Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Manyorcas posted:

Edit: Also Annoited, I think we need some inactives kicked to make room, there's been a few goons that have missed out since this thread started but only you have kick permissions.

Sure thing .

Hagop posted:

Sounds like everything is full but HAGOP_XSDX is my invite code. Is there a cooldown for switching guilds or can I go join some randoms while waiting for a slot to free up?

Invite sent to you.

EDIT: Also sorry for not registering for Guild Wars, my bad.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Annointed posted:

Sure thing .

Invite sent to you.

EDIT: Also sorry for not registering for Guild Wars, my bad.

No hard feelings, it’s a dumb phone game. 👍🏻

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I'm going to try again in the new thread, but can someone invite Spiff111_73CB to one of the guilds? Also, what's the best way to farm legendary ingots and how do I get better troops?

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

GrandpaPants posted:

I'm going to try again in the new thread, but can someone invite Spiff111_73CB to one of the guilds? Also, what's the best way to farm legendary ingots and how do I get better troops?

Invite sent.

If both players on invited on this page accept, gem blossoms will be full again. We’re getting to the point where there’s enough active goons that we have more players than can fit in two guilds, but not enough to make a 3rd. Sucks for those that miss out :(

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Manyorcas posted:

Invite sent.

Yay it worked!

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
If there isn’t room in the goon guilds, new players really should wander over to the official forums and look at the guild recruiting threads. It’s in the OP, but the amount of keys/souls/etc. you get by being in an active guild makes the difference between (1) quitting the game early because you can’t progress and (2) having the troops/levels/traits to finish the early game and contribute to the guild. Historically, the “find a guild” feature within the game does not work for finding active guilds, just empty ones—this is not good for new players!

As spots open up in the goon guilds, we can give players an opportunity to jump from their pubbie guilds into ours. But the most important thing is that players get into a decent guild somewhere.

GrandpaPants posted:

Also, what's the best way to farm legendary ingots and how do I get better troops?

The Underworld and Delve system is where the game starts throwing legendary and mythic ingots at you. Beat Sin of Maraj, and look in the OP for a description of how Delving works. (Hint: don’t blindly advance. You can permanently slow your progress. Look in the OP for how to manage it.)

As for getting new troops, you want keys. Lots of keys. You can also spend colored gems in the Soul Forge (look at the Summoning Stone recipes under the Troops tab), but that can require a semi-high Soul Forge level. So for early players, being in good guilds and getting showered with keys is the best way to expand the troop collection.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Grundulum posted:

The Underworld and Delve system is where the game starts throwing legendary and mythic ingots at you. Beat Sin of Maraj, and look in the OP for a description of how Delving works. (Hint: don’t blindly advance. You can permanently slow your progress. Look in the OP for how to manage it.)

One thing I didn't quite get was what it means to "leave a faction at Level 20." I can't find anything resembling a level indicator on the faction screens, but I could just be missing something completely obvious.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

GrandpaPants posted:

One thing I didn't quite get was what it means to "leave a faction at Level 20." I can't find anything resembling a level indicator on the faction screens, but I could just be missing something completely obvious.

Run away before the last fight. Beating the last fight raises the level by 10.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
That's for the event. For the three daily delves just pick the middle option and go all the way through.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Is there any reason to level up a delve at all then? It just seems like it's just making it more difficult for presumably some payoff?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

GrandpaPants posted:

Is there any reason to level up a delve at all then? It just seems like it's just making it more difficult for presumably some payoff?

Unique pets.

It's an end game thing, really.

(Ed: leveling a few times in the events can be a more efficient way to get the rewards, if the cost us worth it to do.)

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I just unlocked my first delve last night and have also been wondering where to get ingots, so this is pertinent to me.

I presume you get better rewards from going as high level as you can, but can do them much faster at 20 so you keep one there for the days you don't have much time.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
You get three kinds of rewards from doing Delves: (1) rewards from the Delve itself, (2) rewards from Faction Renown, and (3) rewards from global Renown (summed over all Factions).

To obtain treasure troops (needed to upgrade your Faction Hoards) and Faction troops, you need chaos shards to open chaos portals. Those shards come in large quantities at the end of Delves, in small quantities (500 total per Faction) from Faction Renown, and not at all from global Renown. So you want to be doing Delves that earn the most shards you can get. At the end of the Delve, you draw one reward for each level the treasure is. That reward is then multiplied by the treasure multiplier, then multiplied again by the multiplier for your Hoard’s quality. So to get the best rewards on a per-Delve basis, you need a Hoard at quality 10 (maximizing the bonuses for beating a boss) and to fully clear the Delve (giving you the largest treasure multiplier and the most chances to upgrade the treasure along the way).

Fully clearing a level-20 Delve should be doable by anyone who can access the Underworld, and offers the easiest path to such a full clear. You “only” get a x1 base multiplier compared to the x2 from advancing. But you can do the full clear of level 20 (at x1) as many times as you want, and it’ll be just as quick each time.

The Faction and global rewards are pretty sweet. They include guaranteed legendary/mythic ingots as one-time rewards, daily bonuses of ingots (of any rarity, but skewing lower), and—yes—copies of pets you can only get from the Underworld. But those rewards are targeted for late- or end-game players, increasingly so as you go down the list. The chaos shards can be earned by anyone, and in quantities large enough that you can build quite the arsenal of faction and treasure troops. But to easily earn/farm chaos shards, it helps to have a faction kept at a manageable level. Level 20 is the lowest such level. It is the easiest to clear for anyone who is just starting to Delve, and the fastest to clear for people trying to optimize their time in the game.

Edit: a quality-10 Hoard gives you three extra reward draws after beating the boss (for a guaranteed minimum of treasure level 5). It also multiplies ingot draws by 2; combined with the in-Delve treasure multiplier, a treasure draw of a single ingot becomes 4 or 6 (or if you’re very lucky, 8) by the time it enters your inventory. This is why farming Delves is where the game starts showering players with high-rarity ingots.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jan 20, 2019

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Seems like a pretty fun game so far. RAZAKAI_ZFKT is my code, could I get an invite?

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Speaking of defense teams, today's team of Glaycion, Sekhma, Rope Dart/Titan, and Giant Spider (with silverglade banner) has gone 3 wins and 4 losses and I'm kinda stunned. Guess that's a keeper.

So, I guess not all of my teams are garbage.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Razakai posted:

Seems like a pretty fun game so far. RAZAKAI_ZFKT is my code, could I get an invite?

Sure thing, be sure to check your inbox for Gem Blossums invite.

Also note for everyone in Gem Blossums in general we got a surprise pet rescue event.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Is there another spot open in Gem Blossums? Invite code is SA WILLEH

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here

Annointed posted:

Sure thing, be sure to check your inbox for Gem Blossums invite.

Also note for everyone in Gem Blossums in general we got a surprise pet rescue event.

Would you mind resending the invite? I got the "error: guild by invite only" bug which after some reading seems to happen at random . Apparently retrying is the only fix!

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Naga. Gross.

I'm thinking a combo of Earth's Fury, Tai-Pan and Vassara, and maybe Euryali for the bonus life and poisoning? But I'm notoriously bad at putting synergizing teams together. Thoughts?

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

porktree posted:

Naga. Gross.

I'm thinking a combo of Earth's Fury, Tai-Pan and Vassara, and maybe Euryali for the bonus life and poisoning? But I'm notoriously bad at putting synergizing teams together. Thoughts?

Yeah this week will be interesting. Towers can't be poisoned, and probably two thirds of Naga troops apply poison.

Poison Master is a pretty good exploder, and Tai Pan/Naga Queen might make it hard to keep your hero barrier'd. I'm thinking maybe:

Titan Earth's Fury
Vassara
Poison Master
Euryali

I've never really used Marilith, but she might be more useful than Euryali because her spell is much cheaper and gives poke damage and mana gen.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
I presume that Gorgatha is an instant buy if you have the diamonds and can't afford TPK?

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Solkanar512 posted:

I presume that Gorgatha is an instant buy if you have the diamonds and can't afford TPK?

In my opinion, Gogotha's usefulness has waned quite a bit with the advent of Titan Mountain Crusher. It just does Tank+Exploder quite a bit better than Gorgotha in most scenarios once Titan and Mountain Crusher are upgraded. Diamonds are so scarce I would not recommend spending them on anything but Mythics anyway until you have all the good ones.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Solkanar512 posted:

Ditto Bandire on skipping Gorgotha

Unless you have a dire need to get a Legendary to be the lynchpin of a team, don't spend diamonds on Legendaries - you'll have almost all the legendaries from keys by the time you can afford your second Mythic

And Gorgotha isn't that lynchpin. I would maaaybe support Glaycion due to how well he synergizes with Titan + Mountain Crusher if you're struggling to beat stuff. But you probably have the troops to make a good enough team as it is.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

Bandire posted:

Titan Earth's Fury
Vassara
Poison Master
Euryali

This is what I've been using, except Assassin Cobra's Curse in front. I'll probably switch to Titan Cobra's Curse soon, but gotta scoop up xp first.

Edit: Swapped in Marilith for Euryali. Yeah, having two mana generators in reserve is nice. And switching to titan / losing the 4th naga slot felt pretty bad for cobra's curse, so I went back to assassin and it's doing fine, though I lose the hero half or so of the time.

Enkor fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 22, 2019

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Thanks for the advice on not buying legendaries folks!

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Well, thanks to doing my first delves yesterday I suddenly had a ton of legendary ingots and upgraded my mountain crusher from +1 to +7. I've also recently levelled Titan enough to get barrier on brown matches.

Relatedly, I just managed to beat all 8 levels of a Pet Rescue without a loss. My previous all-time best was level 4. :stare:

Team was:

Titan / +7 Mountain Crusher
Alchemist ***
Wrath *
Goblin Rocket ***

Wrath is a new addition to my arsenal but is rapidly becoming my favourite troop so far.

e: Alchemist, not Apothecary, duh

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jan 23, 2019

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Is there a way to set a default Pet Rescue team instead of having to change it every time?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

GrandpaPants posted:

Is there a way to set a default Pet Rescue team instead of having to change it every time?

Different enemy teams each have their own Team you have to set up. At some point they'll start repeating and you won't have to set it up. If you set up a newbie team the first time you fought it, you'll have to go put your 'good' team back in if you encounter it again later. But then you won't have to again the third time, it'll remember your last team. But there's maybe 5 or 6 different teams you'll set up? It seems like more than it should be.

Maugrim posted:

Well, thanks to doing my first delves yesterday I suddenly had a ton of legendary ingots and upgraded my mountain crusher from +1 to +7. I've also recently levelled Titan enough to get barrier on brown matches.

Relatedly, I just managed to beat all 8 levels of a Pet Rescue without a loss. My previous all-time best was level 4. :stare:

Team was:

Titan / +7 Mountain Crusher
Apothecary ***
Wrath *
Goblin Rocket ***

Wrath is a new addition to my arsenal but is rapidly becoming my favourite troop so far.

Wrath is great and amazing, and I loved him as one of my first mythics. Color-> Color, Color->Skull is a GREAT ability for doing tons of damage while staying safe with 4- or 5-matches. Surpassed only by Glaycion since DOOMSKULLS are even better than skulls

Devor fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 22, 2019

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Re: pet battles, I'm pretty sure you need 6 total teams - one for each colour/'boss' team setup. They can be the same team or different, doesn't matter, but there are 6 total sets of enemies, each set based on the colour of the pet that you're rescuing.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Does difficulty have any effect on traitstone drops when exploring?

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

GrandpaPants posted:

Does difficulty have any effect on traitstone drops when exploring?

No. Always use normal for speed.

It's a tedious grind regardless though :/

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

I've been going
Titan Cobra's Curse
Invasion troop
Taipan
Viper

And doing well. Viper is imo better than. euralyi here: charm scales, and the third trait can strip barrier.

MrTundra
Aug 19, 2014
So far I've been using:

Marilith
Assassin (Cobra's Curse)
Event troop
Tai-pan
(Wild Plains banner)

Marilith gets the ball rolling well with mana and strips barrier, Assassin summons meat shields for fun once Marilith dies - and needs the xp! Will probably change to a Titan setup eventually but no need so far. Will probably try swapping the order of here and event troop first.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Bandire posted:

Poison Master is a pretty good exploder, and Tai Pan/Naga Queen might make it hard to keep your hero barrier'd. I'm thinking maybe:

Titan Earth's Fury
Vassara
Poison Master
Euryali

I've never really used Marilith, but she might be more useful than Euryali because her spell is much cheaper and gives poke damage and mana gen.
I went with this; Poison Master is perfect, and Marilith is nice to strip barrier. My Vassara is only legendary, and I don't see me spending orbs or gems to change that.

:siren: The Possessed King is available in the soulforge right now.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

porktree posted:

:siren: The Possessed King is available in the soulforge right now.

So is Gargantaur, who I crafted for completion purposes (trying to make sure I am not gated by mythic troops as I advance my kingdom power levels). That 4,000 diamonds hurt way worse than any of the other times I’ve crafted a troop.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Grundulum posted:

So is Gargantaur, who I crafted for completion purposes (trying to make sure I am not gated by mythic troops as I advance my kingdom power levels). That 4,000 diamonds hurt way worse than any of the other times I’ve crafted a troop.

Ugh, ya, I have about 1000 diamonds left including what I can craft, so a tragic pass for me on Gargantaur, but I can't think of a time I've 'needed' that troop.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

At what Mastery level do I stop getting weapons?

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

GrandpaPants posted:

At what Mastery level do I stop getting weapons?

A bunch of weapons require double level 40 masteries, but there's nothing higher. I recently hit 50 in everything and didn't get anything new.

I think Imperial Jewel used to require 50 in everything(?) but it's now 32 in everything.

e: Gem Blossums folks, I smashed some towers, so don't forget to pick up your free stuff from the Invasion rewards.

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jan 23, 2019

octobernight
Nov 25, 2004
High Priest of the Christian-Atheist Church
I've been playing for 2 weeks now and am wondering if is it a good deal to buy the jewel pack using gems from the daily dungeon, or is it better to save those 50 gems a day on chest pulls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

octobernight posted:

I've been playing for 2 weeks now and am wondering if is it a good deal to buy the jewel pack using gems from the daily dungeon, or is it better to save those 50 gems a day on chest pulls?

Maybe neither. Jewels are useless. Get in a guild and the keys will flow.