Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Welcome to the game! All advice above is great, I would add/emphasize that you will get lots and lots of copies of the commons/uncommons/rares, so feel free to airlock as needed, especially human males as they don't help with cadet missions. This upcoming event cycle is good as you should try to participate enough to get to the recurring mega gold each week, these will be your best characters for a long time. The Insubordinate Mariner I got two stars on when I just started was still voyaging for almost a year, and new cards now are way more powerful than older cards. For the galaxy you will get a copy of the two purples if you do just one build in the first two days (and probably a 10X portal too, those are only missed on reruns) and can get three more copies of the new purple (though 130K points might be a bit of a grind) For the Galaxy, you use your spare items to craft special items and have a chance of getting rares that you can turn in for bonus points. the chance of getting rares goes up if you use featured crew or the same characters as the featured crew (not as high of a bonus), so when you get the free rares level them up a big if you can to improve your rare chance, which means less of the building steps. That's both less of a grind and uses less of your resources.

Last weekend I managed two copies of the Snot Riker to probably level up if I have time this week. And as we are heading into an animated mega, I'm probably going to go hard for all these new cards. RIP sleep and resources and slots.

If you pay money for the campaigns, there was drama again as they put a card already in the campaign in the new campaign, and then swapped it out last minute with good card Colonel Kira, almost enough to make me want to buy this campaign.

and now it is event time! A full galaxy to kick off the Animated Mega, and some fun drama to go along with it! The purple Garak that was supposed to be the new purple this week got his art changed at the last minute to make it look more animated or something. Instead it just looks weird, and the older art is much better. And added to that, the announcement is wrong, the prize this week is gold Renegade Locarno. The Hurricane Pike is a purple in next weekend's skirmish/galaxy. He was also added to the game along with next week's prize, but both were then ganked from the game earlier today. I've been busy all day so no idea why or if it has to do with the other art being changed.

Old vs. New!

quote:

Event - Unique Offerings - April 18, 2024 - Galaxy - Mega-Event Week #1

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/21221/galaxy-event-notes-unique-offerings-2024-04-18

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030345/uploads/editor/3p/8w5o12p7lu5n.png

First contact is important, but it sure isn’t easy. While attempting to reevaluate the literal offerings Starfleet makes to new contacts, they find the exchange may leave them with more than they bargain for.

Event Name: Unique Offerings

Event Type: Galaxy

Event Start: Thursday, [04/18] at Noon ET (16:00 UTC)

Phase 1 End Time: Saturday, [04/20] at Noon ET (16:00 UTC)

Event Finish: Monday, [04/22] at Noon ET (16:00 UTC)

Squadrons: Y

Crew Sharing: N

Faction Winner Bonus: N

Event Crew: Worst Contact Riker (new) 5-star, Hologram Garak (new) 4-star, and Bat'leth Mariner (existing) 4-star

Mega Crew Threshold: Projector Spock (new) 5-star.

Ranked reward 5-star crew: Orion Hurricane Pike (new).

this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on [04/25].

Bonus crew

high bonus: event crew
small bonus: variants of Riker, Garak, and Mariner and crew with the ‘Animated’ trait.

Event Faction: Bajorans, Cardassians, and Ferengi Alliance

Live long and prosper,

The Star Trek Timelines Team

Next week, Skirmish/Galaxy, as Animation Celebration Across the Space Nations continues...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

insider posted:

Somehow found this thread. Honestly didn't know there was a thread here.

I'm somehow a newer player to this old rear end gacha game. Why? I have no idea but I honestly didn't know there was a Star Trek gacha except the awful Fleet Command or whatever the hell it is called. This is much better.

So I've been playing for two months and every piece advice says to focus on 3 starring all the cadet missions. Great so I try to do that. The problem is the greens I decided to level aren't good enough to actually crit the nodes on the 3rd tier (epic or elite can't remember what it's called). So I google and see some reference to the 'Little Book' and 'Riker's Angels' and all that. But literally every link just ends up now redirecting to the 'big book' and as far as I can tell doesn't mention cadet missions literally anywhere on it and which greens to actually level to 3 star them all. Help?

Writer of the Little Book here! Yes this got fully integrated into the Big Book (https://bigbook.app) but as far as I know no one has done a complete "best crew for this node" but eventually you'll just want to level them all up. The reason to focus on 1-2 is purely resource stretching in the early game. You'll have everyone stagnating at L60-70 and not going far if you try and level them all up at once. If you find you have a crew for a node you need to complete, just switch gears to that crew and keep going that way.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

The 20 valor compensation for all the ingame wonkiness over the last few weeks helped us brute force our way through a Nightmare FBB for the first time! This game just keeps on giving and giving! Looking forward to trying out Ultra Nightmare for the first time.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

lol good luck
we've finished Nightmare exactly twice, both times with a lot of extra valor, and ultra nightmare is just an absolute lol no for us. We can't even clear nodes reasonably, there's not enough high level players trying to fill nodes to get close. Good luck! If you can get to 50% on ultra-nightmare you can get some bilitrium II, so it's worth trying.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
I somehow got in a top 100 fleet by sheer luck and they let me stay as I'm active everyday even though they are all 80+ level and I just hit 40 haha. They have carried me thru many fleet bosses and it's really accelerated my progress just getting all the upgrades and unlocks.

The wiki is nice because it lists all the cadets so I can just filter by highest Sci for each day for example and I know who I should level to crit the nodes.

Anyway making good progress now and I think I'll be able to three star all the cadet missions in a few weeks.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Make sure you stop by store.startrektimelines.com and get your free Legends pack - which is a pack with 3 guaranteed beholds - one gold and two purples. Not sure it is worth the dilithium price normally but it would be good for prizes on different events/campaigns/etc

I got two copies of Locarno despite galaxies being awful, and now we head towards a skirmish/galaxy. The question is just how much skirmishing I can get done, hopefully a lot, but as the two days are Thursday and Friday I might not have enough time those nights to do as much as I want. The prize is the best Ortegas in the game, another animated version from the crossover episode. She's Diplomacy/Security/Science so not that rare of skills and only #69 (nice) Voyager at the moment. Not a big deal if you miss but I love the animated stuff so will go after a copy. There is a purple Pike as well, but the recurring Spock seems like the best crew to bring as the ride-along for your skirmish crew.

quote:

Event - Flight Makes Right - April 25, 2024 - Skirmish/Galaxy [Hybrid] - Mega-Event Week #2

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/21237/skirmish-galaxy-event-notes-flight-makes-right-2024-04-25

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030345/uploads/editor/dp/3xj3usvpuvc6.png

Locarno is ready to show the Federation (and some of her more vulnerable recruits) what they’re missing - and he’s willing to tear some holes in the fleet to get his point across.

Event Name: Flight Makes Right

Event Type: Skirmish/Galaxy

Event Start: Thursday, 04/25 at Noon ET (16:00 UTC)

Phase 1 End Time: Saturday, 04/27 at Noon ET (16:00 UTC)

Event Finish: Monday, 04/29 at Noon ET (16:00 UTC)

Event Crew: Renegade Locarno (new) 5-star, Orion Hurricane Pike (new) 4-star, and Commander Thelin (existing) 4-star

Event Ship: USS Cerritos (Existing) 5-star, USS Thunderchild, (existing) 4-star, and Nova Class (existing) 2-star

Mega Crew Threshold: Projector Spock (Existing) 5-star

Ranked reward 5-star crew: Orion Hurricane Ortegas (new) 5-star.

this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on [05/02].

Bonus crew

small bonus: variants of Locarno, Pike, Thelin and crew with the ‘Animated’ trait.

New crew: Renegade Locarno 5-star

FE 1/5, Level 100, CMD 1019 (199 - 402), ENG 653 (152 - 299), SEC 332 (72 - 167)

FE 5/5, Level 100, CMD 1409 (199 - 402), ENG 1101 (152 - 299), SEC 557 (72 - 167)

"I Could've Been The Best Pilot in Starfleet!"

Boosts Accuracy by 5
Initialize: 10s, Cooldown: 8s, Duration: 10s
Bonus Ability: +15000 to Crit Bonus
Charge Phases:
After 2s, +18000 to Crit Bonus
After 6s, +20000 to Crit Bonus
Equipment Bonus: Accuracy +325, Crit Bonus +605, Crit Rating +170, Evasion +250

Traits: Human, Federation, Scoundrel, Communicator, Saboteur, Crafty, Desperate

Live long and prosper,

Next weekend is a Faction/Galaxy with a new purple Orion (each new Orion means one less of the terrible Orions you have to complete to finish that collection!) and a new Boimler as the prize. He isn't in the game yet so I don't know if he is any good.

I spent most of the last week trying to clear slots and finally caught up with the purples, just in time to probably run out of room again in this new event. Will be playing less hard once the animated prizes stop

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Tars Tarkas posted:

Make sure you stop by store.startrektimelines.com and get your free Legends pack - which is a pack with 3 guaranteed beholds - one gold and two purples. Not sure it is worth the dilithium price normally but it would be good for prizes on different events/campaigns/etc
Thanks, the in-game message made it sound like this would just be in the portal and I didn't see it and kinda forgot about it.

On my alt I just got a Tendi and The Dog plus an Android Kirk for me to fuse, and on my main account I got a fairly meh begold but took Suus Manha Sarek and then Malik who I guess is worth a precious crew slot.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
Thanks as well. I almost never read the messages they send, nice to be given free stuff.

I got the Gold Benny Russell and the 4th star for two more purples, so can't complain.

I also made it to the #1 spot in the Admiral Division for a brief moment the other day, so that was fun.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

How do people actually 5 star legendaries/golds in this game? A legendary citation is 50k honor and a legendary behold is 45k honor. So are people pulling them from crew retrieval? That also seems incredibly costly from just a credits point of view at 5 mil.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lucky beholds with the 10x pack ranked reward, but yeah the main ways are either retrievals (it's really the only money sink and you make plenty on long voyages) and waiting for an honour sale to buy the daily 40k behold+citation packs to double-dip on golds.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Ones in the portal I do crew retrieval, outside the portal I get cites during honor sales and add stars that way. There are more crew that need cites than I can afford so I do the best voyagers and largest collections first. The mega spock? Getting 1 cite to finish. The Ortegas prize from this week's event? Not getting any cites.

From the last sale i got 14 cites. Put 1 on COP Sisko, two on Kashyk, 1 on Ubi Borg Queen, 1 on Harry Mudd, 1 will go on Projector Spock. Haven't decided the rest, might save 4 in case of a voyage gold and at least one in case the next mega gold is good. My highest rated unfinished cards not in portal are Twin Mistresses of Evil, Renegade Locarno, and Worst Contact Riker. Not sure if I will cite any of them, Locarno is the lowest rated voyager but his less common skills and traits might give him more staying power. I also have a 1 star Lt. Commander Spock who is an impossible to retrieve card (13% I think is best chance) so he should probably get 4 but for some reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

The first crew I finished via crew retrieval was Dexa. Have added 3-4 stars to Sisko the Emissary, Inspiring Captain Burnham, Professor Data, and just finished the Bada Bing golds (I haven't leveled them all because I need the credits for more crew retrievals lol) I just got Varani from a behold so will probably finish him next, or start adding stars to Starfleet Medical Phlox from my boss battle crew. Both will voyage and both have 5 collections.

I have not cited any gauntlet crew but I might at some point as I've only finished one by normal drops and some have 6 collections now

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Credits build up fast if you are not leveling your crew, and use a supply kit when spending a lot of chrons on missions like I just did for the space missions in the skirmish phase of this event. also, the Saturday cadets mission gets you a lot, especially if you have time to ad double it

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've been playing since 2018 and I have 71 fully fused and immortalized golds. A fair few of them are from mega-events, where doing the bare minimum on every weekend during the event nets you four out of the five copies you need. I also immortalized an armus entirely from getting him five (six, actually) times in gauntlet.

But you can also get golds by just shoving shedloads of Merits into the Merit Rewards slot machine. The main use for merits is in the faction stores and to reroll opponents in gauntlet, but I find I accumulate something like 200k merits per year and it only takes maybe... I dunno, 3k or 5k or so? through Merit Rewards to get a gold. It's a totally random one though.

The reality is it's a lot easier to accumulate golds now than it used to be, and also there's way more sources of honor too, which is great for cites. Crew retrieval is new, within the last year; so is boss battles, and those generate a constant stream of honor. You get honor from long voyages, and the weekend ship battle event (the type we just had this thursday and friday) the "bonus reward" you can get is one of credits, event tickets, chrons... or honor. So those are always worth grinding.

All of these things of course work well only once you have a decent amount of crew and ships. I think in my first few months playing, getting a single copy of a gold was a Big Deal and I leaned very heavily on them, but leveling them up is so expensive that I had to really pick and choose whether it was worth it to pile a couple weeks' worth of effort trying to get a gold up to level 100 vs. leveling and fusing multiple blues or two or three purples. Sometimes it really wasn't.

Nowadays I'm getting towards a point where I might have to start airlocking unfused purples because I need more room for golds. In addition to the 71 immortalized golds - all of which I generally keep on my active roster - I have 153 golds that are at fewer than 5 stars, probably more than half of them also not leveled up to 100 yet. And then the rest of my 490 total roster slots is purples - about two or three slots I can shuffle immortalized purples on, and all the rest of those are incomplete purples, with 75 of them at 1-3 stars and the rest at 4 stars but not yet fully leveled and equipped.

What I'm getting at is, play for a long time and you'll find yourself showered in crew. The game stops being about getting any good crew and becomes more about optimizing your best crew, and pursuing whatever other goals interest you - collections, events, maybe scoring high in the arena, or focusing on playing dress-up with your little dollies.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

Yea I'm not really trying to do that yet I was just curious how it was generally done. Interesting that crew retrieval is newish.

Also I just noticed the 'Free Dith' button in the shop. Any of these worth super easy and worth doing?

Edit: thanks for the merit rewards pull tip. Did get a gold and some nice purples.

insider fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Apr 29, 2024

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Be aware that using the "offer wall" (the free dilithium thing) shares certain aspects of your identity, as it exists on your device, with the company making the offer: e.g., google play credentials, etc. When they first put up the offer wall it was really controversial on their forums but they did respond to concerns and dial back how much info was being shared.

Also some of the companies doing the offers simply don't give you your rewards, and you have to use the appeals process to get them. I had that happen with one of the "Hero wars" games I tried, and since I'd qualified for a half-dozen reward tiers, I had to file a ticket for each individual tier because that's how the ticketing system works. That kinda sucked.

That said, there's hundreds of offers and if there's a game you were going to try anyway, I think it's worth it to get some free dilithium for doing so. I did that recently with Scrabble Go and I was able to claim a few hundred dil for not much effort. I also recently tried the star trek fleets game and while the game kinda sucks, it was quite a lot of dilithium for 45 days of playing for about an hour a day, like I think I got over 3k dil by the end and that was a game I'd been meaning to try out.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

They have 4x days during holidays/sometimes randomly and if you start the offer then it is way more worth it. I usually just do casual card or merge games with lots of tiers I can dump when it gets too much to do/life is busy

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

As the skirmish finished and done and most of us sat around and did little for Saturday as the ranks slowly sank, by late Sunday I saw my score slip into the 500s, so I did some galaxy turn ins to get back to 450 and hopefully some breathing room. It turned out ok, as I finished a little under 600 and got two copies of Orion Hurricane Ortegas for cartoon fun.

In other news, I'm doing a long voyage again, and if you do the long voyage all the way you have about a 15% chance of hitting a gold behold, and I did about two days in and now have Dr. Simon van Gelder. Voyage is still going but will recall once I hit both part 3s. Still don't have Grady, he was in that behold but will have to wait. I hadn't gotten a gold voyage behold since Chapel despite sending out 12-14 hour voyages constantly. That's how rare they are so there is no reason not to just cite them when you get them (I am leaving Chakotay without cites both due to not having enough and as a just in case reason)

quote:

Event - Meant To Be Broken - May 2, 2024 - Faction/Galaxy [Hybrid] - Mega-Event Week #3

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/21258/faction-galaxy-event-notes-meant-to-be-broken-2024-05-02

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030345/uploads/editor/cf/jizpbyecte80.png

There are some who find the rules in organizations like Starfleet to be more guidelines than hardlines. But the consequences for crossing those lines can be dire.

Event Name: Meant to be Broken

Event Type: Faction/Galaxy

Event Start: Thursday, [05/02] at Noon ET (16:00 UTC)

Phase 1 End Time: Saturday, [05/04] at Noon ET (16:00 UTC)

Event Finish: Monday, [05/06] at Noon ET (16:00 UTC)

Crew Sharing: Y

Event Crew: Orion Hurricane Ortegas (new) 5-star, Ensign Mesk (new) 4-star, and Ron Docent (existing) 4-star

Mega Crew Threshold: Projector Spock (existing) 5-star

Ranked reward 5-star crew: Vinyard Boimler (new) 5-star.

this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on [05/09].

Bonus crew

small bonus: variants of Ortegas, Mesk, Docent, and crew with the ‘Animated’ trait.

Event Faction: Dominion, Klingon Empire, and Terran Empire

New crew: Orion Hurricane Ortegas 5-star

FE 1/5, Level 100, DIP 1007 (207 - 400), SEC 627 (146 - 304), SCI 308 (73 - 176)

FE 5/5, Level 100, DIP 1397 (207 - 400), SEC 1075 (146 - 304), SCI 533 (73 - 176)

"Caras Gave Us a Bottle of Real Orion Delaq"

Boosts Accuracy by 6
Initialize: 6s, Cooldown: 10s, Duration: 6s
Bonus Ability: Increases Accuracy boost to +5 | Trigger: Position
Equipment Bonus: Accuracy +550, Crit Bonus +515, Crit Rating +132, Evasion +300

Traits: Human, Federation, Starfleet, Casual, Desperate, Communicator, Resourceful, Bartender

Live long and prosper,

So Boimler isn't that good, he's a weaker AGIMUS and already above voyage rank 100. But it's Boimler so I'm going for it! I am thinking some of these crew have been sitting around too long and weren't updated, we've gotten way too many voyage rank 100+ people lately.

Next week is full shuttles with a gold version of Captain Shaw from Star Trek Picard as the prize. Also a midweek event with shuttle tokens, I don't remember it but some people in my fleet say it was an older OE that they modified slightly and brought back.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm gonig camping for two days but I'll be back for saturday so I'll decide then if I have time to bother with this weekend's event at all

what do you mean by "if you do the long voyage all the way"? I think I've tried spending multiple tokens to extend a voyage like... once... in the last six months? I should probably pay attention to the new long-voyage dilemmas, huh

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Yeah it's using the voyage refills, this is the third time I've done a long voyage, but second since the begilds. The 12 hour dilemmas have double the chance of the beholds (which i think goes from less than 1% to around 2%) I'm running it until I hit both of the 3 part dilemmas and the 5 12 hour dilemmas (I've hit those but not the 3 partners yet)

I get 12 hours on most voyages now except for some of the medical ones, for com/sec/dip I can hit 14 hours occasionally, especially when it is sun-tue and I can use the q missions crew before they are needed in the q missions.

The prior long voyage didn't get any gold crew, and you can still get them at the 6 hour dilemmas that drop purples.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

how many tokens do you usually spend before you end the voyage?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

This time I went from 35ish to 3, but I used all the q equipped crew so the sec and command were 24K, that got me to 17:30 I think before I had to use the first token. With the antimatter bonuses I was getting over 2 hours per token, and the sec and command were still getting the 5 antimatter mission solves into at least hour 19. After the initial run the number of antimatter bonuses are important, I would only do it if you have the ship bonus and some crew bonuses. I think I had 2950 antimatter on revivals. I don't have all the ship traits yet as the only 5 stars I have done are the Dabo ships

Iirc the total time now for all dilemmas is 3 days 10 hours if you pick all multiparts, but the way I tracked was to just count the 3 parters (and the 5 12 hour dilemmas but those 5 came pretty quickly)

The bad part is you will run out of antimatter in the middle of the 2 hour windows so you might have to check every hour to either revive or do a dilemma. I got 6000 chrons which is more than I would have gotten with normal voyages in that time.

Skirmish and galaxy weeks are the best to do it, and I only did it now since I have so many animated crew I was still at 99% shuttles with 3 tokens. If it was a mega for a show I didn't collect I would have to time it better.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

35 tokens is a lot, and I generally don't have quipped crew because I can only get kinda halfway through the second tier of q missions in the limited less-than-a-week window anyway. I could get farther if I checked my game more times per day and obviously if I bought the fourth and fifth container thingies. I think I typically always hit 10 hours but only hit 12 if I load up the voyage optimizer tool and follow its recommendations, which I usually don't bother with because I'm too lazy.

In other news, the "Captain's Bridge Supplies" objective event is handing out biltrium II, which is cool for lower level players, but no bilitrium III at all, so I'll still be solidly stuck at bridge level 13 forever. I was really hoping we'd get at least a few IIIs from this event, the II is literally worthless to me now (I already have 135 in the inventory).

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

Thanks to this event, I think I'll finally hit the Level 13 wall on all four accounts. Best event ever. Hopefully someday they do a Captains Bridge Supplies II event or something that gives the higher level mats.

The huge trait update looks like it may lead to some interesting stuff as far as FBB combos and collections updates, too.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

This is the best event since I've been playing. Pushed me to 2 upgrades from bridge level 11, and pushed my NCC-1017 ship to level 8/10. Just really good rewards.

Also I've 3 starred all cadet missions except the weekend ones which are kind of annoying as the requirements to crit the epic weekend ones are super tight.

Leperflesh posted:

In other news, the "Captain's Bridge Supplies" objective event is handing out biltrium II, which is cool for lower level players, but no bilitrium III at all, so I'll still be solidly stuck at bridge level 13 forever. I was really hoping we'd get at least a few IIIs from this event, the II is literally worthless to me now (I already have 135 in the inventory).

Why is bilitrium III such a wall? I have 80 in my inventory right now. Does it take tons?

insider fucked around with this message at 01:03 on May 9, 2024

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Not all fleets can handle the upper levels of the fleet battles consistently, or sometimes even at all.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Objective complete on two stars on that Boimler, though I did have to do the galaxy portion a bit more than I thought to stay up there. We got an OE that gives us shuttle tokens, and leads right into the next event, full shuttles for everyone!

quote:

Faction Event Notes Off the Clock - [2024/05/09]
A little R&R may be just what the doctor ordered (quite literally in some cases), but some vacations may be more restful - and less destructive - than others!

Event Name: Off the Clock
Event Type: Faction
Event Start: Thursday, [05/09] at Noon ET (16:00 UTC)
Phase 1 End Time: Saturday, [05/11] at Noon ET (16:00 UTC)
Event Finish: Monday, [05/13] at Noon ET (16:00 UTC)

Crew Sharing: Y
Faction Winner Bonus: Y

Event Crew: Vineyard Boimler (new) 5*, Prince Billups (new) 4*, and Jen Shre’yan (existing) 4*

Mega Crew Threshold: Projector Spock (existing) 5*

Ranked reward 5* crew: Heroic Shaw (new) 5*. - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on [05/16].

Bonus crew
- high bonus: event crew
- small bonus: variants of Boimler, Billlups, Shre'yan and crew with the ‘Animated’ trait.

Event Faction
Augments, Federation, and Ferengi Traditionalists

New crew: Vineyard Boimler 5*

FE 1/5, Level 100, CMD 326 (82 - 178), DIP 672 (150 - 309), ENG 970 (199 - 400)
FE 5/5, Level 100, CMD 551 (82 - 178), DIP 1100 (150 - 309), ENG 1349 (199 - 400)

"We Boimlers Dry Grapes"
- Boosts Accuracy by 6
- Initialize: 6s, Cooldown: 10s, Duration: 10s
- Bonus Ability: +20% to Attack Speed | Trigger: Position
- Equipment Bonus: Accuracy +490, Crit Bonus +255, Crit Rating +150, Evasion +450

Traits: Human, Federation, Starfleet, Communicator, Resourceful, Desperate, Gardener

Live long and prosper,

Heroic Shaw is a gold version of Captain Shaw, but has a common skill set and is a mid-50ish Voyager so will probably drop voyage ranks like a rock. But it's Captain Shaw! I'm not going to go for it, I am pretty busy this week, but good luck if you do

Next week is a rerun of a skirmish/galaxy, it is the one with the Dr. Crusher with a gun from Star Trek Picard, and you can pick up a copy at 400K. I got a single star on her last time around (by accident iirc) so will add star #2, though with a whole 1 collection she can just sit in my crew slots gathering space dust.

How far did you get on the new Sabotage collection? I capped out at 23, two away from the next tier.

Next week's midweek is the level your crew OE so save some crew to fuse and finish!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

insider posted:

Why is bilitrium III such a wall? I have 80 in my inventory right now. Does it take tons?

Felinoid posted:

Not all fleets can handle the upper levels of the fleet battles consistently, or sometimes even at all.

It's this. My fleet has beaten Nightmare exactly twice. We have about ten high level players, about five to ten lower level players that tend to drop out over time, and then a regular churn of maybe one or two level 10 players who log in once and never again. There was a point about a year or so ago that the fleet was regularly at 50 players, albeit mostly lower level ones, but that is long gone and there's been some significant falloff of activity. Either people hate the idea of a casual fleet, or a lot fewer people are looking for fleets to join, or maybe there's just fewer new players total.

Anyway yeah we can't beat Nightmare, even when we got that pile of 20 extra fleet battle tokens a couple weeks ago, we tried three times and each time we got stuck on some node nobody who played had.

I understand they don't want it to be too easy for the fleets that have 40 high level players, but the result is that fleets like mine are completely stopped at level 13 bridge, where you start needing Bilitrium III. We could abandon our fleet and join other ones but we've been building our starbase since 2018, it's nearly finished, and it feels incredibly bad to abandon that. Plus some of us have been playing together for that long, too.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Hey everyone. I know that I don't post in here much, but I'm in a guild with ThatAwfulNick, and if anyone is looking for a new guild, we have a bunch of goons who play Galaxy of Heroes, and we play this and have a discord and stuff. Nothing pushy or tryhard, just having fun.

https://discord.com/invite/KB3yJc67

Reach out and ping me or ThatAwfulNick if you want to join up!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So last night I set up at least 10 overnight 9-hour shuttles on each of my two accounts, looks like it was 14 on my main and 10 on my alt. I was up at 7 this morning for a 7:30 meeting at work, still had 45 minutes left on the shuttles. After they finished I would have had 45 minutes, so I could run some 30-minute shuttles if I had to to hit any thresholds etc.

And I got distracted at work and reading SA and loving forgot. I hate that all those shuttle tokens were totally wasted, 8k of event credit per shuttle down the drain. This happens over and over with the drat shuttle events! I really wish it'd auto-hand-in completed shuttles at the end of the event, instead of just losing credit for them if you couldn't play in that window.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 13, 2024

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

I had to start setting timers on my phone to make sure I collect shuttles, but they should at least have notifications set up for that instead of letting me know I have a dilemma several minutes after I logged in and cleared the dilemma. Even with timers I have spent so many blue boosts and then not collected the shuttles until 3+ hours later, just complete waste. I also set timers sometimes for 5 minutes before gauntlet ends as that is the best chance of getting top 10, but I'm often not free then as that is right at 5pm here.

I got through thresholds but didn't try harder than that, it looked like this week was pretty competitive.

They threw up a Q missions OE this morning to go with the level your crew OE that's starting today, getting busy in midweek event land. I have a bunch of crew in overflow waiting for the event to start so I can get the credit for fusing them, and will finish three purples which won't even clear slots as I got some new bad golds from pack pulls the past week. Okay, Solar Sail Sisko is bad but has a bajillion collections and traits so he makes the long list for retrievals, but I'm working on Starfleet Medical Phlox at the moment and have some other 5-6 collection crew that are better voyagers to finish first. Disguised Janeway and Kukulkan, however, bleh.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I turned off shuttle notifications on my devices because I run so many 30 second tanked shuttles and it's annoying as gently caress sitting there in front of the TV watching something with my wife and my device keeps pinging away about the drat shuttles.

I guess I should set timers but I am trying to avoid letting my game feel like work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Currently the app only gives me notifications on my phone after I log into the game, which is better than before when it would only give me a notice when my chronitons had refilled (which I've not used enough of to get below the limit in a very long time so I don't even know if that alert still exists.) I'll probably have to turn it off soon as I'm getting like 9 notices every time I open the app now.

As Toon Time comes to an end, it's time for a rerun event, though this time it is a Skirmish/Galaxy!

quote:

Event - Pecking Order - May 16, 2024 - Skirmish/Galaxy [Hybrid]

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/21276/skirmish-galaxy-event-notes-pecking-order-2024-05-16

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030345/uploads/editor/2v/g2vr3uyhsmak.png

Outgunned and outmaneuvered, ships across the Federation are sending out distress calls, many of them haunting last records of desperate battles with a nimble new enemy.

Event Name: Pecking Order

Event Type: Skirmish/Galaxy

Event Start: Thursday, [05/16] at Noon ET (16:00 UTC)

Phase 1 End Time: Saturday, [05/18] at Noon ET (16:00 UTC)

Event Finish: Monday, [05/20] at Noon ET (16:00 UTC)

Event Crew: Heroic Shaw (new) 5-star, Battle Beverly Crusher (existing) 5-star, Vadic (existing) 4-star, and Tallinn (existing) 4-star.

Event Ship: The Shrike (existing) 5-star, La Sirena (existing) 4-star, and Intrepid-class (existing) 3-star

Ranked reward 5-star crew: EV Suit Hoshi Sato (new) 5-star.

this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on [05/23].

Bonus crew

small bonus: variants of B.Crusher, Vadic, and PIC

New crew: Heroic Shaw 5-star

FE 1/5, Level 100, CMD 676 (156 - 311), DIP 322 (80 - 171), SEC 969 (200 - 403)

FE 5/5, Level 100, CMD 1124 (156 - 311), DIP 547 (80 - 171), SEC 1359 (200 - 403)

"Go, Go! We'll Cover You!"

Boosts Attack by 6
Decreases Evasion by 4
Initialize: 6s, Cooldown: 10s, Duration: 8s
Uses Per Battle: 2
Bonus Ability: Immediately deals 400% Damage
Equipment Bonus: Accuracy +600, Crit Bonus +700, Crit Rating +220, Evasion +250

Traits: Human, Federation, Starfleet, Duelist, Hero, Communicator, Desperate, Marksman

Enjoy this Event with some special offers up to 50% off! Take a look at them and good luck on those Skirmishes!

Live long and prosper,

I got one star on Battle Beverly Crusher last time around, so will be looking to add star #2. If I have time, I'll go for Hoshi. She already down to #100 voyager, but she has a rare skill set and it's Hoshi. Next weekend is a full shuttles event, with a very good Wesley Crusher - https://www.bigbook.app/crew/wesley_experienced_traveler_crew
I'm down to 3 cites now so assuming one more mega gold and one more giveaway crew, I may only have one to spare if both of those are good, until the next honor sale. Any new gold I get from an event now won't be fully useful anytime soon.