Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Kendrick would be banned if he posted it on SA, which just proves how hosed up the rules are here.

tahts right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Al! posted:

i decided to watch mad max 2, one of the goats. it's great how much is simply shown in a way that respects the viewer's basic intelligence to understand what is happening

it's refreshing considering how many movies and shows are written with the expectation the audience will be looking at their phones at the same time

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
kendrick proving conclusively that drake is the goatse guy and then being permabanned

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Al! posted:

kendrick proving conclusively that drake is the goatse guy and then being permabanned

helldump superstar

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mantis42 posted:

it's refreshing considering how many movies and shows are written with the expectation the audience will be looking at their phones at the same time

i exclusively watch all movies on my 3rd monitor while listening to podcasts on my 2nd while watching a subway surfer hassan reaction video on my 1st. anyways why did brad pitt want to know whats in the box so badly? seemed out of character 0/10

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Al! posted:

the industry is shrinking and people are fighting over smaller segments of the pie essentially

nah its def. personal, kendrick already hated drakes guts for a decade and had more reason every year but didn't have a way to take him out until he burned too many industry relationships

im starting to think a big reason behind releasing mr morale and owning his own failings and asking for grace was so he could deliver wrath to drake in clear conscience lol

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Fried Watermelon posted:

For goons not into rap music and need an explanation of this drama: it's not good to be called a pedophile

Hmm pedophile bad, you say? 🤔

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

indigi posted:

I would lose all respect for Kendrick if he has evidence that Drake abuses children and just put it in his pocket in case of beef. like unless he also has proof that he was only made aware of it within the past 24 hours, it's an extremely hosed up thing to sit on.

also I'd love to see how far a slander trial based on a diss track goes

e: like I'll give him a tentative pass if he got the info Friday afternoon cause it's reasonable to think the FBI probably wouldn't move on it until Monday anyway. but beyond that, sheesh.

I mean I know Drake is a pedo for years but it's not like I could go to the cops about it

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

Al! posted:

i decided to watch mad max 2, one of the goats. it's great how much is simply shown in a way that respects the viewer's basic intelligence to understand what is happening

I get the impression Miller really goes into the backstory or lore or whatever when writing but then dumps all the unnecessary poo poo in the final film because you get all these little glimpses into it but it's not overbearing or overly expository. Like there's a clear structure to the raiders but its not spelled out you just can just tell from their clothing and like one barely audible line calling out the names of different groups. It really makes it feel like a fully realized world while still being completely focused on the story its telling. All the mad max movies own even thunderdome which I used to think of as half of a good movie I ended up liking a lot more on a recent rewatch

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the show siren on netflix is pretty sick

you know what else is a good random netflix show? black sails

finally a series that answers the real important questions about pirates most media is too scared to tackle like what happens when they go on furlough during a labor dispute

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3sJBQpd1hc

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I watched Surviving The Game and that movie is tight.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I watched Surviving The Game and that movie is tight.

Ice T is just so fuckin easy to watch and the cast is nuts. putting Gary Busey and 90s John C McGinley on the same team took balls and they pulled it off

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

classic "we need to say something about this but have no idea what" sketch

there was a good one from last night though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSg7a0yMCSg

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

oh is there a rapsball happening? :smug:

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

indigi posted:

I would lose all respect for Kendrick if he has evidence that Drake abuses children and just put it in his pocket in case of beef. like unless he also has proof that he was only made aware of it within the past 24 hours, it's an extremely hosed up thing to sit on.

also I'd love to see how far a slander trial based on a diss track goes

e: like I'll give him a tentative pass if he got the info Friday afternoon cause it's reasonable to think the FBI probably wouldn't move on it until Monday anyway. but beyond that, sheesh.

the cops do know
no such thing as a Hidden Celebrity Pedophile Sex Trafficking Ring - cops have to know where it is in order to protect it, they're not the threat: repeat child sex offenders make easy targets for robbery, extortion/blackmail etc celebrity ones even moreso
cops get paid to protect em from the law & anyone else and go after the competition

these kinds of things don't go away until something makes em too visible for people to hide period

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

indigi posted:

love the aspiring "white knowers" in the cspam pop culture thread

ive been reading an interesting but incredibly boring book called the right kind of white by garrett buck thats basically just a minority growing up in america memoir except hes not a minority hes a white guy who was trained from youth to think he was better than other white people because hes not racist

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I now understand why Joanna Newsom is a Kendrick Lamar fan

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

2014's constantine deserved a season 2

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

ive been reading an interesting but incredibly boring book called the right kind of white by garrett buck thats basically just a minority growing up in america memoir except hes not a minority hes a white guy who was trained from youth to think he was better than other white people because hes not racist

drat that's slick

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

you know what else is a good random netflix show? black sails

finally a series that answers the real important questions about pirates most media is too scared to tackle like what happens when they go on furlough during a labor dispute

Watched like half the first ep awhile ago and decided the little bit of paper john silver took when he told the pirates he was a cook was a recipe for breaded fish filets, never watched it since in order to maintain this headcanon

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Gotta wait for the Kidz Bop versions of the Kendrick tracks before you can truly judge imo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

then Drake's girlfriends can also listen

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

brugroffil posted:

"tryin to strike a chord
And it's probably A-minorrrrrrr" made me chuckle, solid pun

the long drawn out last syllable like drake's annoying rear end style was very funny too

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

It works because there are so many other culturally accepted systems for white people to keep undesirables, including lesser white people, out of their community without resorting to anything so gauche as racism.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

indigi posted:

Ice T is just so fuckin easy to watch and the cast is nuts. putting Gary Busey and 90s John C McGinley on the same team took balls and they pulled it off

gary busey's monologue about his dog is so loving intense

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
another thing I like about it: there's no million dollar prize or like "okay you get out of poverty free now" card for Ice T at the end. He's fighting for his life, he got like a couple hundred bucks and a good dinner to be hunted for sport by a bunch of rich psychos.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Oglethorpe posted:

2014's constantine deserved a season 2

Yep

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Drake responds I'm listening now, everybody is saying it's rear end. Omg lmao he's puppet mastering!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJeY-FXidDQ

Full anime villain speech

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
yeesh

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

this whole feud is loving hilarious

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

drat. it's meh but the Mariah Carey line was funny

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

KirbyKhan posted:

Drake responds I'm listening now, everybody is saying it's rear end. Omg lmao he's puppet mastering!

low energy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
i think out of all of these songs i like bbl drizzy the best

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
this is the best version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgfe5RvTyhs

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's kind of sad that Drake is still claiming he has respect when his corner has just been crickets this weekend

have any producers or rappers been funning on Kendrick and I just missed it

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

tristeham posted:

low energy

you can easily tell which of them was a helldump poster and which was a d&d poster

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
I’m not a hip-hop expert, but making fun of molestation victims isn’t a winning move.

Also, saying “if I was really sleeping with underage girls, I’d have been arrested by now!” is really not a great argument.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

KirbyKhan posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Lol the always sunny meme came true. Wtf