be a really problematic episode of a popular show, like the blackface episode of Scrubs or something. But instead what we got would be like if the head writer of that episode of Scrubs turned out to be a cowl owning member of the KKK.

Feels more like he went off the rails afterwards. So like, if the writer wasn't in the KKK, but made it his goal to become a high-ranking member. And, considering Linehan is a guy, while also being black I guess?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Air Skwirl posted:

There were years between that episode of IT crowd and him going insane online about trans people

The pushback was also years after (2013, the episode aired in 2009-ish?), on Twitter, and I think you can definitely see it as a domino-flick towards full TERF.

https://twitter.com/velobetty/status/415626659258433536

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
Also iirc there have been multiple writers and actors for that episode who have come out and said "yeah our bad, that was dumb and lovely and we didn't know better" with basically no fanfare, which makes it even sadder for glinner to have blown up his entire life

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

woke kaczynski posted:

Also iirc there have been multiple writers and actors for that episode who have come out and said "yeah our bad, that was dumb and lovely and we didn't know better" with basically no fanfare, which makes it even sadder for glinner to have blown up his entire life

Matt Baker has definitely publicly said he absolutely wouldn't do it again and regrets it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Guy A. Person posted:

I randomly got a video about JK algorithmed to me and watched it yesterday; I knew she was doing a ton of anti-trans tweeting but I seriously hadn't realized how far gone she was. Like I knew she was doing all of this but I hadn't realized this is essentially all she does, all day, every day on twitter, going as far as to dig up tweets with like less than 10 views to argue with. I checked it out to verify and yeah, it's like generously 90% of her tweeting. She had some video series where she discusses her writing released last loving week and there's two tweets about it buried under 20 more tweets mostly about anti-trans stuff.

Like she didn't even make her newly released project her pinned tweet! That's also an anti-trans thread!

She's so hard-charging about it that Musk and a couple other big transphobes have popped up in her replies to tell her to dial it back. Gotta be pretty drat crazy for Elon Musk, noted horny child roleplayer, to tell you to stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer

woke kaczynski posted:

I guarantee he could have easily avoided his entire downfall if he’d responded to criticism of that one episode with something along the lines of “Yeah looking back I would have definitely done some things differently today”. No grovelling apology and self-flagellation needed, just some half-hearted sidestep and it would be more or less forgotten about today. Instead he decided to make his entire existence revolve around it.