Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I don't know what it was, but some form of media, maybe a website or a video or something, used the Simpsons clip of Krusty lamenting "I tried to drink a Coke on the bus, and they took away my pass!"

I know this is an extremely long shot, but I had to check. This thread is so incredible, I'm sort of hopeful that someone will know what I'm talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't know what it was, but some form of media, maybe a website or a video or something, used the Simpsons clip of Krusty lamenting "I tried to drink a Coke on the bus, and they took away my pass!"

I know this is an extremely long shot, but I had to check. This thread is so incredible, I'm sort of hopeful that someone will know what I'm talking about.

"Bart the Fink" Season 7 / Episode 15 (11:07)

That's the source, but probably doesn't get you closer to the website.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

"Bart the Fink" Season 7 / Episode 15 (11:07)

That's the source, but probably doesn't get you closer to the website.

I should have been more detailed in my post, I was actually watching that episode, and when Krusty said that, I finished his quote along with him, immediately having it flood back into my head as a strong but forgotten memory. But the thing is, I know that I don't originally know it from the show, but rather something else that would play or use that clip often. Growing up, I wasn't allowed to watch the show, so it wasn't ingrained in my brain from the show itself.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I’ve never heard the “coke on a bus” but anywhere else but the rant and “I get to live the rest of my life like a shnook” is Goodfellas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUWKrzsFh2c

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
This one just popped in my head out of nowhere, so I apologize for the vagueness.

Most likely from the 80s, almost certainly not any later than 91. There are two men in a survival situation; a plane crash, a shipwreck, some kind of transportation related problem. Neither of the guys likes the other very much. One of the guys is injured and has limited use of his limbs, and the other guy is blinded as part of the crash. They have to work together to repair the engine or the radio or the space ship, or whatever. The blind guy has to describe the pieces and how they fit together in excruciating detail. At the end they are successful and end up safe/rescued.

It's not The Edge, and I'm pretty sure it's not Enemy Mine.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Was one of them a white boy and one of them a black man? Could it have been The Cay

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0246477/

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

CzarChasm posted:

Most likely from the 80s, almost certainly not any later than 91. There are two men in a survival situation; a plane crash, a shipwreck, some kind of transportation related problem. Neither of the guys likes the other very much. One of the guys is injured and has limited use of his limbs, and the other guy is blinded as part of the crash. They have to work together to repair the engine or the radio or the space ship, or whatever. The blind guy has to describe the pieces and how they fit together in excruciating detail. At the end they are successful and end up safe/rescued.

I really wanted to say Enemy Mine until your last sentence. There may be an episode of MacGyver like this? It feels like I've seen what you're talking about, but I can't pin it down.

Or maybe I'm thinking of Han Solo directing Lando's aim. But it also reminded me of Drummer and Ashford being trapped in an episode of the Expanse.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

really random but iirc there was an X-men comic where Cyclops and Storm are stranded somewhere really blizzardy and he's lost his visor so he's effectively blind

I don't believe it was ever adapted or animated

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

CzarChasm posted:

This one just popped in my head out of nowhere, so I apologize for the vagueness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Enemy_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)

If it's not that, then at least it's what I was thinking of.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
That was also an episode of Hey Dude. Two dudes were fighting, one twisted his ankle and the other blinded himself opening the radiator cap on their overheated Jeep. They bond over the experience and the blind dude carries the other dude back to the ranch so they don't die in the desert.

Best version of this trope was Babylon 5 though:
"We need to put our differences aside and work together to survive."
"LMAO, I'm going to sit here and watch you die."

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Cat Hatter posted:

That was also an episode of Hey Dude. Two dudes were fighting, one twisted his ankle and the other blinded himself opening the radiator cap on their overheated Jeep. They bond over the experience and the blind dude carries the other dude back to the ranch so they don't die in the desert.

Absolutely wild that another person exists who immediately thought of this episode of Hey Dude

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

My fave version is an hh Munro short story. Two hunters from feuding families are trapped in the woods and hurt. They slowly put aside their differences and vow to save the other if their family finds them first. And when they finally hear folks approaching the one asks the other whose family it is, he laughs dryly and says “wolves.”

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Alan Smithee posted:

Was one of them a white boy and one of them a black man? Could it have been The Cay
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0246477/
Thought of The Cay as well, but only read the book, never saw the movie.

Alan Smithee posted:

really random but iirc there was an X-men comic where Cyclops and Storm are stranded somewhere really blizzardy and he's lost his visor so he's effectively blind

I don't believe it was ever adapted or animated
Not animated, and not X-men.

Hannibal Rex posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Enemy_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)
If it's not that, then at least it's what I was thinking of.
Another one I'm familiar with, but not the one I'm thinking of.

Cat Hatter posted:

That feels pretty dark for an episode of Hey Dude, but not what I was thinking. Also never saw Babylon 5

Hannibal Rex posted:

I really wanted to say Enemy Mine until your last sentence. There may be an episode of MacGyver like this? It feels like I've seen what you're talking about, but I can't pin it down.

This is the most likely thing. Time frame is right, and I watched a lot of MacGyver back in the day.

Thanks everyone

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

CzarChasm posted:

Thought of The Cay as well, but only read the book, never saw the movie.

Not animated, and not X-men.

Another one I'm familiar with, but not the one I'm thinking of.

That feels pretty dark for an episode of Hey Dude, but not what I was thinking. Also never saw Babylon 5

This is the most likely thing. Time frame is right, and I watched a lot of MacGyver back in the day.

Thanks everyone

Probably also not it, but there's a bomb defusal scene in Executive Decision where the EOD guy has a spinal injury and has to talk a rookie through the procedure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJQz-0F61yA

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Hannibal Rex posted:

Or maybe I'm thinking of Han Solo directing Lando's aim. But it also reminded me of Drummer and Ashford being trapped in an episode of the Expanse.

Also might have been an episode of The A-Team

Or The Incredible Hulk

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Trying to remember the name of a movie I saw on I think the Sci-fi channel in the early 2000s.

It's about a horrible lady who wanted to film a haunted mansion. The most memorable part was that she made her boss give her permission by cutting herself and threatening to wipe her blood on him, because he was terrified of bloodborne diseases.

She knew the mansion wasn't just regular haunted, which got members of her crew killed by the entities. It ended with the survivors finding out that she knew the house had dangerous entities but lied to the crew about it, so they escaped and locked her in the mansion.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Schubalts posted:

Trying to remember the name of a movie I saw on I think the Sci-fi channel in the early 2000s.

It's about a horrible lady who wanted to film a haunted mansion. The most memorable part was that she made her boss give her permission by cutting herself and threatening to wipe her blood on him, because he was terrified of bloodborne diseases.

She knew the mansion wasn't just regular haunted, which got members of her crew killed by the entities. It ended with the survivors finding out that she knew the house had dangerous entities but lied to the crew about it, so they escaped and locked her in the mansion.

Rose Red?

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Yep. Saw it not long ago and sounds like Rose Red. It's a not bad watch for a TV Stephen King adaptation. On Hulu I think.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Did an old timey white couple have a threesome in Africa? That’s the only part I saw and was surprised they put that on network tv even in 2002

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I saw this movie like 25 years ago. One scene always stuck with me. Two men are fighting in a house that's on fire. One of the men, I think, is undead/resurrected but looks normal. At some point in the burning house fight one of them drills the other in the chest with a power drill, but it doesn't kill him iirc. I think there might be a woman involved too somehow. I think in another scene someone is stuffing their wound with toilet paper or something but I'm not 100%.

In my memory it gives me Stephen King vibes but honestly I don't have a clue.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Proletarian Mango posted:

I saw this movie like 25 years ago. One scene always stuck with me. Two men are fighting in a house that's on fire. One of the men, I think, is undead/resurrected but looks normal. At some point in the burning house fight one of them drills the other in the chest with a power drill, but it doesn't kill him iirc. I think there might be a woman involved too somehow. I think in another scene someone is stuffing their wound with toilet paper or something but I'm not 100%.

In my memory it gives me Stephen King vibes but honestly I don't have a clue.

Halloween Resurrection

https://youtu.be/V1GgvLKyaKc?si=hhhtHNP5307-HSLu

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
In the 2000s Cache and Nine Queens expanded my horizons so I watched tons of stuff from Europe. The movie I'm trying to remember from that binge wasn't so heady. It was about a woman giving a statement in a police station (maybe because her husband was dead?), recalling various lovers from different parts of her life in a series of Fancier Cinemax vignettes. Nearby people in the police station reacted comically, becoming more interested as her stories went on. If I had to guess I'd say it was made in the 90s.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Bad guy is standing over the good guy and saying "get up! I want to kill you on your feet!"

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Bad guy is standing over the good guy and saying "get up! I want to kill you on your feet!"

Unforgiven?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Hughlander posted:

Unforgiven?

Hmm...maaaaaybe? I watched it a couple years ago, but I don't recall a scene like that. Though I definitely could have forgotten

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Unforgotten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

oldpainless posted:

more like Unforgotten